AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-07, 04:55   Link #16041
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Which part of Saronia strikes you as being powerful? The spell here and the solution is pretty standard stuff, the problem comes with his description of how things unfold, we don't have a clear image of what the field looks like.
Old 2012-01-07, 06:46   Link #16042
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Which part of Saronia strikes you as being powerful? The spell here and the solution is pretty standard stuff, the problem comes with his description of how things unfold, we don't have a clear image of what the field looks like.
I totally agree with you there. I could make a clear image of what the surroundings were like, all i could imagine was a lot of tree and a mountain ( of there was one) over looking some beach so when the fight was going on i couldn't really tell/ imagine what was happening.

For a while i thought the fight was on a cliff edge..... am i right to complain that it was hard to tell were the fight was taking place?
Old 2012-01-07, 07:22   Link #16043
classic

Yeah, so standard stuff that Bardway and Co cannot solve for the whole volume. When they were trying to decode this spell i could not understand their reasoning. In the end solution was simple, but how they come to it solution was pretty vague.
Old 2012-01-07, 07:29   Link #16044
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
Yeah, so standard stuff that Bardway and Co cannot solve for the whole volume. When they were trying to decode this spell i could not understand their reasoning. In the end solution was simple, but how they come to it solution was pretty vague.
Pay attention; an extra bit of effort had been taken as a measure to deceive Birdway into making a false report about her magic, this goes beyond the acting skills capable of one magician and requires alot of resources and outside help, so your argument is invalid.

You must be new here so let me explain- Magic is always the same, it appears powerful because you don't know the trick behind it, but once you do it's weakness becomes apparent.

The key here is figuring out how Saronia is projecting the area she can control, the methods of deduction falls under asking the same questions- what she has done, what she didn't do, why could she just, what's different this time etc.
Old 2012-01-07, 07:55   Link #16045
HasuMasu
*Artist

I have a question regarding Volume 3...

Quote:
He felt the urge to vomit as if he had stuck a finger down his throat. He screamed in his heart not to vomit. He used nice logic in thinking that he was looking at Misaka Imouto and he shouldn’t vomit upon seeing her, but then he suddenly noticed her skirt in the edge of his vision.
Something was sticking out from within her skirt, from between her legs.
The soft and squishy object with a pink surface and a hint of purple was…
...I'm not entirely sure what this means, can someone spell out what exactly this was getting at?
Old 2012-01-07, 08:01   Link #16046
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
...I'm not entirely sure what this means, can someone spell out what exactly this was getting at?
There are two possibilities:

Spoiler for For people's sanity:
Old 2012-01-07, 08:05   Link #16047
tsunade666

that question reminds me of the same thing I asked when that chapter was translated and it leads to lots of speculations.
Old 2012-01-07, 08:10   Link #16048
HasuMasu
*Artist

Yeah, it's not very clear...and it's not like it was mentioned again, ever.
Old 2012-01-07, 08:14   Link #16049
cleed

This is from the sisters arc right? Dead Imouto that's Accelerators doing. Its pretty simple to deduce what it was.
Old 2012-01-07, 08:15   Link #16050
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
This is from the sisters arc right? Dead Imouto that's Accelerators doing. Its pretty simple to deduce what it was.
Not really, do you mean he raped her?
Old 2012-01-07, 08:24   Link #16051
cleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Not really, do you mean he raped her?
Although that is another opinion I'd like to inquire about for another day. This however could be anything from within her body most likely organ that came out when she was killed. You know how brutal or messy Accelerator is.
Old 2012-01-07, 08:28   Link #16052
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Although that is another opinion I'd like to inquire about for another day. This however could be anything from within her body most likely organ that came out when she was killed. You know how brutal or messy Accelerator is.
I understand, especially when he was still wearing the black shirt.

I just figured that if it was something as simple as organs it wouldn't be so vaguely worded.

...It's unlikely it means anything else though.
Old 2012-01-07, 08:35   Link #16053
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

You silly guys. It's the bag of raspberry jam that spilled when she fought Accelerator.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-01-07, 08:48   Link #16054
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Hsssss... Heretics....
Fair enough, but in my defense, it sounded more like they're gathering as many tactics as they can- you know, to have many options- and not because they were finding it hard like what Twi suggested.
...You must be new here
Yeah, you have a point

Quote:
so basically its one of those scene "cuts off and sound of someone getting beaten up" situations. seem kind of awkward and erotic
The image Kamachi used was pretty much the same as when Touma pwned the french dude during the airplane trip ... so basicaly, sounded like Saronyan got some offered dish in addition for the Kamijou's spécial B sauce ...
well at least Saronyan will miraculously be added in his harem, mind you >_>

Whatever, there's really no gallantry in this franchise!!! and some guy even posted stuffs from vol 3 I tried to forget T.T ... and I just read Mai-chan's daily life a few day ago.
But I'll go for Marcus' raspberry jam ... somehow that thought lowers the impact.
Old 2012-01-07, 08:51   Link #16055
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
and some guy even posted stuffs from vol 3 I tried to forget T.T
What would those be?
Old 2012-01-07, 08:58   Link #16056
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The image Kamachi used was pretty much the same as when Touma pwned the french dude during the airplane trip ... so basicaly, sounded like Saronyan got some offered dish in addition for the Kamijou's spécial B sauce ...
well at least Saronyan will miraculously be added in his harem, mind you >_>
It wouldn't be as bad, Saronia could put up some resemblance of a fight.... For awhile.

...You do know that's a myth right? The girls Kamijou beats up never becomes part of his harem... At most she would grudgingly accept his help.

(Technically, Lessar got shot)

Quote:
Whatever, there's really no gallantry in this franchise!!!
Well he did try to talk her out of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What would those be?
Purple stuff.
Old 2012-01-07, 09:21   Link #16057
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What would those be?
Like he said, purple stuffs ... likely jam or yogurt

Quote:
...You do know that's a myth right? The girls Kamijou beats up never becomes part of his harem... At most she would grudgingly accept his help.
(Technically, Lessar got shot)
Yare Yare ... my bad, I didn't intend to make it sound like it's a general fact.
Well, to explain my point I've ever considered his punched friends a part of his harem in the "we were unfriendly acquaintances, now we are buddies" section not in the "I'm totally in love with him" section like ItsuwaN or Miko-chin ... as for Lessar she's in the "we were unfriendly acquaintances and right now she's still pissing me off" xD
Old 2012-01-07, 09:41   Link #16058
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Just finished the updates.... Looks like Touma beat her to pulp real good.

One thing bugs me though:
Quote:
“How about we start with 300 years in unofficial detention facilities in the Arctic and Alaska with no chance of trial. If you quickly withdraw all your troops, end this chaos, and reveal all information you have on the organisation you dealt with named Gremlin, I might consider reducing your penalty. …So basically, get your troops the hell out of here and tell us everything.”
how the hell can someone fulfill a 300 year term?
Old 2012-01-07, 09:48   Link #16059
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
It's just a life sentence all but in name with the possibility of getting reductions for good behavior.
Old 2012-01-07, 09:58   Link #16060
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Nobody can, it's a technicality. The total sum of all his crimes equals to 300 years, that's what's going to be written officially.

Sort of like the 'double life sentence', it's redundant but that's what they would put on paper.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen