Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-14, 10:25   Link #1461
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
I choose to blame Kubo's writing. It's better than a readiness to die for a ship.
Same here, when a character clearly has potential to be popular but fails, somethings up with the writer.

However, say she did become a very powerful fighter, do you honestly think these people would have an about face and suddenly start liking her? Of course not.
Face it, these people don't hate her because they think she think she's weak, they think she's weak because they hate her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
The other half is the seething communion of fans that relentlessly assert that she is in fact an original and compelling character. She is not. She is stock. The role of the helpless, empty headed princess "doing her best" in a cruel, cruel world has been played so many times that I continue to be amazed at how writers can get away with whoring out this archetype.
OK, so half the reason you hate her is based on her actual character, while the other half is based on the fandom. That doesn't make much sense to me. Why should half the reason you hate her have anything to do with people who are quite frankly irrelevant?
Old 2008-10-14, 10:45   Link #1462
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi
Face it, these people don't hate her because they think she think she's weak, they think she's weak because they hate her.
No, you can't really "face it", dear.

Right now, I'm just blah with Ichigo and Co. and twice as blah with Orihime and all the "hype" from her fans. I want to tell them to pipe down (this goes for Rukia fans also, but I'm hearing so much more piping from the other side recently). Sometimes all that goddess-worship even becomes nearly vomit-inducing (scanning the BA Orihime fanclub for instance).

I do find her character ( maybe not in the harshest sense of the word but still) weak. I find her grating at times. But there's really no hate/like here for me. Just a cold analysis of a character. I no longer even expect her to do anything. I'm on auto mode atm with BLEACH. If it happens, it happens.
Old 2008-10-14, 10:54   Link #1463
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Do you have to have a reason to dislike her? Why must everyone have a reason. Some people just do not like her.
Old 2008-10-14, 11:14   Link #1464
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post
Do you have to have a reason to dislike her? Why must everyone have a reason. Some people just do not like her.
True, there do are people who I just randomly need to hate. It's just a natural reaction, something about them I can't quite grasp that sends off warning signals in my brain.

Tough shit for them, though I doubt they really give a flying rat's.
Old 2008-10-14, 11:16   Link #1465
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Exactly. But that's just the problem for some people -- they can't understand how anyone could hate poor, defenseless, gorgeous Orihime. And usually, if a good reason is given for disliking her, one of those people will try and rip it to shreds, which is really ridiculous.

Some love her, some hate her, some couldn't care less. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just accept it and move on?
Old 2008-10-14, 11:59   Link #1466
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Can't you understand that NOT EVERYONE can love Orihime?
YOU face the fact that she is not loved by everyone
And why do they hate her in the first place? God. Get over it. Orihime is hated by some fans because there is a reason. Same goes for her lovers.
You face it. I and other haters have nothing to face. We have have reasons for disliking her. She annoys me.
Old 2008-10-14, 12:16   Link #1467
Kakashi
カカシ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
No, you can't really "face it", dear.

Right now, I'm just blah with Ichigo and Co. and twice as blah with Orihime and all the "hype" from her fans. I want to tell them to pipe down (this goes for Rukia fans also, but I'm hearing so much more piping from the other side recently). Sometimes all that goddess-worship even becomes nearly vomit-inducing (scanning the BA Orihime fanclub for instance).
You're not really getting the bigger picture. I'm blah when it comes to the Karakura squad, most of the captains, the overused humor and Bleach in general. But going around being a killjoy is about the last thing I'd want to do, at least not purposefully to ruin it for everyone else.

Also fanclubs are not the place to go if you're looking for a critical analysis, they're just a place to kick back and have fun with like-minded people.

Quote:
I do find her character (maybe not in the harshest sense of the word but still) weak. I find her grating at times. But there's really no hate/like here for me. Just a cold analysis of a character. I no longer even expect her to do anything. .
Well, not everyone can look at things objectively. Point proven below.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
And why do they hate her in the first place? God. Get over it. Orihime is hated by some fans because there is a reason. Same goes for her lovers.
You face it. I and other haters have nothing to face. We have have reasons for disliking her. She annoys me.
The definition of the word forum inherently implies discussion and debate... not to just blow an opinion and then prance away.
Opinions are worthless unless they're supported with at least something to back it up.
Old 2008-10-14, 12:31   Link #1468
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
I really did not want to reply but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
I wish Ichigo would abuse Rukia more! XD
I wish he would try harder to get the courage to make a move.... REALLY

With the current Manga installations there is an opening for Orihime' s character to show potential to less annoying....GOD I hope he writes her a better script..

Her character is needed to support Rukia, she is her opposite.. She shows what is it to be kind, and human... where Rukia who is kind, but is still learning to be human.... she balances Rukia.. She shows her affection sometimes overly so to the point of being a Ichigo STALKER... where Rukia has not figured it yet... On other hand through friendship Rukia is / well at the beginning of the HM Arc, showing her how to be stronger...

I don't feel she is weak, but because her character design reminds me of a dizzy western Blonde and her actions with the "Kurosaki-kuuuuun" which drives me CRAZY she is always looked at as if she is weak, but given time and another guy to pursue she may surprise us…. But I don’t see it happening until the release of the 6th movie

just my 2 cents ... GOD I don't believe I actually stood up for her....

Last edited by Le_Rukia; 2008-10-14 at 13:01.
Old 2008-10-14, 12:33   Link #1469
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post

The definition of the word forum inherently implies discussion and debate... not to just blow an opinion and then prance away.
Opinions are worthless unless they're supported with at least something to back it up.
That was a question...

I don't think its worth the time and effort for that. Suffice it to say my reasons are about the same as everyone else's.
Old 2008-10-14, 12:44   Link #1470
Kakashi
カカシ

Yeah, so vote in the pole and don't pollute the discussion. As for the enormous effort explaining yourself can take -- anyone can be a parrot. Humans have been blessed with cognitive function. One's instinct is rarely 100% accurate. Wanna use that thing ya call a brain and refine your argument?

Take Syphens post as a good (recent) example.
Old 2008-10-14, 12:45   Link #1471
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

I voted already. I just don't like ship wars...
Old 2008-10-14, 15:28   Link #1472
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
I voted already. I just don't like ship wars...
I do, they are so much fun.
Old 2008-10-14, 15:35   Link #1473
Syphen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Orihime made the sacrifice because Team Ichigo needed a reason to go to Hueco Mundo. We can discuss character motivations all we want, but to be really honest, Bleach's writing (apart from Turn Back the Pendulum) since the end of the Vaizard/Arrancar arc hasn't been strong enough.

Orihime became a Macguffin and really any character would have sufficed (Ishida took that roll during the Bount arc). Granted, the same could be said about Rukia, but it was inevitable from the start after she gave Ichigo her powers.
I agree, character motivation is most often a means to an end. An afterthought designed to justify the plot rather than a vessel to carry it.
Old 2008-10-14, 16:17   Link #1474
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Also fanclubs are not the place to go if you're looking for a critical analysis, they're just a place to kick back and have fun with like-minded people.
Hope you're not being presumptuous here, though I wouldn't mind if you were, since you're one of the few posters I respect. I didn't go there looking for a critical analysis of her character. I went there out of genuine interest for this character. However (and this goes for ALL FC's on BA), I'm not the type that likes to see the same thing repeatedly written for 20 pages (with 3 or 4 versions of it, and more upgrades on the way), that is not constructive and/or conducive to discussion aside from "yay fanartz", and " wow, she's great, " though there are a few exceptional members, like rain, etc.

I would just like to point out that when you use the general term "they", and if I happen to be perusing this portion of the forum, I will have a thing or two to say about it, since I have stated more than once that Orihime has some flaws in her characteristics that I wholeheartedly dislike.

Quote:
If I say to you, I don't like ketchup on my fries, I bet you're the kind of person who'd go, " Why? Is it because it's made out of tomatoes?" Followed by endless loop.

It just seems a little superfluous to me for anyone to go to someone and say:

" Why do you hate her?"
" I think she's weak and flawed."
" Why is she weak?"
Person checks off reasons why they feel she is weak.
" Well, I think you're wrong because..."
Person explains why.
" Well I think you're wrong because...."
Person explains why.
" Opinions are worthless unless they're supported with at least something to back it up."

Your opinions are pretty worthless when you blatantly ignore everyone else's in lieu of your own. What reasons would suffice according to your definition?

Also if opinions are worthless without enough backing (according to you), then these people should win the prize, not to mention they're OT and/or meant to goad the other poster(s):

Quote:
lol, I can understand why you hate her, considering she has stolen massive screen time away from your favorite character. The anime (now that the fillers are over), there will be no Rukia for a long time either. She's laying in a pool of blood until after the Pendulum arc... so lord knows how long that'll be. Even then it'll only be for like 5 seconds.
Quote:
Rukia has already came out of the closet.

If Rukia was a guy, there'd be so many gay jokes
Quote:
You're dense aren't you? I won't bother trying to explain the joke to you.
Quote:
I wish Ichigo would abuse Rukia more! XD
Quote:
the raging of hardcore fans brings a smile to my face
Of course I forgive Trizzy and scarlett, only because I like them a little.

BTW, this reminds me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
You sure act like a 12 year old. I don't care that you like or don't like Inoue. Its your comment about guys only care about action and etc. Its the mindset of an immature boy.
Funny how this is coming from someone who says that all guys prefer sexy girls. Can't take it, but still like to dish it out? I see things haven't changed since I've last been here.
Old 2008-10-14, 17:05   Link #1475
Kakashi
カカシ

Quote:
Hope you're not being presumptuous here, though I wouldn't mind if you were, since you're one of the few posters I respect. I didn't go there looking for a critical analysis of her character. I went there out of genuine interest for this character. However (and this goes for ALL FC's on BA), I'm not the type that likes to see the same thing repeatedly written for 20 pages (with 3 or 4 versions of it, and more upgrades on the way), that is not constructive and/or conducive to discussion aside from "yay fanartz", and " wow, she's great, " though there are a few exceptional members, like rain, etc.
Heh, was being a bit cheeky and pointing out the obvious, since you didn't really explain yourself and called my fellow worshippers vomit inducing. Cheap tricks. To be honest we share a lot of the same views but just happen to collide on some fine details. I can always understand your reasoning when it comes to Orihime, because I don't think you're biased and you a frequently question any fallacy regardless of the users position. Which I respect a lot -- I haven't got the guts myself.

As for BA, might want to check out Nocturne and imamess. They're my personal favourites.

Quote:
I would just like to point out that when you use the general term "they", and if I happen to be perusing this portion of the forum, I will have a thing or two to say about it, since I have stated more than once that Orihime has some flaws in her characteristics that I wholeheartedly dislike.
I'm talking about the extremists who don't give an inch. NOT the general term. My fault for being so vague beforehand.

Quote:
If I say to you, I don't like ketchup on my fries, I bet you're the kind of person who'd go, " Why? Is it because it's made out of tomatoes?" Followed by endless loop.
The dumbest question is the one not asked.

Quote:
Your opinions are pretty worthless when you blatantly ignore everyone else's in lieu of your own. What reasons would suffice according to your definition?
Well, I don't think I ignore everyone's opinion. But if you could show me a few examples of when I have done, I'd be more than happy to work on that. Maybe I do? I do get a bit preachy sometimes.
Old 2008-10-14, 17:22   Link #1476
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Funny how this is coming from someone who says that all guys prefer sexy girls. Can't take it, but still like to dish it out? I see things haven't changed since I've last been here.
Funny cause you know for a fact thats not how I think.
Old 2008-10-14, 18:07   Link #1477
Nervous Venus

Quote:
As for BA, might want to check out Nocturne and imamess. They're my personal favourites.
Those are most likely some of the people I find as exceptions. I think I saw Nocturne around the Nel X Ichigo thread on BA, though I can't be too sure this is the same one? I mostly lurk, though I swear to the dali lama, I don't have nearly enough time to lurk around threads anymore.

Quote:
Well, I don't think I ignore everyone's opinion. But if you could show me a few examples of when I have done, I'd be more than happy to work on that. Maybe I do? I do get a bit preachy sometimes.
I apologize. I don't think/can't honestly say you're this type of person. >.> You are a bit preachy... but it comes with the territory, I guess.

Quote:
The dumbest question is the one not asked.
I understand that the first few times, but I start understanding it less when it spans over a course of 74 pages, and people are still going "Why? Gimme proof ". What defines " valid proof" in this case? I'm a bit lost there. That doesn't mean that I find it justifiable that some hate her guts enough to want to kill her off. Like I said, she's not even real (to me), so why project so much negativity (and vice versa) on someone who isn't real (to me)? Anyway, when people here were at peace, the thread got boring quick, so by all means, continue.

And I really don't like ketchup on my fries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
Funny cause you know for a fact thats not how I think.
I don't have many facts (Do I ever?).

However, we did debate on the topic of male preferences some months ago in the OTP thread that somehow led into another debate in my notes with another member.

Last edited by Nervous Venus; 2008-10-14 at 18:40.
Old 2008-10-14, 18:38   Link #1478
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
Great Debate (insert )
Quote:
I understand that the first few times, but I start understanding it less when it spans over a course of 74 pages, and people are still going "Why? Gimme proof ". What defines " valid proof" in this case? I'm a bit lost there. That doesn't mean that I find it justifiable that some hate her guts enough to want to kill her off. Like I said, she's not even real (to me), so why project so much negativity (and vice versa) on someone who isn't real (to me)? Anyway, when people here were at peace, the thread got boring quick, so by all means, continue.

And I really don't like ketchup on my fries.
Remember there new members who have come along and have added new views on the subject. even through it has been covered over 74 pages..let it go for 75 more pages that way the nubbie like myslef can have a chance to respond......
As for fries I also don' t care for ketchup either... Why does it really matter

yes thank you for shaking things up..... ya
Old 2008-10-14, 20:24   Link #1479
Scarlett_Rain55

Oh yeah Nocturne and Imamess are amazing. They're like the best IchigoXOrihime supporters there is.
Old 2008-10-15, 01:46   Link #1480
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Of course I forgive Trizzy and scarlett, only because I like them a little.
<3

Quote:
I like ones that don't sound faulty :3 the whole ketchup and fries thing...allergies or a dislike for the taste is good enough
Closed Thread