3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-19, 23:58   Link #61
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I actually enjoyed the cgi battle (though I guess I was probably a little overhyped, I always enjoy the big set piece battles in movies like LotR, Braveheart, Gladiator, etc.)
Old 2006-05-20, 00:48   Link #62
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I was hoping for a scene where Hakuoro names the new country as Tuskuru in her honor. Oh well...
Spoiler:
Spoiler for end of episode 7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye
If I'm to believe Hakuoro's a homage/reference to Zhuge-Liang (what is the English name of that saga... Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Sango?) then he wouldn't place himself as Emperor. He'd be Head Strategist and General Affairs Advisor (I doubt he could go back to being an ordinary villager any time soon - as sadly that'd be irresponsible).
The thing here is that Zhuge Liang was primarily a strategist, while Liu Bei was the one supplying the charisma and thus is able to rule. Hakuoro is pretty much loved/respected by everyone, which is why there's pretty much no choice in the matter.
Old 2006-05-20, 00:52   Link #63
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

*please delete*
Old 2006-05-20, 01:18   Link #64
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
He just forced Benawi to live. Why not force him to become the emperor as well?
Consider what was being said. Hakuoro was basically telling Benawi to not throw away his life. That's different from telling someone they have to become emperor.

And Hakuoro is still the best person for the job.
Old 2006-05-20, 01:24   Link #65
Lost

For all we know, Hakuoro may have been an emperor in his "past life" and he has definitely shown good leadership skills. Then again, Benawi has had the experience as samurai leader and working closely with the previous emperor; as well as having the morals and people-power ideals, and the courage to stick to his ideals, which may also make him a pretty good emperor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
No, there is no explicit scene showing Hakuoro naming the country. You only hear it indirectly in Munto's report to Waabe.
oic. a scene like that would feel cheesy to me ahwell.
Old 2006-05-20, 02:34   Link #66
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Consider what was being said. Hakuoro was basically telling Benawi to not throw away his life. That's different from telling someone they have to become emperor.
This could be true; Still, I think it's actually far more complicated than just that.

Something like:

Dont be a coward that uses suicide as a means to escape. You have to see this through to the end and take responsability for your actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
And Hakuoro is still the best person for the job.
How much do we know about Hakuoro anyway?

Quote:
For all we know, Hakuoro may have been an emperor in his "past life" and he has definitely shown good leadership skills. Then again, Benawi has had the experience as samurai leader and working closely with the previous emperor; as well as having the morals and people-power ideals, and the courage to stick to his ideals, which may also make him a pretty good emperor.
Yes, both have their own merits for becoming rulers; Wich is the reason as to why I am hoping for a little bit of drama over the taking of power, and not just the obvious path of picking the Hero.
Old 2006-05-20, 02:55   Link #67
Alu
Guide my hand...

Yet another Very Good episode this week; I have to say, judging by the last episodes up until this one, this series can only become better and better if this pace is continued.

Much like everyone I also enjoyed the battle scenes, I never expected them to place CG in them, but they way they did it was outstanding.., CG in my eyes when correctly applied can realy emphasise a scene, as such happens in these large scale battle ones.
That beeing said, and also regarding the 1 on 1 scenes like Oboro vs Benawi, I recon they where all well done aswell.
I have yet to see a fight scene in this anime where I have been dissapointed, even though some that past have been short.

Regarding the story now.., as we all saw, I belive this to be a "conclusion" episode, as in the conclusion of the first arc; or in other words.., the begining of the story.
Spoiler:

Regarding the characters now..
For Benawi :
Spoiler:

For Hakuoro :
Spoiler:

For Nuwangi :
Spoiler:

In conclusion I enjoyed this episode very much, and I honestly can't wait for the next, specialy because.., more new characters will appear
I gaved it a 9
Old 2006-05-20, 07:00   Link #68
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Had another look at the battle scenes, but yet again I don't quite understand why people liked them. They didn't excite me, I felt no tension whatsoever, and regularly the fighting movements looked awkward to me. And some of the CG just looked plain silly.

Fortunately I liked the character interaction. I was a bit disappointed that Nuwangi didn't simply get killed at the battle scene, and was surprised that Eruru opted to release him. And even more so that her decision was accepted so easily. Thought there would've been some grumbling at least. I know she would never have him killed, so was expecting the jail option. The fact that she got to choose his fate and it was accepted so easily, shows that they have alot of respect for her.

Benawi's actions were understandable I guess, he made one last effort to protect the country he served and then put an end to it with his own hands once it was clear it was all over. Ofcourse Hakuoro wouldn't let him end his own life though, but I'm curious what he said to Benawi concerning living with disgrace.

Personally I'm not expecting them to appoint an emperor, but create some other kind of government. A council with a couple of special positions for people like Hakuoro perhaps. Next episode the real plot starts?
Old 2006-05-20, 07:17   Link #69
bento-cube
Lunchbox? Mmm.

Looked like something out of Stronghold 2, haha. But I still enjoy it nonetheless, and I'm interested in seeing how they'll develop the anime from the game.
Old 2006-05-20, 07:51   Link #70
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Fortunately I liked the character interaction. I was a bit disappointed that Nuwangi didn't simply get killed at the battle scene, and was surprised that Eruru opted to release him. And even more so that her decision was accepted so easily. Thought there would've been some grumbling at least. I know she would never have him killed, so was expecting the jail option. The fact that she got to choose his fate and it was accepted so easily, shows that they have alot of respect for her.

plus she's family to Hakuro
Old 2006-05-20, 07:57   Link #71
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Even if Nuwangi was set free, it doesnt bode well for him. Even after he was set free and had a change of heart, he's got a great deal of enemies who still want his head. Unless he goes into hidding.

Benawi being up for emperor doesn't bode well for him either. Being the once samuri learder of the previous emperor isnt quite the refference the poeple are looking for in a new leader, even if Benawi knows justice. Even so if Hakouro said benawi makes a good emperor the people would take it as so, cause Hakouro is always right! The poeple are suckers for him.

I just dont see it as to why. I dont get it. How can a solitary person who has no name, looks different like the rest of them, has no recolection of his past and weres a mask he cant take off to boot be so trust worthy? Its only been months (to my guess) since the people got to know him and his allready capable of being an emperor of a new country, people would even give their lives for him if they need to. He has charisma +20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
plus she's family to Hakuro
This also shows another example.
Old 2006-05-20, 08:04   Link #72
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
He has charisma +20!
I belive that is quite a possibility ^^
Old 2006-05-20, 09:47   Link #73
Furudanuki

The emperor is dead, the rebellion has succeeded, and Hakuoru and company are in charge of the country now. The big question, of course, is can they hold on to what they have won? Judging from what the leader of the wing-people said, this is only the latest of many countries that have fallen/been overthrown. So there will surely be larger - and more competent - challenges looming on the horizon. I also found it extremely interesting to see the wing-people's leader react the way he did when he heard that the country would be named "Tusukuru". Did he actually know her somehow? Or could that name carry some other connotation that we are not yet aware of? I'm looking forward to learning the answers. I do hope that the series takes a few episodes to catch its breath and allow for some character interaction and development before starting the next action arc. That sort of information is what causes me to care about (or despise) characters in a series, and makes it all the more interesting when things happen to them later.

There were flaws and some less-than-impressive CG, but this was still another good episode in what is shaping up to be a very good series. I'm hooked.

Quote:
LOL. Steamed Chicken Breast banzai! Chicken Tonight banzai! bleh.
Spoiler for angel pictures:
Based on the two winged girls we have seen thus far, I have formed a hypothesis that they are able to fly due to lighter-than-air gas contained in two large chambers situated in the pectoral region of their bodies. I can't think of any other reason why a flying creature would have something that creates so much aerodynamic drag.

Edit - fix stupid spelling error

Last edited by Furudanuki; 2006-05-20 at 12:26.
Old 2006-05-20, 09:56   Link #74
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
He has charisma +20!
Make that +40 !!

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if all the little girls in the country were to call him "daddy" from now on.
Old 2006-05-20, 11:18   Link #75
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Had another look at the battle scenes, but yet again I don't quite understand why people liked them. They didn't excite me, I felt no tension whatsoever, and regularly the fighting movements looked awkward to me. And some of the CG just looked plain silly.

And even more so that her decision was accepted so easily. Thought there would've been some grumbling at least. I know she would never have him killed, so was expecting the jail option. The fact that she got to choose his fate and it was accepted so easily, shows that they have alot of respect for her.
The CG did excite me because I liked the fluid movement of the soldiers as a body; hell I just can't say no to CG in an Anime. Being as Pixar-nized as I am, one does crave for 3D (or semi-3D) once in a while.

I thought the same, but there was some muttering around her; not suprising, some may have lost friends or family to him. As for their respect for her, I don't know if they notice Eruruu's closeness to (and yearning for) Hakuoro; if they do, then she's almost a queen or empress to them. But they must, since they probably hear whispered stories (maybe rumors) "she's the one that nursed our great leader back to health" - even as close as family, as Onizuka-GTO said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
I do hope that the series takes a few episodes to catch its breath and allow for some character interaction and development before starting the next action arc. That sort of information is what causes me to care about (or despise) characters in a series, and makes it all the more interesting when things happen to them later.
I really really want that too. I feel this has been pretty short on character interaction/development. There was some, but it seemed.. superficial at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
Based on the two winged girls we have seen thus far, I have formed a hypothesis that they are able to fly due to lighter-than-air gas contained in two large chambers situated in the pectoral region of their bodies. I can't think of any other reason why a flying creature would have something that creates so much aerodynamic drag.
Large chambers eh? I got to agree. would they happen to be inflatable? Hee sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-05-20 at 11:40.
Old 2006-05-20, 13:24   Link #76
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Even if Nuwangi was set free, it doesnt bode well for him. Even after he was set free and had a change of heart, he's got a great deal of enemies who still want his head. Unless he goes into hidding.

Benawi being up for emperor doesn't bode well for him either. Being the once samuri learder of the previous emperor isnt quite the refference the poeple are looking for in a new leader, even if Benawi knows justice. Even so if Hakouro said benawi makes a good emperor the people would take it as so, cause Hakouro is always right! The poeple are suckers for him.

I just dont see it as to why. I dont get it. How can a solitary person who has no name, looks different like the rest of them, has no recolection of his past and weres a mask he cant take off to boot be so trust worthy? Its only been months (to my guess) since the people got to know him and his allready capable of being an emperor of a new country, people would even give their lives for him if they need to. He has charisma +20!

This also shows another example.
Quoted in its entirety for truth. I require more angst about Hakouro's forgotten past. If he were the God of Chaos or something, his clones being spread out across the land to sow rebellion and... um... chaos... that would be fine, too.
Old 2006-05-20, 14:08   Link #77
Cyz
"Show it to me"

so does this mean that hakouro is now the emperor or just a leader of the country?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-05-20, 15:10   Link #78
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
oic. a scene like that would feel cheesy to me ahwell.
Well, if they made it as part of a elegy to Tusukur with some flashbacks and good music, I think it would've come out very well.
Old 2006-05-20, 19:37   Link #79
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
so does this mean that hakouro is now the emperor or just a leader of the country?
no. he's just an..er... an er military advisor....yeah..... >.>
Old 2006-05-20, 20:03   Link #80
Green²
It's bacon!

The emperor's fortress, last hurrah, final battle. Checkmate. But man, what an ugly place to put an wood-like fortress. High ground behind, moat to the front & sides, and forest surrounding everywhere. Good battles overall though.

Closed Thread