AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 01:37   Link #7881
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoron View Post
but Haruhi wasn't.. only Taniguchi...

which means Haruki won't be there as well.

a much more interesting conversation would be Taniguchi asking Kyonko what really happened and what "far fetched" story would kyonko concoct to hide what really happened

"I SWEAR NOTHING WAS GOING ON! H-HE JUST SLIPPED ON A BANANA PEEL AND FELL ON TOP OF ME! AND BECAUSE HE WAS A GENTLEMEN HE HELPED ME UP!" [-Said while frantically waving her hands and blushing-]

what the hell kind of response was that!? I can't believe I just said that, that must've been the most..

"...........So what really happened?"

ITT Kyonko phails at coming up with an explanation. I still go with Kyonko with her hair down, and suggessive position in this scene.
BookOfMages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 01:43   Link #7882
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Well... it'd make about as much sense as the "fainted as a result of anemia" excuse in the original... or that could be tweaked so Kyonko tries to catch Yuuki and ends up as a human mattress as a result
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 01:50   Link #7883
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Well... it'd make about as much sense as the "fainted as a result of anemia" excuse in the original... or that could be tweaked so Kyonko tries to catch Yuuki and ends up as a human mattress as a result

Ryo cuts of Kyonko's ribbon as she ducks from his first slash.

Kyonko attempt to catch Yuuki = Yuuki's Head on Kyonko's chest [Fans jealous]

Taniguchi coming in as Yuuki struggles to get up resulting it. [-Shock-]

Misunderstood situation.

Ohshi- angry Yuuki fangirls+fanboys.
Old 2008-04-09, 01:54   Link #7884
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
154 cm is too short.
Gee, thanks *is 154 cm tallshort*

Sorry, just joking there (Except for the being 154 cm part, unfortunately). But even after having to endure this height for a rather long time, I wouldn't say it's all too short for someone that age, especially if Japanese (from what I’ve seen).

Sure, according to my experience, it leads to people always having time to make sure you're aware of how short you are, but it's still not that hard to be around people who are, say, around 180 cm (sure, you have to look up all the time, but the common myth that it gets painful for one’s neck is not true). Although one note; if it's really windy outside, and the person you're speaking to actually is around 180, they might not always hear what you say

Then again, Haruki might like that, since he'd have an excuse not to listen to Kyonko's objections. Kind of like "Sorry, can't hear you, you're just too short" on a windy day, I guess

In other words, I think there’s nothing wrong with Kyonko being 154 cm. It’s not like being short ruins a character or anything, especially if she’s supposed to be that way.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 01:55   Link #7885
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... actually the hair ribbon was cut off as part of Ryou's "fun"... unless that gets removed in the editjob...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2008-04-09, 02:02   Link #7886
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
In other words, I think there’s nothing wrong with Kyonko being 154 cm. It’s not like being short ruins a character or anything, especially if she’s supposed to be that way.
Well, in my mind, Kyonko would be slightly shorter than the Japanese average (158 cm).

Hence why I chose 156 cm.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 02:08   Link #7887
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

........I'm okay with 154cm and 156cm lawl.

Yuki Nagato height is perfect though IMO.
Old 2008-04-09, 02:10   Link #7888
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
@Aebliss
Wa wa wa wasuremo... UAGH!

Suman....
GOYOKURIIiiiiii......
I, umm ... o.o ... I kinda have no idea what that means. You seem emotional, though. Translation?
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 02:11   Link #7889
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Well, in my mind, Kyonko would be slightly shorter than the Japanese average (158 cm).

Makes sense, since she isn't getting the endless "wow, you're really short!" comments all of the time (lucky girl... it's annoying ). And 2 cm doesn't really make that big of a difference, really... So I think 156 cm is equally fine too.

But if she's short, I wouldn't make her taller than that (I guess that makes me bitter ).
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 02:56   Link #7890
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
I, umm ... o.o ... I kinda have no idea what that means. You seem emotional, though. Translation?
I'm fairly certain that would be Taniguchi's lines during the whole "awkward moment" scene involving Yuki and Kyon.
Old 2008-04-09, 03:23   Link #7891
shaoron
AQS representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookOfMages View Post
ITT Kyonko phails at coming up with an explanation. I still go with Kyonko with her hair down, and suggessive position in this scene.
simple!
one of asakura's attack barely misses kyonko but hits her hairband.
done!

Quote:
I'm fairly certain that would be Taniguchi's lines during the whole "awkward moment" scene involving Yuki and Kyon.
the answer to your questions
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 03:51   Link #7892
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Asakura brought the katana up behind my head. I felt him cut the tie holding my hair up, which came down in one smooth motion.

“Ah, there. Much better. You look a lot nicer with your hair down. Makes you look more wild.” Asakura continued to smile kindly at me.
[sarc]Am I the only one who actually reads these?[/sarc]

And as for the link... thanks, you reminded me of the whole WAWAWA meme...

(sorry about the general unpleasantness of this post...)
Old 2008-04-09, 04:18   Link #7893
shaoron
AQS representative

too much to read
couldn't process everything
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 05:54   Link #7894
Jintor

Chapter Five Part Three EDITJOB GET!

Spoiler for Chapter 5 part 3: Shoe Locker Letter:

/EDIT'd to conform with Discreet's stuff and JEBUS MAN TAKE NOTE OF WHAT GOD-DAMN TENSE I'VE BEEN CONSISTENTLY USING FOR ALL MY EDITS YEEESH

Last edited by Jintor; 2008-04-10 at 05:19.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 06:22   Link #7895
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I really see no reason why Haruki can't be a 182cm. It's not that freakishly tall.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 06:56   Link #7896
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

None of the characters in the original version are that tall. While 182cm might be acceptable to you, it's outside of the canonical height range.
Old 2008-04-09, 06:58   Link #7897
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
None of the characters in the original version are that tall. While 182cm might be acceptable to you, it's outside of the canonical height range.
We've just gender inverted the entire Haruhi universe.

I think we took continuity, clubbed it on the head, and raped it on the floor.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 08:46   Link #7898
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
I would like to suggest that Asakura restrains Kyonko with metallic tentacles (rather than squicky slimy organic ones). Why? Because it's traditional service; "alien captures schoolgirl with phallic tendrils" is right up there in the anime schoolgirl charter along with "flashing panties at hero the day you meet" and "boobs groped in exchange for arresting your fall". Because Kyoani would do it (eg Xia Yu Fan/Lan twincest).

EDIT: Besides, having Asakura simply casting "hold person" is kinda boring, don"t you think?

Last edited by otai; 2008-04-09 at 09:00.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 09:00   Link #7899
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
kyonko is not a loli.
she's short, yes, but not loli-short
she's tsun, not loli-tsun
DFC, but not loli-DFC

making her loli would ruin her entire image
I've always thought of her as a loli, technically... how would that "ruin her image"? She's The Ruri of the cast.

And yeah, we should just use Yuki's height as the base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
At the risk of rehashing something that's already been put on the wiki: wouldn't it be interesting after the fight between Nagato and Asakura, to have it be Kyon who is on the ground (having gone weak-kneed from the tension and relief, or just slipping on a banana peel or whatnot), with Nagato leaning over her? It'd make Nagato Yuuki look more physically tough than Nagato Yuki for one thing, if he could stay standing during and after regenerating those wounds, and would also preserve the original positioning (I sense bad jokes coming on, but what the hey) of the characters.

This idea came to me after reading Dkellis's excellent story about the Nagato Yuuki fan club. Just imagine the possibilities if A) It was Nagato leaning over Kyonko as it was Kyon over Nagato in the original version, and B) Tanaguchi had said something to someone and a debate raged between the fan club members and Kyonko's friends about 'who was trying to seduce whom', with Kyonko in the middle, frustrated and trying to convince people 'nothing really happened, I just felt faint and Nagato tried to help me back up!' Cue Tanaguchi saying: 'C'mon, Kyon! Don't be so bashful, you got lucky with a really bishie guy! Have some female pride!'
Nagato is going to collapse on top of her after the fight. And since, thanks to Asakura, she already has her hair down... it's going to look might suspicious when Taniguchi walks in.

Quote:
... actually the hair ribbon was cut off as part of Ryou's "fun"... unless that gets removed in the editjob...
Hair tie, not ribbon. She'll be getting a yellow ribbon later.

Quote:

And I still think that's too tall. Removes some of her Ruri-ness.

Quote:
simple!
one of asakura's attack barely misses kyonko but hits her hairband.
done!
Seriously guys, what's the point in posting if you don't read my stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
We've just gender inverted the entire Haruhi universe.

I think we took continuity, clubbed it on the head, and raped it on the floor.
182 is still too tall. I'd think that 180 is about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
I would like to suggest that Asakura restrains Kyonko with metallic tentacles (rather than squicky slimy organic ones). Why? Because it's traditional service; "alien captures schoolgirl with phallic tendrils" is right up there in the anime schoolgirl charter alonh with "flashing panties at hero the day you meet" and "boobs groped in exchange for arresting your fall". Because Kyoani would do it (eg Xia Yu Fan/Lan twincest).
...Do you people ever read my stuff? Ever?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 09:50   Link #7900
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...Do you people ever read my stuff? Ever?
But... its just not the same. At least the tradition continues elsewhere in Urusei Yatsura knockoffs.

Seriously, she could snark about how the situation with tentacles is hentai fantasy; to which Asakura goes 'Oh, really?' and proceeds to toy with her a bit.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan