AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-07-25, 17:17   Link #17861
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyaKyoto View Post
About the VN... I can handle being the voice director and caster.
I'd love that, actually...

I never actually listened to your fandubs, (apologies ) but if you wanna be on the team, we'd be glad to have you.

Hmm. Maybe I should start a topic in Crossroads finalizing what we want the Seitenkan characters to sound like... Expect an invitation from Danchou eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Well... there is the problem of file size... every line of dialogue would require its own voice clip. Given the length of just the first week alone, we're looking at several hundred MB of just voices.

... Okay, so I'd be the only one who'd have that problem.
This is how voice clips work.

Although I'd love to have the narration be fully voiced, that's an insane amount of lines, so we'll probably do what most VNs do and only have Kyon speak when he's actually talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
The other half is famous characters, however. Having another voices to then would be awkward. ( andI am even speaking about the english dub, but even that voices would be awkward for me)
Bah, purism. Having people who only sound like what we want is fine.

I could pull off a fairly good Kyon, for example, if I didn't stutter.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 17:17   Link #17862
ShinyaKyoto

Send a message via AIM to ShinyaKyoto Send a message via Yahoo to ShinyaKyoto
Caster is someone who casts the voice talent for the roles. I already have an cast for the genderbending part but not the characters from the anime but either way i'm fine with no voices or with voices.
ShinyaKyoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 17:21   Link #17863
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Well... actually you did have a Haruhi at one point... just for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I never actually listened to your fandubs, (apologies ) but if you wanna be on the team, we'd be glad to have you.
From what I managed to hear before he decided to just lump the whole thing together in one ginormous file, the female cast is pretty good. Can't really say too much for the males, though.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 17:24   Link #17864
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyaKyoto View Post
I already have an cast for the genderbending part.
We're probably going to talk about that after I make Danchou listen to the fandubs.

Apologies.
Old 2009-07-25, 17:26   Link #17865
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:

Bah, purism. Having people who only sound like what we want is fine.

I could pull off a fairly good Kyon, for example, if I didn't stutter.
Disagree. It is very hard to find a good dub. We have many characters so it is hard to make it work to all of then. However, it is maybe because I am not used to. In Brazil the Subbing Versus Dubbing thing it isn't even an issue, since most films are foreigner anyway, we are used to subs and it isconsensus here that it is better that way.

Also, I didn't heard all the ShinyaKyoto's fandub, but I realy liked Kyonko's voice. I still do not believe that the old characters will be good, however.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 17:28   Link #17866
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Disagree. It is very hard to find a good dub. We have many characters so it is hard to make it work to all of then. However, it is maybe because I am not used to. In Brazil the Subbing Versus Dubbing thing it isn't even an issue, since most films are foreigner anyway, we are used to subs and it isconsensus here that it is better that way.

Also, I didn't heard all the ShinyaKyoto's fandub, but I realy liked Kyonko's voice. I still do not believe that the old characters will be good, however.
I'm really pro-dubbing these days, despite the fact that I know that most dubs suck, so we're not going to agree on this.
Old 2009-07-25, 17:29   Link #17867
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Let's just agree to disagree and not start up a Dub v. Sub argument. They never end well, and this certainly isn't the place for it.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-07-25, 17:43   Link #17868
Heatth

Quote:
Let's just agree to disagree and not start up a Dub v. Sub argument. They never end well, and this certainly isn't the place for it.
Well, it is the place for it. Ir needed to be decided right? But I don't know how it usually end. As I said, here someone just say "subs sucks" and everyone reply "true".

Anyway, I can't be really against it for now. I liked the few I heard from the fandub, so I need to hear the rest and the old characters voice before say it sucks.

Also, as a selfish request, pleae base the voice on the japanese cast over the english cast. It also would be better for most foreigner players.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-07-25 at 17:54.
Old 2009-07-25, 17:45   Link #17869
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Also, as a selfish request, pleae base the voice on the japanese cast over the english cast. It also would be better for most foreigner players.
Of course.

Except Mikuru and other characters that have high-pitched voices. They do not work in English.
Old 2009-07-25, 17:47   Link #17870
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
But!... nyeh...

I think we should hold off on really considering voice casting until most of the writing is done. If nothing else, that'll give the caster a better grip on how exactly a particular character will need to sound.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 17:53   Link #17871
Heatth

Quote:
Of course.

Except Mikuru and other characters that have high-pitched voices. They do not work in English.
If you say so. (I will look for how she sound in the dub)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
But!... nyeh...

I think we should hold off on really considering voice casting until most of the writing is done. If nothing else, that'll give the caster a better grip on how exactly a particular character will need to sound.
But it is already know. Even the original characters are known, and they already have a voice actor anyway. What must be finished before is the final edit, but the cast can be training in the between. (and showing the work to Danchou and Kaisos)

*e*
But if is really going to be dubbed, how we will do the narration? Usualy this is not dubbed right? (it is not in F/S N at last) But is important don't know if Kyon is speaking out loud or not. In the other hand, if all narraions lines be dubbed, it wil be realy big.
Old 2009-07-25, 17:59   Link #17872
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
But if is really going to be dubbed, how we will do the narration? Usualy this is not dubbed right? (it is not in F/S N at last) But is important don't know if Kyon is speaking out loud or not. In the other hand, if all narraions lines be dubbed, it wil be realy big.
I said above, voicing narration is way too much work for the voice actor...
Old 2009-07-25, 18:00   Link #17873
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
If you say so. (I will look for how she sound in the dub)
If you've seen the Naruto dub, think Hinata... only more annoying.

Quote:
Pretty sure it was already stated that the narration most likely won't be voiced...
Old 2009-07-25, 18:04   Link #17874
Heatth

Quote:
If you've seen the Naruto dub, think Hinata... only more annoying.
I haven't seen any dub. I am brazilian so the english dub realy don't matter to me.

So the narrition is not dubbed (have skiped this for some reason). We still have the problem of knowing when he is speaking or not. Unless we just don't dubb that lines, even tough it should.
Old 2009-07-25, 18:07   Link #17875
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

There's been plenty of voiced Naruto games. Just find an English video that features Hinata. (I'd go for one of Hinata vs. Itachi, just because of who voices the latter. )
Old 2009-07-25, 18:11   Link #17876
Heatth

Quote:
There's been plenty of voiced Naruto games. Just find an English video that features Hinata. (I'd go for one of Hinata vs. Itachi, just because of who voices the latter. )
It isn't simpler just look for Mikuru's english voice on you tube?
Old 2009-07-25, 18:25   Link #17877
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

True... but I prefer the idea of a Mikuru soundalike being beat up by someone voiced by Crispin Freeman.

(Besides... Hinata is really the only other character I know of voiced by Stephanie Sheh that sounds that similar to Mikuru.)
Old 2009-07-25, 18:25   Link #17878
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Y'all really need to stop getting ahead of yourselves. One thing at a time mates. You still have writes to do Kaisos.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 18:26   Link #17879
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Aw... you're no fun.
Old 2009-07-25, 18:26   Link #17880
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Y'all really need to stop getting ahead of yourselves. One thing at a time mates. You still have writes to do Kaisos.
But if someone is offering help, we must consider it right?

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan