Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-14, 14:28   Link #1481
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialies View Post
i thought a servant/spirit/counterguardian could aquire more noble phantasms even after their "dead"...eg if gil throws away (permenantly) one of his millions of swords and iono...archer decides to keep it wouldnt that make it archers phantasm? =/ maybe im wrong...
Good question. However Noble Phantasms cannot be 'traded' between counter guardians--they are already dead and can't have any growths. A heroic spirit is a crystallization of the wish of people and their image is fixed after it's been defined. Even if a hero throws away her sword the sword will still belong to its original owner and can't be utilized by others. They can keep it and hold onto it, but they still won't be able to unleash their properties.
And also, gil's swords aren't his Noble Phantasm. It's the gate that's the phantasm and the swords are simply 'ammo' that can be treated as Noble Phantasms.

Note: even if a servant destroys their own Noble Phantasm(via any means), he still 'owns' the weapon, but only the later form(even in the form of shards). If the servant disappears their Noble Phantasms will also disappear along with them.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 00:25   Link #1482
serialies

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Good question. However Noble Phantasms cannot be 'traded' between counter guardians--they are already dead and can't have any growths. A heroic spirit is a crystallization of the wish of people and their image is fixed after it's been defined. Even if a hero throws away her sword the sword will still belong to its original owner and can't be utilized by others. They can keep it and hold onto it, but they still won't be able to unleash their properties.
And also, gil's swords aren't his Noble Phantasm. It's the gate that's the phantasm and the swords are simply 'ammo' that can be treated as Noble Phantasms.

Note: even if a servant destroys their own Noble Phantasm(via any means), he still 'owns' the weapon, but only the later form(even in the form of shards). If the servant disappears their Noble Phantasms will also disappear along with them.
if its a crystalization of the pplz wishes then wouldnt saber automatically -> a guy...cuz like...no one knew "he" was a "she" =/...and that would also mean eg if suddenly pplz decided to spread the rumour that gil had AIDS...and the rumor spread world wide wouldnt that mean gil would be summoned with AIDS? *headache* maybe im thinkin to much bout this XD
serialies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 02:46   Link #1483
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I don't know if anyone's already asked this question or not, but could someone explain the meaning of the title of the series to me? Why is it called fate/stay night with the odd "/" in the title? Thanks in advance for you time.
Old 2007-10-15, 10:31   Link #1484
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
if its a crystalization of the pplz wishes then wouldnt saber automatically -> a guy...cuz like...no one knew "he" was a "she" =/...and that would also mean eg if suddenly pplz decided to spread the rumour that gil had AIDS...and the rumor spread world wide wouldnt that mean gil would be summoned with AIDS? *headache* maybe im thinkin to much bout this XD
Only the power of it is affacted by the people. The vessel isn't.

As for the title, dig up on older posts on this topic, you'll eventually find it.
Old 2007-10-16, 17:15   Link #1485
azurie

was Fate/Zero and or Fate/ Hallow antraxia ever made into manga or were they just the H-games?
azurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 21:20   Link #1486
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Fate/Zero is not a visual novel, a mistake of many, but it is just a novel. Traditional, words printed on paper novel. Neither have been adapted into mangas yet.
Old 2007-10-17, 09:20   Link #1487
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
I just re-watched FSN (got myself depressed again for Saber leaving).... and I'm wondering if there are better versions in terms of video quality and resolution than what I have (h264+AAC 704x400). In other words, has FSN ever been aired in HD before? I presume that buying the DVD would be the best option to get the best viewing experience, but are there any HD versions out there? I tried searching for other fansubs but there aren't any. It's such a waste that this wonderful series can't be watched in full HD goodness. Pardon me if this is a useless question.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 17:04   Link #1488
azurie

Quote:
Fate/Zero is not a visual novel, a mistake of many, but it is just a novel. Traditional, words printed on paper novel. Neither have been adapted into mangas yet.
i see so was there one made (i know was a h-game) for fate/ hallow antraxia?
azurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 21:27   Link #1489
serialies

ok new thought-questions

1. if servants cant gain new noble phantasms post-mortem then how is it possible for shiro to return avalon? ;P as it was stolen in Sabers lifetime it shouldnt fall into the condition of being bound to her spirit

2. why doesnt Saber be all like "lol shiro i knew ur father" or something along those lines
Old 2007-10-19, 08:38   Link #1490
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
ok new thought-questions

1. if servants cant gain new noble phantasms post-mortem then how is it possible for shiro to return avalon? ;P as it was stolen in Sabers lifetime it shouldnt fall into the condition of being bound to her spirit

2. why doesnt Saber be all like "lol shiro i knew ur father" or something along those lines
Shirou returns Saber's Avalon. You can loose your own belongings but it still belongs to you. Or do you want to say if I stole your computer it will no longer belong to you anymore? : P

I don't understand question two, can you be more specific?
Old 2007-10-19, 08:51   Link #1491
serialies

Quote:
Shirou returns Saber's Avalon. You can loose your own belongings but it still belongs to you. Or do you want to say if I stole your computer it will no longer belong to you anymore? : P

I don't understand question two, can you be more specific?
ok in fate/zero saber is shiro's "fathers" servant (i dont need spoilers do i?...)
and seeing as its b4 shiro summons her wouldnt she be like "omfg i knew ur dad" or something?
Old 2007-10-19, 10:09   Link #1492
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Well Saber hates Shirou's father so I guess she would avoid that topic?
Old 2007-10-19, 21:44   Link #1493
serialies

Quote:
Well Saber hates Shirou's father so I guess she would avoid that topic?
but still, she knows
Spoiler for possible spoiler?:
Old 2007-10-20, 02:58   Link #1494
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

I was just guessing. Can you think of any reason?
Old 2007-10-20, 05:07   Link #1495
serialies

Quote:
I was just guessing. Can you think of any reason?
a logical conclusion would be that the servants memory of a grail war gets wiped when they leave it...but then
Spoiler for just to be safe:
Old 2007-10-20, 07:38   Link #1496
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

When a servant is summoned, it's actually the copy of the original that's sent out, when they're done with their job they simply disappear. However, because Saber is not a heroic spirit before she becomes a servant, her actual spirit is sent out all the time, so she gets to keep the memories. Same/similar case goes for Archer.
Old 2007-10-20, 08:44   Link #1497
serialies

Quote:
When a servant is summoned, it's actually the copy of the original that's sent out, when they're done with their job they simply disappear. However, because Saber is not a heroic spirit before she becomes a servant, her actual spirit is sent out all the time, so she gets to keep the memories. Same/similar case goes for Archer.
what about true assassin(s) and their collective memory...
Old 2007-10-20, 10:52   Link #1498
Archer

Quote:
Slightly off.

Archer's a regular heroic spirit, so it's his copy that's being sent out. When the job is done, all of the Heroic Spirits get a record of what their copies did. Note that this is only a record, and not an actual memory, so they never really experienced anything.

But you are correct on Saber's case.

As for Saber and Kiritsugu:

According to Saber, she did not want to mention the fact that:

1) She's an exception to Heroic Spirits
2) She didn't want to tell Shirou how Kiritsugu was like

Additionally, she was able to recall Illya.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 12:20   Link #1499
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

As usual, Archer to save the day! :kisses Archer: (how many times have I kissed Archer already? he's just so realiable!)

Last edited by iamandragon; 2008-03-04 at 22:31.
Old 2007-10-20, 23:56   Link #1500
serialies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Slightly off.

Archer's a regular heroic spirit, so it's his copy that's being sent out. When the job is done, all of the Heroic Spirits get a record of what their copies did. Note that this is only a record, and not an actual memory, so they never really experienced anything.
hmm...thought archer was a counter guardian *scratch head* o well...ur him so i better take your word for it Xp