AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 87 83.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 9.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 1.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-30, 08:03   Link #41
Forever
Revealing the truth

Perhaps i was over-hyped, but I was kinda expecting more. Still it is an episode that deserves a 10.

And the manga clocktower does look much nicer than the anime when it is fully coloured. Well it was still beautiful. Too bad hina didnt give a peck on the cheek at least.
Old 2009-06-30, 08:10   Link #42
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
...while Hinagiku starts to feel like a one-trick pony.
O_o?

I'd say she's arguably the most complex and diverse character in the show. What are you referring to?
Old 2009-06-30, 11:07   Link #43
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Holy. Is that Hina sparkling I'm seeing?

The manga was great, but VAs made this episode over the top. Can't say the same about the BGM tbh.

Old 2009-06-30, 12:03   Link #44
Keio
Serious Business

J.C. Staff is on a roll with HnG's new season (now if Shana's third season would be similar) and personally I like it better when the characters are being fleshed out. I'm not bashing season one but I've always been interested in how things will develop for the entire cast instead of comic routines every week.

Hina and Maria were at the same level for me until this episode, then Hina took a massive lead. I always get a warm, fuzzy feeling in my heart whenever someone finally admits to themselves that they love another person and you know that the feeling is true. Hayate's one lucky bastard.

Poor clock. I would take Hina's abuse anytime.

10/10
Old 2009-06-30, 16:18   Link #45
Caliburn9P
Waiting

someone pleasee tell me hinagiku and hayate end up together D:
Old 2009-06-30, 16:25   Link #46
Mentar
Banned

We don't know. Nobody knows but the mangaka.

However, judging by the latest manga chapters, Hina has at least a decent shot. Which is definitely much more than I ever expected her to get.
Old 2009-06-30, 18:14   Link #47
christinemarie
Crazy One

Hina would take away Hayate too bad for Ayumu.
The only way for Nagi to steal Hayate if there is a time-skip of 2-3years.
Old 2009-06-30, 19:38   Link #48
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wow, what an episode. I regretted giving it a 9 (from habit of not giving 10's) immediately after I clicked the submit button. This arc made me like Hina much more than from first season of HnG, and I'm grateful for JC Staff for this. Though I am a bit sad that Hina's arc is over.

I think Hina has a good, if not the best, shot in becoming a couple with Hayate (should Hayate get a girlfriend), because I refuse to believe Hayate will ever fall in romantic relationship with Nagi, and I think Ayumu is too much of a minor character end up with Hayate, though I don't follow the manga so I don't know how much screen time Ayumu has been getting.
Old 2009-06-30, 20:08   Link #49
dark-kyon

good episode,hina did a very good act.hayate did very good too,only sad is the time to wait to hina confess to hayate.(ep 128).
i gonna to make a defence to hayate,some people began to put down for"clueless,dumb etc" how not notice what hina feel something for he,etc.to me hayate is a very good character.the fault is in the part of the girl except ayumu for not be direct knowing how is hayate.
well also waiting for ayumu in next ep.
Old 2009-07-01, 11:48   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Whaaa...in a fit of idiocy I managed to post ep 12's thoughts into this thread -___-

Ahh well, and with that I think I have a new favourite episode for this series. Hina finally realising her feelings is that of love is a joy to watch but having her wanting to kill Hayate and the clock beforehand was equally as enjoyable. Though it's still hard to think that this series would get a final pairing closure, it certainly seems a bit more likely now.

HAHA XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-07-01, 13:42   Link #51
dark-kyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post

I refuse to believe Hayate will ever fall in romantic relationship with Nagi, and I think Ayumu is too much of a minor character end up with Hayate, though I don't follow the manga so I don't know how much screen time Ayumu has been getting.
?hina is a starring?
i believe what the opening of anime say much.
hayate and nagi starring.
maria,hina and ayumu are support character in same level.
to me if hina,maria,ayumu not do something drastic,hayate never left to nagi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post

I think Hina has a good, if not the best, shot in becoming a couple with Hayate (should Hayate get a girlfriend)
to me maria have more chances for what living together.
Old 2009-07-01, 13:43   Link #52
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this episode !

Yeah , this episode made me go for Hayate x Hina more than Hayate x Ayumu and Hayate x Maria !

So Hina was adopted . Her real parents let her a debt of 80 000 000 yens .
Seems similar than Hayate .
Lool her sister who run away and escape the bullets .
Maybe their parents knows Hayate's parents and they planned the same thing and dissappeared together

Next episode : Yeah , action is coming , New arc is coming .
Old 2009-07-01, 14:22   Link #53
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-kyon View Post
And where would they go? I can't really see them staying with Nagi if they were to get together and they both have no where else to go. I like Maria, but I rly can't see the Hayate x Maria pairing happening as long as Nagi still has the hots for him and doesn't give her "ok".

Quote:
?hina is a starring?
i believe what the opening of anime say much.
hayate and nagi starring.
maria,hina and ayumu are support character in same level.
to me if hina,maria,ayumu not do something drastic,hayate never left to nagi.
I would have agreed with you if we were talking about the first anime season. But in both the second season and in the manga, Hina, Maria and Ayumu seem to have worked their way up to main character status imho. One could almost say that Hina and Ayumu have gotten more character development than Nagi.
Old 2009-07-01, 14:35   Link #54
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Nagi is lucky because Hayate have to pay the debt . But if not he'll probably leave her and find his way . Well , he will always remember her as a friend not more . She's a gene for the other pairing .
Old 2009-07-01, 17:20   Link #55
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
One could almost say that Hina and Ayumu have gotten more character development than Nagi.
no no...you are correct, the manga has waaaaay more Ayumu/Hina/Maria focus than Nagi
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-07-01, 18:37   Link #56
dark-kyon

Quote:
And where would they go? I can't really see them staying with Nagi if they were to get together and they both have no where else to go. I like Maria, but I rly can't see the Hayate x Maria pairing happening as long as Nagi still has the hots for him and doesn't give her "ok".
for that i tell what maria need do something drastic,ej.run away whit hayate.nagi have advantage over the other girls to gain the love of hayate not now but with the past of the time be different.for that is now the chance of the other girl while hayate see a nagi how a child and not how a woman.

Quote:
I would have agreed with you if we were talking about the first anime season. But in both the second season and in the manga, Hina, Maria and Ayumu seem to have worked their way up to main character status imho. One could almost say that Hina and Ayumu have gotten more character development than Nagi.
if you have reason then the second opening must arrange that.
Old 2009-07-01, 18:55   Link #57
Serffix

Quote:
if you have reason then the second opening must arrange that.
Which it did, with giving Hina/Maria/Ayumu separate scenes. Also, one can't always depend on an opening or ending from an anime to say who the main characters are. So claiming that character x is not a main character just because he or she doesn't appear a lot in the OP is not really a 100% valid reason.
Old 2009-07-02, 03:00   Link #58
9taileddemon

Great episode. Really enjoyed it. I thought the skyline was done better in the manga but oh well, small criticism. Also I think the conversation between Hina and Hayate was better in the anime then the manga so that was nice.

Though while I was watching it I couldn't help imagine the series as a visual novel. I mean Hina's entire backstory really sounds like something from a dating sim/visual novel. (Not that that is a bad thing, just something I noticed.)

Someone really should make a Hayate dating sim. It could be great.

Old 2009-07-02, 21:49   Link #59
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

The 'camera' angles probably didn't help, 9taleddemon. Everything was very straight-on instead of at an angle as opposed to the manga [which is why I think the manga did better], except the character was to the side [lolruleofthirds].

Did anyone find it weird that Hinagiku stopped her sword at Hayate's head, dropped it, and was somehow the length of a person away from Hayate? Good QC, JCStaff.

Otherwise, lovely Hinagiku episode. I liked the additions to Hayate's speech and the ending as well.
Old 2009-07-03, 21:29   Link #60
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

So the outcome for the Hinagiku's Birthday arc are:

Spoiler:
Closed Thread