AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 1 2.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 11.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 4.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-30, 07:58   Link #21
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Lulz @ 4tran.....
busy fellow he beh....

as for the episode.............
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-30, 08:57   Link #22
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Teasing? This whole love triangle has played a huge role in that. The romantic development had to be split between two possible couples. All is not lost though, and all I'm going to say is to keep watching on... Well, we'll see.
But the love triangle has been long gone..now I don't know why Welkin is still holding back...well one positive I can take is we are getting closer and closer to the confession

That aside, the drawing of Alicia is still decent..but Welkin's look seems to be off a bit in this episode...well all I care is Alicia anyway
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-08-30, 10:34   Link #23
kujoe
from head to heel

"Long" gone? I wouldn't consider a few episodes being that "long".

But my point is, it's a major part of this anime and it's serve its purpose. This is also in relation to how I compare this to the potential significance of this new development between Selvaria and Alicia.
Old 2009-08-30, 15:36   Link #24
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh bloody hell, what an emo-fest this is turning out to be to put it bluntly.

Someone really needs to shoot that fat ass already as I am sick of seeing his ugly face. What an idiot of a commander.

And I had more faith in Alicia's so called friends but it seems like they are all idiots as well for treating Alicia like some monster now that they know she is a valkyria. What she needs now is support not shunt, those idiots >.>

Needs more Selvaria love too. She is getting a really short stick and enough love...or screen time. But I have to say the flashback was a nice touch. Yea...so chibi Selvaria knew chibi Alicia and now they are trying to kill each other. FFFFFFFFFFF!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2009-08-30 at 20:58. Reason: serious typo issues >.>
Old 2009-08-30, 16:36   Link #25
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Oh bloody hell, what an emo-fest this is turning out to be to put it bluntly.

Someone really needs to shoot that fat ass already as I am sick of seeing his ugly fact. What and idiot of a commander.
I wish in fact Welkin would grow some cojones and have a chat with Mr. Fatso in the middle of the night after roughly waking up the fat @$$. Maybe he can ask for one Zaka's knives to have more bargaining power in the discussion... one sound, one scream, and I wouldn't hesitate (that reminds me of that scene in Passchendaele).

Also, I agree with you: the other members of Squad 7 have to do better than that in supporting Alicia because I felt the whole situation was a let-down.
Old 2009-08-30, 17:20   Link #26
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

The squad 7 members not sticking with Alicia was disappointing. You'd expect they'd react differently considering how the rest of the shows has portrayed their interactions with her.
But then again it'll allow for some more wonderful emo-fest later on which is certainly a good thing in a show portraying adult soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I wish in fact Welkin would grow some cojones and have a chat with Mr. Fatso in the middle of the night after roughly waking up the fat @$$. Maybe he can ask for one Zaka's knives to have more bargaining power in the discussion... one sound, one scream, and I wouldn't hesitate (that reminds me of that scene in Passchendaele).
Welkin wouldn't do that. He might be an oddball, but he acts within military rules. One of his genius traits actually comes from being able to come out on top of any ridiculous situation the incompetent higher-ups put him in, without actually going against those higher-ups.
Old 2009-08-30, 18:55   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
The squad 7 members not sticking with Alicia was disappointing. You'd expect they'd react differently considering how the rest of the shows has portrayed their interactions with her.
This is probably something the script writers didn't take into consideration, because personally i find it pretty disgusting how the squad 7 members can just turn their backs so easily like that against Alicia, especially how much some of them have interacted with her in the past (like Susie and Edy). Very disappointing.
Old 2009-08-30, 22:40   Link #28
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Disregarding continuity.....

Do these guys know how to write a script?
Old 2009-08-30, 22:48   Link #29
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Disregarding continuity.....

Do these guys know how to write a script?
What I do not understand, is why they keep on adding what seems to be totally unnecessary content. First was the drastic change of characters, fine. Second came the love triangle, fine. Then at the last moment, we get a flashback and now this. Why?

The question is no longer "do they know how to write a script", rather, I think the question is "what are their goals?" or "do they even have a goal?"

Frankly, I don't know what the crew is trying to accomplish here.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-08-30 at 22:59.
Old 2009-08-30, 22:52   Link #30
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I think the crew themselves are having a punch-card mentality in this production.
Old 2009-08-30, 23:59   Link #31
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This is probably something the script writers didn't take into consideration, because personally i find it pretty disgusting how the squad 7 members can just turn their backs so easily like that against Alicia, especially how much some of them have interacted with her in the past (like Susie and Edy). Very disappointing.
It's not too hard to understand though.
If someday after you suddenly find your friend is an uncontrollable WMD which can go off at anytime, it must take some time to overcome such fear. It'll be nice if they can accept her on spot, but their doubts aren't really that surprising.

Besides, not the whole squadis rejecting her......Though numbers aren't a significant factor in this matter.
Old 2009-08-31, 00:36   Link #32
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I think the problem is not that they do not want to give her backup but moreover that they do not know how to react that it came out that she is a valkyria. The only one who is seing Alicia as Alicia is Welkin. Even Alicia does not see herself who she is.

One thing in the series. I know the regulars are since the beginning of the series but this is the first time that I recognize their unit sign is a D E (rotated) (german abbreviation for Deutschland).
Old 2009-08-31, 13:17   Link #33
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
One thing in the series. I know the regulars are since the beginning of the series but this is the first time that I recognize their unit sign is a D E (rotated) (german abbreviation for Deutschland).
Really? I think I missed that o.0 where is it?
Old 2009-08-31, 13:38   Link #34
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
Really? I think I missed that o.0 where is it?
The units signum is on the left shoulder of the officers.
Old 2009-08-31, 16:49   Link #35
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Someone really needs to shoot that fat ass already as I am sick of seeing his ugly face. What an idiot of a commander.
He will get what's coming to him pretty soon, that's all l'll say on the matter.
Old 2009-08-31, 17:01   Link #36
kraken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
He will get what's coming to him pretty soon, that's all l'll say on the matter.
I don't understand why the anime show so much an ininteresting, idiot and minor character as Damon
Old 2009-08-31, 18:17   Link #37
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
I don't understand why the anime show so much an ininteresting, idiot and minor character as Damon
Damon is there to show the viewers that in war you will find fools who only do things for their best interestest in mind before others on both sides....
to show that not everyone who is fighting for good....is really a good guy... and those who are considered villains are not all bad people ( Jaeger comes into mind)
Old 2009-08-31, 19:21   Link #38
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Damon is there to show the viewers that in war you will find fools who only do things for their best interestest in mind before others on both sides....
to show that not everyone who is fighting for good....is really a good guy... and those who are considered villains are not all bad people ( Jaeger comes into mind)
QFT.

In war, no one is free of sin, and no side can ever be "the good guys". Even Jaeger is fighting for some pretty selfish reasons.

Damon, sure, he's a pompous jackass who'd throw another man in front of a tank just to save his skin. But no one can really say he's disloyal to Gallia.

Looking at this war in just black-and-white won't let you see very much.
Old 2009-09-01, 00:19   Link #39
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
QFT.

In war, no one is free of sin, and no side can ever be "the good guys". Even Jaeger is fighting for some pretty selfish reasons.

Damon, sure, he's a pompous jackass who'd throw another man in front of a tank just to save his skin. But no one can really say he's disloyal to Gallia.

Looking at this war in just black-and-white won't let you see very much.
Sorry but Jäger is fighting for the sake of his country not for his own profit. This was explained a few times when he had his chats with Maximilian and especially in the episode where the Feds kidnapped Cordelia.

The point with Damon is somehow tricky. With him you have a higher ranked officer and a career wh0re. He is one who does not care how his underlings do their job or how much resources you throw into a battle. The win only counts. Such superiors are really arseholes but yeah. They were not uncommon in WWI and WWII.

Last edited by Father Hentai; 2009-09-01 at 02:56.
Old 2009-09-01, 05:16   Link #40
Belum_nabum
Banned

Unhappy I am sad!

I only have tears flowing out. I will leave at that until subs come out! Alicia.....I SYMPATHIZE WITH YOU! We all have feelings and I have mines developed enough to not be able to stop TT_TT at the following scenes:

BTW
Spoiler:
Closed Thread