AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 31 49.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-10, 11:19   Link #41
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
This is being dragged out too long. At this rate they're never going to finish even the heroines shown in the PV, much less get to the more interesting parts of the series...

I did like the Black Jack reference, though, with a bit of an Astro Boy reference thrown in as well (Shiori's imagined father). It's only the parts like this that capture the feeling of the original manga...
The 'dragging' part was already realized episode 6~7 and indicated by Sora Asuka's slowpoke episode. (just saying)

Who knows what they'll do for next season? It's not like pacing and the way episodes are arranged can't be changed.

About the feeling of the source material, up to you. I for one appreciate the anime's own kind of feeling it gives.
Old 2010-12-10, 11:50   Link #42
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Ok I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought of this but I'm at least 80% sure that the library committee head sounds exactly like Nonaka Ai. That lisp is so distinctive.
That is Nonaka Ai, and one of the characters from the flashback was as well.
Old 2010-12-10, 19:00   Link #43
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I have only one thing to say about this episode : Books aren't THAT great
Old 2010-12-10, 20:02   Link #44
Traece
:cool:

I found it somewhat shocking that there was a Blackjack reference. The shocking part, more specifically, is that I knew what was being referenced.

Although this may be the slowest "capture" it definitely is the most interesting one. What it lacks in action it makes up for in comedy. The uniqueness of the target really makes it interesting. I'm excited about the conclusion.

Er, but I don't want it to end!
Old 2010-12-10, 21:09   Link #45
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I have only one thing to say about this episode : Books aren't THAT great
Old 2010-12-10, 23:57   Link #46
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Why? Her story can easily be finished with episode 11, leaving two episodes left for something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't want the final episode to be something like that cake episode is all. And I didn't know it was 13 episodes.
For whatever it's worth, Episode 12 will be the season finale. (6 BDs/DVDs x 2 episodes each + TV channel listings are starting to come out) And yes, I suspect next episode will be the end of this arc (but that's just my speculation based on the pacing).
Old 2010-12-11, 00:21   Link #47
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
For whatever it's worth, Episode 12 will be the season finale. (6 BDs/DVDs x 2 episodes each + TV channel listings are starting to come out) And yes, I suspect next episode will be the end of this arc (but that's just my speculation based on the pacing).
Without going into much detail, there has been a leak of episode titles (from the same source that got the titles for 7 and 8 in week 5), that would confirm a particular "filler" chapter (already "skipped" earlier in the season) for 12. Plus the title in the next ep preview is the same as the last chapter of Shiori's arc.
Old 2010-12-11, 01:48   Link #48
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have been listening to that video of Shiori at least once every two hours since yesterday. Someone please kill me.

The Voice Inside.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2010-12-11 at 02:37.
Old 2010-12-11, 07:09   Link #49
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well I do like this arc, and since I've again not read the manga I don't really mind the '' dragging '' .. She's also rather cute, but the part where she was saying '' Books are Love, Books are Life, Books are Joy, Books are ... '' Well you get the idea... It was really getting on my nerves, I just wished she would stfu already x.x
Old 2010-12-11, 12:38   Link #50
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
This is being dragged out too long. At this rate they're never going to finish even the heroines shown in the PV, much less get to the more interesting parts of the series...

I did like the Black Jack reference, though, with a bit of an Astro Boy reference thrown in as well (Shiori's imagined father). It's only the parts like this that capture the feeling of the original manga...
Shiori is the last girl in the opening.

I'm more concerned that we are clearly not going to get to the arc that demonstrates there is more to this series then just a string of moe girls.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-12-11, 15:29   Link #51
kitten320

The series really will have only 12 episodes? Because I still don't see any confirmation for that.
Old 2010-12-11, 19:11   Link #52
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
The series really will have only 12 episodes? Because I still don't see any confirmation for that.
This is a little confusing since the schedule shows there being an episode 13. Perhaps the final volume will have three episodes instead of two.
Old 2010-12-11, 21:57   Link #53
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
This season will only have 12 episodes. The title for #12 should be enough to convince any manga readers, but we'll know for sure when the listings for that week come out, which should be right around the time #11 airs, if it's anything like American listings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
This is a little confusing since the schedule shows there being an episode 13. Perhaps the final volume will have three episodes instead of two.
Cal.syoboi.jp is very useful, but it's not official. The webmaster of that site is as reliant on rumor and speculation as anyone at the beginning of a series' run, but a lot of the airing information isn't revealed until pretty close to the individual episodes' release.
Old 2010-12-13, 19:38   Link #54
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

There is a possibility of a season 2 (but with the ratings, it will probably be a hard way to guess) a season 2 came to mind on the amount of chapters the manga has, so not adapting that much will just be a crucial mistake.
Old 2010-12-13, 21:52   Link #55
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
There is a possibility of a season 2 (but with the ratings, it will probably be a hard way to guess) a season 2 came to mind on the amount of chapters the manga has, so not adapting that much will just be a crucial mistake.
A second season has already been confirmed. It starts in April, presumably no matter how badly season one has fared. The only questions are 1) how many episodes it will have and 2) whether there will be a season 3. Considering how pretty much everything after Shiori is much better than what came before it, my guess is that the more there is of 1), the more likely there will be a 2)...

...Unless they continue to miss the point as they have.
Old 2010-12-14, 02:35   Link #56
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
A second season has already been confirmed. It starts in April, presumably no matter how badly season one has fared. The only questions are 1) how many episodes it will have and 2) whether there will be a season 3. Considering how pretty much everything after Shiori is much better than what came before it, my guess is that the more there is of 1), the more likely there will be a 2)...
Assuming that second season comes to pass (which I think is quite likely, but there's always a possibility of cancellation with those sorts of things; it was never announced on the official website), this will be more of a "split-cour" show than an actual "second season", which means that the second half will be another 12 episodes (on 6 BDs/DVDs) just like the first. In other words, it's a 24-episode show with a 1-cour break in the middle for production reasons (namely to give them more time to get their work done).

Anyway, as always, time will tell.
Old 2010-12-14, 02:49   Link #57
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Assuming that second season comes to pass (which I think is quite likely, but there's always a possibility of cancellation with those sorts of things; it was never announced on the official website), this will be more of a "split-cour" show than an actual "second season", which means that the second half will be another 12 episodes (on 6 BDs/DVDs) just like the first. In other words, it's a 24-episode show with a 1-cour break in the middle for production reasons (namely to give them more time to get their work done).

Anyway, as always, time will tell.
Well, I can tell you right now that there's no way they can get the five remaining heroines from the PV into an additional 12 episodes without screwing the pooch in a way that would make this season look like Haruhi 2006 by comparison. If they weren't basing that PV on airing two cours more (either as an elongated season 2 or by including a season 3), you can just lock the doors and turn out the lights on TWGOK as an anime franchise, and hope against hope for a Kanon-esque remake by KyoAni some years down the road. Hopefully any failure won't translate to the manga...
Old 2010-12-14, 22:35   Link #58
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

First off, a general comment about Shiori - I find it very strange that she isn't wearing glasses. Usually, bookworm type girls are wearing glasses, just take Yuki from Haruhi as the most noteable example.

Something I didn't like about this episode was that Keima was once again purposefully trying to make the girl mad
Then I saw the girl in the galge Keima was playing on his PC-FX Portable:

Now it became clear to me: Shiori can't stand up to cute Vermouth-chan and her twintails. Keima was angry because Shiori wasn't wearing twintails, and thus didn't treat her that nicely. Yes, that must be it!

Keima's reaction towards Elsie was quite arrogant:

One should think he would be more appreciative of her by now, but he's got still the same cold attitude

Shiori flying through the library as a little fairy was nicely done:

We also got some infos about Shiori in that scar-y side story, which gave us the most freaky Keima saying so far. Reading her inner monologue through her liver!?

Finally, another nice game screen at the end. Anyone got it without that text window?

All in all a nice episode, but -1 for Keima being an ass and -1 for Shiori not wearing twintails like Vermouth-chan, so 8/10
Old 2010-12-14, 23:44   Link #59
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
It all makes sense now. Keima knows Tsundere are the easiest girls to conquer, so he deliberately plans to make every real girl Tsundere for him.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-12-15, 02:40   Link #60
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
First off, a general comment about Shiori - I find it very strange that she isn't wearing glasses. Usually, bookworm type girls are wearing glasses, just take Yuki from Haruhi as the most noteable example.

Something I didn't like about this episode was that Keima was once again purposefully trying to make the girl mad
Then I saw the girl in the galge Keima was playing on his PC-FX Portable:

Now it became clear to me: Shiori can't stand up to cute Vermouth-chan and her twintails. Keima was angry because Shiori wasn't wearing twintails, and thus didn't treat her that nicely. Yes, that must be it!

Keima's reaction towards Elsie was quite arrogant:

One should think he would be more appreciative of her by now, but he's got still the same cold attitude

Shiori flying through the library as a little fairy was nicely done:

We also got some infos about Shiori in that scar-y side story, which gave us the most freaky Keima saying so far. Reading her inner monologue through her liver!?

Finally, another nice game screen at the end. Anyone got it without that text window?

All in all a nice episode, but -1 for Keima being an ass and -1 for Shiori not wearing twintails like Vermouth-chan, so 8/10
Keima being an ass is always a plus. It's the best thing about the series.