AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-05-19, 17:17   Link #8141
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
What are you talking about? Those spare clothes has neither her scent nor her warmth.
Listen to this man, for he is a master.
Old 2011-05-24, 01:50   Link #8142
Used Can

Double post because I'm this much of a fag.

Anyway, the latest chapter was rather good:
Spoiler for 321:
Old 2011-05-24, 18:52   Link #8143
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Wow, you posted those quite early, UC.

We just started speculating a little while ago over the cause of her fainting. From a first glance it kind looks like a heart attack, or something similar, but if you take a closer look you'll notice that she's actually holding the right side of her chest. I say that it's exhaustion. Well, I hope that it's only that...

It would be really horrible if it wasn't. I mean... having that humongous debt, being abandoned by her parents, betrayed by everyone, not being able to attend school, or have a normal life because of her work, and on top of that have some heart disease?

That would be worse off than Hayate.
Old 2011-05-24, 18:56   Link #8144
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler for 321:
Spoiler for 321:

Anyways, great cliffhanger.
Old 2011-05-25, 03:19   Link #8145
Mentar
Banned

Spoiler for c321:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 04:25   Link #8146
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Spoiler for c321:
Hahaha... Oh wow. I hadn't seen it that way. Which is funny, because it ought to have been rather obvious.

To be honest, I really believe a defeat would be good character development for Nagi. Even though she's been putting a serious effort on this manga, she really pales in comparison to all of what Luca has had to do. Learning that just because you put some effort doesn't mean you'll achieve a particular goal (or, at least, not immediately) would be a good lesson - especially for her, who will probably enter the business world, one day.

But, anyway, I just remembered Yozora Hōsen. I wonder what happened to her. It's been quite a while since the last time we saw her, and she seems to be involved in the story's "plot" this time around.
Old 2011-05-25, 04:36   Link #8147
Shadow5YA

I really think she was just overworked and exhausted. She's working to make ends meet while forcing herself to put time in to her hobby. Luca missed meeting Nagi several times because of how busy she was. I don't think she has that much free time.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 05:16   Link #8148
Rah

@Mentar / Shadow

Yeah, I thought of the same thing and posted about it over on MT, where we also discuss this, albeit not so much in number as here.

Anyways, Mentar, you pointed at an interesting fact.

Hina: debt, abandoned by parents - check
Hayate: debt, abandoned by parents - check
Luca: debt, abandoned by parents - check

This isn't a coincidence, is it? Although Hina isn't nearly as miserable as the other two, she still went through a lot in the past.

Hmm... maybe Luca got overwhelmed by all the misery and bad luck that was accumulated in her room when those two came by? Ahahahaha...

Btw, guys, this is the spoiler thread. By that definition it's already a spoiler if you read anything posted here, so why are you using spoiler tags?

Wait, never mind. I did the same thing yesterday on MF.

<____<
Old 2011-05-25, 06:46   Link #8149
AnimeFangirl

It's not a heart attack, it's probably an ulcer.
Old 2011-05-25, 09:37   Link #8150
GlassesLady
dat apple

Either that or Hata forgot which side of the chest the heart is on (well, technically it's in the middle, but it sort of leans to one side).

I feel tempted to go back through this thread and count how many theories there are about what leads up to that flashforward. There must be like twenty now.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 12:14   Link #8151
AnimeFangirl

What is the flashforward? Can someone remind me?
Old 2011-05-25, 13:00   Link #8152
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
What is the flashforward? Can someone remind me?
Nagi running in the stairs of a high rise while shouting "Luca no baka". Or something like that, at the very beginning of this whole greater arc (just after the conclusion of the Golden Week arc).

EDIT: found it, it's the first color page of chapter 268. Date is Sunday June 12th, place is on the top of Sunshine Go in Ikebukuro.

Last edited by JMvS; 2011-05-25 at 19:44. Reason: details
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 14:21   Link #8153
AnimeFangirl

...that's it?
Old 2011-05-25, 19:14   Link #8154
Rah

Hmm... maybe Luca died? Maybe that's why Nagi is mad, or more like sad, disappointed, all sorts of mixed feelings? They promised that they would become rivals, but she died at the last moment. Mhmm.... it's possible.

We'll know if this theory is any sound after we find out if she only fainted, or if she has some sort of illness.
Old 2011-05-25, 19:25   Link #8155
madmac

Quote:
...that's it?
There's a bit more to it then that, (The last line is roughly "The little lady screams...and roars") but keep in mind Hata drew it way back when Golden Week had just ended. We didn't know who Luca was, what building Nagi was running up, or anything about her moving into a new mansion or trying to become a doujinshi artist, ect ect...It was a lot more interesting a year and a half ago then it is now, though we still don't know what exactly gets Nagi so upset/determined.

As for the actual chapter...

I really doubt Luca is going to actually die, but I could see her suddenly falling into poor health at a bad time. She's been pushing herself through injuries, poor nutrition, overwork, stress and who knows what else for a long time now.

Honestly I kind of suspect this is a prelude of Luca being forced to move in with Nagi "for her own good" more then anything else.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 20:03   Link #8156
AnimeFangirl

Also a prelude to the whole stupid cross-dressing thing being stretched out even further because "she's too fragile to handle the truth right now."
Old 2011-05-25, 20:16   Link #8157
Rah

@mad

That would be awesome. I want to see them living together. xDD

@Dor

Naw, that's cool. It's just Hayate being himself. He's being overly polite, always assuming for the worst, etc...

But there's one thing that does bother me. He's not suffering anymore while cross dressing. Maybe he's gotten used to it?

That's no fun!

D:
Old 2011-05-25, 21:05   Link #8158
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Hmm... maybe Luca died? Maybe that's why Nagi is mad, or more like sad, disappointed, all sorts of mixed feelings? They promised that they would become rivals, but she died at the last moment. Mhmm.... it's possible.
This is HnG, so I highly doubt anything like that would happen.
Also, if something similar to that were to happen, I'm sure Hayate would have a reaction. He's much closer to Luca than Nagi is.
Old 2011-05-25, 21:30   Link #8159
Rah

You forgot to consider that maybe she died a while before the competition, and Hayate just couldn't break the news to her, not to discourage her from finishing her manga, etc...

Hey, it's a possibility. She did faint in this chapter. We won't know what's wrong with her until *maybe* next week.

I know that it would be a bad comparison, but you could try and compare it to One Piece. Nobody dies in One Piece, right? Then suddenly, bam! People dying left and right. Lolz...

We'll see... I just hope that I'm wrong.

>___<
Old 2011-05-25, 21:34   Link #8160
GDB

One person has died in this manga. Before it started. They won't even kill off the freaking robot or wild animal "antagonists of the week".
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen