AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-10, 18:21   Link #21081
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
the problem is that im running out of space again :P i dont even know whether i will collect them that much in the future or not. i dont really collect them anyway, i just build them for the fun of it^^
haha, that's how it all started, at first i just love model kit especially robot. i just love to put them together, back in the day, these model kits are just toy. but all the sudden i came across RX-78. i fell in love with the Gundam design long before i start watching anime itself. and Bandai just impress me so much even in the early 90's. so i really started collecting it as a collection ever since. but since i move to US, all my collection back in HK is pretty much gone, i did ship most of my Gundam over, but ended up got destroyed........ by my cousin.
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 20:56   Link #21082
skyboy928

i finally finish taking out all the boxes out, and about to cut them up......... this is quite sad.......

and here is what they look like in my room right now.

Old 2011-07-11, 02:38   Link #21083
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
i finally finish taking out all the boxes out, and about to cut them up......... this is quite sad.......

and here is what they look like in my room right now.

all i can say is ...... wow
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 02:45   Link #21084
Appel

that is VERY impressive^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 02:59   Link #21085
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Does anyone know what it says under the prototype colored AGE Gundam? What type of figure will it be?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Lj2Iyd6tXM...h8/s1600/8.jpg
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 03:38   Link #21086
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Does anyone know what it says under the prototype colored AGE Gundam? What type of figure will it be?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Lj2Iyd6tXM...h8/s1600/8.jpg
the only thing i can make out is that it will probably be 10cm tall. which is enough to make me not care about it at all^^
Old 2011-07-11, 06:01   Link #21087
Akyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
all i can say is ...... wow
That looks like dalong's room...lol

Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 06:05   Link #21088
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra View Post

i think dalong's room is even more impressive^^ that dude has EVERYTHING. even all the special releases that no one wanted, like the "phase shift off" versions from gundam seed XD

speaking of dalong, he has the runner preview of the zoid online that i ordered....
http://dalong.net/review/kotobukiya/...z26_runner.jpg
holy smokes, what have i gotten myself into XD thats a lot of parts! most runners are pretty small but still, its 40 in total counting the poly caps :P

Last edited by Appel; 2011-07-11 at 06:40.
Old 2011-07-11, 11:15   Link #21089
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
speaking of dalong, he has the runner preview of the zoid online that i ordered....
http://dalong.net/review/kotobukiya/...z26_runner.jpg
holy smokes, what have i gotten myself into XD thats a lot of parts! most runners are pretty small but still, its 40 in total counting the poly caps :P
It's not that bad.
Old 2011-07-11, 11:23   Link #21090
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
It's not that bad.
i think its just the number of parts that got me :P its not that many pieces. and its definitely not as bad as the ikaruga because it doesnt seem to have that many tiny parts...

edit: ah crap... i just took a look through the manual on dalongs site, im going to need glue at least 3 times >_> whats the point in having a snap fit model kit if you need glue anyway? :P

Last edited by Appel; 2011-07-11 at 12:53.
Old 2011-07-11, 22:35   Link #21091
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
the only thing i can make out is that it will probably be 10cm tall. which is enough to make me not care about it at all^^
Congratulations, that doesn't help me.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 00:41   Link #21092
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Congratulations, that doesn't help me.
sorry, i dont speak japanese and that was the only thing i was able to make out...

im starting to have a small problem with ordering models... my zoid just arrived (at friggin 7 AM no less >_>) and again i had to pay the full 19% taxes, 17€.
this is starting to annoy me, i didnt have to pay that much before. for the exia ignition mode (which cost me about the same) i had to pay 7€.
if this continues i might as well use fedex again, they are faster and only slightly more expensive in total :P
Old 2011-07-12, 07:39   Link #21093
skyboy928

Quote:
sorry, i dont speak japanese and that was the only thing i was able to make out...

im starting to have a small problem with ordering models... my zoid just arrived (at friggin 7 AM no less >_>) and again i had to pay the full 19% taxes, 17€.
this is starting to annoy me, i didnt have to pay that much before. for the exia ignition mode (which cost me about the same) i had to pay 7€.
if this continues i might as well use fedex again, they are faster and only slightly more expensive in total :P
ouch, 19% that's too much. maybe you should check from the place that you buy the kit, some company change the shipping method, some company selling it cheaper and they don't pay for the tax and duty. while some will take care everything for you but selling it at a bit higher price.
Old 2011-07-12, 07:47   Link #21094
skyboy928

Quote:

my collection is so little compare to Dalong's room. however one thing i do want to get is those glass display.
Old 2011-07-12, 08:01   Link #21095
Akyra

Yeh, his glass shelves are really nice.

I have two Ikea bookshelves and i just use the top 3 shelves for Gundams. Then I cover them with cellophane. I am tempted to get a display shelf custom made, but I don't have the space to put it.

Dalong's collection puts even hobby shops to shame...
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 08:03   Link #21096
Appel

Quote:
ouch, 19% that's too much. maybe you should check from the place that you buy the kit, some company change the shipping method, some company selling it cheaper and they don't pay for the tax and duty. while some will take care everything for you but selling it at a bit higher price.
19% are normal here. you pay 19% on everything you buy here and customs taxes are the same.
i dont think its because HLJ changed anything, im sure the customs here simply changed something, im now getting completely different paperwork in my packages.

Quote:
my collection is so little compare to Dalong's room. however one thing i do want to get is those glass display.
oh yes ive seen those, they look amazing! :O
Old 2011-07-12, 08:44   Link #21097
skyboy928

Quote:
Yeh, his glass shelves are really nice.

I have two Ikea bookshelves and i just use the top 3 shelves for Gundams. Then I cover them with cellophane. I am tempted to get a display shelf custom made, but I don't have the space to put it.

Dalong's collection puts even hobby shops to shame...
Quote:

oh yes ive seen those, they look amazing! :O
i wonder how big is his house..... and is he writing review as a job or just hobbies....
after looking at his collection, i guess i wasn't the only one that keep on buying the same kit over and over again, lol. i think i have 5 RX-78, but they are not exactly the same kit. and Dalong have way more than 5, lol
Old 2011-07-12, 09:05   Link #21098
Appel

Quote:
i wonder how big is his house..... and is he writing review as a job or just hobbies....
after looking at his collection, i guess i wasn't the only one that keep on buying the same kit over and over again, lol. i think i have 5 RX-78, but they are not exactly the same kit. and Dalong have way more than 5, lol
he owns pretty much all variations that were made :P its really quite insane XD
Old 2011-07-12, 10:06   Link #21099
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Posting this little weekend project up only because it's a gem that many people seems to have miss out.

Seriously, the SD Wing EW is the best SD kit ever. You just have to see the comparsion with the old SD Wing Zero to see how far things had improved with age. At 800 Yen, it's quite a bargain.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 10:13   Link #21100
Butagami

Quote:
he owns pretty much all variations that were made :P its really quite insane XD
Yeah, I just checked the pics of his gallery, 0.0. He has like 6-9 of those huge glass cases, all filled with multiple layers of gunpla...
I envy the bastard....

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy