AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-20, 07:46   Link #641
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
FWIW, it's Pipirupirupirupipirupi

That sad thing is that I remembered this without having to look it up...
In your defense, I too experienced this without looking it up. What makes things worse is that I wasn't even a fan of the show.

I recall watching Dokuro-chan before the whole "girl punishes guy with her X!" gag got infuriatingly old. Back then it was more: "Ohoho~ She hit him and his head came off! It's funny! Ah, she did it for the hundredth time, it stopped being funny a long time ago. " Dokuro-chan in my eyes is one of those shows that really is more comedy and so it's just a matter of whether you find it funny or not. It's not like they're trying to rewrite the very foundations of good animation (MJP) or blow the quality bar out of the water as a new installment in a long-running franchise (Railgun S).

It's kind of like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, in my eyes. I think Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is possibly the funniest anime I've had the pleasure to watch. It's not really meant to be taken seriously at all, though. Dokuro-chan does have some plot and drama, but for the most part it's just silly nonsense from what I recall.

Incidentally, I love Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, but it's not really that popular, yeah? Although it does have, what, three seasons? Hm...
Old 2013-07-20, 14:14   Link #642
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I too loved Dokuro-chan. It's incredibly absurd and nonsensical, and that's exactly what I love about it.
Old 2013-07-20, 17:12   Link #643
Joyce_Steele
Banned

I think most people actually see this coming, especially from my avatar. I love Yosuga no Sora and it is sad to see how many people hating it. If the plot and characters didn't convince them there still many things to like from the production qualities, animation, music and voice-acting. With exceptions of KyoAni's, PA Work's and Sunrise's, only few anime today actually can rival its production qualities. In fact YnS was made by small and unpopular studio which something I can proud of.

By the way there aren't many shows like YnS which hero make an ultimate sacrifice to save his loved one.
Old 2013-07-21, 12:05   Link #644
RadiantSoul

I really love Burst Angel, but it didn't really live up to my expectations. I was expecting a bit more gun play and a bit better of a romance between Jo and Meg. I think the manga did a bit of a better job at both. Still, I have a soft spot for this series and I enjoy watching it again from time to time .
Old 2013-07-22, 10:08   Link #645
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
In your defense, I too experienced this without looking it up. What makes things worse is that I wasn't even a fan of the show.

I recall watching Dokuro-chan before the whole "girl punishes guy with her X!" gag got infuriatingly old. Back then it was more: "Ohoho~ She hit him and his head came off! It's funny! Ah, she did it for the hundredth time, it stopped being funny a long time ago. " Dokuro-chan in my eyes is one of those shows that really is more comedy and so it's just a matter of whether you find it funny or not. It's not like they're trying to rewrite the very foundations of good animation (MJP) or blow the quality bar out of the water as a new installment in a long-running franchise (Railgun S).

It's kind of like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, in my eyes. I think Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is possibly the funniest anime I've had the pleasure to watch. It's not really meant to be taken seriously at all, though. Dokuro-chan does have some plot and drama, but for the most part it's just silly nonsense from what I recall.
What makes Dokuro-chan work is that it has more than ONE running gag. There are just "WTFWASTHAT" visual and audible jokes all over the place...and a good deal of them are hysterical. Plus the abuse isn't limited to just a male character. EVERYONE gets screwed over at some point or another...and female characters are not spared humiliation whatsoever...which is rare in anime!
I would encourage anyone who enjoys South Park or Family Guy to check out Dokuro-chan.
Because if you're looking for an anime equivalent that does its darndest to offend EVERYONE, yeah, this is totally it. It's in the same category as Panty And Stocking...though slightly less sexual....
Old 2013-07-28, 07:14   Link #646
TheBear9696
GarytheOtaku

I don't know why but when I talk to people about Ai Ore they say they never heard of it and when i show them exactly what it is they instantly say something like that's a book for girls which i go to say shut up its manga and go away its manga
Old 2013-07-28, 07:23   Link #647
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBear9696 View Post
I don't know why but when I talk to people about Ai Ore they say they never heard of it and when i show them exactly what it is they instantly say something like that's a book for girls which i go to say shut up its manga and go away its manga
Sounds interesting. Almost like a love story between two transgenders, in a loose sense. I know some people who would probably take interest in that for personal reasons, but I'm definitely not one such individual. A bit out of my tastes.

Anyhow... I'm off to Yellowstone.
Old 2013-07-28, 07:37   Link #648
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

For me....it's Saki. I don't know why so many people don't like Saki.

It's a pretty nice anime to watch yet so many people dislike it.
Old 2013-07-29, 12:30   Link #649
SaturnShizue
Space Mugi

I thought Sword Art Online was a pretty nice anime. I really didn't pay attention to the other things in it that made people hate it so much, but that happens often to me.
Old 2013-07-30, 06:11   Link #650
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Personally my problem with Sword Art Online is that they cut out too much.

Even before reading the novels I could tell things were missing, I'd have liked if they did 2-cour for Aincrad maybe.
Old 2013-08-16, 01:08   Link #651
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, the only comic that I love but most anyone hate is a Manhwa name "Yureka".
Also, does Infinite Stratos counts? Most of my friends in Vietnam (beside mecha and harem-fans) think it's pathetic.
Old 2013-08-16, 02:13   Link #652
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Okay...I don't know why did the mods removed my other post about hating anime with fillers -_-

Anyway I'm gonna post again. I hate anime with huge ass fillers like Naruto, OP, Fairy Tail, Gintama, Bleach and what not(I don't know does Hitman Reborn have any fillers or not).

Except that this is the thread about liking or loving animes that other people don't seem to like or even hate.
Old 2013-08-16, 02:17   Link #653
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Except that this is the thread about liking or loving animes that other people don't seem to like or even hate.
My bad then. Thanks for the reminder. LOL
Old 2013-08-16, 03:45   Link #654
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Also, does Infinite Stratos counts? Most of my friends in Vietnam (beside mecha and harem-fans) think it's pathetic.
It sure does! Me, and a lot of other people, share your friends' assessment of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnShizue View Post
I thought Sword Art Online was a pretty nice anime. I really didn't pay attention to the other things in it that made people hate it so much, but that happens often to me.
I thought Sword Art Online was a lot of fun as well, but I'm not sure that's something everyone else hates. Seems to be more of a split; it was popular enough to get people hating, after all.
Old 2013-08-16, 13:51   Link #655
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

People think Highschool DxD is just some ecchi anime.

I always thought it was very good, has the best characters, strangely immersive, never
cheaps out of the premise it builds up, actually delivers.
But that could be just my warped taste in anime.
So, started watching the second season, was instantly hooked. More epic story, new best characters.
Still, could be just me...

But then, a post about DxD on Sankaku!
Post is mostly gifs of boobs bouncing. And the Sankaku crowd, well they are all perverts. And racists. Both.
They are discussing the DxD storyline in the comments!
They never do that!
For any show!
Yet here they are, getting all serious and geeky on the subject.
DxD is such a great show it turned Sankaku comments into a serious discussion board about character developements.
qed
Old 2013-08-16, 15:16   Link #656
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I have to say Bakugan is one them since I believe it has a good plot and isn't a carbon copy of Pokemon/ Yu Gi Oh.
Old 2013-08-16, 17:09   Link #657
Joyce_Steele
Banned

I'm not saying that I love Cardfight Vanguard but I think it just overhated. Maybe because it bears many similarities to Yugioh and thinks it it just the same. I's debatable but in my opinion CV is many times better than Yugioh and other shows similar themes like Beyblade because it focused more on strategies and less on 'mystical' crap which kids(the obvious target audiences for both shows) don't even understand.

@Ichuki: I think the only good Bakugan is the first season. The second season was awful.
Old 2013-08-16, 23:41   Link #658
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnShizue View Post
So much of this. Well after the series ended, I did see how the anime faulted and such, but none of that really bothered me. If anything this series turned out to be one of my favorites and the most spent ever. But I do see why people hated it cuz of Asuna in Season 2, incest, and not even finishing SAO (though none of those things bothered me).
Old 2013-08-17, 02:02   Link #659
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I have to say Bakugan is one them since I believe it has a good plot and isn't a carbon copy of Pokemon/ Yu Gi Oh.
All I care about Bakugan is the toys.... It's amazing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi View Post
So much of this. Well after the series ended, I did see how the anime faulted and such, but none of that really bothered me. If anything this series turned out to be one of my favorites and the most spent ever. But I do see why people hated it cuz of Asuna in Season 2, incest, and not even finishing SAO (though none of those things bothered me).
Incest... this is anime... so why bother?
Old 2013-08-17, 02:14   Link #660
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I grew out from those anime already so yea.....don't really like them.

Pokemon is an exception. I mean come on, the game is nice
Closed Thread