AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-19, 10:56   Link #6161
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

So guys,
where the spoilers again?????
Didn't managed to catch up......
Old 2010-03-19, 14:10   Link #6162
Fandal

264 & 265
Spoiler:
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 14:23   Link #6163
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well, as you said, this one doesn't quite apply ^_^;

And this one was because Nagi is sure by now that Hinagiku is out of reach for Hayate, and because they really owed Hina. Keep in mind, she forcefully refused Ayumu who insisted that she wanted a Hayate date too - because Nagi believed Ayumu would go after him.
The first wasn't that it didn't count, just that Nagi herself still seemed unsure of the stance. Maybe she hadn't quite gotten the possibility through her head that Hayate doesn't think of her as more than a master.

The second seemed to be more because she was rather sure that Hina wouldn't go on the offensive, author avatar foreknowledge that Hina wouldn't confess.
Ayumu on the other hand, would, and has twice, so I think Nagi's trying to keep a little hope in her heart that she might be able to win him over, and if Ayumu went out on a date with Hayate she would crush what little hope Nagi had left.
Kinda amusing that Nagi herself ordered Hayate to take time alone with Ayumu (in a non-date capacity) earlier (Hot Springs arc).

When she spoke to Hayate before he left for his date with Hina, she seemed to be regretful more than anything.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 21:16   Link #6164
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Just why is it that everyone thinks HayatexNagi is 'disgusting' just because of the three-year age difference? They're both fairly clueless, so it's not like it really makes a difference. Watching a (supposedly) six-year-old girl acting rather convincingly like a sexually mature adult and apparently trying to seduce a hapless six-year-old boy seems rather more squicky to me, really. /: But it seems I'm the only one who thinks that.
Okay, it looks like I really am the only one who thinks this! Just like I'm the only one who still seems to have a problem with Athena's personality. But oh well.

Anyway, something somewhat relevant: Remember that what Hayate said to Nagi before he ran off to save Athena was 'If I don't do this, I can't move on' or something of the sort, so like.... with that and what just happened, I think HayatexAthena is kinda sunk now. Sorry, guys. :P

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 21:29   Link #6165
babohtea

Quote:
Okay, it looks like I really am the only one who thinks this! Just like I'm the only one who still seems to have a problem with Athena's personality. But oh well.

Anyway, something somewhat relevant: Remember that what Hayate said to Nagi before he ran off to save Athena was 'If I don't do this, I can't move on' or something of the sort, so like.... with that and what just happened, I think HayatexAthena is kinda sunk now. Sorry, guys. :P
People with brains kind of realize that.

Yeah.. I don't see how you can still dislike Athena after "what just happened" was like epic self-sacrifice..
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 21:29   Link #6166
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
You're not the only one who has a problem with it, I support it with you. I have no issue supporting Nagi anymore because of her mental maturity (which seems to be what Hayate is meaning when he talks about preferring older women) while I have a large problem with Athena's actions towards Hayate.

Also find it amusing that Hayate has shown interest in three girls physically. Maria, Hinagiku and Athena. Out of those three, Athena is the only one who prompted such a question, while the others were squicked by the reaction they were causing from Hayate.
Definately seems that she's trying a little hard to make sure she's the one in Hayate's heart.

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2010-03-19, 21:39   Link #6167
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Also find it amusing that Hayate has shown interest in three girls physically. Maria, Hinagiku and Athena. Out of those three, Athena is the only one who prompted such a question, while the others were squicked by the reaction they were causing from Hayate.
Definately seems that she's trying a little hard to make sure she's the one in Hayate's heart.
Athena tortured Hayate with swords, made him kissed her, made him sleep on the same bed with her, made him holding her hands while sleeping...But that was the best parts!!!

Yes, that's the reason why Hina still went to the restaurant with Hayate and believed it was a good time to confess knowing he was depressed. She's an angel. For the lack of vocabulary, she was unless and weak to confront with her love-life problems.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 21:43   Link #6168
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Athena tortured Hayate with swords, made him kissed her, made him sleep on the same bed with her, made him holding her hands while sleeping...But that was the best parts!!!

Yes, that's the reason why Hina still went to the restaurant with Hayate and believed it was a good time to confess knowing he was depressed. She's an angel. For the lack of vocabulary, she was unless and weak to confront with her love-life problems.
Um.. don't know what exactly you're talking about, I'm just talking about Hayate noticing them physically. He continually makes comments of how Maria is attractive, he's made Hina uncomfortable with staring at her, he notices Athena's 'growth'.. when she encourages him to notice them.

Old 2010-03-19, 21:56   Link #6169
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Um.. don't know what exactly you're talking about, I'm just talking about Hayate noticing them physically. He continually makes comments of how Maria is attractive, he's made Hina uncomfortable with staring at her, he notices Athena's 'growth'.. when she encourages him to notice them.
Quote:
Out of those three, Athena is the only one who prompted such a question, while the others were squicked by the reaction they were causing from Hayate.
She can asked such question unlike some weak character who always run away since she was capable of tortured Hayate, forced him to kiss her, forced him to sleep with her and hold her hands, because she wanted to make sure she's in Hayate's heart. Isn't that right?
Old 2010-03-19, 22:12   Link #6170
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

HnG is so DEEP, lol..

I believe that the current events were all to conclude his still ongoing promise, and past relationship with her. If she ever returns to Japan (there are still some loose ends to tie up), she'll have a clean start along with the other girls. I think that Hata wanted to make it fair, sort of, so he reset Hayate's love gauge to 0.

Now that Athena is momentarily out of the picture, it's possible for the others to take another chance. Hina still needs to confess, and Ayumu needs to hear an answer from him. She waited long enough, eh?

Though Nagi is still overwhelmingly in the lead, even if Hayate doesn't recognize her as a love interest at the moment. Their relationship may change after they return to Japan. She's still flat as a board, though... and that's not quite Hayate's ideal.. hahaha...

*sigh*

I really wanted to see Nagi comment on Athena's chest, after she heard about their past relationship. Hahaha....
Old 2010-03-19, 22:39   Link #6171
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
I really wanted to see Nagi comment on Athena's chest, after she heard about their past relationship. Hahaha....
So much for Nagi's reaction after she learned that Hayate's in love with someone who's superior even to Hina that you mentioned about 1 half a year ago...Such a disappointment.
Old 2010-03-20, 01:29   Link #6172
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Though Nagi is still overwhelmingly in the lead, even if Hayate doesn't recognize her as a love interest at the moment. Their relationship may change after they return to Japan. She's still flat as a board, though... and that's not quite Hayate's ideal.. hahaha...

*sigh*

Considering his reaction to Hinagiku who's berserk button is that she is (supposedly) 'flat as a board', I fail to see Hayate as the type of guy who sees any value in the size of a girls chest.

It actually gives him a measure of maturity in my book that he doesn't seem to value such, while the world seems to think they should.
Nagi seems to have unfortunate stock in such a belief, but maybe watching Hayate for longer from a different perspective should free her from that misconception.

Old 2010-03-20, 01:45   Link #6173
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I know this is trivial...But...
Bastion, was Hina immature or did she try a little too hard wanted to have Hayate's heart when she tried to enhance her chest in the hot spring arc? Or when she pretended to be a weak girl because she thought Hayate liked them due to her false assumption? Or both?

Wasted 1 minute of my life....
Old 2010-03-20, 02:04   Link #6174
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
I know this is trivial...But...
Bastion, was Hina immature or did she try a little too hard wanted to have Hayate's heart when she tried to enhance her chest in the hot spring arc? Or when she pretended to be a weak girl because she thought Hayate liked them due to her false assumption? Or both?

Wasted 1 minute of my life....
No, she was falling to the world's view of what women should be. A part I hope she drops since it falls drastically short of the intelligent person she's purported to be. Along with failing hard to notice that it's when she doesn't act according to what she thinks he likes that she finds herself the center of his attention.

When she acts feminine around everyone, she gets them to convince Hayate to take her out on a date, but reverts to her Bokukko personality while on the date, which he reacts favorably to.
Acting like a frail girl at the beach volleyball match makes him think she's sick, while her anger at being poked about her chest earns her a date.
When she shows up for the date at the beginning of this arc, he stares at her, despite her thinking that she has nothing to stare at.

She's continually been shown that what the world thinks she should be to get a man and what Hayate shows her that he prefers should clue her that she should stop putting on the mask and just let him see her acting normally (as Ayumu does lol) and he'll be putty in her hand.

Old 2010-03-20, 02:04   Link #6175
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Heh? What? Maturity? What's wrong with preferring something else? He likes em bigger, but yeah, I suppose there's nothing wrong with giving that up for the sake of love, if that's what you're intending to say~

Umm.. I'll add that even if she acted normally, she'd still have to be direct with him, cuz he's an airhead (of sorts). But then again, it's hard to act normally around the person you love...

Heh...
Old 2010-03-20, 02:32   Link #6176
zodanhko
*ignoring*

As you must have already realized, I don't really trust the TVtrope regarding accurate information. Lol

Quote:
No, she was falling to the world's view of what women should be. A part I hope she drops since it falls drastically short of the intelligent person she's purported to be. Along with failing hard to notice that it's when she doesn't act according to what she thinks he likes that she finds herself the center of his attention.
Don't you mean "she was falling to the world's view of what women should be" after she realized she loves Hayate. It was obvious that she was concerned about her body structure because of what she thinks the blue-haired boy like.

Quote:
When she acts feminine around everyone, she gets them to convince Hayate to take her out on a date, but reverts to her Bokukko personality while on the date, which he reacts favorably to.
Acting like a frail girl at the beach volleyball match makes him think she's sick, while her anger at being poked about her chest earns her a date.
When she shows up for the date at the beginning of this arc, he stares at her, despite her thinking that she has nothing to stare at.
Sick?!?
I don't think it was anymore obvious that she acted like a weak girl because she believed Hayate liked frail girls. No, seriously...it can't be anymore simplistic...
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c221/12.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c221/13.html

Wonder how you could have missed it with your love for Hina, perhaps it's because of too much love?

Quote:
She's continually been shown that what the world thinks she should be to get a man and what Hayate shows her that he prefers should clue her that she should stop putting on the mask and just let him see her acting normally (as Ayumu does lol) and he'll be putty in her hand.
Uhhh.....I don't really want to get into what you think about Hina without sufficient facts.
Old 2010-03-20, 02:39   Link #6177
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Sick?!?
I don't think it was anymore obvious that she acted like a weak girl because she believed Hayate liked frail girls. No, seriously...it can't be anymore simplistic...
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c221/12.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c221/13.html

Wonder how you could have missed it with your love for Hina...
.. It's called actually reading the chapter..
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c222/15.html

Last edited by Bastion_Arcion; 2010-03-20 at 02:48. Reason: Stupid machine, linking the page after instead of the one requested >.>
Old 2010-03-20, 02:46   Link #6178
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
.. It's called actually reading the chapter..
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c222/16.html
All it says was that she was delusional in believing acting like a frail girl will make Hayate falls for her. And/or she believed that Hayate needed to be saved so she should kick that guys ass which she did because he insulted her chest size. I don't see the different Bastion-kun.
Old 2010-03-20, 02:50   Link #6179
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
All it says was that she was delusional in believing acting like a frail girl will make Hayate falls for her. And/or she believed that Hayate needed to be saved so she should kick that guys ass which she did because he insulted her chest size. I don't see the different Bastion-kun.
>.> Stupid machine linked the wrong page. Try looking at pg 15. Hayate says that he should have seen that Hinagiku wasn't feeling well.

Old 2010-03-20, 02:53   Link #6180
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
>.> Stupid machine linked the wrong page. Try looking at pg 15. Hayate says that he should have seen that Hinagiku wasn't feeling well.
There is still no different, Bastion-kun. She was acting as a frail girl believing it will make Hayate likes her, but Hayate believed she wasn't feeling well since she is a strong,hyperactive, monster girl in his eyes.

This makes her both immature and try a little hard to make sure she has Hayate's heart according to your logic. Right?

Edit: Like I said on MF, don't use the "only with negative tone" regarding Athena so easily...^.^

Last edited by zodanhko; 2010-03-20 at 03:07.

Tags
comedy, shounen