AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-05, 11:20   Link #1
BluWacky
尻の竜

Animal Tantei Kiruminzuu

I have a long, not particularly well documented fascination with the works of Shoji Kawamori. Never mind that there's huge swathes of his work I haven't seen (like Spring and Chaos, or even the original Macross), something about the man's deranged, cultist mind inexplicably draws me to his shows.

Now Basquash wasn't my thing, I have no idea how it ended up as I only watched the first episode (not a basketball fan and the whole thing felt very juvenile, loved the animation though). I had perhaps hoped that his next series would be something a bit more epic, or even something weird-ass like Arjuna which is still probably my favourite show ever.

Then they announced Animal Tantei Kirumins (Animal Detectives Kirumins), about three little girls who transform into giant plush costumes (and presumably solve crimes, although I don't actually know any more of the plot than that!). My head exploded, I wept for the moe-fication of the industry once more - now even mad old Kawamori seemed to have taken a break from smoking whatever it was that produced Kissdum and "selling out". I mean, STARCHILD are producing it. How low can you go?

Fast forward to today, and I had completely forgotten this show was even airing. Then I discover the OP is on Youtube, and it's called "Poo", which I find inordinately amusing because I am secretly five years old. Of course, it then turns out it's in Thai.

Of course.

So the OP is one of those silly dancey ones that have been in fashion since at least Kodocha's Ultra Relax, the song is stupid, it looks kind of stupid... and yet now I really want to see how stupid this show is. It looks like they actually solve crimes, maybe! And there's a weird old guy dressed up like a bird! Plus the villain turns into a gothic lolita bat!

Now, my internet is up the spout at the moment so I'm not going to be raw-hunting. So... has anyone actually watched this? What's it actually like? Is the animation at least classy?

See, this is much more interesting than an informative first post with staff details and stuff. Honest!
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 11:26   Link #2
sirn
田舎者言うな

I watched it, and enjoyed it in the same way I enjoyed Marie Gali. The animation is uh, oh, standard Hal Film Maker production. Pretty good stuff, I guess. Tange Sakura on the first minute of the show pretty much makes me want to watch it more.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 01:06   Link #3
Fuze

The animation looks exactly how it should, Satelight/Hal Film collaboration; I'm not familiar with JM Animation, the third company involved. I love the fluid colors; although, some of the background line art work was sloppy and distracting.

I didn't know what to expect going in, but I was hoping for more humor. Perhaps, it's yet to come as more characters are introduced. Also, there is no crime solving in the first episode. I think that could spice up this show a bit.

I'm tempted to make a comment about furries but I better not.
Fuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 09:19   Link #4
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Oh my OP and ED song really cute!!!! >_< I think this is the first time I heard a song in Thai.

They are like mahou shoujo but get "chibified" when they transformed.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 23:03   Link #5
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I love this show, I am currently waiting for LSS-WSRN to fansub the rest of the show.

(They have subbed Episodes 1-36 so far)
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote