Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-27, 06:23   Link #1
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Rusty Hearts

http://rustyhearts.perfectworld.com/

Anime themed F2P action MMO that goes into (english?) beta today sometime. Anyone gona give it a go?

(I thought there was a thread here already for this game, but did a search for 'rusty hearts' and 'perfect world' and came up stumps.)
Old 2011-07-27, 23:55   Link #2
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I gave it a go. Made a Franz.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 06:55   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Didn't know of this one till today, looks pretty good for a hack and slash. I'll probably give it a try later on today~
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:25   Link #4
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I'll give it a try as well. If it's good I'll post back with character name so if anyone wants to party up we could do so.

Edit : If anyone is wondering, you can get CBT key from here as well as some exclusive items.

So did anyone get those exclusive items? I sure as hell didn't <.<

Last edited by Dist; 2011-07-28 at 15:14.
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 16:04   Link #5
Dist

The bugginess of this game is fking pissing me off. I keep getting glitched all the goddamn time. This time I got stuck to the dungeon select screen being unable to exit the game, exit the screen, enter the dungeon or do anything else. After ctrl+alt+deling out of the game, I can no longer login! It just says unable to verify bla bla bla <.<
Old 2011-07-29, 20:52   Link #6
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Usually 'unable to verify' means the server is down, if you are positive your login details are right. It is a beta remember so it's going to be buggy. I think there is a fix for getting unstuck off of corner walls too, something like switching from fullscreen to window mode.
Old 2011-07-29, 21:47   Link #7
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
The bugginess of this game is fking pissing me off. I keep getting glitched all the goddamn time. This time I got stuck to the dungeon select screen being unable to exit the game, exit the screen, enter the dungeon or do anything else. After ctrl+alt+deling out of the game, I can no longer login! It just says unable to verify bla bla bla <.<
The server was down. It happened multiple times.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 01:26   Link #8
Dist

^Yeah but when I got stuck to the dungeon screen, the servers weren't down. I could see people chatting and the chat was active, but I was stuck <.<

Speaking of chat, how the hell do I turn off the orange chat that EVERYONE seem to use? It completely spams my chatbox and I have no idea what people around me are saying.
Old 2011-07-30, 09:58   Link #9
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^Yeah but when I got stuck to the dungeon screen, the servers weren't down. I could see people chatting and the chat was active, but I was stuck <.<

Speaking of chat, how the hell do I turn off the orange chat that EVERYONE seem to use? It completely spams my chatbox and I have no idea what people around me are saying.
Those are megaphone chats. Click on the General tab instead of All.
Old 2011-07-30, 10:46   Link #10
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Made a Tude, took some time to get started...so far it's been fun, although there are a bit more loading screens than I'm used to seeing. At least the loading times are short.
Old 2011-07-30, 15:20   Link #11
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Those are megaphone chats. Click on the General tab instead of All.
You're wrong. I asked around in game and found out also that the chat everyone uses is /s = shout. The shout is enabled only in towns but while in towns I have hard time discussing stuff with my party when there is like 3 shouts per 10 seconds... or more.

Edit : Aaand the servers are down again. I bet they're gonna do rollback again <.<. Last time it dc'ed and I logged in I found out that quests I had turned in were there again and stuff I had sold was in my inventory again (and money missing, of course). Seriously I've never played a CB like this yet where servers are down like 5 times per day. It's not even the game's fault that the servers are down so '' CB '' is not really an excuse .. get better servers damnit.

Edit2 : Whether it was a rollback or the game just hates me and has glitched my account, the servers went down AGAIN?. It always happens the same way.. I complete a dungeon, click on Return to Town and nothing happens at all. I have to ctrl alt del out of the game and when I try to login absolutely nothing happens, it doesn't even give me an error. Last time this happened, at the time of my first edit, I had just completed ton of quests in Wine Cellar. Now when I logged back in game, all those quests were '' done '' except that I didn't have any of the quest items! So I had to do all the damn quests AGAIN. And now I did them again, and what happened? the same damn bug asfdsfgpsdfgndfgmfd

Last edited by Dist; 2011-07-30 at 22:04.
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 00:11   Link #12
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Now when I logged back in game, all those quests were '' done '' except that I didn't have any of the quest items! So I had to do all the damn quests AGAIN. And now I did them again, and what happened? the same damn bug asfdsfgpsdfgndfgmfd
That's what people call a rollback^^ It's normally a very big issue, but since it's CB, this is the best time to make use of it for stability issues. Imagine having a LV182 character who just killed an end-game boss, enchanted a perfect weapon and made maximum money, only to have a rollback the next day...
If it helps any, try doing it again with another character, not that there are many to choose from, but still. I haven't had too much time to play, but the dungeons are fun so far.

EDIT: It seems very natural to only get SSS with Angela on any and all missions, even if she gets hit 10 times, but Tude must break two sweats to get an A...wtf, I even used combo cancels to reach the same level of combo hits!

EDIT2: Waltzed through all dungeons till the wine cellar 1F after partying with a Tude (surprisingly enough the place is full of them, so I made an Angela for some variety xD). My first dc came at the cellar sewers while looking for an NPC, [couldn't connect to dungeon->user cannot connect to server] or something. As for chat, can't click to change mode, gotta /command it for some reason...at least I figured it out soon. The quests are pretty good, i.e. not boring to death, and the NPC chat really helps fix the mood, whoever came up with the dialogue has a good sense of humour.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-07-31 at 11:19.
Old 2011-07-31, 17:14   Link #13
Dist

The dialogue makes it seem like this game was originally a single player but got transformed into MMO. Not just the dialogue really but everything about the game seems to hint that way... Not necessarily a bad thing though.

I absolutely love this game, hack 'n slash mmos are never bad but this.. This takes it further. The graphics are amazing as well as the soundtrack. The only downside is that there's no character customization at all which also makes me believe that this was built to be single player first <.<

Btw Kafriel I figured it out. It wasn't a rollback. Sometimes the server goes down or stops responding while I am in a dungeon, but for some reason or another I don't get disconnected from the server. I can keep playing as if the game was a single player, but all the loot etc. I gather after being dc'ed and not being aware of it, obviously will not be carried when I next time login as I technically never even got them in the first place. The next map will never just load when I try to exit the dungeon as I am disconnected..

I wish it would tell me right away when it dc'es though, waste of time to keep killing stuff if you're not even connected to the server.

Oh and SSS on any and all missions? Sure. How about post some screenshots to proove it? I'd like to see you run Cafeteria or Library on VH and get SSS. Hell, I can't even get A on VH usually and I also play as Angela (scythe). The game was really easy until you got to the next dungeons, the Wine Cellar and further dungeons sure have upped the difficulty a lot. I usually get my most hits from some stupid archers that spawn on other side of a huge map so that I can't even see that they spawned <.<
Old 2011-08-01, 00:46   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Did say up to wine cellar Anyone figured out how skill chains affect stylish points? I got the info from a loading bar, and tried mixing up all of my magic in a single combo, but it's kinda hard due to the difference in range.
Quote:
I usually get my most hits from some stupid archers that spawn on other side of a huge map so that I can't even see that they spawned <.<
I saw the archers and dodged into a barrel bomb The AP system is a bit brutal, you only get up to 5 cancel points, and Angela is not the fastest character out there, I rarely manage to switch from attacking to blocking in time for an incoming shot.
Speaking of SS though, does the game have a screenshot function?
Old 2011-08-01, 02:49   Link #15
Dist

cancel points? AP? I play this purely as hack 'n slash, no blocking attacks for me. I only roll to avoid incoming hits. Perhaps that's the reason I get hit more but well, I do prefer it this way with more fast paced combat.. Screw blocking, as long as you kill them fast enough you're good

But yeah, what are the cancel and AP you talk about?

And no idea about the Stylish points, but I do notice that if you get hit you lose points (alongside with your rank..). I usually just try to rack up my combo as high as possible and I usually get enough stylish points like that but dungeons like Library on VH are so hard that even if I got high combo it's not enough as I get hit too much so my rank lowers a LOT. I haven't even gotten A on Library VH yet D:. Library is annoying because there are these mages that shoot homing fireballs to you.. you need to time the roll right to avoid them but well, if they shoot from outside of your view.. you're probably fked.

Btw I recommend going scythe. There's four different finishers for the combo depending on how long you hold the atk button after the first couple hits, and the final finisher will throw your scythe and this will allow you to rack up your combo a lot. It's interesting if you throw your scythe to left, then spam your skill to the right and the scythe just magically appears on the right and keeps flying that way even though you threw it to left. You can easily use all your spells with the scythe too, some even change form like the Fire Wall. Now the Fire '' wall '' is just a swing of the scythe to the ground with fire on the tip of the scythe.
Old 2011-08-01, 04:22   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
But yeah, what are the cancel and AP you talk about?
The AP bar is located under your mana, fills in up to 5 pieces when you hit enemies or use skills. At LV20 you can use all 5 to enter berserker mode and make a dungeon boss your plaything, but till then you can use one bar to cancel a combo in the middle of its execution, so as to avoid an attack or position yourself to better use some skills.
I'll check out both sword and scythe, from what I've heard Frantz and Tude are damage beasts compared to Angela later on, so maybe she fits better as a support.
Old 2011-08-01, 07:38   Link #17
Shadow5YA

No, each character uses AP for different skills. Frantz needs it to cancel into dodging and to use his Berserker buff. Tude needs it to use this stomping skill in the air.

Anyway, I don't know how well each character fares later on, but from what I see Angela is sloooow. Sure Angela has power and AoEs, but other characters get more AoEs later on as well.
Old 2011-08-01, 07:43   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The bar is drained if you cancel dodge with Angela too...haven't played Tude enough to try jump-cancel and stomp, won't make a Frantz till I max the other two first, so I don't know much about him. Anyone lagging today? Tried two runs and barely made the second.
Old 2011-08-01, 12:04   Link #19
Dist

Even if Angela is slooow.. so what? I hate how people seem to tend to pick the characters that fare the best in combat. I pick characters that are fun to play, not characters that are strongest <.<
Old 2011-08-01, 12:09   Link #20
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It depends on what you enjoy the most, PvP or PvE. For PvP you need a character who has speed and power combos, while for PvE people seek AoE damage and crowd control. I'm vastly a PvE fan, so I don't care about which character trumps another. For what it's worth, I've heard that currently Frantz is #1 in PvP because Tude can't make use of his just frames during grabs, because grabs are off limits in duels.

EDIT: Server not responding...

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-08-01 at 12:20.