AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 76 49.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-14, 06:40   Link #241
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Why do people assume 16 year-old boys are supposed to be savants at determining girls' feelings, anyway? Shin is pretty much clueless in this regard - in other words, pretty much typical for his peer group. I don't think Hiromi has given him anything a typical 16 year-old could extrapolate out to a signal of romantic interest. Like most boys his age he doesn't trust his judgement in these matters, so that even when something ambiguos occurs - the scarf incident - he's telling himself "She didn't mean anything by it. Why would she be into me?"

It's not an anime thing - it's a life thing. We're just like that. Sometimes we get better, sometimes not - but not many of us ever really figure it out.
I admit that there are clueless people out there but those are also the types that I don't like seeing. Yet romance series seem to just love having character that are exactally like that - too much infact. Perhaps what I would be moaning about is for something different

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-14, 08:11   Link #242
Westlo
Lets be reality

Seriously what has stopped Aiko from ending the relationship with Nobuse from the time of the confession until the series started? Is she worried that if she brakes up with Nobuse she won't see Shin as much since those two are best friends?

Quote:
I don't think Hiromi has given him anything a typical 16 year-old could extrapolate out to a signal of romantic interest.
Hiromi has only gave him one obvious clue and it led him to thinking she was after #4, and it wasn't just him who thought that since Hiromi's best friend felt the same as well. Look how well things were going at the beach and than she brings up eating lunch with Noe which made Shin stop what he was going to say. Hiromi's friend sees her eating with Noe and looks shocked, later that night she messages Hiromi saying forget about that piggyback guy I'll support you with #4.

So yeah the one obvious clue is there but due to what happened at the end of episode 3 Shin (as well as Hiromi's best friend) thinks it was for #4 and not for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
ps, glad to see you're still alive. i'll join up on MAL at some point
Sure thing, drop us a line once you do and enjoy your time over here as well.
Old 2008-02-14, 10:40   Link #243
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Seriously what has stopped Aiko from ending the relationship with Nobuse from the time of the confession until the series started? Is she worried that if she brakes up with Nobuse she won't see Shin as much since those two are best friends?
More or less, yes. That and she probably doesn't want to disappoint Shin or hurt Nobuse.
Old 2008-02-14, 16:04   Link #244
hai_san

arrrrrrggggg... 3 great gals whom should i root for? it been a long since there is an anime with 3 main girls whom i dunno to root for...
Old 2008-02-14, 21:45   Link #245
feRfe

Spoiler for episode 6:

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-02-15 at 04:11. Reason: Post moved. Comments about the episodes shall go in the episode threads rather than in generic discussion.
Old 2008-02-15, 05:18   Link #246
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Spoiler for Episode 6, so I don't get shot:

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-02-15 at 23:51. Reason: Wow, huge typos and stuff....
Old 2008-02-15, 10:57   Link #247
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Which is why Candy☆Boy is gonna be awesome.

At this point, I don't mind him getting with any of the girls, I'd just prefer Aiko more.
Old 2008-02-15, 11:16   Link #248
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I think you touched on a good point there. Regardless if you want them to be related or not the draw of the possiblity is still there and its keeping all of us glued to the show. The fact of not knowing and the hints they have given us just make you rack your brain with theories and conjecture. That is one of biggest draws to the show for me not to mention i seem to be a glutton for romantic anguish, between True Tears and Kimikiss romance and although not as good as the other 2 H2O is holding its own. This season has been suburb for the romance genre.

@Grimkill7 I feel the way you do i dont mind any of the girls but i wold prefer Aiko.
Old 2008-02-15, 23:49   Link #249
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yeah it is a possibility of Incest, as we don't know if the two are brother and sister. I'm willing to bet that they are not related.

On a side note... H2O pisses me off more than any series I've ever seen. Even knowing that the other students physically and mentally abuse her, the main guy is still all smiles and having a great time with the very ones that are rotten in their cores.
Old 2008-02-16, 05:29   Link #250
arkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Why do people assume 16 year-old boys are supposed to be savants at determining girls' feelings, anyway? Shin is pretty much clueless in this regard - in other words, pretty much typical for his peer group. I don't think Hiromi has given him anything a typical 16 year-old could extrapolate out to a signal of romantic interest. Like most boys his age he doesn't trust his judgement in these matters, so that even when something ambiguos occurs - the scarf incident - he's telling himself "She didn't mean anything by it. Why would she be into me?"

It's not an anime thing - it's a life thing. We're just like that. Sometimes we get better, sometimes not - but not many of us ever really figure it out.
Agreed, which is unusual for me, as I've not often agreed with you (.e.g. Takeuchi FTW!)

I almost want to give you a cookie for that post. Almost...

Ahem...

Anyway I see where Deathkillz is coming from. It'd be nice to have a bit of a change every now and then. It would certainly be interesting to see how things would play out when the lead is able to pick up on all the feelings/actions that the girls display towards him.
Old 2008-02-16, 05:40   Link #251
oompa loompa

incest incest. i like the idea of shin and hiromi.. hmm but.. i wonder if this is nailing that coffin shut? as mentioned above by others, im also slightly interested in the alternative
Old 2008-02-16, 08:39   Link #252
cloudninja

What was the credibility level of Shin's mother prior to the "revelation" and why was she surprised that Hiromi remembered such an important conversation? It definitely raises doubt about both her statement and the motivation behind it. The only thing we know for sure is that Shin's mother hated Hiromi's mother but there could be other reasons other than her husband having an affair. What she told Hiromi was definitely the best way to hurt her and keep her away from Shinichiro. At the very least there is more to her "story" than has been revealed. Anyway there is enough room for doubt that those who accepted what she said at face value could be kicking themselves later for believing her. It definitely worked in keeping Hiromi away from Shinichiro for the past year and will work again for the next several episodes as it conveniently allows the other girls an opening with Shin.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-16 at 12:49. Reason: typo
Old 2008-02-17, 15:21   Link #253
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkon View Post
Agreed, which is unusual for me, as I've not often agreed with you (.e.g. Takeuchi FTW!)

I almost want to give you a cookie for that post. Almost...

Ahem...

Anyway I see where Deathkillz is coming from. It'd be nice to have a bit of a change every now and then. It would certainly be interesting to see how things would play out when the lead is able to pick up on all the feelings/actions that the girls display towards him.
TAKE BAD! TAKE BAD!

Old 2008-02-17, 15:37   Link #254
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Finnally was able to get caught up (through ep 6) last night.... this was a fun episode.. it is intersting how they have developed the three girls so far... I guess I am a little worried how they will tie it up for the remainder of the story. For this episode, finally getting part of the background story of two of them really has started to explain where they are coming from.
Old 2008-02-17, 20:57   Link #255
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

grumble grumble auto downloading agents are a mixed blessing. I didn't even realised I missed this.

Woooooo go evil mum of the year! Sweep the mail, sweep his room, I wonder does Shin have anywhere that is sacred?

Well the people (everyone) who were saying that they might be siblings could be right. Geeezzz why don't they just get it over and done with to save the angsting. A DNA test would resolve everything... Well probably not everything as Hiromi is still her daugher...

I find it slighty amusing how Shin's family are like the bane of her life. Sure they provide her with a roof (guilt on her might be dad's part?), but Shin's dad's affair started this whole thing. Shin's mum is acting all evil to Hiromi because of said affair and finally Shin is twisting her heart into knots for whatever reason. Get out of there Hiromi, call child services, an upbringing like this is sure to drive anyone up the wall.

I feel really sorry for Ai and a tiny bit sorry for Nobuse. Geeeezzz who confesses to a girl with their best friend there, but even if I ignore that I still want to b**ch slap the busy body. He should charge for his match making skills apart from they all seem to be really forced and falling apart. Well Ai should have been more honest so I don't feel that sorry for her actually.

Want more Noe, you better not make her cry busy body Shin.
Old 2008-02-17, 21:12   Link #256
golthin

ok, Seravy and Onizuku-Gto need to quit watching this show if it is SO AWEFUL! Even myself, that almost watch everything would waste 25 minutes of my time watching a show that I consider garbage.
Old 2008-03-06, 23:27   Link #257
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Question about end of episode 6. At the end of the episode 6, Hiromi sais something.

Two diffrent translation say diffrent things:

1) i am a trible person ( Which sounded right to me)

2) what am i suposed to do .

It was a hard phrase , so i figured it would have been hard to translate . Could Any Japanese native confirm which one is the right translation ? or If They could translate it themselves for me .

Thanks for the trouble .

P.S. Giving cookies to whoever ( and anyone/every one) that translate(s) it for me .
Old 2008-03-06, 23:40   Link #258
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Question about end of episode 6. At the end of the episode 6, Hiromi sais something.

Two diffrent translation say diffrent things:

1) i am a trible person ( Which sounded right to me)

2) what am i suposed to do .

It was a hard phrase , so i figured it would have been hard to translate . Could Any Japanese native confirm which one is the right translation ? or If They could translate it themselves for me .

Thanks for the trouble .

P.S. Giving cookies to whoever ( and anyone/every one) that translate(s) it for me .
Are you talking about the part where she cries after telling Shinichirou?
The "watashi te saitei" part?

If so, she pretty much says
"I'm the worst." or "I'm horrible."

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-07, 10:04   Link #259
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Are you talking about the part where she cries after telling Shinichirou?
The "watashi te saitei" part?

If so, she pretty much says
"I'm the worst." or "I'm horrible."
Yeah that part. Thats what i thought i heard too . Or at least something close to that, I could figure out the saite part but the rest couldnt. I was guessing it might have been " watashi wa". Thanks alot .

By the way, How come she called herself the worst. Because she told him about the truth ( or at least what could have been or might be the truth) ? Or maybe she might have thought she had hurted his feelings?

Or i might be overanalizing unimportant things . But yeah , i sometime do ponder and get curious about these kind of things. Any ways thanks.

WM648 gives cookies to Serenade .
Old 2010-02-23, 04:53   Link #260
qwertyuiopz

aww i felt so bad for the friend he was trying really hard but had his feeling played the whole time he looked like he was going to cry

this is a really good plot so far and i have a hunch that something supernatural is going to mess up this nice pace *COUGHCLANNAD*and its really nice to see that people dont have silver/blue/green hair for a change

this plot would make a really good movie
Closed Thread