AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-09, 12:21   Link #21
User15353
Inactive Member

Meg == Asuka (NGE)

User15353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 12:24   Link #22
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
i just saw the firs fansub episode. I found it nice but i was expecting more.

The opening and ending themes are completly annoying for me, after the op and ending from last exile, which i love, these ones are the worst...

The action scenes are soo amazing!! im going to follow this one just because of that.

I don't like the char design either. When an anime has to show crotch close-ups and pointy nipples usually is because is lacking in others departments, like story or animation...

Besides until now the story is nothing impressive, i'll just wait for ep two anyway...

sorry for the bad english, every day i try to improve it

Last edited by mantidor; 2004-04-09 at 12:26. Reason: grammar errors, i know, my english sucks...:(
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 12:30   Link #23
tmm`
Soon To Be A Taka Hater

I like it how they draw Meg's nipples through her shirt...First time I've seen this in an anime .
tmm` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 12:31   Link #24
Airnest

A few lesbian undertones is always good. So long as it's not Yaoi.

OT: I watched Yama no Matsui, I liked the art and story very much, but the Yaoi undertones almost made me PUKE! If not for the Yaoi undertones it would definitely ba a great Anime.
Airnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 12:34   Link #25
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i kinda like it, even though it REEKS of Bubblegum Crisis
but even so...there's "something" there that makes it different (oh yeah, that's right, Bubblegum Crisis had the worst sound effects i've ever heard in my entire life)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 12:52   Link #26
Mikesmaf

Send a message via AIM to Mikesmaf Send a message via Yahoo to Mikesmaf
I like this anime so far. It seems interesting...i'll keep an eye out on it for now.
Mikesmaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 12:53   Link #27
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Is it just me or did the OP kinda seem like Cowboy Beebop? Oh and Meg does seem like Asuka from NGE. I dont need another Asuka i thought she was annoying as hell in NGE. The quality of the animation and all is friggen great though. Im very impressed with the work put into this. The storyline doesnt seem all that great though, but i can look past that
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 13:02   Link #28
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
another noir rip off just like Madlax hehe how many noir rip off do we have to watch ???hehehe
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 13:02   Link #29
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
Is it just me or did the OP kinda seem like Cowboy Beebop? Oh and Meg does seem like Asuka from NGE. I dont need another Asuka i thought she was annoying as hell in NGE. The quality of the animation and all is friggen great though. Im very impressed with the work put into this. The storyline doesnt seem all that great though, but i can look past that
Wasn't Cowboy Bebop's OP theme just the jazzy score? I'll have to admit Baku-Tenshi's OP--J-Rap is what I call it was annoying at first, then it just cracked me up It might just grow on me
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 13:06   Link #30
User15353
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
another noir rip off just like Madlax hehe how many noir rip off do we have to watch ???hehehe

Noir what ?

This Series has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that reminds me of Noir *puh*

PS :

Madlax is made by the same guys that made Noir ... so they are rippin off themselves ...
User15353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 13:24   Link #31
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
This is Noir rip-off? how is that possible? lol although I LOVE Noir I didn't think it was this famous @_@ I mean back then there are loads of people saying Gunslinger Girl is Noir rip-off, and now even Baku Ten is Noir rip-off? These shows feel completely different from Noir.

Besides Noir is completely superior to Madlax... or, at least the first episode of Noir is completely superior to the first Madlax IMO

And yup it's the same people that did Noir doing Madlax, so how can they rip-off themselves? It's just their style... the only thing in Baku Ten that seems similar to Noir is the lesbian-ish "logo picture" as far as I can tell
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 13:47   Link #32
JediNight
キズランダム

Whether the series is "awesome" or not is quite subjective mb81. I'm downloading it now, but other peoples comments so far are only backing up my preconceptions that this is just another garbage fanservice ripoff from GONZO again. Explosions, T&A, and mass fanservice don't make a good series, but I'm sure it will "sell" well with the teenie-boppers who don't expect more -- something like a PLOT More comments when I watch the episode, but I turned down encoding it for a reason ;D

With rare exceptions like Last Exile and Full Metal Panic, GONZO hasn't produced anything else in the way of GOOD anime in a long time. Fanservice != Great Series, its just a sure-fire way to make some money pandering to teens with ecchi.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 13:59   Link #33
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
The quality of the animation and all is friggen great though. Im very impressed with the work put into this. The storyline doesnt seem all that great though, but i can look past that
And thats exactly why it sells Sil Eighty -- fanservice sells. The economy is still rather bad in Japan these days, so especially GONZO produces "sure winners" that will draw a profit from these types of series with total fanservice and weak hollow plot. They know that the kids will "look past that" if they are mezmerized for 30mins by bouncing boobies :P
Old 2004-04-09, 14:01   Link #34
dreamless

heh, I'd say Last Exile and Full Metal Panic are far from good...

But then GONZO does produce some very good animes even recently, like Saikano, Kaleidostar (yup I think Kaleidostar is far better than Last Exile), Yukikaze...
Old 2004-04-09, 14:04   Link #35
Itsuki
Antagonist

I really liked this anime, its one of the best new series this month so far IMHO. The only thing I disliked about it was the guy, I was seriously hoping that they would have killed him off in the end. And did anyone else catch that Kill Bill reference? Besides that, Meg/Kyouhei both act like Asuka/Shinji from NGE.
Itsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 14:06   Link #36
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Whether the series is "awesome" or not is quite subjective mb81. I'm downloading it now, but other peoples comments so far are only backing up my preconceptions that this is just another garbage fanservice ripoff from GONZO again. Explosions, T&A, and mass fanservice don't make a good series, but I'm sure it will "sell" well with the teenie-boppers who don't expect more -- something like a PLOT More comments when I watch the episode, but I turned down encoding it for a reason ;D

With rare exceptions like Last Exile and Full Metal Panic, GONZO hasn't produced anything else in the way of GOOD anime in a long time. Fanservice != Great Series, its just a sure-fire way to make some money pandering to teens with ecchi.
Well, I'd give Baku Ten the benefit of doubt. So far the actions look only so-so, but then it's just the first episode and it seems the second episode will have some more action. Also the plot has barely started yet, and GONZO can do some good plots at times even with series full of fan-service and CG effects, ie. Vandread series.
Old 2004-04-09, 14:14   Link #37
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Well, I'd give Baku Ten the benefit of doubt. So far the actions look only so-so, but then it's just the first episode and it seems the second episode will have some more action. Also the plot has barely started yet, and GONZO can do some good plots at times even with series full of fan-service and CG effects, ie. Vandread series.
Well people touched a nerve in me with this thread, because I'm tired of seeing series like these raved by default ;\

I forgot about Saikano, but ppl have to remember that Saikano and FMP were mangas already. Last Exile is the only series that I think was an anime first. (Yukikaze was only an OVA) Beyond that GONZO is shooting 100% in the fanservice series category. I've just reached fanservice overload lately, as it seems over half of whats out there now is like that...
Old 2004-04-09, 16:08   Link #38
lamer_de

Quote:
Beyond that GONZO is shooting 100% in the fanservice series category.
How was Gadguard fanservice? How is Kaleidostar fanservice? I don't rember PMK having much fanservice either (well, I didn't watched much of it, but I didn't read anything regarding that matter). All recent animes done by Gonzo.

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-04-09, 16:12   Link #39
ShinDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Yukikaze was only an OVA
The OVA of Yukikaze was based on the novels.
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 16:58   Link #40
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamer_de
How was Gadguard fanservice? How is Kaleidostar fanservice? I don't rember PMK having much fanservice either (well, I didn't watched much of it, but I didn't read anything regarding that matter). All recent animes done by Gonzo.

CU,
lamer_de
Gadguard and no fanservice?! Are you kidding! What about that infamous carrot scene in the first episode? All that skirt swishing? It was hilarious, and I hate fanservice.

PMK, well there's fanservice for girls with all the yaoi undertones, but I got sick of the melodrama and only watched 3 episodes. With Kaleido Star, how convenient that they must wear leotards for acrobatics hehe. (Nobody wants to see an anime about ice sculpting in an anarok or something lol.) But actually, I will excuse Kaleido Star because it is directed by the all powerful Junichi Sato. I keep hearing good things, I must check it out soon.

What, BakuTen like Bubblegum Crisis? Okay I did not expect that comparison and its enough to intrigue me...
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote