AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2008-12-28, 10:50   Link #1001
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
Sigh... I wish they just pass the torch to another studio like Bones.
Bones is taking care of Fullmetal Alchemist "the true version" For 2009 it will be better to find another studio
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 11:27   Link #1002
typhonsentra

I don't think we'll ever see a new Full Metal (Main series) anime adaptation guys. I remember reading the DVD sales were pretty grim.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 11:36   Link #1003
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I don't think we'll ever see a new Full Metal (Main series) anime adaptation guys. I remember reading the DVD sales were pretty grim.
They were bad for a KyoAni anime but they can be considered pretty good for most other studio.
Old 2009-01-10, 05:50   Link #1004
kamehameha

so are we basically waiting for April to come around?
If not for this fall lineup, will it ever be animated, hmm :|
kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 13:00   Link #1005
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
so are we basically waiting for April to come around?
If not for this fall lineup, will it ever be animated, hmm :|
Next month a "big" announcement about Haruhi should be made in Newtype, we should be fixed about KyoAni anime for the end of the year.
Old 2009-01-10, 14:58   Link #1006
LemonMunchies

So lets hope they atleast animate it in 2010?
LemonMunchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 18:58   Link #1007
kamehameha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Next month a "big" announcement about Haruhi should be made in Newtype, we should be fixed about KyoAni anime for the end of the year.
Iv'e never even heard of Harhui.
I was always under the impression that FMP was a fairly successful anime, (sales-wise), and had been saving it for later, and finally got around to watching it. I'm not a big manga fan, and i just hate how people leave the endings to anime discontinued for what ever reason. This is the case with alot of animes, ex. elfen lied.. They should really try to atleast make a final season to provide some conclusion, as of right now FMP is great, but it's unfinished, so there's a level to the epicness it can deliver. Maybe another studio should step up and finish it, because it does have potential. Even funimation noticed this when they originally licensed it.
kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 22:31   Link #1008
Danteji

Theres going to be prolly two Full Metal Panic! series. One for sure, but I think theres going to be another one also. Because the FMP series are based on the novels, and theres at least one novel that has not been made into an anime and/or manga. I've read a little the english version and I know that !SPOILER! Tessa's brother kidnaps Chidori !SPOILER! And when you watch the end of The Second Raid, it gives you a feeling that theres going to be sequels, right?
Danteji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 02:51   Link #1009
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
Iv'e never even heard of Harhui.
I was always under the impression that FMP was a fairly successful anime, (sales-wise)
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was the big hit of 2006, one of the few anime able to sell has much DVD as a Gundam series.

FMP, in Japan, can be considered an average to good seller for most studios but for Kyoto Animation (the one who have animated TSR) FMP was a poor seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danteji View Post
Because the FMP series are based on the novels, and theres at least one novel that has not been made into an anime and/or manga.
Has of now 5 novel haven't been animated, and 2 novel haven't been adapted in Manga.
Old 2009-01-11, 21:31   Link #1010
Luthon

there should be enough material to easily make at least one if not 2 season i don't know how far the novels are but the have 9 volumes of sigma out which is when TSR happens and it continues from there in the manga at like book 4 there there's 5 volumes of material there that we haven't seen
Luthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 22:16   Link #1011
Eak
One angry cloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthon View Post
there should be enough material to easily make at least one if not 2 season i don't know how far the novels are but the have 9 volumes of sigma out which is when TSR happens and it continues from there in the manga at like book 4 there there's 5 volumes of material there that we haven't seen
It's definitely not content that is keeping this series from being made.... I would go on a ledge and say it is more or less a financial reason.

Also, in response about Haruhi.. it skyrocketed in popularity enough to be called a "phenomenon." and as mentioned before continues to make loads of money.
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 15:11   Link #1012
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
It's definitely not content that is keeping this series from being made.... I would go on a ledge and say it is more or less a financial reason.

Also, in response about Haruhi.. it skyrocketed in popularity enough to be called a "phenomenon." and as mentioned before continues to make loads of money.
well.. not exactly true. although there is a lot of content, every book ( except one ) ends on a cliffhanger. Anime only endings ( as far as i know ) isnt kyoanis style, and I sure as hell wouldnt want to see one
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 16:32   Link #1013
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
well.. not exactly true. although there is a lot of content, every book ( except one ) ends on a cliffhanger.
It's not really cliffhanger (except BOMF) but it's more like the end of a chapter than the end of a novel. It's like all the novel coming after DVMC are part of a single novel.
Old 2009-01-13, 17:01   Link #1014
SkoolRumble4Ya

I don't mind if they end it on a cliffhanger it shows that the anime is still coming but at this point I'm worried that it will never come out. We have to wait until the last novel to come out to find out if the author put any new information in it.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 17:35   Link #1015
oompa loompa

Quote:
It's not really cliffhanger (except BOMF) but it's more like the end of a chapter than the end of a novel. It's like all the novel coming after DVMC are part of a single novel.
true, thats a much better way of putting it.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 02:28   Link #1016
Luthon

there are some signs that thee will be an new season sometime in the next yea or so. they reaired it in japan and in North America the are re-releasing a new boxset for season 1 and fumoffu next month. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...s.php?id=13126
Luthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 03:37   Link #1017
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthon View Post
there are some signs that thee will be an new season sometime in the next yea or so. they reaired it in japan and in North America the are re-releasing a new boxset for season 1 and fumoffu next month. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...s.php?id=13126
American release have no impact on what the Japanese company will do, if you want hint from Japan then the three series have been released in Bluray box following the re-airing.
Old 2009-01-15, 05:04   Link #1018
The Quack-man

Quote:
American release have no impact on what the Japanese company will do, if you want hint from Japan then the three series have been released in Bluray box following the re-airing.

And from all the indications, all three box-set series' on Bluray are selling extremely well (Fumoffu only having just being recently released).
The Quack-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 09:08   Link #1019
Subzero00

if the Sales for full metal panic are bad for kyoto but good for other studio's why don't they give it to another?
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 18:26   Link #1020
Garetjx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I don't mind if they end it on a cliffhanger it shows that the anime is still coming but at this point I'm worried that it will never come out. We have to wait until the last novel to come out to find out if the author put any new information in it.
and when exactly is that last novel coming out? I heard that it would be released in November, but I guess it was delayed. any1 got any info on the release of the last novel? Also, as a side note, is Tokyopop delayed in translating the novels into English? They translated the first three and they said the fourth would be coming out in December, but I've looked on bookshelves and haven't seen it....
Garetjx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!