AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-29, 07:22   Link #121
FireChick

Marble's the person who sang in episode 4?! I didn't know that!

But yay! A vocal album?! I wanna nab it!!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 09:51   Link #122
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Tamayura 05 - Tamayura the Five:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 11:16   Link #123
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Hayz I haven't had the time to even see/blog episode 4 and the 5th one comes out.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 00:14   Link #124
Raiga
tl;dr

Spoiler:

Last edited by Raiga; 2011-11-01 at 23:25.
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 22:35   Link #125
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Seeing Chihiro again was great, hope she becomes a regular. Like how she made new friends. Of course her scene with Momoneko was the best.Lol another one of Kaoru's sister's expeditions. Potte's mom got even more awesome.
Old 2011-11-02, 07:57   Link #126
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So relaxing...

I too wish Chihiro could become a regular, but it's unlikely she's going to move to Takahara, sadly. At least not before she finishes high school. She got along well with the rest of the cast as expected. I didn't realize she had troubles making friends until they mentioned it in this episode. That made me feel sorry for her; her best and only friend since elementary school moved away and has found herself tons of new friends. Anybody would feel lonely. This episode set things right - now all of them are friends!

Furthermore, there is a girl in her class with similar interests who could become her friend soon, so she might not remain alone too long.

& holy cow @ Fu's mother. Never thought she used to be a biker
Old 2011-11-02, 15:17   Link #127
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
You know ... death by kawaii is steadily creeping closer and closer to me with every ep of this series I watch.

Ep 5 was great material - I am really enjoying this series....

Chihiro fit right in! And I agree - I loved the scene with Mononkeo.

I must admit though, I also was REALLY surprised at Fu's mother being a biker....

8/10 vote from me for ep 5.

Before I forget, little note I recognized on a second watching of ep 4 ... there is a scene where Norie is running through the tunnel that is supposed to grant your wish when you pass through it and she mentions something about Kao-tan and her being a mahou shoujo. That was a nod to content from the drama cd!
Old 2011-11-02, 22:07   Link #128
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Chihiro was just so cute but she did cry a lot hope to see her again
Old 2011-11-02, 23:53   Link #129
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Just noticed the info about the "vocal album" ... hmm. I guess Fuu's seiyuu has sung a fair amount (iirc - didn't she sing some for Ore no Imouto as Kirino?) ... but off the top of my head I don't know much about the other sieyuus.... Hmm.

Where is Kaoru Chujo when you need her? She could answer questions like this in 2 seconds!
Old 2011-11-03, 00:00   Link #130
sikvod00

I always thought Kaoru Chujo was male...
Anyway, this is easily the best episode for me so far because of the return of the adorable Chihiro. It doesn't hurt that she's voiced by one of my favorite sieyuss.
What a shame it looks like she won't be a regular cast member. Too bad biker mom can't "kidnap" her.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 00:13   Link #131
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I always thought Kaoru Chujo was male...
Maybe so - apologies if I made the error!
Old 2011-11-03, 18:32   Link #132
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Episode 4 didn't do much for me, but episode 5 on the other hand, was touching. Chihiro x Heroine = gives off a yuri feeling

Hope Chihiro make some friends!
Old 2011-11-04, 14:24   Link #133
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

So ... thus far the series has been focused on "expanding" the backgrounds and setting of all the characters therein and introduced a few new ones. It has made the "world of Tamayura" more detailed.

To this extent in terms of ... erm ... feel and material presented, I guess ... it is similar to the OVA's in general. [Which is fine with me, btw. ]

One character that has not been re-introduced, though, is Fu-chan's older professional photographer friend Riho Shihomi. I wonder if she or something related to Fu-chan's dad will be the "occasion" for a mini-arc story?
Old 2011-11-05, 09:06   Link #134
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
A listing for a vocal album for the series went up. Nothing's confirmed yet, but it looks like it'll feature character songs for the main players, and insert songs too. (Like marble's cover of the OVA OP from ep. 4)
I must have this! So far I'm not particularly sold on the soundtrack with the main exception being the few vocal tracks (and most came from the OVAs).

I also feel like the first couple of episodes, in particular episodes 2 and 3, failed a bit to capture in new viewers and as such I'm not surprised to see so many people thinking of dropping the show. The show in itself is already destined to target a very niche audience even in the Slice-Of-Life fans so a few weak episodes early on would have this effect. I for one am sticking with this one, haven't had such a soothing experience since I last rewatched Aria.

One thing in particular that I found disappointing is the lack of a custom OP per episode a-la-Aria but that's understandable, budget and all that.

As for the Norie/Kou/Komachi triangle I subscribe to the opinion that it went from amusing->funny->obnoxious->hilarious. These last 2 episodes just made me laugh so much. I'm loving it!
Old 2011-11-07, 10:38   Link #135
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Tamayura 06 - Tamayura the Double Feature:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 16:24   Link #136
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

While I have been impatiently waiting for ep 6 to be subbed I've been listening to the OP and ED "Single" albums ... they are very good imo.

Those who have not yet might consider giving them a try.

Edit: Hmm ... well, well, well ... an ep focusing on the past of the four main characters but centered around Maon.

One part was when Fuu-chan's father was still alive and when Maon first learned to whistle. Another part was when Maon first got to know the ever ... umm ... enthusiastic Norie thanks to Momoneko-sama. Hmm ... I wonder if there is any kind of "logic" to whose head Momoneko-sama chooses to jump on.

Maon is turning into an interesting character - and a very endearing one. I wonder what the "logic" of the directors was in introducing this angle on the characters?

I still have hopes for a "mini-arc" story to make it's appearance, but the feel thus far is very similar to Aria.... With the slices of day to day life of the main characters from time to time, showing us inside their hearts, minds and souls from time to time and from different angles.

I love this sort of stuff.

8/10 vote for ep 6 from me....

Last edited by Flower; 2011-11-07 at 19:16.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 22:34   Link #137
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow awesome how they all met when they were younger. They were even more adorable back then. Nice to see how Maon picked up whistling and how she became friends with Norie.
Old 2011-11-08, 22:45   Link #138
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Whistling back-story for the win...
Old 2011-11-09, 06:13   Link #139
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kyaaah, Maon-tan is so cute it's criminal
I feel I understand what Norie is feeling when she sees Kou a little bit more now... I would totally go Norie for Maon.

Both half of the ep were delightful, but I enjoyed the second half a little bit more. The birth of a friendship is a magical moment. The two of them, despite being so different, are surprisingly in sync.

This episode cemented Maon's position as my favorite Tamayura girl. The staff probably also has a soft spot for her as well, since they've already made two episodes centered around her. I can only hope this one wasn't the last.
Old 2011-11-09, 10:57   Link #140
sikvod00

^ More Maon would be great, but I'd also like an episode that focuses on Norie and her older brother. It's nice to know that that her over enthusiasm for Kou is not just some silly, recurring gag. This is not to say that I was annoyed by them (nothing in this show annoys me!), but now there is an actual explanation for it, and it goes back to the love-hate relationship she has with her own sibling. This actually makes her shotacon antics sweet and endearing, because now I see them as her projecting feelings she'd like to have for big brother if he wasn't an ass sometimes! Or maybe I'm reading too much into the info we've learned about Norie???

EDIT: Maon is my favorite girl, right after Chihiro. However, that's only because I'm a big Minako Kotobuki fan. =D
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iyashikei, slice of life