AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-06, 12:09   Link #1521
vas_a_morir

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Yes they are by blood. A normal brother-sister relationship. Nothing more.
Oh yeah? You never know with things like this. Like, magikano, for example, gave off some serious incest vibes.
vas_a_morir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 12:14   Link #1522
komichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vas_a_morir View Post
Oh yeah? You never know with things like this. Like, magikano, for example, gave off some serious incest vibes.
Magikano was pure-comedy, not to say that this isn't but Magikano used incest as comedy wherever this series is more about harem-romance.

Hmm... I was actually hoping for an IkutoxShinobu ending but meh... I really dislike Suzu. Hell, IkutoxTonkatsu will work for me.
komichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 12:29   Link #1523
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I just finished watching ep 26 and I have to say.

Spoiler for ep 26:
And that should have burned!!!!!
The ending was rushed and that little scene just spoilt the whole mood for me *recalls the lame departure**blood pressure rising*

I know logic has nothing to do with this series but that was just too much in terms of going OOC for ikuto >_<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 12:49   Link #1524
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And that should have burned!!!!!
The ending was rushed and that little scene just spoilt the whole mood for me *recalls the lame departure**blood pressure rising*

I know logic has nothing to do with this series but that was just too much in terms of going OOC for ikuto >_<
So you're still saying you'd take b)? I wouldn't -- too unsafe. But you get so upset about it, so I figure there must be another way of looking at it...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:51   Link #1525
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

haha - well im only so hyped up about it because i care for the characters (i guess)

And i actually think it is more unsafe for her to be left with a few hundred hot, sweaty, macho men (too much inukami i think XD)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-10-06, 13:58   Link #1526
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
So you're still saying you'd take b)? I wouldn't -- too unsafe. But you get so upset about it, so I figure there must be another way of looking at it...
The problem is, you are treating this like it was real situation and those were the only options the story had. The only reason it would have been dangerous for Iktou to bring his sister back to the island was becuase the writers wrote it that way. They could just as easily have written it so the taking her back with him was the safest thing to do.

The problem is that the writers wrote the scene such that there was no good option. The choices as they wrote it were either leave Suzu all alone or leave his sister with a bunch of half-naked men. The real bad choice was on the part of the writers who created that "no-win" situation IMO as obviously few viewers seem to have been satisfied with the ending.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 14:16   Link #1527
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
The problem is, you are treating this like it was real situation and those were the only options the story had. The only reason it would have been dangerous for Iktou to bring his sister back to the island was becuase the writers wrote it that way. They could just as easily have written it so the taking her back with him was the safest thing to do.

The problem is that the writers wrote the scene such that there was no good option. The choices as they wrote it were either leave Suzu all alone or leave his sister with a bunch of half-naked men. The real bad choice was on the part of the writers who created that "no-win" situation IMO as obviously few viewers seem to have been satisfied with the ending.
Well, I don't know... I think "few viewers are satisfied" (apparently?) more because it's cliched and open-ended, which is what I expected. I don't give them (the writers) a hard time over it because it seemed totally in character with the rest of the show on the whole. Granted they could have written the whole thing differently, but I don't see the big improvement. The closing scene was frustrating, but that's because it was supposed to be! So... I don't know... maybe it's just playing to my expectations (like, I'm on some sort of weird vibe that's in sync with the writers... scary...), or I'm just really too leniant/tolerant... who knows.

In any case, for me, it was just fun, which is what I wanted out of the show.
Old 2007-10-06, 14:50   Link #1528
-Breakthrough-

A second season is still possible. I mean in the final scene, Michiru made her only appearance so there is still hope, but who knows.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 15:08   Link #1529
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 View Post
Michiru made her only appearance so there is still hope, but who knows.
who?
Old 2007-10-06, 15:15   Link #1530
mdauben

Quote:
who?
From the ending credits of the last episode.
Spoiler for New Character:
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 15:19   Link #1531
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
who?
Quote:
From the ending credits of the last episode.
Spoiler for New Character:
Well in the manga, I think her name was Michiru as someone mentioned. She's an archer and I think shes surprisingly lazy because she gets tired easily
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 15:34   Link #1532
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Well in the manga, I think her name was Michiru as someone mentioned. She's an archer and I think shes surprisingly lazy because she gets tired easily
well that picture surely confirms that.
Old 2007-10-06, 20:19   Link #1533
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Well, I don't know... I think "few viewers are satisfied" (apparently?) more because it's cliched and open-ended, which is what I expected.
No no no no *said in bad attempt at Patty*

open-ended it might be, but not cliched. How many harem shows do you see the guy actually shooting for a harem ending? He might have gone back for Suzu, but personally I think on that island he can't avoid the full blooded rrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr ending. I just hope their is an ample supply of eels to keep his stamina up.

Now if the island needed to be repopulated then if makoto was the lead that might initially happen, but after a few pregnancies I think there would be a massive depopulation from people killing each other (him first ofc )
Old 2007-10-06, 23:18   Link #1534
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Owatta~ I thought the ending was pretty cute, it gave me a little more than I expected what with
Spoiler for just in case :):
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 02:31   Link #1535
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Is it me or did Misaki sounded kind of old? And not the tone the voice you'd expect from someone younger than Ikuto. Still cute-sounding though.

And if those men were the ones lost out in sea xx years ago, why didn't they return to Airantou with Ikuto?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 04:10   Link #1536
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
And if those men were the ones lost out in sea xx years ago, why didn't they return to Airantou with Ikuto?
Our boy wonder at no point mentioned he was on an island populated with only girls. The guys on the boat were only too happy to try to impress their prospective brother in-law and they have their own island
Old 2007-10-07, 08:32   Link #1537
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Is it me or did Misaki sounded kind of old? And not the tone the voice you'd expect from someone younger than Ikuto. Still cute-sounding though.
I did, but seen as she only had 2 lines to speak
Quote:
1) For lawls sakes

2) Reverse harem sakes

3) The are not GAR enough...(sakes)

take your pick

Old 2007-10-07, 09:16   Link #1538
Ashlotte
Clockwork

How did I just know this show was going to end in a godawful reset...Oh well already been through it with zero this season so I dont really have the energy to bitch about it in detail...

I do agree with ayako though that ikuto's imotou has probably the single most un-cute voice ever...When she was asking him to come with her I was sitting there thinking..."Hmmm would I go with the un-cute sister in the boat full of half naked guys...Or back to the island with all the cute girls...thats a toughy..."

I guess between the random new character dropped in the ending and the fact they did a reset there could be a second season, but then id have to ask myself...what for?

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 09:18   Link #1539
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I myself would have liked the option D: Convince those horny men to come with Ikuto in the island where hordes of horny women are awaiting. Now the real question is if those men would have followed Ikuto when he described the nature of the journey of going-back? Answer: Ikuto just needed to mention the following:

hordes of lonely female... *wink* *wink*

The rest would have fallen in place by itself along with a proper conclusion to this, otherwise, very pointless series.

Btw Relentless, I've subscribed to the DC II thread just because you are posting in that thread in a regular basis.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 14:06   Link #1540
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I myself would have liked the option D: Convince those horny men to come with Ikuto in the island where hordes of horny women are awaiting. Now the real question is if those men would have followed Ikuto when he described the nature of the journey of going-back? Answer: Ikuto just needed to mention the following:

hordes of lonely female... *wink* *wink*

The rest would have fallen in place by itself along with a proper conclusion to this, otherwise, very pointless series.
Now that's thinking outside the box. Well, actually, it's not very far outside the box (since they're from there anyway), but there you go. I assume the reason they didn't go with d) is simply "save some of that for the sequel!", whether that's the anime or the manga. Plus, for all the "sakes" Deathkillz mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Btw Relentless, I've subscribed to the DC II thread just because you are posting in that thread in a regular basis.
Well, thanks, though I fear I am too predictable. Me posting in D.C. threads is like... a time-honoured tradition or something! That and feel/Starchild anime... they've got my demographic pegged! Scary...

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen