AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-11, 15:39   Link #681
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Agreed, always liked Shiraishi's voice (she also does Kaede in Negima & Negima!?). .... it helps make Rin one of my favorite characters in this series.
I didn't realize she did both characters. That may be why I find both Rin and Kaede two of the more attractive characters in their respective "harems" (well, that and the fact that they both look very similar).
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 15:54   Link #682
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The Nagasarete girls are all twists on basic archetypes (just as Negima is). Whomever the casting director was for Nagasarete was lucky and inspired for a second with her
Old 2007-06-11, 16:07   Link #683
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Shiraishi is definitely marvelous, and no doubt a big part of the reason why both Kaede and Rin and among my favorites in their harems. But I loved them both in the mangas, too, so I think full credit has to go to the casting directors.

I can't really bring myself to root against either Rin or Suzu - they're both sweet as sugar and thoroughly adorable in drastically different ways. I suspect Suzu will win in the end (that's a guess and not a spoiler, as I haven't read that far in the manga) but Ikuto is a lucky boy either way.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 16:39   Link #684
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Shiraishi is definitely marvelous, and no doubt a big part of the reason why both Kaede and Rin and among my favorites in their harems. But I loved them both in the mangas, too, so I think full credit has to go to the casting directors.

I can't really bring myself to root against either Rin or Suzu - they're both sweet as sugar and thoroughly adorable in drastically different ways. I suspect Suzu will win in the end (that's a guess and not a spoiler, as I haven't read that far in the manga) but Ikuto is a lucky boy either way.
Spoiler:
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 16:04   Link #685
UPR

personally if does not end with Suzu it's a bust
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 16:52   Link #686
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Don't worry, if it's not an open ending then it'll probably be Suzu's end.
Spoiler for ep 10:
Old 2007-06-12, 17:57   Link #687
UPR

don't want a damn open end because since translation for the manga into english maybe been stalled at 24 for some time now i may never find out what happens
Old 2007-06-12, 19:44   Link #688
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
... Have you ever considered learning Japanese and translating manga you want yourself? Or if you already know Japanese, why not buy the manga if you *really* want to know what happens? Furthermore, you might want to get into fanfiction. I'm personally not into it, but fanfics people write are often stemmed because people like characters and the storyline but hate the endings to anime (a prime example for me would be Utawarerumono - love the characters, hated the ending... and much of the story too, actually).

I don't see an open ending as being bad at all, but *shrugs*, whatever, everyone has a different opinion.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 20:14   Link #689
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Heh, learning Japanese for me is not going to be cheap. Besides, I am in the middle of German right now. I gotta just wait for shows or translated manga(Not many I want to read are getting translated...boo)

Last edited by TigerII; 2007-06-12 at 20:26.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 20:18   Link #690
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
... Have you ever considered learning Japanese and translating manga you want yourself?
i am currently trying to learn japanese but learning another language after a young age (2-5) it's not easy and i should because i learned english at that age but i have other responsabilities as a freshman in college among other things
Old 2007-06-13, 01:32   Link #691
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't think he'd be happy to hear all the responsibilities some of us have and yet make the time to learn new languages

But yeah, it sucks waiting to know how something works out but people doing the scanlations are doing it for a hobby. Be aware that anime and manga storylines often diverge, especially if the manga is still in progress.
Old 2007-06-13, 07:14   Link #692
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
... Have you ever considered learning Japanese and translating manga you want yourself? Or if you already know Japanese, why not buy the manga if you *really* want to know what happens?
learning a language is not like learning 1,2,3. (Thou i wish it was the case) *looks at level 3 JLPTvocab/test* ugh...もう難しいね~

subs for ep 10 are late...pls dont tell me they have trouble subbing suzu's song -_-*...and ep 11 airs today i think? wait i think it aired already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
i am currently trying to learn japanese but learning another language after a young age (2-5) it's not easy and i should because i learned english at that age but i have other responsabilities as a freshman in college among other things
yes i think u should go on to improving your english at school instead of learning something that you do not know about on your own. Like vexx said, there are tons of responsibilities. But no, i have to say learning another language even at a later age is not hard, as long as u are commited to it and dont treat it as just a tool for listening to anime or reading manga
Old 2007-06-13, 10:57   Link #693
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Ayako's release should be out soon......I hope >.<;

And speaking about languages, I started learning english when I was 12 and I still managed to talk (almost) natively. It's just about your will to learn, and the same is going for my JP too
Old 2007-06-13, 11:11   Link #694
TigerII
Pilot in Training

If you have the will to do it, you can learn another language anytime.

I learned Spanish is school several years ago(A mix of class and friends from El Salvador-who taught me more than class :|). I am now learning German on my own. I will probably start Japanese or Russian after German.
Old 2007-06-13, 11:55   Link #695
UPR

the question isn't do i have the will becaasue i do i already know: Spanish, English, Italian, and Sign Language the question is do i have the time to learn it
Old 2007-06-13, 11:56   Link #696
zetsumei

Quote:
I learned Spanish is school several years ago(A mix of class and friends from El Salvador-who taught me more than class :|). I am now learning German on my own. I will probably start Japanese or Russian after German.
I'm trying to learn Japanese on my own at the moment too. It's a fun language to learn. Not really trying my best though -_-; Hopefully I'll find a way to motivate myself and really go for it. Not sure if it's the best language to try to self-learn though. lol.

Quote:
Ayako's release should be out soon......I hope >.<;
Me too...they're usually very fast with their sub, wonder what's up...
zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 12:06   Link #697
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Learning on your own can be good and bad. Good because you go at your own pace and level. But it can be bad if you need help and no one else knows it. Spanish was easy because I had friends who helped me(And basically taught me). German is not hard because of a Siberian friends of mine who knows German. So he helps me when I need it. Why I also am looking at Russian, since he could help me with that. I want to learn Japanese, but I would be going it alone.
Old 2007-06-13, 13:05   Link #698
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumei View Post
like i said before, they are probably taking time to sub suzu's song at the end. They don't really need to sub too much else because 80% of the conversation in this ep are the same as the manga. (OH how i wish i can help them )

I wish they can be like lucky star kind of fast. (donno if i m allowed to mention that subber but u all know which group i m talking about )
Old 2007-06-13, 15:02   Link #699
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Ep 11 RAW is up!
Old 2007-06-13, 16:25   Link #700
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumei View Post
The delay is due to this exam period, it's the end of the year after all. Also real life can be quiet annoying, you know.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen