AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-28, 23:33   Link #61
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
I was thinking, been reading James hogan books. one of them was about a group of scientist who invented a machine whic hcould send messages to the past.

This was achieved by sending "Tau" Waves, which can be picked up though time.
in the book cosmologist were able to study the universe around them, using this equipment they discovered that the ultimate entropy i.e. "The Big End" created a Tau emmission wave, that was sent forthy trillion-sqrillion-willion into the past, that caused a great explosion of matter. i.e. the "Big Bang" the end was the beginning! :O

I was thinking....maybe...Haruhi is the same? She created the universe, then she went into a sleep or something and appear a sqillion-wilion-trillion years later in human form?

food for thought
Old 2006-04-29, 17:05   Link #62
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
I'm still sticking by my wild theory that Yuki is a representative of the TechnoCore.
Old 2006-04-29, 19:16   Link #63
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I'm still sticking by my wild theory that Yuki is a representative of the TechnoCore.
baka. its not the technocore, it's the Autobots. everyone knows that.
Old 2006-04-29, 20:33   Link #64
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Not the Autobots, it's the Maximals silly! Autobots are so 1980s.
Old 2006-04-29, 21:11   Link #65
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

bah kids these days, a new slang for everything......

Old 2006-04-30, 15:42   Link #66
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
baka. its not the technocore, it's the Autobots. everyone knows that.
Someone obviously missed the two books she was reading <_<
Old 2006-05-02, 16:53   Link #67
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Someone obviously missed the two books she was reading <_<
If she was a representative of the technocore she would speak in poem with cryptic sentence that left you wondering if you're not nuts.

But if she is,does it mean that haruihi is the lord of pain?When you think about it,it's a very accurate definition of her role in SOS-dan.
Old 2006-05-02, 17:05   Link #68
tritoch

My take on the whole thing:

Haruhi created a time rift forcing the world to move into a different time space thus creating a parallel space tailored to suit Haruhi. As for Mikuru/Itsuki/Yuki, they were created as the parallel space created and Mikuru's explanation of time fits in perfectly. It's not moving but an animation of pictures. Creating the world caused pictures to be created to fit the new world.

Some anime quoted this:
"You are wrong, for the future is not a result of the accumulation of the past, and yet only if you abserve the present are you qualified to speak of the past. That is why it is in vain that we try to use the past to decide the future.~(Matantei Loki Ragnorok)

Basically, since Haruhi wished for advance beings, they appeared. =)

As for Kyon, Haruhi has feelings for him. Especially in Episode 5 when Haruhi got so jealous.

Im only basing off my assumptions from the tv series and not from the manga since i haven't seen the manga yet. T___T
Old 2006-05-02, 17:25   Link #69
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

So haruih can create a parallel world.A mix of different time-space(one with esps,another with data-lifeforms etc).But why her insatisfaction would destroy this time-space?after it's created there's no reason for it to stop exist,no?

And who the hell is Kyon,if haruihi is a sleeping god who can change everything at will,he's an anomaly.He's a variable that for some obscure reason the divine entity can't change.What does that make him?an anti-god?haruihi's negative?
Old 2006-05-02, 18:12   Link #70
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

He's human. simple as that.

There are many myths that tells of Gods/Goddess, especially (Ancient Chinese & Greek ones) interacting with humans, and if that is a smart one, they can influence them, as so much as to divert them from doing some disasterous stuff or some good things. After all, who said emotions are just a "human" thing? Even supreme beings have feelings.....

Old 2006-05-02, 18:43   Link #71
tritoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
So haruih can create a parallel world.A mix of different time-space(one with esps,another with data-lifeforms etc).But why her insatisfaction would destroy this time-space?after it's created there's no reason for it to stop exist,no?

And who the hell is Kyon,if haruihi is a sleeping god who can change everything at will,he's an anomaly.He's a variable that for some obscure reason the divine entity can't change.What does that make him?an anti-god?haruihi's negative?

I dont think Haruhi destroys any time space. Its just that time space overlaps the old space. That would explain why the the aliens, time travelers and espers can't go back more than 3 years from which Haruhi toyed with the time space since the start of their timespace begins with Haruhi's time distortion. The properties of the old time space still continues but since the two time spaces merged, some events are added like inserting page notes when you're researching a book (as Haruhi wanted it to be, and how Mikuru explained it)

Im thinking along the lines of Dual: Parallel trouble adventure. As more inter parallel time space interacts, it no longer becomes parallel but merges to form a single time space that has properties of both time spaces.

Kyon just got lucky to be loved by someone like Haruhi. =)
Old 2006-05-02, 18:51   Link #72
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Ahaha, now that Ep 5 is finally out with all 3 Introductions we can get round to the Real purpose of this thread - discussing Haruhi Ontology ^^

Ah well, good foundation laying beforehand in the previous posts I guess.

*goes off to hammer out his thoughts properly before posting*

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-05-02, 19:01   Link #73
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye
Ahaha, now that Ep 5 is finally out with all 3 Introductions we can get round to the Real purpose of this thread - discussing Haruhi Ontology ^^

Ah well, good foundation laying beforehand in the previous posts I guess.

*goes off to hammer out his thoughts properly before posting*

arrggh! noOoOOoO! flee before we all drown under Psieye babble!!

*puts a snorkel and a lifevest on and clings to a tree*

Old 2006-05-02, 19:23   Link #74
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Dude, I don't have so much time to do one of those Uber Babble posts more than once in such a short space of time ^^;; At least, not as much as I had 3 years ago on the MT SD forums...

But anyway, there shouldn't be a need to babble so much when going through the possibilities I and my friends come up with - the background theoretical descriptions were laid down by that Uber Babble previously ^^

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-05-02, 19:54   Link #75
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
He's human. simple as that.

There are many myths that tells of Gods/Goddess, especially (Ancient Chinese & Greek ones) interacting with humans, and if that is a smart one, they can influence them, as so much as to divert them from doing some disasterous stuff or some good things. After all, who said emotions are just a "human" thing? Even supreme beings have feelings.....

Yeah, just ask Keiichi Morisato.
Old 2006-05-02, 20:12   Link #76
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

From the ep5 thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
You remember Haruhi's introduction? She definitely mentioned four things: aliens, time travelers, other worldly beings, ESP. Although aliens and other worldy beings are similar; I just got to thinking that the SOS団 has Haruhi and 4 members, and she mentioned 4 beings in her introduction....
Perhaps Kyon is from another timeline, so isn't affected by Haruhi's effects on the one in which the story is set? 異世界人="people from other worlds"="sliders" Perhaps he slid over from that other timeline.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-05-02, 20:23   Link #77
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye
Dude, I don't have so much time to do one of those Uber Babble posts more than once in such a short space of time ^^;; At least, not as much as I had 3 years ago on the MT SD forums...

But anyway, there shouldn't be a need to babble so much when going through the possibilities I and my friends come up with - the background theoretical descriptions were laid down by that Uber Babble previously ^^
So it's official, Psieye is an alien/time traveller/ESPer. Onizuka-GTO I suggest you dive for cover as he may have the power to drop down large walls of text
Old 2006-05-02, 21:29   Link #78
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
From the ep5 thread: Perhaps Kyon is from another timeline, so isn't affected by Haruhi's effects on the one in which the story is set? 異世界人="people from other worlds"="sliders" Perhaps he slid over from that other timeline.
I'm also of a like mind to this theory and I'm sure it was an inadvertant slide.

And since he doesn't realize that one tree in the Amazon rainforest is missing a leaf, he goes on oblivious to his current situation.

Old 2006-05-03, 00:56   Link #79
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
From the ep5 thread: Perhaps Kyon is from another timeline, so isn't affected by Haruhi's effects on the one in which the story is set? 異世界人="people from other worlds"="sliders" Perhaps he slid over from that other timeline.
He was evidently part of the events three years ago. That was when everyone started calling him Kyon instead of by his name.
Old 2006-05-03, 01:29   Link #80
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I was thinking, been reading James hogan books. one of them was about a group of scientist who invented a machine whic hcould send messages to the past.

This was achieved by sending "Tau" Waves, which can be picked up though time.
in the book cosmologist were able to study the universe around them, using this equipment they discovered that the ultimate entropy i.e. "The Big End" created a Tau emmission wave, that was sent forthy trillion-sqrillion-willion into the past, that caused a great explosion of matter. i.e. the "Big Bang" the end was the beginning! :O

I was thinking....maybe...Haruhi is the same? She created the universe, then she went into a sleep or something and appear a sqillion-wilion-trillion years later in human form?

food for thought
The book is called "Thrice Upon A Time" ... one of Hogan's better efforts, imo. In that story, though, other timelines would often eliminate themselves when the information was sent because their past selves would change the decisions they made (also recall Ren&Stimpy's "History Eraser Button" ... "you'll never know...")
Obviously this led to great moral dilemma (which comprises the rest of the book).

The jist is that despite the infinite number of timelines appearing and disappearing, they all begin and end at the Point (two points connected by a tau emission wave). A self-contained universe which may vary infinitely within.

Haruhi (afaik atm) seems to have begun her disturbances "3 years ago" (whatever that means anymore) and I suppose it has to do with Kyon but I'll try to avoid finding out too much til the series is over

(must practice staying out of threads ... aieeeee)