AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-14, 19:06   Link #541
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Actually, that article doesn't say anything about fanservice not being targeted, while inferring that it is.
Just for the record, the point is very clear:

Quote:
Any manga, animation, or pictures (but not including real life pictures or footage) that features either sexual or pseudo sexual acts that would be illegal in real life, or sexual or pseudo sexual acts between close relatives whose marriage would be illegal, where such depictions and / or presentations unjustifiably glorify or exaggerate the activity.
Is fanservice a "sexual or pseudo sexual act" that would be illegal in real life? Does it consist of sexual or pseudo sexual act between people whose marriage would be illegal (due to their familial relations)? And, if either of the above are true, is it unjustifiably glorified or exaggerated? That's the entire expansion in scope in terms of adult materials, and there's not even a mention of generic "violence". The government already had the full authority to deem any works harmful if they felt like it, and now they expanded it to add this clarification. Shana does not qualify and more than it ever did.
Old 2011-01-17, 17:08   Link #542
scrumly1

I think the problem with law is it so frustratingly and vaguely worded that anything could be restricted or nothing. But shana is more than likely safe.
Old 2011-01-19, 03:10   Link #543
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Mmm what? I don't see how Shana can be affected for this, since it's more like sexual or adult material which one is censored and I have never seen anything like that on either novels, manga or anime.
Old 2011-01-19, 19:38   Link #544
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Mmm what? I don't see how Shana can be affected for this, since it's more like sexual or adult material which one is censored and I have never seen anything like that on either novels, manga or anime.
There have been fanservice introductions in the anime, but I believe I only saw them in the "Shana-Tan" series. There was also the "Yuji seeing Shana with barely any clothes on" scene from season 1. Nothing on my mind from season 2 and S.

Spoiler for Novel-Wise:
Old 2011-01-24, 01:12   Link #545
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

You mean the scenes at the Yuuji's room? I always thought about them as funny and not as something that deserves to be censored. And I don't really care about Shana-tan, I'm worry about the 3rd season :P
Old 2011-01-24, 06:45   Link #546
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
You mean the scenes at the Yuuji's room? I always thought about them as funny and not as something that deserves to be censored. And I don't really care about Shana-tan, I'm worry about the 3rd season :P
It may inspire precaution that they might take high-priority in trying to censor Shakugan no Shana season 3 if they saw what happened in the previous seasons and what they displayed then.
Old 2011-01-24, 16:42   Link #547
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

That's just pointless censor, from every view point...
Old 2011-01-24, 18:11   Link #548
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
That's just pointless censor, from every view point...
They may even just cut out the scene in total instead of just censoring it. It just depends on what the next action will be. But like a previous poster said, this might not even affect Shana if we are lucky.
Old 2011-01-25, 02:42   Link #549
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Nah, I think that J.C. Staff isn't so stupid to make a scene knowing that is gonna be cutted off, they may change the wearing or adaptate it to be less sugestive to the censor's eye.
Old 2011-01-25, 16:23   Link #550
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Nah, I think that J.C. Staff isn't so stupid to make a scene knowing that is gonna be cutted off, they may change the wearing or adaptate it to be less sugestive to the censor's eye.
And there you have it on how Shana is probably not going to be effected by this
Old 2011-01-25, 20:49   Link #551
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Yeah, I just got worryed when I read the words "cut off" ;P
Old 2011-02-03, 12:58   Link #552
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Censored? O RLY? SnS doesn't have any over the top material that needs censorship...
Hell. I don't think it will ever reach the levels of Yosuga No Sora, which really... BORDERS BETWEEN ECHI AND THE THING YOU ALL KNOW THAT I'M THINKING OFF.

Yeah... Why censor my dear shana? She's a loli anyways. But I liek lolis. :3
Old 2011-02-03, 13:26   Link #553
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Censored? O RLY? SnS doesn't have any over the top material that needs censorship...
Hell. I don't think it will ever reach the levels of Yosuga No Sora, which really... BORDERS BETWEEN ECHI AND THE THING YOU ALL KNOW THAT I'M THINKING OFF.

Yeah... Why censor my dear shana? She's a loli anyways. But I liek lolis. :3
Yosuga No Sora really did need censors in it.. Especially when they decided to show us those certain scenes after every girl's story so as long as they don't censor Yosuga No Sora, then there should be no reason to censor Shana.
Old 2011-04-29, 19:59   Link #554
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I am reposting this since, not everyone might check the new anime thread regularly:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
This isn't exactly a newly announced anime, but the third season of Shakugan no Shana has been confirmed for the Fall season; it starts on A-TX October 7th, MBS October 9th, and TOKYO MX October 11th.
I can't wait .
MAL
Old 2011-04-29, 20:18   Link #555
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

The poster seems to have misunderstood the scans from that website, and the website misreported what are on the scans. The scan is just saying there be an announcement for something next month, and there are no air dates for season 3 on the official site or that scan.
Old 2011-04-29, 20:44   Link #556
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
The poster seems to have misunderstood the scans from that website, and the website misreported what are on the scans. The scan is just saying there be an announcement for something next month, and there are no air dates for season 3 on the official site or that scan.
Cursed JC staff needs to just decide on the date already D:
MAL
Old 2011-04-29, 20:55   Link #557
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The third season probably isn't going to get an official date until the end of the novel series comes about.
Old 2011-04-29, 21:59   Link #558
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The third season probably isn't going to get an official date until the end of the novel series comes about.
That makes sense, but I don't really follow the novels, so I have no idea when it comes out .
MAL
Old 2011-04-29, 22:46   Link #559
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

No, if the third season is planned for this fall it should be getting announced May or June. In all likelyhood the announcement that scan is talking about is probably for season 3.
Old 2011-04-30, 01:15   Link #560
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Wasn't that announce discarded already? Marcus said that only announces that there is gonna be "big news" about season 3.

Tags
fantasy, shounen