AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-24, 23:22   Link #41
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Look at it this way... A firefighter is going up against a raging fire with a firehose that can spray at 800psi; Why would the firefighter settle for less to get the job done, like with a garden hose with more than a 100th less pressure?
Why do I feel like I'm back in algebra class... j/k

Quote:
Or an army soldier mounted on an M2 .50cal machine gun is fighting against some enemy combatants; Why would the soldier drop operation of the machine gun and fight with something smaller like an M4 assault rifle?
You do know that it is against the UCMJ (Military law) to fire a 50 cal directly at a person, but you can fire at the object near them or the vehicle they are in... if you get my drift...

Quote:
Of course therein lies the potential fault of Ikkaku in not placing priorities or holding a certain set of morals, but Ikkaku's not on the stage anymore; Komamura is...
Ikaku is a dumb shit, because if he wants to keep living to fight stronger opponents then at some point he will have to use his bankai and someone will see it. His fear of getting out from Kenpachi's skirt is pissing me off!
Old 2008-09-25, 00:16   Link #42
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

People are seriosuly under estimating Koma here .. who says he couldnt pwnd Po with his shikai alone.

Po isnt an Espada he is a fraccion in the other case of Fraccion Vs Captain , the fraccion got one shot ted i.e. Tesla . You can always say Koma isnt in the league of Kenpachi or Po is a lot stronger than Tesla . Lets start with Koma he isnt Kenpachi but he is a Captain maybe not one shot but two three shots . Regarding Po being a stronger fraccion Koma's shikai is pretty awesome .

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5885/13912rr7.jpg
Old 2008-09-25, 01:31   Link #43
iamthatguy
Banned

Koma is not really a weak captain or else Aizen would not have dodge his attacks during the end of SS arc, unlike Renji who got his shikai block by 1 hand and worse Ichigo's bankai by 1 finger.
Old 2008-09-25, 02:33   Link #44
medigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Yeah but you're wearing the 3-stars relic so spells only cost 1 mp
I thought it was called 'Celestriad' now :P
Anyway, I wonder if Barragan will send somebody elses Fraccion now, or perhaps he will fight himself
Old 2008-09-25, 02:57   Link #45
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
Kommo is one weak captain, he had to go bankai against a scrub arrancar who wasnt even an espada.
I'd rather get it over with quickly than delay it out, no pussy footing around.

I swear people just look for excuses...
Old 2008-09-25, 03:19   Link #46
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by medigo View Post
I thought it was called 'Celestriad' now :P
Anyway, I wonder if Barragan will send somebody elses Fraccion now, or perhaps he will fight himself
Yeah, me too.

But, for some reason I have this image in my head of Halibel rolling her eyes at Barragan and going "You're such a noob. See, this is why Aizen didn't put you in charge. Let my girls handle this," and then sending out her Fraccion.
Old 2008-09-25, 03:26   Link #47
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
People are seriosuly under estimating Koma here .. who says he couldnt pwnd Po with his shikai alone.

Po isnt an Espada he is a fraccion in the other case of Fraccion Vs Captain , the fraccion got one shot ted i.e. Tesla . You can always say Koma isnt in the league of Kenpachi or Po is a lot stronger than Tesla . Lets start with Koma he isnt Kenpachi but he is a Captain maybe not one shot but two three shots . Regarding Po being a stronger fraccion Koma's shikai is pretty awesome .

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5885/13912rr7.jpg
I thought Koma went bankai against Kenpachi though I'm aware that his Shikai is just a lesser form of his bankai, w/ just single body parts and not a whole giant
Old 2008-09-25, 05:18   Link #48
StoneBleach
Soulmate

This chapter do not make sense. Ikkaku is very stronger. He have a bankai. Why should he need help from komamura taichou?
Old 2008-09-25, 07:34   Link #49
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Moving on, I want to see Halibel appear out of nowhere or Stark and just pwn all the people there and leave Komamura barely standing, before attempting to destroy a tower only for the swing of her arm to be stopped by Yoruichi so it can be the cat fight of the century!

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-09-25, 09:09   Link #50
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I thought Koma went bankai against Kenpachi though I'm aware that his Shikai is just a lesser form of his bankai, w/ just single body parts and not a whole giant
If you go back and watch it again, Tousen and Koma both used shikai attacks against Kenpachi before they used their bankai's on him. Tousen called out the name of his attack but Koma is shown releasing and using some sort of attack that shakes up the area they are at (assumed to be his shikai attack).
Old 2008-09-25, 09:47   Link #51
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Ask me Koma Koma should have crushed him with a shikai

Damn right. Komamura, a CAPTAIN should NOT have had to use BANKAI on a freaking Fraccion.

Then again, this is a fraccion of one of the top three Espada, so i suppose it's not bad. This might actually be a good thing!!

See, cos if it takes a Captain to beat the fraccion, then it means that Kubo isn't going to make the Soul Soc. party run through the top three espada.

I just realized that the reason everyone is disappointed in Komamura having to use Bankai on a fraccion, is because we're so accustomed to the Espada being wipeouts, we've already estimated them to be severely weak, and all of us have already established that Soul Soc. is going to bust through the Espada.

[i]BUT WHAT IF WE'RE WRONG??!!![/B]

For once, it's just dawned on m that Kubo might actually setting up a real, dramatic, proper villain fight, with enemies that can't be beaten easily!!. What if the Soul Soc. faction is gonna lose...???

See, if it takes a Bankai to kill a fraccion, what if the level of the espada is simply above that of Soul Society??

What if Oda finally got it RIGHT???

WOW!! So COOL!!! A REAL villain fight!!! Where the villains are able to hold their own, and live up to the hyped up reputation they have!!!

The bleach battle we've been waiting for!! And the introduction of the Vaizards will be to clean up the mess that Soul Society left!!! Soul Sooiety WILL LOSE!!!

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

So we'll finally get to see the Vaizrds and ... omg...SHINJI!!!!!!!!! Imagine SHINJI IN BANKAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

sigh...

Well, here's to hoping that the espada are actually super-villain class level...

And now that I think of it, if the espada are really that good, then it means that Aizen really IS gonna be unbeatable in this arc! Wow, finally a villain that the protagonists in bleach actually cannot beat with a little hard work.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-09-25, 10:21   Link #52
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

^^^

Isn't this pretty much what everyone has been thinking all along? We all know the top 4 espada are super strong and most likely going to be shown as Vasto Lorde's. I'm not sure why this is so shocking....

I will kind of be disappointed if the Vaizards bail out SS though because they all seemed quite weak for captains and vice-captains before going Vaizard. I would still hope the top SS captains are on par with them or stronger.
Old 2008-09-25, 10:55   Link #53
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Holypanl already raised the points you have adressed here : http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Thats his shikai in which the giants HAND manifests (not completely more so ether-ally ) . And Koma's attacks in that form have intensity of the giant hand . In his Bankai form the Giant appears and attacks directly . In the anime the giant hand manifestation is not shown they have skipped that part

To be even more clear reread chapter 139
Old 2008-09-25, 13:55   Link #54
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
You do know that it is against the UCMJ (Military law) to fire a 50 cal directly at a person, but you can fire at the object near them or the vehicle they are in...
Fine, nitpick, nitpick; Guess even rhetoricals have to be grounded in reality...Replace M2 with M240, or change scenario from direct fire to suppressive fire...My general point still stands... :P

Anyway, GB is right about Komamura's shikai...I mentioned in the previous chapter's thread that shikai or bankai, Komamura's power is the same; Only difference is that shikai spawns a giant floating disembodied part while bankai spawns a full-bodied giant...The difference in power levels of the releases are probably like with a real person; Imagine the difference of simply punching someone using only your arm, and then punching someone by using the force of your upper torso to bolster the force exerted by your arm...That's probably why Komamura went bankai, to deliver a more efficient attack against Po...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-09-25, 15:21   Link #55
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
^^^

Isn't this pretty much what everyone has been thinking all along? We all know the top 4 espada are super strong and most likely going to be shown as Vasto Lorde's. I'm not sure why this is so shocking....

I will kind of be disappointed if the Vaizards bail out SS though because they all seemed quite weak for captains and vice-captains before going Vaizard. I would still hope the top SS captains are on par with them or stronger.
It's shocking because Oda, through Hitsugaya Toushiro, set up the Espada to be something REALLY big. And then he shot them down like noobfest in Call of Duty 4.

Remember, Toushiro said that: "If there currently exist even ten Vasto Lordes, Soul Society is Doomed" (ch 197, p17. Read the whole chapter for the whole explanation)

This is obviously a foreshadow to at least ten VERY POWERFUL enemies.

So with the way Grimmjow went down, and how Ulquiorra is obviously going to suffer a shameful defeat, and the other espada were crushed like nothing, we had pretty much come to see them as being ...reasonably weak.

With the advent of this new development where we find that a captain needs Bankai to defeat a Fraccion, it becomes possible to assume that all the other espada who were from 6 down were not Vasto Lordes. This means: Nnoitra was a play at showing how strong the Vasto Lordes are, seeing as even Kenpachi found it difficult just to cut Nnoitra in the beginning.

If that really is the case, then Soul Society IS doomed. If kenpachi couldn't even cut no. 5, then...Try to imagine a weak captain like...err...say Komamura...against the top three... This is gonna be awesome.

If oda plays his cards right, it will play ot to be the best fight ever in bleach. If Yamamoto is forced to join in the fight, and then midway, imagine if Aizen is released...

So that means Soul Soc's Cards are on the table. We'd have Soi Fon, Hitsugaya, Yamamoto, Kira (whom I have MUCH hope for), Shunsui and Ukitake (we all know they are strong), all taxed out by enemies they can't even CUT, and then POP...out comes AIZEN, Tousen, and GIN.

Just...wow...

But it's pretty unlikely, anyway, and me stating it is a jynx...

But I HOPE...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-09-25, 17:41   Link #56
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
It's shocking because Oda, through Hitsugaya Toushiro, set up the Espada to be something REALLY big. And then he shot them down like noobfest in Call of Duty 4.

Remember, Toushiro said that: "If there currently exist even ten Vasto Lordes, Soul Society is Doomed" (ch 197, p17. Read the whole chapter for the whole explanation)

This is obviously a foreshadow to at least ten VERY POWERFUL enemies.
It is tough to dismiss the Espada as not being something really big when we haven't seen the top 4 fight! If they turn out to be Vasto Lorde, then I think the Espada will have lived up to the original billing! Kenpachi and Byakuya are the two strongest captains we have actually seen fight and they are responsible for two of the Espada losses - I'm not so sure many of the other captains could have taken out their respective opponents.

I think you are misinterpreting the foreshadowing. I don't think that means we will actually see 10 Vasto Lorde's (maybe though). I think that statement was just meant to explain how powerful they are. If there do end up being 10 Vasto Lorde, then everything is probably doomed as they have already said!

Quote:
So with the way Grimmjow went down, and how Ulquiorra is obviously going to suffer a shameful defeat, and the other espada were crushed like nothing, we had pretty much come to see them as being ...reasonably weak.
Grimmjow went down to Ichigo, what can you say. You simply are not in luck if you are up against the main character in most cases! If Ulquiorra loses, it will hardly be shameful as he is once again going up against the main character! In my opinion, if Ulqi is a VL, then I would like this time to be used to show how powerful the VL are and have Ichigo get whooped up on. This would then set the stage for Ichigo to get his inevitable power up to take on Aizen later.

Quote:
With the advent of this new development where we find that a captain needs Bankai to defeat a Fraccion, it becomes possible to assume that all the other espada who were from 6 down were not Vasto Lordes. This means: Nnoitra was a play at showing how strong the Vasto Lordes are, seeing as even Kenpachi found it difficult just to cut Nnoitra in the beginning.

If that really is the case, then Soul Society IS doomed. If kenpachi couldn't even cut no. 5, then...Try to imagine a weak captain like...err...say Komamura...against the top three... This is gonna be awesome.
I seriously doubt that Nnoitra was a Vasto Lorde. I think he was just a very strong Espada who had the toughest skin. Kenpachi had to show off more power than usual so this shows how tough the Espada really could be if it makes Ken-chan even a little more serious.

I'm not sure how the rest of this will play out and when the Vaizards step in. Who knows what will happen when Yami reappears (stronger?), Wonderweiss shows up (potential new VL?), and Urahara and Yoruichi, etc all get in the mix.

There are still many things that can happen and questions to be answered. Will Gin or Tousen betray Aizen? Will Isshin get involved? All I know is there should be a lot happening before the end is in sight!!!

Last edited by TeNMaN; 2008-09-26 at 11:40.
Old 2008-09-25, 23:05   Link #57
Ichimaru

If Ulqi is really a VL, then ichigo has to seriously lose to really show how strong the VL are. Ichigo doesnt need another lame powerup cause his a vizard atm, which is equal to VL, all he needs to do is home in his skills.
Old 2008-09-26, 01:59   Link #58
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Koma did the right thing and ended the fight as fast as he could, besides he doesn't look like the type to play around with his enemies. Good so the question is, whats next?
Old 2008-09-26, 02:08   Link #59
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Either Barragan himself will fight, or Stark or Halibel will send in their Fraccion. That seems like it would be the most likely scenario unless Kubo actually goes back to the Ichigo v. Ulquiorra fight.

But also, IMO, if Barragan is really going to be matched up against Yama-jii as most people suppose, I don't think he will be next. If Yamamoto even fights, I'm sure it will be saved for one of the last fights.
Old 2008-09-26, 02:33   Link #60
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Thank god.Guess all captains show'd off enough and enough arrancar went down for now by cool words and attacks.I really hope we can catch a glimpse of Stark now.Im waiting for him to move since last christmas damn it.The old guy looks he is the first since he took the command.Yet still I hope Stark is the second no

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga