AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-15, 15:41   Link #1021
vuori
The red fish is wisdom

Yarr, this thread be fulla whiners. I think this is one of the most amusing newcomers of the season, however over-the-top the melodrama gets. Touya is a loser, but so is just about every other harem lead and unlike them (I'm looking at you, Saito Hiraga), he's actually getting some.

Serious bonus points for not being set in yet another nondescript high school or "academy".
vuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 15:44   Link #1022
slayer545-sama
Banned

Lightbulb yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Making out yes, fondling maybe, but going all the way there still is no solid proof.

1) He was fully clothed when he woke up
2) His first attempt with Yuki there was that little ritual of bathing before they start.
Ok all I have to say to this is that perhaps YES but also maybe not. Remember, showing this is not good for lots of anime on TV so I am convinced it will be announced by him that we did sometime in the future perhaps but who knows.

All I am saying is there is no way they just did that and Touya slept the rest in the car. Why did he sleep in the car anyways? The stalker situation was told to him by Shinozuka? Perhaps that is why but Rina now knows----->Shredded letter and Touya's confession of some promise with Yayoi. 1+1=2 I wonder about that.

All in all I think Yuki should just kill him with her somehow. Make it into a spectacular end of a guy that fails a idol and she goes BONKERS on him with a knife or gun. Who knows.
slayer545-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 17:18   Link #1023
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 11
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 19:04   Link #1024
Freeter
beyond

I LOVE this show. So random it's hilarious.

Spoiler for 11:

Jaalin from Random Curiosity needs to get on this asap, he'd have a field day with the captions.
Old 2009-03-15, 19:06   Link #1025
Raine721

Didn't RC dropped this show?
Raine721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 19:20   Link #1026
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine721 View Post
Didn't RC dropped this show?
Omni did. That's why I said Jaalin should start blogging it, since he did an awesome job with Kimikiss before leaving.
Old 2009-03-15, 19:27   Link #1027
Raine721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Omni did. That's why I said Jaalin should start blogging it, since he did an awesome job with Kimikiss before leaving.
Omni really sounds like he was about to stab this show to death rofl
Raine721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 19:54   Link #1028
SageGaiGar
You are Next

It's not to everyone's taste.

Spoiler for Touya:

I can see a parallel between Touya's efforts to keep himself busy to ignore his problems with Rina trying to help out Touya and Yuki to distract herself from her scheming backstabbing brother and her brat rivals.

I wonder where this is going.

And Psgels is still blogging this.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 22:53   Link #1029
Peanutbutter

I really LOL at the very last scene of episode 11. My expression was the same as Rina's and then I cannot stop myself from breaking out in laughter.

So far, the only redeeming elements of this series are the OP and ED. The anticipation of the new songs are what keeps me going now.

EDIT: How can I forget about Rina as well?

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2009-03-15 at 23:34.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 23:25   Link #1030
prototype_sky

Guess Rina finally had a Eureka moment connecting the dots between Yayoi and Touya. In disbelief that Yayoi beat her to the punch
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 23:28   Link #1031
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Funny episode, which means this episode was not that great. What was up with the math in the start, Yuki's dream, the scene where Touya was naked, and what was up with that pathetic crying that made me want to turn off the volume.

The only thing worth it was Rina's reaction and the Yayoi's hotness when licking Touya's tears. We need more of that action
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 00:20   Link #1032
slayer545-sama
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawgers View Post
Funny episode, which means this episode was not that great. What was up with the math in the start, Yuki's dream, the scene where Touya was naked, and what was up with that pathetic crying that made me want to turn off the volume.

The only thing worth it was Rina's reaction and the Yayoi's hotness when licking Touya's tears. We need more of that action
The scene where Touya is naked is just a symbolism of innocence. Perhaps it means that Touya still is a virgin but I think it is just a reference to purity at this stage in his life.

Yuki's dream I also believe is about losing her innocence but also it may be that of a reference to the virgin Marie's blood tears and that means sadness for love betrayal. I am thinking Yuki knowns Touya is cheating on her but she is confused at same time (the darkness around her when this scene happens). All in all should Yuki know Touya is cheating in a reality sense (Rina might tell her) then things might be even worse off.

The pathetic crying is just to show Touya is having a depression and guys can break down as well as cry during that time. Nothing more but also be aware that in the 1987 times the men are to be not crying. Only in the 1990s has it been more accepted about guys crying. Before things were not though of like because psychology always changes things with time such as proving that guys may cry thing within society.

Some of my analyzing skills and yeah I am in University. This is just for fun. To help out clear some confusion with some of my logic.
slayer545-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 02:19   Link #1033
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Rina's expression at the end of the episode was priceless. I wonder what's going to happen to Yayoi? Got caught tearing up Yuki's letter(which she didn't mean but she didn't clear that up) to by Rina. Told Yuki not to worry about the letter as well. Finally it does seem Touya give in to Yayoi as well. Talking about his friends with her and having a meeting with her as well.

I know not many people like Yayoi but licking Touya's tears and then that kiss. That was pretty hot.
Old 2009-03-16, 03:01   Link #1034
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Rina's expression at the end of the episode was priceless. I wonder what's going to happen to Yayoi? Got caught tearing up Yuki's letter(which she didn't mean but she didn't clear that up) to by Rina. Told Yuki not to worry about the letter as well. Finally it does seem Touya give in to Yayoi as well. Talking about his friends with her and having a meeting with her as well.

I know not many people like Yayoi but licking Touya's tears and then that kiss. That was pretty hot.
So far Rina is the only character that seems to have the slightest shred of common sense, so hopefully she'll kick some asses that need some kicking, namely everyone else involved But somehow I suspect they're going to take that glimmer of common sense and kick it to the curb for the drama.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 03:12   Link #1035
Argent

The kiss was hot, licking the tears was predatory. Does the frigid bitch have an agenda beyond keeping Touya distracted about Yuki?

With all the betrayals going on, especially about the letter, I'm seeing about five ways this thing blows up in the final episode and one way it blows up (cuz there's no way to stop the fireworks) but ends up with a happy romantic ending anyway. Actually there are two, but one would just make everything else about the show a pointless mess (which it might be anyway, but they don't need to point that out).

The ultimate ending would be after Rina and Yuki lose the New Years Eve battle, everyone pulls out swords and kills each other while revealing all their dark truths in a massive scene of Samurai Ultraviolence. We won't see it, but I think the fans might feel they deserve it.

Yuki's dream is about stagefright, almost the classic scene of shining a spotlight on an unprepared actor on stage, naked, with no idea of what part they are playing or even what play they are in, and all the audience is just staring at them.

The scene with Toya floating naked - essentially showing his naked soul - was hard for me to interpret. First I thought it was him in a fetal position and how his pain over Yuki's abandonment has him doubled over emotionally, but now I think it was to show how his core has been stripped bare and now he's beyond feeling - he's literally numb to the core.

All of Touya's "goddesses" have emotionally ground him to paste. He's just giving them what they want (or he thinks they want) because he's on autopilot - that's why he gave that ridiculous confession under the stage, why he doesn't push away Yayoi any longer, stays Haruka's Big Brother (albeit a neglectful one), and basically allows Rina to have her way.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the final two.
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 05:20   Link #1036
Eak
One angry cloud.

Episode 11 accomplished nothing.. haha
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 05:20   Link #1037
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 11

Oh man, this is getting harder and harder to take seriously with every episode. That scene, first with Touya crying probably the girliest tears I've seen from a male character in anime for a long time, then with Yayoi licking his tears, just completely floored me.

The thing that interested me most about this episode is that apparently Mizuki Nana said that, after this episode pretty much every female cast member disliked Touya's character even more. Mizuki Nana is proving to be awesome. A seiyuu who actually expresses her opinions! That's so refreshing.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 07:20   Link #1038
wb121

Rina's expression at the end ;;

I feel like killing Touya right now.
wb121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 07:41   Link #1039
crayven

Seriously I can't stand Misaki and Haruka anymore, they're just so boring.
crayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 08:53   Link #1040
Traece
:cool:

I've said it before and I'm going to ritualistically say it every time there's a new episode...

I only watch this show for Rina.

Plus, seriously... Touya is crying like a little baby in front of his little makeout buddy? <_< If they played these episodes and gave people no background information and just showed Shinozuka and him together, you would think he got her off the street.

Rina seems to be having a bad time right now, and probably not because of the spot she lost at the Arena. I'd be willing to think it's more because of Touya. I don't know why she cares for him so much. She must be insanely desperate. The only justification is that she never gets to see guys her age that are nice and have good things to say from time to time. You can do better Rina, lots better!

Edit: Yes this anime is very, very random. The person who wrote the scripts for this show (or the main writers, or whatever) must be really sick. Either that, or he's living his greatest fantasies through his/their anime writings. >_> A beautiful idol, a girlfriend turned idol, and a hot emotionless manager to get buzisay with. Yea-ya. Rockin', party central ova hea-ya.

Last edited by Traece; 2009-03-16 at 08:56. Reason: Randomnimity?
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen