AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-08-13, 03:39   Link #61
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
There is a chance he activated the space -time ninjutsu, phased out and crawled from beneath the rubble. maybe not likely but possible...
for all we know, the eye protected itself in self defense by going to its secret realm

i don't think tobi is obito, since when kakashi asked where he got the eye, he said he got it at the bridge, not that he was born it with

although technically the eye did activate at the bridge, so it -could- work both ways
guess we haev to wait for the mask to come off

personally i'm still voting that tobi is sasuke from a grim and bleak future
Old 2012-08-13, 05:10   Link #62
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
So Tobi's jutsu worked exactly as Sakura said it did 200 chapters ago. Well that's not something you see everyday.
LOL you said it all old man! i have nothing more to say about this chapter.
Old 2012-08-13, 06:00   Link #63
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Every jutsu has a limit, otherwise you could spam it forever and win your fights with brute force, that wouldn't be very ninja-like. Kakashi in MS mode can do his kamui a few times, but Tobi seems to be beyond Uchiha level. He doesn't need MS mode, and he can do it several times without any problems. I guess it's because his body is made from the 1st hokage's cells, similarily to Danzou's, so he is some artificially created crappier version of the sage of 6 paths.
the reason i ask is because why would there be a limit for being able to exist in a dimension that you visit and keep belongings in all the time where you go to visit. the only answer i could come up with was that if part of his body remains separated from his body in that dimension for over 5minutes, then it'll separate from his body permanently. which i actually like now that i think about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
what chapter did sakura explain the tech? Im curious to go back and re-read the chapter.
almost literally 200 chapter's ago, chapter 395: the mystery that is tobi, page 10, bottom panel

renaming the villian to trollbi, the trolling bijuu
Old 2012-08-13, 09:29   Link #64
itachi-san314

Quote:
There is a chance he activated the space -time ninjutsu, phased out and crawled from beneath the rubble. maybe not likely but possible...
that's an interesting idea. just as plausable as zetsu saving him. still, zetsu would have had to save him at some point to replace the crushed parts of his body. maybe it was both at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
i don't think tobi is obito, since when kakashi asked where he got the eye, he said he got it at the bridge, not that he was born it with

although technically the eye did activate at the bridge, so it -could- work both ways
guess we haev to wait for the mask to come off
yea, I was thinking that as well. tobi saying he got it at the bridge can be a cryptic response meaning that the eye activated there. even if not the MS, the sharingan itself definitely activated there
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 09:50   Link #65
james0246

Quote:
the reason i ask is because why would there be a limit for being able to exist in a dimension that you visit and keep belongings in all the time where you go to visit. the only answer i could come up with was that if part of his body remains separated from his body in that dimension for over 5minutes, then it'll separate from his body permanently. which i actually like now that i think about it
It's Marvel/Nightcrawler logic. Whatever is in the other dimension will eat Tobi if he stays too long...

Quote:
personally i'm still voting that tobi is sasuke from a grim and bleak future
To go along with that, maybe the dimension he teleports to is actually the future....
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 09:55   Link #66
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Those eaters didn't seem to mind Sasuke, Karin, Danzou bodyguards and Nagato's body though.
More than those arbitrary 5 minutes you got to wonder why Tobi can't keep hold of people when it's only a part of his body that change dimension.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 10:12   Link #67
WefiDasst

Quote:
Those eaters didn't seem to mind Sasuke, Karin, Danzou bodyguards and Nagato's body though.
More than those arbitrary 5 minutes you got to wonder why Tobi can't keep hold of people when it's only a part of his body that change dimension.
kinda think it's like when he has it activated he cant touch anything else. Rather then pinpointing the body part, he just phases his whole body, and what ever is being touch is sent.

Which why he can't attack and phase at the same time.
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 10:18   Link #68
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
So how did he give Nagato the Rinnegan, then?

Yeah, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
Wait so just because we now know he has obitos eye means that the person using the eye has to be obito?
Wait wait, I said the EXACT opposite. I said: "If this isn't confirmation that he is NOT Obito, then I don't know what is."
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 15:00   Link #69
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by WefiDasst View Post
kinda think it's like when he has it activated he cant touch anything else. Rather then pinpointing the body part, he just phases his whole body, and what ever is being touch is sent.

This could be it, but something that has always bothered me was his clothing too. That and (if he ever held his big fan thing while phasing), would show that he could infact hold stuff while using the jutsu
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 15:16   Link #70
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by WefiDasst View Post

The whole thing doesn't make sense, that's also why Sakura's explanation seemed stupid at the time
If he sends to another dimension only part of his body then why can't he use the parts that are in this dimension?
If part of his body is elsewhere why doesn't the blood just leak out of it
What is this mathematical precision of being able to send dynamically overlapping body parts into another dimension?
Why are the relative coordinates of that other dimension the same as this one, that is the stuff that Kakashi sent over appeared at the same relative places that it was in this world (relative to Tobi's position). And if so how can Tobi teleport to other places in almost zero time if he is using the same jutsu and in his own dimension the relative distance is the same then it should take him the same long time. Unless when going to his dimension he can also displace himself to another coordinate. Or a mathematically more funny explanation is that he can scale his dimension's coordinate system so that 100 miles in our world becomes 10 meters in his and then he can just make a few steps, then scale back the world and then reappear here
So let's just say it's pure magic

BTW Tobi is lucky that he was not hanging out in his secret dimension when Kakashi sent the exploding Deidara-clone there Kakashi wouldn't even know that he saved the world accidentally
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 15:18   Link #71
Sasheks

Quote:
Maybe he can only teleport one person at a time, meaning that if he only leaves his hand materialized he has to concentrate on keeping the other part of his body intangible. Perhaps if he tries to suck in someone while only his hand is tangible, it might come off.
Old 2012-08-13, 17:08   Link #72
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If the "Kamui dimension" for lack of a better term, is a parallel dimension, it's quite logical to assume that the location in that dimension corresponds to the same location in the normal dimension.

..I think. I'm not 100% sure of this I'd re-read the chapter with the kunai.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 17:14   Link #73
Casshern

I don't think Tobi being Obito would be a boring outcome. Predictable and maybe cliche, yes, but not necessarily boring. I'm really liking the Tobi/Kakashi exchanges right now, which sound a lot like Tobi is speaking from Obito's viewpoint. So I would like it if Tobi's character turns out to be at least in-part Obito. Tobi should Edo Tensei Rin, just to really screw with Kakashi's head.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 18:06   Link #74
Lunarskylar

tobi's probably one of the greatest actor's in the shinobi world, it's hard toimagine that 4 years ago, he was the goofy, deidara-sempai!!! breakout character of akatsuki

now he's all brooding... and 'i don't want to be anyone' and 'words from someone like you mean NOTHING'

i haven't seen this much change since gaara... or psycho sasuke
Old 2012-08-13, 20:57   Link #75
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
All this time, I just realized that having Obito's eye wouldn't necessarily mean that Tobi is Obito, just as a Shroedinger's paradox could possibly leave Kakashi to be Obito himself with the same eye (Highly unlikely, probably improbable, but for the point of theoretical argument, just let me roll with it)...But I'm also not really convinced that Tobi is Obito, even with the implication the memories are supposed to serve, since Tobi had intimate knowledge to pass for a Madara persona, and we now know Tobi isn't Madara either...Could even just be chalked up to psychological warfare, using whatever facts known about Kakashi against him to mentally unnerve him, since it's not like Kakashi's life after that incident was a secret...

Whereas people like Naruto and Sasuke have their symbolic connections to the Sage of Six Path's two sons, I almost feel cynical enough to believe that in the end with all personas stripped away, Tobi really should be, for all practical reasons, nobody...Just like he said; No connections to any pre-existing people, not even the identity of a pre-existing person, nothing...Might undermine his motives and knock him down a slight notch in the threatening level, but of all the lies Tobi went on in the past, this truth would seem the most interesting to me...

That aside, I wonder what would prevent Tobi from hiding in the void for longer than 5 minutes...Probably isn't good for his health, like staying around a black hole for any measurement of time, I guess...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 21:37   Link #76
Uberchu

It's so obvious that Tobi is Obito that it hurts. Naruto isn't the series with twists like that. Also, I heard we get a double chapter this week since we skipped one last week. Is that true?
Uberchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 23:04   Link #77
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

A "double chapter" means that you get one instead of two. In other words no chapter until the 22nd.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 00:08   Link #78
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
that's an interesting idea. just as plausable as zetsu saving him. still, zetsu would have had to save him at some point to replace the crushed parts of his body. maybe it was both at the same time?
On the color page with Tobi....the different color on the shoulder and forearm is torn sleeve right?
Old 2012-08-14, 00:34   Link #79
itachi-san314

Quote:
On the color page with Tobi....the different color on the shoulder and forearm is torn sleeve right?
I think so. it looks more like a clothing rip than a different color pattern of skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The whole thing doesn't make sense, that's also why Sakura's explanation seemed stupid at the time
If he sends to another dimension only part of his body then why can't he use the parts that are in this dimension?
If part of his body is elsewhere why doesn't the blood just leak out of it
What is this mathematical precision of being able to send dynamically overlapping body parts into another dimension? ... So let's just say it's pure magic
you're right about this, but what's the point? the whole series is magic. try making sense out of edo-tensei zombies having unlimited chakra or summoning jutsus or eating wads of clay with your hand mouths and spitting out bombs, or turning yourself into a living stick that can control puppets with chakra strings. it's all nonsense and tobi's ability is no exception, just new in it's explanation (well as Hunter pointed out it's not that new an explanation) it wouldn't have been as dumb if kakashi and naruto weren't there when sakura said it the first time
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 01:05   Link #80
Sharinnengan

Just like itachis sharingan, each eye poses a certain special ability. With his left eye, he could use Tsukuyomi,and with his right eye he could use Amaterasu. Tobis right Sharigan can use Space–Time Ninjutsu and you guys know what tobi is capable of doing with space time ninjutsu. Kakashis Sharingan can perform Kamui, a technique that sucks anything within a small area to another dimension. So if tobi is able to obtain kakashis left sharingan he would be unstoppable. Im surprise he hasn't done it yet. Tobi has Obitos right sharingan, and i believe tobi is Obito! just like orochimaru can use Immortality Technique to transfer his soul to another person i think tobi did the same to Obito.
Sharinnengan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion