AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-11, 11:30   Link #201
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I had forgotten why I enjoyed tank destroyers so much until this game a few minutes ago.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

*Fist pump*
If you love the T18, wait till you get the T82. Get the 105mm Howitzer for it and blow up everything with no problem

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 11:34   Link #202
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Its also pretty fast which really helps getting into a good position quickly at the start of a match.

<3

I was actually going to skip the T82 and go straight for the M8A1, do you think i should hold off for it or just go with the T82 ?

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 11:45   Link #203
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

IMO the T82 is much more fun. M8A1 is like playing with the Churchill that has paper armor. High pen and rate of fire, but very weak gun. Its speed is good, though.

T82 literally one-shots anything at its tier. Even 1 tier above it.
Old 2012-11-11, 11:45   Link #204
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I was actually going to skip the T82 and go straight for the M8A1, do you think i should hold off for it or just go with the T82 ?
There's really nothing wrong with either approach, as it's more up to your preference. Haven't tried the M8A1 myself, but if you like having a turret I guess it's best to go that route instead of going through the T40.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-11-11, 12:16   Link #205
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

IMO T18 > T28. that frontal armor is too good for it's tier

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 12:53   Link #206
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Well I've just bought the T28 as I'd already researched it a while back, It seems pretty weak armor wise but I'll see how it goes when I pick up the 105 howie and if its good enough I'll probably use it until I have enough credits to move up the foodchain.

I figured the M8A1 would be more versatile than the other TD in that tier seeing as it has that turret but if it has a poor gun then I'll likely skip it too or just use the cash to buy the British valentine like tank instead.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 18:19   Link #207
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

FINALLY!!

Spoiler for Panzer IV:

I am very happy.

Yes, I know its not the best tank, yes I know it will be blown apart by Tier 6 & above... but damn, its sexy and thats all there is to it.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 18:25   Link #208
Sumeragi
Banned

Got to Pz III/IV and StuG III. First objectives completed.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 12:23   Link #209
Tak

Must say I had a lot of fun with the Panzer IV. I know they nerfed it since 8.0 but that didn't bother me. To mount that huge gun would have required a ridiculous looking turret, and I didn't want a ridiculous turret. I like how my machine looks like now

That being said, while I cannot stand pound for pound against tier 6 ~ 7 vehicles, I can still be a significant threat using my speed, size and maneuverability hitting their weaker points. I know I immobilized a lot of Tigers just by hitting their tracks.

Boy, this is way fun

But if I had a complaint, its the fact that the tank is too light-gray. I expected darker. I hope in future patches they'd introduce a color palette for your tanks.

Anyway, a clan is about to be started and an emblem is being created as we speak. If anyone else want to join, come check us out over here

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-11-12 at 12:43.
Old 2012-11-12, 13:25   Link #210
Blaat

Finally managed to reach Tier 4 but holy crap the grind for my Panzer IV and Sherman will be long and painful.
Old 2012-11-12, 13:34   Link #211
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Finally managed to reach Tier 4 but holy crap the grind for my Panzer IV and Sherman will be long and painful.
I feel you. My Pz38tna was a joke of a vehicle. Its a good scouter, but even with its largest gun, the 5cm, the vehicle cannot expect to penetrate anything save for other vehicles in the same category. It does look sleek, though.

While a tank destroyer of tier 2 can already mount the same gun...

Best bet is to use it as a scouter and nothing more. On an one vs one battle against anything, the Pz38tna struggles greatly.

Yeah, I spend more time getting my butt blown to pieces than actually killing stuff. The grind was indeed very very hard, but hey... once you get to tier 5, be that Panzer IV or Sherman, you'd feel empowered. Especially with all appropriate upgrades.

Oh, and whats your ingame ID?

- Tak

Old 2012-11-12, 13:52   Link #212
Blaat

I'm on the European servers.

And yes the Pz38tna is awful, I kind of liked the Pz38t especially when you get the final gun (I could hit and kill things) but now I'm not hitting nor killing anything (and that's only best way you can get research points) I kind of wish research points would carry over. I have 2k research points on my Leichttraktor
My tactic now is to follow the heavy tank and use it as a shield.

Saw something amusing today: a light tank was literately driving circles around a heavy tank and the heavy tank's turret couldn't hit it. Of course the light tank wasn't doing any damage but still it was funny to watch.
Old 2012-11-12, 13:58   Link #213
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You're going through the Lee? My condolences.

Seriously though, ingame the Lee is not something anyone would be proud to call "Good". It doesn't have the advantages that medium tanks are supposed to have (turret combined with mobility) nor does it have the advantages that tank destroyers are supposed to have (good AT guns), and yet it has the disadvantages of both classes, with the worst offender being the limited traverse gun and high profile.

Still, the Lee can be deadly if you use it as a TD: staying behind and using that 75mm to dish out damage. In everything else though, the Lee is a very mediocre tank, making the grind to the top difficult.

Old 2012-11-12, 14:01   Link #214
Sumeragi
Banned

Use the TD advantage of the frontal armor. That is the main good point of the Lee.
Old 2012-11-12, 14:35   Link #215
Tak

Quote:
I'm on the European servers.
Doesn't stop you from creating an account on the US server and play with the rest of us!!

Join us, we are fun!

- Tak

Old 2012-11-12, 14:48   Link #216
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oh hells yeah.. Whee, finally a decent game! Rolling with the SPG!

Spoiler for Bring down the heavens!:

Outlook calls for .. ROLLING THUNDER!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 15:00   Link #217
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

when is the best way to spend 100K 75% crew?

i am planning to take both Pz II -> Wespe route and PzKpfw II -> Pz III

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 15:40   Link #218
Tak

I personally wouldn't spend them on tanks tier 3 ~ 4. I spent it on a tier 2 because its a decent money maker that won't get you into stiff competitions But Tier 3 ~ 4 are pretty much mobile target practice and exist only to get you to Tier 5, at least for me, so I never bothered training the crews. Once I had the xp and spent it on the tank I wanted, I sold the vehicle and crew immediately.

Oh and RRW, we also need your attention here.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-11-12 at 15:59.
Old 2012-11-12, 16:22   Link #219
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I would spend the money for a 75% crew only on special tanks. Like the line from Pz III onwards. When you elited the PzIII at least you will have close to 100% when you research the Pz III/IV, and then it gets better one you elited the 3/4 at least you will running on your crew for their 2nd skill.

I have my Panzer IV crew with 1 skill because I changed crews, and I moved the original crew (with 2 skills) trought the VK 3001 (H) to get the Panther (only need 4k more exp).
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 16:46   Link #220
Sumeragi
Banned

I have only two crews: The medium and the TD. Currently the TD will fight only in the StuG III, while the Medium will be getting their first skill by the time they move from the Pz III/IV to the VK 3001 (H).

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks