AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 01:20   Link #1221
kakakka

I also see Age 3 in episode 29 of spoiler pics from other site. I hope we get to know more about the info.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 01:48   Link #1222
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
As far as names go, the only familiar ones appear to be Asuno and Gunhale. Everyone else appears to be completely unrelated to the current cast. That might feel a bit jarring.

Also that topknot on Flit looks ridiculous.
Really? I thought he looks awesome aside from the coat, which is just okay. Prefer his military uniform and his other clothes more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I also see Age 3 in episode 29 of spoiler pics from other site. I hope we get to know more about the info.
That sounds good, cos we don't have to wait a bloody month from the arc start this time around.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:55   Link #1223
PzIVf3

Oops is not Disband. I think its Earth forces begin Invasion of Mars. (I need to study more)

Edit: Taken from another forum

Quote:
Episode 29: Granpa's Gundam

Kio, Asemu's 13 year old son, is living in Oliver Notes (” Oribānōtsu”), a town on Earth, when Vagan attacks the town. On the same time, Lord Ezelcant, leader of Vagan, announces the beginning for Earth's invasion. With the emerge of this crisis, Flit and Kio engage the new Gundam, "AGE-3"...

Episode 30

While the battle on the village rages on, Flit orders Diva, with stays on nearby base, to depart immediately.
So that mean Woolf is dead and Asemu is ... missing in action?

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2012-04-07 at 03:40.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 01:57   Link #1224
Dr. Casey

Quote:
... showing Kio and Flit but not Asem does not bode well for Asem.
Yeah. :/ Shame, I was wanting to see a picture of Asemu in his early 40s. If he does die and Kio is raised by Flit, I wonder how they'll get along... judging by how sweetnatured Kio appears to be, it seems that Flit's bitterness hasn't corrupted his grandson.

Very, very cool picture, though. Flit strikes a fairly good appearance for his mid-sixties, though he does of course look much older and worse for the wear than in Generation 2... the third generation's really going to capitalize on some of the aspects that have always fascinated me most about the series, watching the characters grow up and grow old. Yunoa's grown up to become pretty much a carbon copy of her mom, I actually thought she was Emily at first (Though that would be a pretty ridiculously youthful 64 year old).

And yes, I'm glad the third generation starts so soon. The sooner the next arc starts, the better. ^^ (Not that I'm not enjoying generation 2 a lot, but I'm eager for the next timeskip.)
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 01:57   Link #1225
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

EDITED: No longer needed

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2012-04-07 at 03:23.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 03:08   Link #1226
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Oops is not Disband. I think its Earth forces begin Invasion of Mars.
Sounds damn cool. Assuming a 50 episode run, this sounds like a good time to start it, not being too late that is.
Old 2012-04-07, 03:16   Link #1227
Dr. Casey

Are there any translations yet for the episode 29 and 30 synopses?
Old 2012-04-07, 03:25   Link #1228
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Invasion of Mars sounds really neat. It'd be cool to see last generation taking place there.
Old 2012-04-07, 03:32   Link #1229
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Huh, so apparently the 2nd Generation ends on the 28th episode. That's actually much sooner than I had expected, since I thought they might have it end on 30 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Kio, Flit, Yunoa and two new characters:
Have to say, I first thought that the new characters were the Asuno's extended family (via Yunoa) until I realized that they all had different last names. Then I realized that Yunoa was still an Asuno, which made me raise an eyebrow for a while ...
Quote:
... showing Kio and Flit but not Asem does not bode well for Asem.
Unless Kio had been in cold sleep for a long time (an unlikely scenario, though plausible since it seems like they will be going to Mars?), or Asem had been killed off screen (unlikely) the timeline wouldn't make sense. Kio is going to be 13 years old when the 3rd Generation stars, which is going to be 25 years after Asem's. My guess would be that they are just trying to make it more suspenseful by leaving his fate up in the air as much as possible.

Now it could really be Asem dieing off in episode 28 leaving a pregnant Romary with Kio who once he turns 13 goes with his grandfather on a mission to invade Mars and gets put into hibernation for 12 years,, but that doesn't really seems likely or intone with the show so far (yes I know that show had it's dark moments, but this really doesn't seem to be something I think they can pull off well)
Quote:
As far as names go, the only familiar ones appear to be Asuno and Gunhale. Everyone else appears to be completely unrelated to the current cast. That might feel a bit jarring.

Also that topknot on Flit looks ridiculous.
Well, there is also Madorna as well, but yeah the all new cast doesn't really look that promising ...

I have to admit, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I have to admit, it's pretty hilarious to look at, but it does give him some Wing-Gundam designer quality, so I guess it's okay. The design would look much better without tho (Flit makes for a pretty cool looking grandfather)

In other news, we also get to see Flit & Emily during their mid Gen. 1-2 years:

Spoiler for 20ish year olds? :
Old 2012-04-07, 03:35   Link #1230
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Since the Gunhale child still has the name, I wonder if she has a brother. If it was her child, she couldn't keep the last name.

Unless she pussy whipped her husband.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-04-07, 04:06   Link #1231
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Found these translations at 4chan.

Quote:
Episode 29: Granpa's Gundam

Kio, Asemu's 13 year old son, is living in Oliver Notes (” Oribānōtsu”), a town on Earth, when Vagan attacks the town. On the same time, Lord Ezelcant, leader of Vagan, announces the beginning for Earth's invasion. With the emerge of this crisis, Flit and Kio engage the new Gundam, "AGE-3"...

Episode 30

While the battle on the village rages on, Flit orders Diva, with stays on nearby base, to depart immediately.
Old 2012-04-07, 04:33   Link #1232
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Flit looks badass.
And there is no way Asem is going to die, but they are probably keeping it vague to keep this arc's finale more interesting.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 04:40   Link #1233
PzIVf3

I recognize that infra red goggles somewhere.

PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 06:04   Link #1234
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
Flit looks badass.
And there is no way Asem is going to die, but they are probably keeping it vague to keep this arc's finale more interesting.
Well, we already know he's not going to die in this arcs finale because, you know, it's hard to have a child when you're dead.

Asem's whereabouts will probably remain a mystery in the new arc, but I doubt they kill him offscreen which is what would need to happen if he's truly dead in Kios arc? Maybe he just decides to stay as far away from the military as possible
Old 2012-04-07, 06:21   Link #1235
solidvanz
Special Operative

Spoiler for Kio arc's characters:
Old 2012-04-07, 08:15   Link #1236
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm perplexed that we have another Gunhale, but we've already seen Arisa, who you'd expect to lose her last name once she got married.. Unless Dique has a son off-screen or something (which I wouldn't put past this show), and this new Gunhale is related to that theoretical sibling instead.
Old 2012-04-07, 08:24   Link #1237
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Since the Gunhale child still has the name, I wonder if she has a brother. If it was her child, she couldn't keep the last name.

Unless she pussy whipped her husband.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Sure she can, women can choose to not change their family name, and even have their offspring's carry them.

Unless of course Asem goes on a pity-sex mode where he sleeps with everything that moves after Wolfs death at the hand of his lover Zeheart and ends up having to kill him as payback. Would explain the increase in the blonds ...

But seriously though, it's likely there is no father or she had him marry into her family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Well, we already know he's not going to die in this arcs finale because, you know, it's hard to have a child when you're dead.
Hard, but not impossible. For when there is a will, there is a way

All what they have to do is just preserve the body for a while, possibly in a cold controlled condition, then when the time is right they warm him up, electrocute him, have Romary do her thing, and boom. Instant 3rd Protagonist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Asem's whereabouts will probably remain a mystery in the new arc, but I doubt they kill him offscreen which is what would need to happen if he's truly dead in Kios arc? Maybe he just decides to stay as far away from the military as possible
That or this could be another bait and switch like with everyone thinking that Zeheart was Wolf's son/himself being a Vegan spy/killed/whathaveyou when the first images of the 2nd Generation first showed up. I say that we wont know for sure until we come closer to the end of the month ...
Old 2012-04-07, 13:50   Link #1238
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

are we in for a massive kill-em-all finale to gen 2? Oh how I wish it so!

woolf, millais, all the bridge crew on the diva, the worthless pilots, maybe even Asemu? hahaha /cross fingers
Old 2012-04-07, 14:20   Link #1239
Dr. Casey

I wouldn't mind Desil getting knocked off, since I don't care for his new character design (He looks pretty rough for only being around 30 years old) and he's become approximately 100% less interesting than he was as a child.
Old 2012-04-07, 14:52   Link #1240
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Obright's practically done nothing but paint targets on himself, Max seems a bit of a butt monkey but I guess that makes him like Largan in a sense, so he has some better chances of survival than Obright... Woolf's been way too awesome a mentor, so he probably won't make it. Arisa's guaranteed to survive at this point... the only way the bridge crew would bite it at this point would be to have them raid a base like last time, since we know the Diva won't be destroyed in this generation either...