AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-13, 11:38   Link #301
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

the waves get bigger and much more difficult -> It depends on the time , if we take too much time to take the cans and fill them , sure you'll be surprised

In SP Expert Realism mode you can forget , cuz it's impossible .
If you play in MP expert realism , it depends on your teamate , no one should shoot on a teamate cuz it'll slow you , specially when zombies spawn next to you .
"So I just went and got the cans and then threw them right next to the cars"
Yeah but don't do it alone , you must be 2 to take cans and 2 who protect you then if you want to be alone for the 2nd floor you can go , it's easy cuz zombies will attack your 3 friends down . You'll meet a few zombie .
If you do it good then it's ok . But don't take it easy , it's not Advanced
Expert Realism is insane .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 11:51   Link #302
kssael
Don't say "Crabcore"!

Summon first a small batch of Special Infected before scavenging the gas cans in the area. Find many Bile Jars as possible and throw them to drive away the Horde. If you're in Multiplayer mode, don't let them kill the Horde fighting in a cloud of bile. I also do the "toss the gas cans towards the side of the car" technique.

Note that Expert Realism requires ALL 13 gas cans rather than the usual 8!
Old 2010-01-13, 15:33   Link #303
Alchemist007
*Author

Usual? I thought it was 13 in every mode...
Old 2010-01-22, 04:01   Link #304
kssael
Don't say "Crabcore"!

Regardless of difficulty: 8 for AI's only in Single Player. 13 in ALL modes.
Old 2010-01-24, 03:23   Link #305
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
-> People Feel free to post your steam and GT here , if you wanna play with people on the forum <-
gt: MarinaJune

Just recently got into this game and am loving it so far. Started testing out versus and scavenge, so I'm not too experienced with those yet.
If interested, just let me know we're animesuki comrades and I'll be up for a game.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 04:50   Link #306
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
gt: MarinaJune

Just recently got into this game and am loving it so far. Started testing out versus and scavenge, so I'm not too experienced with those yet.
If interested, just let me know we're animesuki comrades and I'll be up for a game.
You play on steam?

Oh wait, you are connecting from US. The last time I played with Alchemist I lagged so much and kept getting decap. Haven't played GT yet.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 09:19   Link #307
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I've finished 3 campaign so far with my mates at the cybercafe since internet connection here is too shitty to play online.

Dead Center last stage made us replay a few times but after awhile, we figured out that it would be better if we collect and just throw all the petrol cans downstairs before refilling it was the best way to go. The waves usually comes at a certain fuel point. The last wave with the 2 tanks and a charger wipe out most of us (only i got away in time since i was the refilling guy).
Old 2010-01-25, 14:13   Link #308
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You play on steam?

Oh wait, you are connecting from US. The last time I played with Alchemist I lagged so much and kept getting decap. Haven't played GT yet.
I sometimes play on steam w/ bf's account: Doppler. And yeah, connection can be pretty shitty up here in Alaska.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I've finished 3 campaign so far with my mates at the cybercafe since internet connection here is too shitty to play online.

Dead Center last stage made us replay a few times but after awhile, we figured out that it would be better if we collect and just throw all the petrol cans downstairs before refilling it was the best way to go. The waves usually comes at a certain fuel point. The last wave with the 2 tanks and a charger wipe out most of us (only i got away in time since i was the refilling guy).
The tanks seem to trigger after 6 and 12 cans have been filled. I usually do the same method of just throwing all the cans down to the 1st level before filling, though I have been with some pretty good teams who can handle filling the gas gradually. One of my favorite levels.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 15:57   Link #309
Alchemist007
*Author

The tank triggers after a time interval, not from cans. I once finished it before the tank even came.
Old 2010-01-27, 07:55   Link #310
plmko

I'm starting to feel that L4D2 is quite easy and just beating Swamp Fever on Expert Realism with my friends in 1.45hrs is a testament to that.

Is it just me or is it really easy to counter-punt hunters and Jockeys?
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 12:10   Link #311
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I didn't play this game since 2 weeks .
I'm enjoying L4D2 , L4D1 is the past for me , i'm waiting for "The passing" and for Valve's promise about create custom infected/zombies/weapons etc ....
Well , L4D1 was strategic too .

For Swamp Fever , this campaign is the easiest one with Hard Rain on the top .
Took me 45mn for Hard Rain .

Here my top map's diffilculties :

- Dark Carnival
- Dead Center
- The Parish
- Swamp Fever
- Hard Rain
Old 2010-01-27, 17:29   Link #312
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
Is it just me or is it really easy to counter-punt hunters and Jockeys?
It is, but it's really nothing new...I've had an instinctive reflex since the first Left 4 Dead to melee spam as soon as a Hunter takes flight for a pounce, and it repels them every time (Granted you're facing towards the Hunter, anyway), making them vulnerable when they stumble backwards...

I don't know if it works with the Jockey, but if the play for the Hunter and Jockey is similar, I think the repel would work just the same...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 20:37   Link #313
Xion Valkyrie

Hmm, I'm actually finding L4D2 a lot harder than L4D. I don't think I've beaten a campaign on expert yet =/
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 23:11   Link #314
Alchemist007
*Author

The thing that makes it harder is the length of the levels.
Old 2010-01-28, 06:39   Link #315
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , i still think L4D2 is harder than L4D with thoses many events .
Otherwise , L4D2 expert seems a bit easier than L4D .(Maybe not , it's a feeling)
Old 2010-01-28, 07:45   Link #316
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
question guys!

what's the code for versus mode in L4D2?

I see no versus map when I type /map..

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 09:19   Link #317
plmko

Quote:
Here my top map's diffilculties :

- Dark Carnival
- Dead Center
- The Parish
- Swamp Fever
- Hard Rain
Personally I would rank from Top to bottom, hardest to easiest in Expert realism.

- The Parish - The bridge ending alone is enough to destroy you in Expert Realism.
- Dead Center - 2nd level is damn long and the shopping mall alarm has too much horde.
- Swamp Fever - No glow around team mates and boomer biled zombies means tanks and zombies can ambush you quite easily, especially at the finale.
- Hard Rain - Its hard but its short. The events make it so fast paced you'll be forgetting your being horded.
- Dark Carnival - Whats so hard about this? Its linear and finale you can just camp, too easy.

Really when I list the difficulty, everything is actually in fact easy, except for the Bridge Finale which can literally be cheap as the AI infinite zombie spawns you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
It is, but it's really nothing new...I've had an instinctive reflex since the first Left 4 Dead to melee spam as soon as a Hunter takes flight for a pounce, and it repels them every time (Granted you're facing towards the Hunter, anyway), making them vulnerable when they stumble backwards...

I don't know if it works with the Jockey, but if the play for the Hunter and Jockey is similar, I think the repel would work just the same...
Yeah but when I mentioned easy punt, I meant literally "oh a hunter [melee] and its down", not even spamming although that'll work.

Jockeys are very similar to Hunters, however with no charge time and their short pounce distance they can be a little more tricky. Not saying much though.
Old 2010-01-28, 11:02   Link #318
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
question guys!

what's the code for versus mode in L4D2?

I see no versus map when I type /map..
Don't know what you mean .
Old 2010-02-02, 07:12   Link #319
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
The thing that makes it harder is the length of the levels.
L4D2 is a bit harder cause of the new mechanics, hit switch at Point A then rush to Point B while being swarmed constantly by zombies and oh, the Jockey zombie.

Bloody thing got on me a few times and drove me out of my teammates' LOS while we were defending against a horde. Even drove me into a witch one time
Old 2010-02-02, 12:06   Link #320
plmko

Quote:
Don't know what you mean .
He's referring to commands in the console menu where by typing specific words will give you a list of related commands. By typing versus in the original game, you could load up any versus map you want without lobby.

Although most of the people who do this are either Lan players or pirates.

Tags
fps, valve, windows, xbox360, zombie