AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-27, 23:52   Link #1041
Xion Valkyrie

Anyone else think Togashi was channeling Junji Ito on the page where the butler asks to be a billionaire?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 00:07   Link #1042
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Something that got me thinking..

did Alluka not pester her parents because she knew the price would kill them?
Was it possible that that the butler that was supposed to receive the pestering of Alluka after the wish be connected to the one who made the wish? Illumi did mention 'lover.'

It's hard to tell though, because it can really work either way. One being that the ability's a bitch in that a complete stranger has to potentially shoulder their life for someone else's wish, or potentially that you can't escape the karma of your wish.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 00:29   Link #1043
Key Board
Carbon

I had the impression that it was his girlfriend who made the billionaire wish.

Illuki did imply that he would forgive them both if he passed this assignment.

I don't know, however, if it was his failing to fulfill the Alluka's pesterings that killed 87 people; of if it was another wish.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 03:31   Link #1044
upiro

What a creepy chapter! When Alluka's eyes and mouth turned black, s/he looked really disturbing.

I didn't get the impression that s/he was asking for those 'conditions' consciously though. It seemed like s/he was compelled to ask for something of similar magnitude because of the restrictions on her nen or something else. While I would stay as far away from her as I possilby could and can understand why s/he was locked up, I wonder if s/he's really a cruel 'monster'. I can sort of understand why Killua would disagree with his dad.

Next chapter will hopefully provide us with a better sense of what type of person Alluka really is ...
upiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 05:29   Link #1045
christinemarie
Crazy One

Alluka! Finally a real loli girl in Hunter x Hunter universe.
I hope she's a young Yandere. Jigoku Shoujo meets Full Metal Alchemist.
But this could be resolved later. If this sequence would happen.
1. She steps out of that vault as the first price and never return again on the vault, since she needs to get out of there to meet Gon.
2. Killua becomes her slave as the second price which he accepts.
3. Upon seeing Gon, as the final price to make Gon back to normal, Alluka asks for Gon to be her boyfriend, which Killua would have trouble to deal with.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 07:38   Link #1046
mrShady

If the billionare wish cost that many people their lives and had these impossible conditions, I don't think the healing of Gon is going to be much better. Probably a whole lot worse since Gon's condition is the side effect of a huge power boost.

Also wasn't Milluki the one who made the pc wish and only that wish needs it's conditions fulfilled? Or is there something else going on and Illumi was actually the one who made a wish and wants to stop his sister before he's either found out or before Killua get's the brunt of his wish side effects.
Sounds interesting either way.

Still a really weird and vague ability
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 07:41   Link #1047
Clarste
Human

The wish that Killua asks for doesn't necessarily need to be a full cure. It could just be asking how to cure it, which would presumably be cheaper.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 07:45   Link #1048
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Was it possible that that the butler that was supposed to receive the pestering of Alluka after the wish be connected to the one who made the wish? Illumi did mention 'lover.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I had the impression that it was his girlfriend who made the billionaire wish.

Illuki did imply that he would forgive them both if he passed this assignment.

I don't know, however, if it was his failing to fulfill the Alluka's pesterings that killed 87 people; of if it was another wish.
I think it's all connected to the billionaire wish. I think the servant that received the impossible pestering was the lover of the one who made the wish. And after that, because they were not granted, 67 people died, including the servant and the guy who made the wish.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 07:48   Link #1049
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Alluka! Finally a real loli girl in Hunter x Hunter universe.
I hope she's a young Yandere. Jigoku Shoujo meets Full Metal Alchemist.
But this could be resolved later. If this sequence would happen.
1. She steps out of that vault as the first price and never return again on the vault, since she needs to get out of there to meet Gon.
2. Killua becomes her slave as the second price which he accepts.
3. Upon seeing Gon, as the final price to make Gon back to normal, Alluka asks for Gon to be her boyfriend, which Killua would have trouble to deal with.
Having Gon fall in love with a girl is like trying to make Luffy do the same (pre-Dragonball Z Goku also works for the example).

In other words, that equals at least two miracle worthy wishes.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 07:52   Link #1050
Clarste
Human

He can be her boyfriend without falling in love. The problem with that scenario is that it resembles Palm too much.
Old 2011-10-28, 08:03   Link #1051
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that we know Alluka is a girl, does it confirm that the one Kalluto is trying to get back is Killua or Illumi and not Alluka as a lot of us thought? He said he wanted get his brother back in the scanlation, but I don't know what he said in Japanese. He could have just used "sibling".
Old 2011-10-28, 08:26   Link #1052
ykf566

Ridiculously hax ability considering the cost of the wish gets passed on the next person. If the first wish had been to make them godlike it would have essentially been free. Not that they would have known though...

Edit: Thinking about it, if Alluka's pesterings get passed on to the next person, this would mean that they would get more difficult? We've already had Alluka requesting a poor butlers brain, wouldn't Killua's one be much more brutal? Though we've already had Milluki make a wish, so maybe not.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 08:51   Link #1053
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
He can be her boyfriend without falling in love. The problem with that scenario is that it resembles Palm too much.
Sorry, I misinterpreted that as Gon has to fall in love, which to me seems like an impossible thing.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 08:57   Link #1054
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Having Gon fall in love with a girl is like trying to make Luffy do the same (pre-Dragonball Z Goku also works for the example).

In other words, that equals at least two miracle worthy wishes.
Don't compare awesome Gon with loser Luffy. It's been stated that Gon has been on dates even before Palm and we've seen him on a date with Palm. He's still a 12-13 year old boy though so it's a given he won't give all his time to a girlfriend (which currently he doesn't have). Anyway, him falling in love early is very likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566
If the first wish had been to make them godlike it would have essentially been free. Not that they would have known though...
Her ability does have limits. When that guy/girl asked to become a billionaire Alluka did not print money or conjure it from the air, someone had to lose it. If anything maybe it would be possible that Meruem would lose his powers on the cost of someone but the cost of that would be so high that whole city could have been destroyed.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 11:34   Link #1055
marvelB

Who be talkin' crap 'bout mah boy Luffy? He may not have a girlfriend, but he's still a pimp (y'know, what with being the guy who befriended an entire island of hot amazon chicks and all). Actually, Gon's a pimp too for that matter, since he even told Killua that he dated a bunch of girls when he grew up on that island, so they're both even, in my book.

And back on the subject of Alluka: I dunno about anyone else, but I think it would be freaking hilarious if Togashi trolled us by having Killua fulfill 3 really difficult "pesterings" for his sister, only to have someone else butt in at the last second to make some really dumb, insignificant wish. It would be kinda like that gag in that one Simpsons episode where Homer interrupts Apu when he's about to ask the Kwik-E Mart head for his job back after all the trouble they went through to meet the guy in the first place.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 12:14   Link #1056
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Who be talkin' crap 'bout mah boy Luffy? He may not have a girlfriend, but he's still a pimp (y'know, what with being the guy who befriended an entire island of hot amazon chicks and all). Actually, Gon's a pimp too for that matter, since he even told Killua that he dated a bunch of girls when he grew up on that island, so they're both even, in my book.

And back on the subject of Alluka: I dunno about anyone else, but I think it would be freaking hilarious if Togashi trolled us by having Killua fulfill 3 really difficult "pesterings" for his sister, only to have someone else butt in at the last second to make some really dumb, insignificant wish. It would be kinda like that gag in that one Simpsons episode where Homer interrupts Apu when he's about to ask the Kwik-E Mart head for his job back after all the trouble they went through to meet the guy in the first place.
The most hilarious wish is from the pig in Dragon Ball wishing for a pantsu just to counter Pilaf's wish. Again Gon wouldn't mind being a boyfriend to his friend's sister if that would save them all the trouble and make sense for his recovery. At least it's Kalluto, Killua's big brother is searching for. I wouldn't be even surprised if he wish to be a member of Phantom Troupe, what did he paid to exact this wish?
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 12:22   Link #1057
Ermes Marana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
Ridiculously hax ability considering the cost of the wish gets passed on the next person. If the first wish had been to make them godlike it would have essentially been free. Not that they would have known though...

There is no known limit on what she can do, but that doesn't mean there is truly no limit. It hasn't been tested so there is no way anyone could know.

Having said that, if you wished to be godlike and it works, you better make sure nobody comes into contact with Alluka again, because if they do she will give them impossible tasks and when they fail an enormous number of people will die, which probably includes you.

The easiest way to prevent that would be to kill her after making your extreme wish, but it is unknown what happens to the wishes if she dies.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 12:42   Link #1058
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
The easiest way to prevent that would be to kill her after making your extreme wish, but it is unknown what happens to the wishes if she dies.
Probably bad things. It might kill anyone who made a wish. Nen becomes more powerful after death, and it's already super-powerful, so...
Old 2011-10-28, 13:42   Link #1059
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
The most hilarious wish is from the pig in Dragon Ball wishing for a pantsu just to counter Pilaf's wish.

Funny that DB didn't come up in my mind first when I made that post..... and it's a more obvious example too, for that matter.

Anyway, a prediction: Perhaps Pariston will find out about Alluka's power and use it to his advantage? Now that more strict measures have been placed on the election rules, I can see him taking any measure possible in order to gain the chairman position. And not to mention that he should already be in a high enough position to fulfill any of Alluka's "pesterings" with little trouble......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:06   Link #1060
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Anyway, a prediction: Perhaps Pariston will find out about Alluka's power and use it to his advantage? Now that more strict measures have been placed on the election rules, I can see him taking any measure possible in order to gain the chairman position. And not to mention that he should already be in a high enough position to fulfill any of Alluka's "pesterings" with little trouble......

Gon didn't date a bunch of "girls", he dated older women who really just wanted to see the island. And I doubt these women were the smoking hot/cute women you see in harems. Nevertheless, he's still pretty damn good with women in general, if Palm is any example(I recall Biske saying something similar as well I think).

That does sound like a possibility about Pariston using Alluka, and makes the most sense given why they would start two different arcs at the same time when they don't particularly coincide with each other. I would wonder how he would know of an ability of a non-Hunter person, unless he has a spy or something, which I doubt. He'd probably just use someone else to make the wish in his stead, so he doesn't have to worry about the repercussions of it all =0\.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain