AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-09-06, 20:03   Link #3221
Key Board
Carbon

Spoiler:

Well if you zoom in, it seems that Akira's hair is tucked under her muffler/shirt
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 20:36   Link #3222
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Saki x L Elf? Nah, doesn't even have chemistry. This is how chemistry works Saki-->Haruto<-/->Shoko<-/->L Elf-->Liselotte. . . The number of times each characters has shared secrets, adventures, feelings and ideas and has spent with one another refer to its content. A pair should have a mutual connection, whether or not these two people are in good terms. Feedbacks help the production to improve what must be, it adds up to fans' satisfaction though, but it does not mean a fan feedback can change the story itself--it can only affect a few elements on it. For example, when I say that awanna see more Shoko x L Elf moments, it does not mean that the animation will make my shipping canon just for me to be satisfied. They will likely just add this pairing as a spice in the story, but it won't really affect what has long been planned from the beginning. Surveys function as a mechanism for a psychological purpose. They need to know who become a fan-favorite, annoying, useful, controversial and sort. Who must be build up, put as a top priority, dragged down. . . . And whatsoever. Valvrave is not meant for fans, it's meant for everyone :-) It's not meant to be beautiful, it's meant to be APPRECIATED. Survey and feedback are a means to knowing the scale of appreciation. And so these are just my thoughts.
Old 2013-09-06, 20:53   Link #3223
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Well, there's always the possibility of Saki and L-Elf interacting directly more.
Old 2013-09-06, 21:23   Link #3224
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Spoiler:

Well if you zoom in, it seems that Akira's hair is tucked under her muffler/shirt
At first, I thought that too, but I didn't see the point of having her hair tucked in. How could she? This isn't Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
Saki x L Elf? Nah, doesn't even have chemistry. This is how chemistry works Saki-->Haruto<-/->Shoko<-/->L Elf-->Liselotte. . . The number of times each characters has shared secrets, adventures, feelings and ideas and has spent with one another refer to its content. A pair should have a mutual connection, whether or not these two people are in good terms. Feedbacks help the production to improve what must be, it adds up to fans' satisfaction though, but it does not mean a fan feedback can change the story itself--it can only affect a few elements on it. For example, when I say that awanna see more Shoko x L Elf moments, it does not mean that the animation will make my shipping canon just for me to be satisfied. They will likely just add this pairing as a spice in the story, but it won't really affect what has long been planned from the beginning. Surveys function as a mechanism for a psychological purpose. They need to know who become a fan-favorite, annoying, useful, controversial and sort. Who must be build up, put as a top priority, dragged down. . . . And whatsoever. Valvrave is not meant for fans, it's meant for everyone :-) It's not meant to be beautiful, it's meant to be APPRECIATED. Survey and feedback are a means to knowing the scale of appreciation. And so these are just my thoughts.
I agree with this.
Old 2013-09-06, 21:38   Link #3225
Destined_Fate

Oh, I mean the original premise is the same but small things may have changed such as coloring and the such. Though they do seem interested Shoko if L-Elf is to fall in love. From what it sounds like it seems like they didn't consider L-Elf for love at first and may be considering it now.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 22:35   Link #3226
vanca

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
However, this doesn't seem the type of show to change things due to fan feedback.
Writers and directors of a show, each have their own tolerance and eagerness toward fans feedback. Okouchi and Matsuo are two of most respected, proud, and "my pace" kind of Sunrise staffs. Work with them is always difficult task (in a good way), as they're very meticulous. Have both together in one project is equal "hell" LOL. They're not the type to be dictated. Not to say they'll ignore all feedbacks, but change uniform is likely not on their top list. Not to mention it was already shown very clearly in preview. To just change them blatantly is too embarrassing. I really think they have 2 set uniforms.

About Shoko, she's not a soldier/pilot/mechanic, so it would be weird and forced to had her on/near Valvrave just to pose with 3 other main characters, esp. with her different outfit, the business suit. Would look out of place

Last edited by vanca; 2013-09-07 at 00:35.
vanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 22:41   Link #3227
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler:

Wonder what Satomi's gonna say when he finds out his sister's become a pilot?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 00:04   Link #3228
~BC~

There's really no reason to assume that changes were made due to fan feedback. At least not based on a popularity poll or changes in attire (it's not unheard of for things in a preview to get changed or scrapped for the final production). Or character placement in a magazine spread for that matter.

Anyway, I vastly prefer these over the old school uniforms. Both main girls look great. The burgandy(?) really suits Shoko but I wouldn't have minded a new hairstyle (or at least get rid of the hairclips).
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 00:07   Link #3229
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Wonder what Satomi's gonna say when he finds out his sister's become a pilot?
Freak out as usual. Oh, I can imagine it.

Satomi: I just wanted her out of her room, not on the battlefield!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanca View Post
Writers and directors of a show, each have their own tolerance and eagerness toward fans feedback. Okouchi and Matsuo are two of most respected, proud, and "my pace" kind of Sunrise staffs. Work with them is always difficult task (in a good way), as they're very meticulous. Have both together in one project is equal "hell" LOL. Not to say they'll ignore all feedbacks, but change uniform is likely not on their top list. Not to mention it was already shown very clearly in preview. To just change them blatantly is too embarrassing. I really think they have 2 set uniforms.

About Shoko, she's not a soldier/pilot/mechanic, so it would be weird and forced to had her on/near Valvrave just to pose with 3 other main characters, esp. with her different outfit, the business suit. Would look out of place
I honestly did not know that about Okouchi and Matsuo. Thanks for the info.
Old 2013-09-07, 00:26   Link #3230
kiak666

To be fair, this isn't the first time that Valvrave changes stuff from the PVs... (Yes, I'm looking at you, White Valvarave-I.)
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 01:05   Link #3231
Key Board
Carbon

guys.. changing the visual look of something is not the same as changing the plot
it's just uniform recolor

I think it's more interesting to ask, where did they get those uniform from?
You can see it can be customized to a certain degree

Did Module77 go on a shopping spree on the moon? Is it locally made?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 02:20   Link #3232
kiak666

Quote:
guys.. changing the visual look of something is not the same as changing the plot
it's just uniform recolor

I think it's more interesting to ask, where did they get those uniform from?
You can see it can be customized to a certain degree

Did Module77 go on a shopping spree on the moon? Is it locally made?
Probably the same place where they get the pilot suit (which I believed was explained somewhere....)
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 11:54   Link #3233
iCK

Even though the positioning is important when companies try to show a certain couple, the outfit, expressions, and body expressions are just as important as the positioning. Saki is positioned to look at Haruto, but eyes the camera. She is also wearing the same uniform as Haruto but it's the female version.

As for the uniforms, they are created to fit their position in society. The regular students get the same color(females get red, males get blue), while the pilots, leaders, and ministers, get special outfits to stick out. It can be comparable to how ranks work in the military.

Haruto is also wearing a new necklace in that pic, which I'm guessing he gives Saki that special pendant she always wears in the future, while Saki gave him that necklace.

As for couples pertaining to Shoko, Saki, Haruto, and L-Elf,
Shoko is drifting farther and farther away from Haruto and closer to L-Elf.
She goes straight to L-Elf to feed him the jiorian treats.
She starts keeping secrets with L-Elf away from Haruto.
He also killed her dad without knowing.
L-Elf is also drifting away from Liselotte. L-Elf was disappointed that he had to tell Shoko that if she doesn't do anything her father's death would be in vain in the 11th/12th episode.

It's kinda weird how everyone thinks Saki loves Cain from the simple screen shot., just because she has the symbol doesn't mean anything. It just means the Valvrave entities chose new humans. I'm sure all valvrave pilots will obtain the mark during the 2nd season.

Also, as for the 5 teenager pilots that work for Dorssia, isn't it weird that none of them have died yet? I think everyone but A-Drei will change sides and fight for the New JIOR.

Last edited by iCK; 2013-09-07 at 12:25.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 12:13   Link #3234
Kurohane

^ What necklace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
To be fair, this isn't the first time that Valvrave changes stuff from the PVs... (Yes, I'm looking at you, White Valvarave-I.)
*checks the trailer* Wow, it really did show the original color all the way through the preview, though everything else was the same.
Old 2013-09-07, 12:13   Link #3235
Fjoergyn

Saki looks at the camera not haruto. Take another look at the photo, there is no necklace
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 12:24   Link #3236
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ What necklace?

*checks the trailer* Wow, it really did show the original color all the way through the preview, though everything else was the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Saki looks at the camera not haruto. Take another look at the photo, there is no necklace
My fault, I mistook the zipper for the necklace, but I never said Saki was looking at Haruto?

I originally had it Saki is positioned to look at haruto, but faces the camera.
Then I changed it to Saki is positioned to look at haruto, but eyes the camera.

You can tell her head is towards haruto, but only shifts her eyes to the camera.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 12:25   Link #3237
Destined_Fate

It is indeed strange that none of the guys on the other team, team empire, are dead yet. Wonder what they'll be using them for in Cour 2. I mean they technically were successful in Cour 1 as it ended as they had defeated the other Valvrave's but Haruto's and Akira's.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 12:34   Link #3238
queenSwild

Among the Dorssian boys, I think H-neun has the best chance of deflecting. He already knows that Cain is a magnius and he doesn't seem to be okay with it. Judging by the preview, he continues snooping around with Kriemheld once he goes back to the Dorssia's capital and it's quite obvious that things will get messy (blood on face, gun pointed at someone, angry shouting). X-eins is probably not going to deflect. He idolizes Cain way too much. Q-vier doesn't care about anything, he'll probably be on the side that lets him kill the most people. I could see A-drei deflecting too, but only if he makes up with L-elf.

EDIT:
While I'm here I guess I'll add more pictures.

Images
Dorssian boys proving that they are the sexiest
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Everyone else
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by queenSwild; 2013-09-07 at 12:48.
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 12:34   Link #3239
c0de_da1sy

Just because we're talking about the Dorssian soldiers:
Spoiler:

Also, for the rest of the crew's outfits:
Spoiler:
c0de_da1sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 13:01   Link #3240
Kurohane

The idea of the pilots wearing the uniforms we see in the preview are from a different timeline is my current theory. This was the first scene we see, so it's most likely going to be in one of the first episodes of season 2. No way, they can rescue Saki, Kyuma and Thunder in that short span of time, when Module 77 is in need of major repair, and the students need recuperation and sort out their losses. Also, their not going to skip the rescue by doing a time jump. The audience needs to see it. Furthermore, you save future glimpses until near the end, and you usually don't go back in order. The scene with Saki teaching the kid was before the battle she fought in the beginning of episode 7 that was three years later. And the first picture, queenSwild shows has the image I uploaded, so it's not a color change.

Edit: Thunder's color does not match his valvrave's.

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire