AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-26, 21:34   Link #901
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Did any one notice that Geneon (sp?) has put up myspace pages for the Lagoon company??!!!

http://www.myspace.com/lagoonrevy

They are REALLY going all out with this.

Notice the language on Revy's page? Any hints on what the R1 DVD's will be like?

sorry if this was posted before, to many pages to look through.
Old 2007-04-26, 21:55   Link #902
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Lol at the myspace. Going REALLY far out with this one.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 22:46   Link #903
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
But that does not make as much money! Why I really hate buying DVDs. They rip you off bad. Twenty-Thirty bucks for 4 or 5 episodes.
Usually costs me $16-$20

At least it's not $50 for two
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 00:28   Link #904
Sturmwehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
!!!
Are you nuts? Region 1 DVD aren't some Cinese bootleg. How can you squeeze a dozen episodes into 1 DVD without massive quality loss!
Are you nuts? Or, perhaps, you just don't know much about DVDs. How do you think DVDs get 4 hours of video on them? I suggest you look up what a dual-layer DVD is, and proceed to stop making such ridiculous claims. Even the lowest quality DVDs still offer 120 minutes of video with NO compression. 4 episodes is 100 minutes, in case you haven't noticed.

I also don't know where the Cinese [sic] bootleg rantings are coming from, but please keep them to yourself. I'm not talking about bootlegs nor is it a part of this discussion (it's also against the rules of the forum, if I'm not mistaken).

Quote:
4 episodes a disk is considered VERY acceptable for anime DVDs. I don't know what standards you are upholding...
I don't know how large your wallet is, either. It's a fact that you save money on large bundles of TV/anime show series. Also, did I say it had to be only on one DVD? No where did I claim, insinuate, or imply such. I just want the entire first season, regardless of the DVDs. Don't forget, if it took this long for us to get just the first four episodes released, that means a much longer wait for the rest of the season, and even more so for Second Barrage.
Sturmwehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 03:36   Link #905
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmwehr View Post
Even the lowest quality DVDs still offer 120 minutes of video with NO compression. 4 episodes is 100 minutes, in case you haven't noticed.
an uncompressed PAL video of 120mn as a size of 200 Go (without the sound)

Uncompressed DVD do not exist, all DVD are compressed in MPEG2.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 04:10   Link #906
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Also, did I say it had to be only on one DVD? No where did I claim, insinuate, or imply such. I just want the entire first season, regardless of the DVDs.
"Black Lagoon DVD Volume 1 only contains the first 4 episodes" was what you are complaining about. Now, I have NEVER heard about a series a dozen episode long being fit into less than three discs at a time. So you must be asking for either 6 episodes or 12 episodes a disc.

"Volume One" meant "Disc 1". No matter how you stretch it, wanting 6 or more episodes of BlackLagoon in a disc is still ultra ridiculous. No non-pirated anime has that many episodes, unless the episodes themselves are ten minutes long each.
Old 2007-04-27, 06:22   Link #907
Sturmwehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
an uncompressed PAL video of 120mn as a size of 200 Go (without the sound)

Uncompressed DVD do not exist, all DVD are compressed in MPEG2.
Uncompressed formats don't exist, thus the statement is moot. MPEG2 is a coding formating that features lossy audio/video compression... just like every other format being used. Look up lossless formats, they are pretty much regulated to theory like that of entropy encoding. I'm talking about further compression a'la video compression software. As far as I'm concerned, all video files not further compressed outside of the format are uncompressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
"Black Lagoon DVD Volume 1 only contains the first 4 episodes" was what you are complaining about. Now, I have NEVER heard about a series a dozen episode long being fit into less than three discs at a time. So you must be asking for either 6 episodes or 12 episodes a disc.
No, I'm not. Had you bothered to have read my post, you would've even seen that.

Quote:
"Volume One" meant "Disc 1".
Volume One means first volume. Disc amount has nothing to do with it.
Volume 1, yet multiple discs.

Quote:
No matter how you stretch it, wanting 6 or more episodes of BlackLagoon in a disc is still ultra ridiculous. No non-pirated anime has that many episodes, unless the episodes themselves are ten minutes long each.
...Except that I never stated I wanted the entire first season on one DVD. Had I stated that, I probably would've asked for the entire Library of Congress on a 1.44 floppy while I was at it. Again, had you read my post, you would've noticed I was disappointed that it was only 1 DVD and thus only the first 4 episodes.
Sturmwehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 08:26   Link #908
Miles Teg

Quote:
Uncompressed formats don't exist, thus the statement is moot. MPEG2 is a coding formating that features lossy audio/video compression... just like every other format being used. Look up lossless formats, they are pretty much regulated to theory like that of entropy encoding. I'm talking about further compression a'la video compression software. As far as I'm concerned, all video files not further compressed outside of the format are uncompressed.
Uncompressed format don't exist but you could put a "pure" RGB/YCbCr stream on a avi/mkv/... without any problem and you would have an "uncompressed" video.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 18:51   Link #909
TigerII
Pilot in Training

If Revy and Rovk did get together, who would be on top? I gotta say Revy. She seems like she wants the control.
Old 2007-05-14, 14:55   Link #910
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

just got DVD 1 in the mail today, and they did a NICE job on the dubs. More language than I noticed in the subs, and choice on voice actors rocks.

Last edited by Hyperion; 2007-05-14 at 15:18.
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 01:49   Link #911
Rampage

Just finished this series tonight. Great anime. Really hoping they add another season or two. Definetely helped with my Fate/stay night depression. Great stuff.
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 12:00   Link #912
ItachiGT
Banned

Is the Manga still ongoing or has it ended?
ItachiGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 12:03   Link #913
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Still going.
Old 2007-05-27, 12:08   Link #914
ItachiGT
Banned

Well than there is still a chance to see a 3rd season..

But i think, the "release-pace" of this manga is rather slow, or?

So perhaps in 2years or so.........
ItachiGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 01:17   Link #915
Otakon
True Hero Saves The Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
If Revy and Rovk did get together, who would be on top? I gotta say Revy. She seems like she wants the control.
maybe but see seems like she wants rock to take control cause when he does take control she sort of listens.
Otakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 09:01   Link #916
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakon View Post
maybe but see seems like she wants rock to take control cause when he does take control she sort of listens.
Hehe! This might have been a "joke" question to start with, but if you think about it, it may offer some insight into Revy's character.

She seems like a very forceful, outgoing, even domineering sort of woman, and based on her responses to Sister Eda's teasing she wants to go to bed with Rock. However, she has been waiting for what, a year now for Rock to make his move? It almost seems like underneath that violent exterior is a girl who is scared the guy she likes might reject her if she tried to push things...?
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 20:01   Link #917
Deathbringer_37

Whoa, we get to see Revy´s exposed fun bags in the latest chapter, talk about JAWESOME.

We´re getting good anime material for the next season people.
Deathbringer_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 20:35   Link #918
UPR

man only 12 translated chapters that sucks i would like to read more
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 10:08   Link #919
Cal-Reflector

A while ago I started a Black Lagoon fic titled, "How Rock Became a Man." Someone from this thread I believe mentioned that he/she would like to read it when it was done. Well now its done: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3606862/1/

Summary: "What could be worse than waking up in a tropical paradise next to a beautiful woman? Rock is about to find out." Genre is humor, you've been warned.
Old 2007-06-21, 10:46   Link #920
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbringer_37 View Post
Whoa, we get to see Revy´s exposed fun bags in the latest chapter, talk about JAWESOME.

We´re getting good anime material for the next season people.
Where did you find that chapter?

Will that scene make it in the anime?

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2007-06-21 at 11:03.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, madhouse, seinen