AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2015-10-24, 16:51   Link #1901
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
Also, according to this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1129028 "All of the remaining Light Novels will be adapted! This means the series will be adapted to it's entirety!" Though that comes in contradiction with what they say after that, "[...] plans for a new anime adaptation of Shoji Gatoh and Shikidouji's Full Metal Panic! light novel series are underway. The announcement did not give any further details about the anime project." I've read somewhere else that there will be 24-eps covering all novels including Nick of Time, and a movie for Always stand by me.

In the end, I guess it's all speculation and (unbased) rumors at this point.
The only confirmed information we have is that a Studio in Tokyo will be animating it and that they want hand-drawn mechas, the thing about adapting the remaining volumes of the LNs I remember it was stated by Gatoh himself at the conference (not to mention that the artwork for the announcement showed the Laevatein and not the Arbalest, that gives a good hint IMO).

Anything else, like it being a new Tokyo branch of KyoAni animating it, or the number of episodes, or it being Ovas, or the final LN being adapted into a movie or any release date are just rumors and speculation, most of them coming from 4chan, so we should wait for more confirmed info.
Old 2015-10-24, 16:58   Link #1902
amehmood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
A new FMP huh.

Everyone rumored.

Nobody believed.

But now you would see that it's true.

Sumeragi was talking about how it will be a new anime for the past months, I suppose she is your Goddess
Hey I believed more than most of you guys. I was the one who first posted the announcement of a FMP special conference event. I had hope since then a new season would happen.
amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 17:52   Link #1903
MisterBaka

We all believed it, to some extent. Personally, even not expecting much this time, I never lost hope. Because Universe abhors a paradox, and no new FMP anime is a paradox allright!
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 20:52   Link #1904
amehmood16

Why is this still retired?

"The Full Metal Panic sub-forum will remain retired like this until there is a good reason for it to be revived, such as the announcement of a new season, OVA or movie."

We got the announcement now leggo.
amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 00:56   Link #1905
sky black swordman

I was unable to post my excitement yesterday, as I passed out from the shock of the announcement.

Anyway, I am definitely forward to this. FMP was one of the series that brought me back into anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Am I the only one who enjoyed the High School DxD image in the background?
No, I did too. But then again, I am a High School DxD fan.
Old 2015-10-25, 01:04   Link #1906
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amehmood16 View Post
Why is this still retired?

"The Full Metal Panic sub-forum will remain retired like this until there is a good reason for it to be revived, such as the announcement of a new season, OVA or movie."

We got the announcement now leggo.
I guess they need more concrete information before unretiring this sub-forum, we don't even know which studio will animate this or when it will happen.

I mean, last year a new Macross series was announced, now we know the name, we have seen the new valkyries and a conference with much more details will be streamed on the 29th but the Macross sub-forum is still in the retired section, so yeah I think we'll have to wait quite some time.
Old 2015-10-25, 04:53   Link #1907
Dextro
He Without a Title

Btw I think it's time someone did this:

"Is there going to be a new FMP series?"

Yes, it looks like it is.
Old 2015-10-25, 06:29   Link #1908
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
The only confirmed information we have is that a Studio in Tokyo will be animating it and that they want hand-drawn mechas, the thing about adapting the remaining volumes of the LNs I remember it was stated by Gatoh himself at the conference (not to mention that the artwork for the announcement showed the Laevatein and not the Arbalest, that gives a good hint IMO).

Anything else, like it being a new Tokyo branch of KyoAni animating it, or the number of episodes, or it being Ovas, or the final LN being adapted into a movie or any release date are just rumors and speculation, most of them coming from 4chan, so we should wait for more confirmed info.
Well, "new Tokyo branch of KyoAni" is just something like Kyoanifans last hope.
Seriously if Kyoani going to adapt, i'd more believe to the producer just trolled us, it's still Kyoani main studio in charge.
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 06:55   Link #1909
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

EDIT: Considering the other thread was created in order to let anime viewers know about the new anime project, I will convert the purpose of this one for novel readers. As such, you are free to discuss your expectations and speculations regarding what will be adapted from the novels or not, without any need for spoiler tags.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2015-10-27 at 14:54.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 16:15   Link #1910
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

OMG!!!!!!!!!! 8 years. 8 years of waiting, 8 years of visiting this thread! AND FINALLY!
OMG. I am crying out of joy. I hope they will animate all the novels
Old 2015-10-27, 16:57   Link #1911
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Thank you for reopening this thread!

It's hard to contain my words when the one thing i've been waiting for a good decade got finally announced. I envy all the fans who so far refrained from reading the light novels or Sigma. This new FMP Anime is all i ever wanted. What are another 4-5 years of waiting?
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 20:25   Link #1912
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
One issue I can see is that even though a 4th season is confirmed, remember that it took them like 40 epsiodes to cover the first four books. IIRC there are 12 volumes for the novel and it's really only the last two or three where real plot resolution happens. So either they will have to condense about 80% of the material, or we will be waiting until like 2025 for story completion.
All I can say is they better not cut the "Die Hard on a Boat" parody. That was some great comedy, and is definitely needed before we descend into the nightmare.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 23:16   Link #1913
MisterBaka

Quote:
All I can say is they better not cut the "Die Hard on a Boat" parody.
Captain Sailor agrees!
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-30, 10:51   Link #1914
illuminatus8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
Someone discussed about this at some point on the novels' thread... don't remember exactly how it was structured, but let's see:

A dancing very merry Christmas - 2-3 eps.
Continuing on my own - 4-5 eps.
Burning one man force - 3-4 eps.
Tsudou make my day - 4-5 eps.
Approaching nick of time and Always stand by me - can't really say right now, cause it's been a while since i read the novels.

Still, looks like you could fit it in a 24-eps anime. Sure, some of the details from the novels will be omitted but I still think the story will be covered pretty well. Remember the first season, where they covered 3 novels and some extra-helmajistan-not-included-in-novels-stuff in 24 eps, and I think it was pretty good, didn't feel rushed to me.

Also, according to this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1129028 "All of the remaining Light Novels will be adapted! This means the series will be adapted to it's entirety!" Though that comes in contradiction with what they say after that, "[...] plans for a new anime adaptation of Shoji Gatoh and Shikidouji's Full Metal Panic! light novel series are underway. The announcement did not give any further details about the anime project." I've read somewhere else that there will be 24-eps covering all novels including Nick of Time, and a movie for Always stand by me.

In the end, I guess it's all speculation and (unbased) rumors at this point.
Remember that the first season had a lot of side story episodes interleaved in it. When it came to the big plot, it took about six episodes per light novel to get through them in S1 and Second Raid. They have 7 novels left to do. So, if they add in some side story stuff they could easily fill a four-cour (probably not happening). Two-cour would be a really aggressive timetable and would demand cuts or unpleasant rushing. Three-cour (which practically never happen) or two plus a movie is probably the best answer.
illuminatus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 11:20   Link #1915
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Holy shit

Quote:
It finally happened!!
My reaction right now:

Quote:
So it could still be a reboot? well at least it's not a pachinko or a new game or manga or something like that, it's a new anime

Edit: And now Al is congratulating them hahaha
Edit2: Now that I noticed, the image they used to announce the new anime has the Laevatein, not the Arbalest, so maybe it IS a continuation.
Edit3: Apparently Gatoh just confirmed it will cover the remaining volumes of the LN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
A new FMP huh.

Everyone rumored.

Nobody believed.

But now you would see that it's true.

Sumeragi was talking about how it will be a new anime for the past months, I suppose she is your Goddess
I told you it would happen eventually, and you used to tease me saying it would never happen.

Lol now I believe even stronger in Index III.

This is the most beautiful news I think I've heard in the last four or so years. This is just utterly amazing. I can barely believe it. I had basically already lost all hope. But apparently, the dream shall live on and become reality.

Also the animation in that picture looks absolutely stunning. I wonder if the anime is going to look like even 1/3 of that quality. If it is... then I'll be crying manly tears of joy while watching.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-07, 09:36   Link #1916
VTHokiePride

My reaction right now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZX7UgzAHoE
Old 2015-11-09, 14:33   Link #1917
Mugen26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post
I envy all the fans who so far refrained from reading the light novels or Sigma. This new FMP Anime is all i ever wanted.
Can you believe I've been holding out for 9 years up until this past September when I gave up and decided to read Sigma all the way through? Had I known that only just one month later that a new anime would be announced after finally caving in to reading the rest of the material, I would have kept holding out!

..Meh oh well, It was a fantastic read and I expect the anime adaptation will differentiate enough from the manga/light novels aside from the basic plot points. Plus at least I'm glad I wasn't spoiled horribly on 4chan by the Sigma images posted after the new announcement. That would have drove me nuts after seeing some of those images without any context or clue to what was going on!
Spoiler for Sigma Manga Content:
Mugen26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 22:15   Link #1918
s07195
However,

I guess after playing through SRW W and SRW Z3 Jigoku-hen, it's time to binge watch the actual anime seasons for the first time. :S
Old 2015-11-17, 08:50   Link #1919
bastek66

There are rumors that Bones is doing it
Old 2015-11-17, 10:38   Link #1920
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Let the rumors be true.

Right now, Sunrise and Bones are the likely candidates after all (not many studios can handle animating handdrawn mechs like them). Still, it'll be interesting if there are other studios that will take the job. Just make it good, that's all I ask.

Tags
there is a god!