AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-14, 00:49   Link #1261
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Hey, people, why don't you both just move the fuck on to a different topic? Seriously, you're just going around in circles. You're giving me a headache as it is. The way you two are going, a mod's going to lock down the thread. Hell, I'm starting to wish they will, just to get you two to shut up about it.
I guess your right. I outta be getting to bed anyway its 2:00 A.M where I ama and i'm sleepy see ya later people.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:51   Link #1262
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Yeh so true although the heated discussion has been fun though
Old 2008-07-14, 01:16   Link #1263
Captain Falcon
Show me Ya Moves!!

Captain Falcon found this picture.

Such sadness of women whose life started rough and painful at the very beginning and to have it never end.
Captain Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 01:24   Link #1264
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Her past begs even more for her to just die. I'd prefer she be free of Geass and immortality and get the chance to just live a normal life unhampered by some contract, but that's too much to even consider to any large degree.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 01:25   Link #1265
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Her past begs even more for her to just die. I'd prefer she be free of Geass and immortality and get the chance to just live a normal life unhampered by some contract, but that's too much to even consider to any large degree.
I kind of wish that for C.C. too. It seems like she just wants to die and be reborn as someone normal, without Geass and immortality.
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 01:55   Link #1266
greyhawk
Some dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
I kind of wish that for C.C. too. It seems like she just wants to die and be reborn as someone normal, without Geass and immortality.
I'm sorry but I don't understand, she wants to live again?
Thought she'd rather want eternal rest.
And that kind of wish is SO cliched btw.
greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 02:05   Link #1267
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhawk View Post
Not live again in a literal way, but to move on.
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 02:08   Link #1268
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

CC deserves love and happiness and man she past must have been horrible
Old 2008-07-14, 02:08   Link #1269
Used Can

C.C.'s happy face is pretty cute. I wonder if we'll get to see her past on the next episode.
Old 2008-07-14, 02:10   Link #1270
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
C.C.'s happy face is pretty cute. I wonder if we'll get to see her past on the next episode.
Its likely we will. And then suddenly everyone's opinions on her chances with Lelouch will change, and she'll the forerunner, blah blah blah...

In other words, I'm saying wait for the series to conclude before deciding if C.C. has any chances or not.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 02:10   Link #1271
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Perhaps the OP denotes people who exist on both sides of Lelouch? Perhaps it shows us that these four characters will have the most impact on the main characters or the most impact on the story? No where does it say it denotes people who switch sides... because, quite frankly, that theory got shot in the forehead with a .5mm when Nina was shown.
But the three of them are against Lelouch. So putting them with Kallen makes no sense. That makes the OP pointless.

Quote:
And many more could have happened to condemn him further. The show has made it a point to show us that Rolo wants Lelouch to be broken. Refrain would break Lelouch, that is what Rolo wants. There is no justification for the idea that Rolo would stop Lelouch from using Refrain.

The rest of your paragraph just makes me want to slap my forehead. That is not an argumentative point that is just pulling nonsense from whatever hole is within reach. What if a meteor had hit Lelouch on the head but the relativistic gravity created by Kallen's presence had made it veer off course?

Probabilities are not unlimited when the show shows them to be limited. The number of things that could have happened had Kallen not appeared were limited to one. Rolo winning, Lelouch losing. That is what the entire ordeal on the train was about. The scene was not a blank slate, plans were already in motion as such the probabilities of things occurring were severely limited. The show also did not foreshadow or even mention any other character even remotely worrying about Lelouch, as such it would be illogical to even bother arguing that anyone else could have shown up.

Once Kallen throws a wrench in Rolo's plan, which is what she did by saving Lelouch from his pit of despair, many, many more possibilities and probabilities opened up because, simply, the event was not accounted for or planned for by Rolo.

Oh, so anything could have happened after Kallen stopped him, but Kallen stopping him, was written in stone? You make no sense. You are the one who started the anything was possible because Kallen stopped him debate. If you are going there, anything is possible anywhere. Maybe Kallen not coming there could have played out for the best, for all you know. You are the one to start with because Kallen stopped him at that time, Lelouch could have been saved later in myriad ways.

How can you say if the fireworks scene didn't happen Lelouch would still have returned in time? You are undermining the fireworks scene. If it didn't happen Lelouch wouldn't have gone back. He was down in the dumps. If his friends had gone to the trip he would still have been depressed. Suzaku would have been able to get the OotBK. Lelouch wouldn't have returned. It would end there.

Kallen didn't stop "Rollo's plan to get Lelouch depressed". Rolo didn't even offer him the drug. And he was still all depressed after Kallen left, so I don't see how she succeeded in pulling him out of his sadness. She stopped him from taking refrain. The rest was done by his friends at school.

Quote:
Or it could be foreshadowing just her jealousy. You're clearly never going to let the point go if it is even remotely negative or impartial to Lelouch and C.C. ending, as such I will simply drop this point. Just take note that while the jealousy was foreshadowed and had proper development, your claim has as of now had no such development at all. It has been over 20 episodes since then, the foreshadowing in that scene has been likely used up already.
So whatever happened between Lelouch and C.C. in Kallen's absense was meaningless? I don't think so. I don't think the cave scene was created only to show Kallen's jealousy. It also showed Lelouch was different from C.C.'s other partners. He thanked her, he cared for her. Foreshadowing like this is usually saved for the end. When it comes to Kallen, you are biased too. You don't want to see that there were other things being developed there too.

Quote:
A person has to be cold to some degree to be able to act cold. She had Mao to live for, clearly wasn't enough of a reason. The Cult also seemed to have liked her and yet they too were not enough of a reason. Just because Lelouch was the first to thank her, doesn't mean others have not shown her love... when they clearly have.
A thank you does not form a love triangle.

The way the episode ended, -with Lelouch's particular words, and C.C.'s "I see", with Kallen all jealous, it does.

Then why did she say no one had ever thanked her. Or that she was all alone? How have they cleary shown her love? What made her so cold?

Quote:
Not to mention that one of the reasons that no one seems to be thanking C.C. is because of her own selfishness. Those cultists would have likely been thanking her had she not abandoned them to V.V..
What selfishness? Did she get thrown out or did she leave on her own? Wasn't she a captive of Clovis, when Lelouch found her in the first episode?

Quote:
And when did I say she didn't play a large role or that her role would end? If they want an ending between Lelouch and C.C. then all the power to them, its their story, but as it is, they haven't done much with it. This more recent episode served to only further the gap between her and Lelouch.

There is nothing romantic going on? Did you miss the Kallen and Nunally bonding scene? Do they have to slap you upside the head with development for you to see it?
But that again only showed that Kallen is falling for Lelouch. Did Lelouch even so much as think of her in the last episode?

Quote:
Esper addressed this, and I am short on time. Nothing against you.

Tokkan covered this as well. And as I said... short on time.
I read their posts and I don't agree with them. A person in love wouldn't want to harm their loved one. A child would grow up . If you constantly need the other person to take care of you. If you are with the person only because you want to use them for your benefit, it's not any kind of love. It was sad that Mao was isolated because of his geass, but it doesn't give him the right to go on a killing spree.

And whatever you say, C.C. was jealous when Shirley asked out Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhawk View Post
It would be sooooo predictable for them to kill her off. Everyone expects it to happen. I want to see her happy. We have only seen her cold and miserable.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 02:15   Link #1272
Used Can

Quote:
Its likely we will. And then suddenly everyone's opinions on her chances with Lelouch will change, and she'll the forerunner, blah blah blah...

In other words, I'm saying wait for the series to conclude before deciding if C.C. has any chances or not.
And here I thought I was posting in the C.C. thread, and not in the romance one.
Old 2008-07-14, 02:16   Link #1273
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
And here I thought I was posting in the C.C. thread, and not in the romance one.
Yeah, sorry. Its just that Dann's been going on his usual rants in both threads and shit all night, and it pissed me off. Sorry about that.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 02:18   Link #1274
greyhawk
Some dude

Quote:
Yeah, sorry. Its just that Dann's been going on his usual rants in both threads and shit all night, and it pissed me off. Sorry about that.
You 4got the Spoilers & Speculation thread RD
greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 02:19   Link #1275
Used Can

Leave him alone. He just wants a happy end for C.C., but gives a pessimistic face on the Internet, so that if she has a bad end he'll look okay; however, if she gets a happy end, he'll go "guess I was wrong lolz".
Old 2008-07-14, 03:57   Link #1276
mayaramayana
A proof is an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Knock it off. I'm serious. I spend time here often. I don't bother with every post.

No, it doesn't. And you think Kallen is my beloved? This is quite hilarious. I'm not a Kallen fan. I've never been a Kallen fan. Her being with Lelouch is the very last thing I have to see in this series. I'm a C.C. fan and a LelouchXC.C. fan. Being those doesn't mean I have to believe in something when I know it won't happen.

And people say I need to get my facts right…

If that is how I come across, I don't mean to.
Well, you've got a point. Anyway, all of us have the freedom to say anything.

Next Sunday episode 15 will air. At least one more big mystery will be opened. Relax folks!
mayaramayana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 06:01   Link #1277
hayato
Datte...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to hayato
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
CC deserves love and happiness and man she past must have been horrible
She has healing status that makes her immortal, yet a scar that never cures. Yes horrible past indeed, scars are a symbol of pain, and love..
hayato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 06:10   Link #1278
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayato View Post
She has healing status that makes her immortal, yet a scar that never cures. Yes horrible past indeed, scars are a symbol of pain, and love..
Interesting. It sounds like you believe C.C.'s scar to be a symbol for her eternal torment? A person whose wounds will always heal, except for one.

I still stand firm in my "Highlander Theory". That C.C.'s immortality works in a similar way to immortality in the Highlander world. This basically means, any scars or injuries you sustain before you're "awakened" remain there even after you're immortal. But once you're immortal, you heal up no problem. I think that the Cult put that scar on C.C. before she was immortal, in fact, it's quite probable it was given to her during the process of becoming an immortal.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 06:22   Link #1279
hayato
Datte...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to hayato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
Interesting. It sounds like you believe C.C.'s scar to be a symbol for her eternal torment? A person whose wounds will always heal, except for one.
Well the producers wouldn't have shown the scar if it wasn't for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
I still stand firm in my "Highlander Theory". That C.C.'s immortality works in a similar way to immortality in the Highlander world. This basically means, any scars or injuries you sustain before you're "awakened" remain there even after you're immortal. But once you're immortal, you heal up no problem. I think that the Cult put that scar on C.C. before she was immortal, in fact, it's quite probable it was given to her during the process of becoming an immortal.

That is an interesting theory, however let me put it this way, if I had somehow been tested for cell-manipulation purposes, enough to cure any disease/scar, a regular scar that was needed for the process of this test would normally cure. I am not sure of the reason why the scar is there, but it won't be long till she actually reveals it.
hayato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 06:53   Link #1280
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayato View Post
Well the producers wouldn't have shown the scar if it wasn't for a reason.

That is an interesting theory, however let me put it this way, if I had somehow been tested for cell-manipulation purposes, enough to cure any disease/scar, a regular scar that was needed for the process of this test would normally cure. I am not sure of the reason why the scar is there, but it won't be long till she actually reveals it.
I agree whole heartedly that the scar is there for a reason! I just really liked the meaning you were bringing to it. I think it was spot on, honestly.

And I dunno if I would call this scar a "regular scar". I think it's got other purposes. I've firmly cemented my beliefs in the idea that all things Geass are scientifically explained and I think this scar is tied to that. Then again, I've got absolutely no explanation on how anything scientific could make a person immortal. But I guess that's why it's being confused for "magic" in the first place, right?
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote