AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-09-21, 04:01   Link #10521
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Hello everyone. After lurking for a while, I've decided to join this forum. Here are a few things about me...
I'm currently a struggling college student studying Japanese. I also have a thing for music as well as cooking, learning other languages (even though I can get lazy sometimes) and sometimes drawing pictures.
My favorite anime as of now are Strike Witches, Lupin the Third, and Higurashi. I am currently watching Amagami SS, Strike Witches 2, and I have finished K-on!! (well, not really), and Ookami-san. I am also quite shy too. Anyway, I hope to talk about various anime, as well as make friends and have a good time too. Nice to meet you all.
Jof12788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 13:15   Link #10522
Serp
Moving along....

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and finally decided to join. I mainly read the Gundam threads but this forum is SUPER huge. I look forward to explaining it. I watch and read anime/manga casually and am more of a gamer. I'm currently reading Bleach and Naruto and losing interest in one of them, I'll let you guess. I've been reading a manhwa called Veritas and greatly enjoyed the first part of that. I just finished Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep and it was awesome. So, yeah. That's enough about me...I'm glad I joined this site, seems awesome and I can't wait be more active in it.
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 01:14   Link #10523
Greenette
ooh canada

Wow, huge site eh. I'm Greenette. I've known about this site for a while but never really bothered registering. I'm a one forum girl lol but sadly Anime Online.net has finally hit the dirt :c

Anyway, I'm not a huge anime/manga fan but I do enjoy some of the more well financed shows. Mostly I'm a graphic designer with an affinity for anime characters as renders/stocks inside the tag. Yeah, you read that right, I only make small pieces and I'm cool with that

Regardless, I'm a pretty amiable person so I really hope the slight elitism I detected while going through some of the threads isn't as set in as I think. It's not fun having to search for good forums lol, so I hope we all get along.
Greenette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 09:13   Link #10524
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenette View Post
Regardless, I'm a pretty amiable person so I really hope the slight elitism I detected while going through some of the threads isn't as set in as I think. It's not fun having to search for good forums lol, so I hope we all get along.
I wouldn't worry too much, the elitism here is shown by a lot of the "old guys."
Or it's just sarcasm. On the whole follow Sworn's list and you'll be okay. Kaze is not as crazy as she would have you believe however, just don't post in the same topic as him after midnight on full moons........odd things will happen........
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 19:33   Link #10525
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenette View Post
Wow, huge site eh. I'm Greenette. I've known about this site for a while but never really bothered registering. I'm a one forum girl lol but sadly Anime Online.net has finally hit the dirt :c

Anyway, I'm not a huge anime/manga fan but I do enjoy some of the more well financed shows. Mostly I'm a graphic designer with an affinity for anime characters as renders/stocks inside the tag. Yeah, you read that right, I only make small pieces and I'm cool with that

You're Canadian, I'm Canadian
We. best friends. now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Kaze is not as crazy as she would have you believe however, just don't post in the same topic as him after midnight on full moons........odd things will happen........
rawr!!

Anyways, without further adoo:

First off to the new people,

Welcome to AnimeSuki!

Being new here, you probably wonder how some of the stuff here on AS works,

For any questions you might have, please refer to Here (<-- Click link for Info)

And some more information can be found Here (<-- Click link for Info)

If you want to know some witty ways to post stuff, check Here (<-- Click link for Info)

If you have time, please check them out so you can start having fun on the forums!

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

~~Kaze,
Old 2010-09-23, 20:02   Link #10526
fmrugrat

Er, hullo everybody! New on the forums. First time user, long time admirer.

A little a bit about myself:

For mainstream I like Naruto, One Piece, Slam Dunk, Ryuurouden

For non-mainstream stuff like webmanga, I like S-I-N, Land of Lions, and Two-Keys.
fmrugrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 16:00   Link #10527
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworn to Believe View Post
WELCOME TO ALLLL!

Members to avoid annoying:
Kaze
Mods
me (though generally I'm not easily PO'd/annoyed)
James

Members who are very friendly:

me
Star-Wing
Kaze
Hooves
Patchy
Ogoditskanon
Komari
etc etc...

Things to avoid doing:
***breaking rules (especially sig rules). Read them ALL!***
**requesting a sig before you've posted squat, or requesting one and then leaving**
spamming!!
Irking mods
being pretentious
being mean

Things to do:
*Contribute to discussions with your own posts AND comment on others' posts.*

Be nice (DUH!)
Talk to and befriend lots of people.
Give rep/cookies!
Be polite when requesting things (DUH!)
ask before using others' work (unless it's made specifically for you)
give feedback on others' work, C&C are ALWAYS welcome. (in the appropriate threads)
Befriend me! (haha)

I'll add to this list later. Others are welcome to as well.
You forgot me in the section very friendly people

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 19:19   Link #10528
Darian606

um...hi. im Darian, nice to meet you. and before you ask, no. im not a boy, despite the name.
Darian606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 19:37   Link #10529
Lost Cause

Hello to all you newbies! I hope y'all enjoy your stay here on AnimeSuki! Remember to have fun and post often!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 21:12   Link #10530
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike1889 View Post
You forgot me in the section very friendly people
I didn't know you when I made the list.

WELCOME EVERYONE.
Old 2010-09-24, 21:14   Link #10531
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Posting for update on new page

Everyone! I'm glad that you have signed up to AS to join in our lovely discussions of Anime/Games/General Discussions, etc, etc or to simply view things around here . I hope you all have a good time here and please remember to keep it safe by following the Forum Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Welcome to AnimeSuki!

Being new here, you probably wonder how some of the stuff here on AS works,

For any questions you might have, please refer to Here (<-- Click link for Info)

And some more information can be found Here (<-- Click link for Info)

If you want to know some witty ways to post stuff, check Here (<-- Click link for Info)

If you have time, please check them out so you can start having fun on the forums!

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

~~Kaze,
Old 2010-09-25, 01:40   Link #10532
oblivion's child

Hey I'm very new here infact I just found out about this site a few hours ago it is 2:14 at night and I'm only up because I was watching Mitsudomoe I'm almost obsessed with that show now and I found out about it by seeing a little advertisement for it off to the side of the screen on some other website. Anyways I really like action and/or perverted comedy anime the best. I have strange views on the world like how humans, animals, plants, and god(s) are all unimportant beings that have no true reason to exist other than to fill the eternal void and how everything other than the void is a flaw that should be erased but we don't want to be erased and who else other than ourselves is going to destroy all existence. My most evil and true beliefe is that for something to live or exist something else must be destroyed and killed even humans have to be killed or eventually we'll overpoppulate and everyone will slowly starve to death
oblivion's child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 03:03   Link #10533
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Hey everyone. I've been lurking around the boards here for quite some time, but only now have I actually bothered to join in with the community.
I'm Aspie Sincerity. I'm a casual otaku guy from Australia, soon to be entering University, and I have quite a passion for a wide range of anime, manga, visual novels, and other facets of Japanese Otaku culture. I've been interested for about 3 or so years now, and have assembled for myself a humble collection of merchandise, manga and DVDs. My favourite series' include Clannad, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (manga), ef, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

I've also recently entered the world of anime blogging with my new blog, Kakera Complex. I'd really appreciate if people took the time to check it out. I update once or twice a week, and hope to continue doing so for quite some time!

Anyway, I look forward to engaging in the community here, and I hope we all get along! =)
Old 2010-09-25, 11:20   Link #10534
bopper

Hello My name is bopper!
bopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 16:58   Link #10535
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Welcome bopper, AspieSincerity, and oblivion's child I hope you all have a fun time in AS
Old 2010-09-25, 20:55   Link #10536
Lelouch Tatsumi

Send a message via AIM to Lelouch Tatsumi Send a message via MSN to Lelouch Tatsumi
Wow, I never saw this was here. ^^; Feel like a total idiot now, would've posted earlier if I knew.

Well anyways, I came here hoping to join in discussion about the fall season titles but if I happen to make some new friends along the way, I won't mind.
Lelouch Tatsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 12:55   Link #10537
Aishitemo

Hey all, just wanted to say Hi as I get myself situated in the community. I felt animesuki was as good a place as any to find people to discuss anime/manga with so yeah, nice to meet you all. =3
Aishitemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 22:59   Link #10538
Monkey D. Ishaq

Hey guys, I joined this place because I thought that this place would be great to talk about Animes/Mangas (Like the person above ^.^), I'm currently watching Naruto: Shippuden, Bleach and One Piece (As my name implies lol) they're all great and just out of curiousity do you prefer Reading or Watching? And do you have any Anime/Manga recommendations? Thanks in advance
Monkey D. Ishaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 03:09   Link #10539
domomonster
Badass

Hi hi finally getting back into anime after a bit of a break so thought a good idea would be to check out forums like i used to back in the day ^.^
Atm i am slowly getting through code geass season 2 which i know is old but yeah ive had a lot of series on my hdd waiting for me to watch so yeah im trying to make it all happen @_@
domomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 08:15   Link #10540
rinichan

Hi I am rinichan....

I begone reading this forum since I am intersted in news but now I dont wanna be a viewer anymore. I hope we all get along!!!
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, new members