AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 59 50.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 29.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-12, 21:13   Link #101
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Voted 9 of 10 for the episode ... it was an excellent rendition of one of my favorite parts of the books....
Old 2011-02-12, 21:20   Link #102
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaKarma View Post
The differences between index and mikoto are that index is shorter, slightly smaller breasts and acts childish. and that ones a strong force in the magic side and the other is a strong side on the science side.
To be fair, Mikoto does have her own childish streaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
you can say the author portrait Religious people as denying Science through ignorance because if i remember right Religious people on this anime referred Science as some sort of Religion too
They do sort of... It's like how people used to say- "Because it's the Will of God!"

Now people say- "It's been proven by Science!"

In a way, Science has replaced God as to go to place for answers.

Btw not all magic side people are ignorant to Science, they still have some idea to what's going on around them. Despite Lividia and her lectures, she still flies around in her private jet.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 22:51   Link #103
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To be fair, Mikoto does have her own childish streaks.
Gekota-gekota-gekota!!! in both series

Yeah, you are very right Chaos2, it's the viewers that omits them in their mind.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 22:56   Link #104
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Telestina KIHARA Lifeline. Ohwow. So that's where the beatrice smile comes from. Even applies to guys....
Old 2011-02-12, 23:02   Link #105
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Telestina KIHARA Lifeline. Ohwow. So that's where the beatrice smile comes from. Even applies to guys....
It runs in the family, the name 'Kihara' is pretty much the Black Family of Academy City.
Old 2011-02-12, 23:05   Link #106
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It runs in the family, the name 'Kihara' is pretty much the Black Family of Academy City.
Does the awesome smile also run in the family? If so then I'm getting pumped up for the next episode.
Old 2011-02-12, 23:09   Link #107
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Does the awesome smile also run in the family? If so then I'm getting pumped up for the next episode.
Well the evil smile yes, but the monkey smile... no.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 00:15   Link #108
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Looks like it boils down to the old argument of Science AND God vs Science OR God.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 05:46   Link #109
hoarfrost

Spoiler for :

Wait, there was an episode 18? I'm sorry, I don't remember anything after this.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 07:21   Link #110
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Spoiler for :

Wait, there was an episode 18? I'm sorry, I don't remember anything after this.
That image isn't viewable.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 10:14   Link #111
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode confirmed Last Order is the best loli in this show. I hope Accelerator is aware of how lucky he is not to have ended up with a monster like Index.
Old 2011-02-13, 10:51   Link #112
eiyuu99

Try not to hotlink directly, as some sites will block you off.

Spoiler:
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 12:58   Link #113
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Try not to hotlink directly, as some sites will block you off.

Spoiler:
Peace of heaven.

In the whole story I found Accelerator to be weirdest with sudden mood changes,like hes sittin' on the throne and acting almighty and then suddenly "I resign."

6 episodes to go
Divine witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 13:37   Link #114
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This episode confirmed Last Order is the best loli in this show. I hope Accelerator is aware of how lucky he is not to have ended up with a monster like Index.
He is.

Quote:
Why the heck does it turn out like this? Accelerator is drooping his shoulders.

He was in a certain location just after entering the underground shopping complex. Some tables were being arranged outside a fast-food store, serving as its open space. But despite being in a underground shopping complex, the distinctions between the inside and the outside of the store were dubious without end.

In one of those tables, a silver-haired emerald-eyed girl clad in a pure white nun's habit is *gubecha* prostrating before it, buried beside huge quantities of hamburgers, french fries, and salads. Just to say it once in advance, Accelerator bought them all as a gift. This girl didn't carry even 1/100 of ¥1.

The excuse for such a happening in the first place is that as soon as Accelerator, in search for Last Order, propped himself up at his modernistic custom-designed cane and entered the underground shopping complex, this mysterious girl suddenly came crashing into him from one side.

She then, in a really staggered gait and expression, faced Accelerator and,

"Ehh, it's not Touma, it's not Touma! I thought it was Touma; why is this person not Touma? Touma can go anywhere he wants to, but I'm getting hungry and cannot move about! That sizzling smell of salt, pepper, and meat is drifting away; I wanna eat that, I wanna eat that, what should we do, what should we do when eating that?"

"..."

Usually Accelerator is thinking at this point about pulverizing the girl's entire body and throwing away the pieces somewhere, but in a quite awkward circumstance, he got some several minutes ago from Yomikawa a "What if, once in a while, you do something good?"-like proposal. Honestly, such unfamiliar talk shouldn't be done, especially nowhere-like conversations with Yomikawa and the necessity of conscientiously containing it in a corner of his heart in advance, but should he knock down the white sister and move on, somehow he got a feeling that he'll be told some words along the lines of "You only kept your vow to quit smoking for 30 minutes, ha ha ha-"; it would be an annoyance if that were the case.

He was about to continue his mumbling when he remembered something about her being similar to that brat, but even if he dies, he's reluctant to admit he'd be worried about that.

Consequently, after kicking the hungry sister into the nearby fast food store, throwing out his wallet, and spitting out something absurd like "This and that, try eating them all!", they ended up in this current situation.

Previously, Accelerator was being lent to various projects. Money unspent was tossed as much as he liked into an account, so he has no money problems... but where could the maximum permissible tolerance for this nun greedily consuming a ridiculous number of hamburgers be?

By the way, this nun is carrying in her hands a small tortoise-shelled cat, but it itself didn't indicate whether it's getting hungry or has interest in hamburgers (in any case, he's sure it won't because of the finely chopped onions being used). It's with the stray cats who were lost in the underground shopping complex and meowing among themselves. Perhaps they are deep in talk with something like "For this year's autumn, there would probably be soft, sinewy meat coming!" and "You're kidding-!? I have been sharpening my nails all the while-!!" Are these cats not conscious about territory demarcation?

Accelerator gazes at the scene of food-eating orgy spread out before him,

"This is madness... I don't get worn-out to this point when I'm with that shitty brat."

"Moga?"

"Quit stopping all the time and finish your food at once! And don't you have something to say to me?"

"Gokyu. Yeah, thanks."

"Hey, is that it?"

This was an encounter with a very problematic person. Accelerator slackly loosened his neck. He prays for the eternal rest of the souls of this girl's acquaintances who were made to do this with her on a regular basis.
Old 2011-02-13, 14:08   Link #115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Bwahaha, the last line is gold.

& Stupid Yomikawa, couldn't she have waited a little later before giving him that advice?
Old 2011-02-13, 17:39   Link #116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I am appalled by your statement, Last Order is an evil loli that had everyone fooled!

Think about it- had she not childishly run away in the first place, she would not had set off a chain of events that had cost Mikoto her date, Accelerator would also not had gotten broke saving Index!

Last Order is the worst! A true villain! Don't be fooled!
Old 2011-02-13, 18:42   Link #117
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Last Order is the worst! A true villain! Don't be fooled!
-shifty eyes-

Old 2011-02-13, 18:57   Link #118
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Btw not all magic side people are ignorant to Science, they still have some idea to what's going on around them. Despite Lividia and her lectures, she still flies around in her private jet.
Carissa is a better example. It is British Navy AND magic.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 19:45   Link #119
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Carissa is a better example. It is British Navy AND magic.
I use Livida because everyone knows who she is

That said, I initially also thought that Magicians were ignorant of science, but time and time again the story proved me wrong.
Old 2011-02-13, 20:18   Link #120
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

My, it suck being grounded. Anyway loved this ep i didn't think the LO and touma chat would be touching but it was and mikoto and imouto arguing. Mikoto punching the cushion with toumas drawn face. LOLs.

You know Chaos. I think ur siggy is a major spoiler.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote