AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 22 11.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 7.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 13.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 14.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 39 20.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 7.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 14 7.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 4.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.63%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 10.00%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-14, 23:12   Link #221
syke123

Actually there are different types of canes, they differentiate to the severity of one's vision. A blind person would use a long cane with a circular, round tip compared to one who is partially blind that would use a shorter cane with a flat tip. Those which are shorter are basically used to advise and aware others that you have a partial visual impairment, but can still see, therefore they still meet the criteria for "canes", and shouldn't be considered a walking stick.

I also believe that Souta's cancer played a heavy role in Shu's disability, although I think it's primarily related to symbolism. If it was the genome he would of been blind as soon as he injected it, but his face crystallized after he absorbed everyone's void including Souta's instead of solely Ayase's. He also would've mentioned it if he lost his vision so that was probably only an after effect of the amount of cancer he took on. I mostly found it as an excuse to portray this symbolistic message, but I can't prove that he lost one eye instead of both so I don't know what to rely on.
Old 2012-04-16, 08:26   Link #222
ReY4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
I also believe that Souta's cancer played a heavy role in Shu's disability, although I think it's primarily related to symbolism. If it was the genome he would of been blind as soon as he injected it, but his face crystallized after he absorbed everyone's void including Souta's instead of solely Ayase's. He also would've mentioned it if he lost his vision so that was probably only an after effect of the amount of cancer he took on. I mostly found it as an excuse to portray this symbolistic message, but I can't prove that he lost one eye instead of both so I don't know what to rely on.
That was mostly my original opinion aswell. In my opinion, Shu already lost enough, it's not that the additional blindness is way over the top, but it was unnecessary. Partial blindness would be less punishing though, and would fit perfectly, while full blindness is close to being overkill. We can only guess what it is though, without an explanation.

I feel the blindness does change his status in the epilogue. Without it, i would just find him the mourning hero that saved the world. With the blindness (especially full blindness), he's piteous. It just changes his persona (for me atleast).
Old 2012-04-28, 17:56   Link #223
Morisato

Souta and Arisa surviving... sigh.
Old 2012-11-01, 16:06   Link #224
loukasgr

one question... did Shu got blind in the end?
Old 2012-11-01, 19:28   Link #225
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by loukasgr View Post
one question... did Shu got blind in the end?
Apparently, yes.
Old 2012-11-27, 10:52   Link #226
MacMaster

The ending was simply beautiful, but I'd really like to know what the name of that piano piece is, playing in the end when gai dies and inori appears in front of shu. does anybody know what it is called?? it's the one that plays before "release my soul", hopefully someone can help me
Old 2012-12-18, 12:41   Link #227
azndragon4k

I really hope there will be a sequel. The anime overall wasn't amazing but it was enjoyable. Like many other I agree there was way too many plot holes, there was no real relevance of daath other then the Yuu character and it seem like they could do alot more with void genome emulator on Daryl Yan chest. So I hope they do a sequel if they are able to fill in the plot holes from the first season without creating too many new ones
Old 2013-03-14, 09:51   Link #228
aeliakanami

huhuuuhuhuhuhuhu

sad ending.. . . I was avoiding these kind of ending .. please no more sad endings

at least there's good soundtracks in it !!
Old 2013-06-08, 10:59   Link #229
Pengu

Well, a disspointing ending. I can live with Inouri not surviving, but making him blind too?
He seems to be all alone now
He just can't get a break in life poor Shu.
Just want to mention how amazing Ayase is. Dunno why exactly, just find her incredible in every sense.
Also must add what a dream Hare is. She is so kind, she has cared for Shu for a very long time and her love is more genuine than anyones.
There is no doubt in my mind she was the one for Shu.
Any guy would be insanely happy having a person care for him as much as Hare did with Shu.

Last edited by Pengu; 2013-06-08 at 11:26.
Old 2013-10-08, 18:49   Link #230
Shu Ouma

Season 2 please GC developer you can't just leave Shu like this !
Old 2013-10-08, 19:08   Link #231
Shu Ouma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I didn't realize that Shu was blinded - I initially thought that his cane was just because he had been crippled. Briefly re-watched that scene and it seems that it is indeed a cane for the blind (or visually-impaired). It was also a bit ambiguous to me as to whether Inori survived or not. I'll go with the comments here and assume that she didn't. Both of those ideas makes me appreciate the ending quite a bit more, actually.
Same here I was wondering about I thought Shu was cripple and how ever have you rewatch the last episode again and look at Shu eye to me his eye look perfectly fine after all if anime people is blind then they have a weird kind of eye look.
Old 2013-10-08, 19:10   Link #232
Shu Ouma

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceEdelweiss View Post
Shu: I'll get back Inori for sure..

3 mins later, after Gai's defeat
Gai: Go Shu, bring back Inori..
Me: OMG.. this will lead to a happy Ending!!

4 mins later..
Shu: Let's go together Inori..
Me: Wait.. will they die together??! Nooo...

2 mins later..
Shu: Inori noo!! (Shu is alive)
Me: You're a failure.. Shu.. always.. You even can't save one girl that you loved.. even u don't learn from Hare's case..*facepalm*

Epilogue:
Shu is blind.. Forever alone.. and a daydreamer.. EVEN HE CAN'T SEE THE WORLD HE HAS ALREADY SAVED!!!
Me: FIND A GIRL SHU! AYASE HAS AFFECTION ON YOU.. GRAWR!!
*flipping table*
f*ck the scriptwriter and the director..

I guess.. Sawano Hiroyuki put too much effort in composing and arranging the soundtracks...
I get what you mean bro but I prefer Inori and that I praying for a season 2!
Old 2013-10-09, 19:32   Link #233
Shu Ouma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
I voted for "painful in the poll". Because it was, even if it was painful in...another way.
Yes I have the same thought as you.
Old 2013-10-09, 19:46   Link #234
Shu Ouma

I seriously felt sorry for Shu I can't even believe Shu still alive after everything he gone through and not just one or 2 death all the death are people that are close to to him. If I was him at the end of the episode I would be like screw this world let it be destroy like all I care I have LOST EVERYTHING what does it if I lose one more!

Let us Review:
1. Shu at the age of seven see Mana explode in front of him and some how he survive.
2. He survive Lost Christmas
3. He lost his father.
4. He see Gai die.(well he kill him)
5. He see Yahiro brother die.(well he kill him too)
6. He see Hare die for him
7. He see Gai resurrected(and kill him again)
8. He saw Mana resurrected(and kill her/ reject here again)
9. And alas He saw Inori die.

I swear if I were in his position I would be Insane.
He lost 2 women he love and the person he respect all die in front of him...

We really need a season 2...