AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-05-01, 10:22   Link #21
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Guys remember this thread is NO SPOILERS so anything not shown in the anime yet is a spoiler. Please be careful.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 10:53   Link #22
richardtengcy

My post did not contains any spoilers...why was it deleted....make no sense....
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 02:36   Link #23
Haiprbim
Banned

Okay, since my last message was deleted for obvious reasons (I'm fully aware of my actions), the other half was deleted as well.

Currently, we've seen a few types of Titans.
Anyone counted how many types were released up until now?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 03:18   Link #24
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I believe the only abnormal titans we've seen so far are the Colossal and Armoured Titans, the rest have been pretty much normal titans of various sizes.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 08:35   Link #25
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
By request, a discussion thread for the Titans. What are they? Where did they come from? Why are they naked? Thrilling discussion to be had by all, surely.
What are they?
This is hard question, from current information but is it save to call them a mindless creature? All they do was zombie like action that chasing and killing/eating human. Till current episode (eps 4) we still don't see anything what they do when no human around.

Where did they come from?
I believe there is two answer for this question first the place where they come from, or the cause that they exist in the first place. My assumption is they must be some-kind of experiment gone wild.

Why they are naked?
Well with assumption that they are mindless creature it's a direct effect of it. Let's just use average (because there is many height type) that 1 titan clothing would be same for clothing for 20 people clothing, that require a good organized farm, ranch, or even mining (for metal armor).
Old 2013-05-04, 09:50   Link #26
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

You don't see zombies in zombie movies shopping for new clothes right? It takes a degree of intelligence to get clothing and Titans seem to have zero intelligence to begin with.
Old 2013-05-05, 11:06   Link #27
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You don't see zombies in zombie movies shopping for new clothes right? It takes a degree of intelligence to get clothing and Titans seem to have zero intelligence to begin with.
I wouldn't say zero intelligence, you remember what the Colossal and Armor Titan did ?
Old 2013-05-05, 11:13   Link #28
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Also, these Titans seem to have amazing reflexes for supposedly having no intelligence.

Endless "Somewhat intelligent" Soul
Old 2013-05-05, 11:17   Link #29
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Also, these Titans seem to have amazing reflexes for supposedly having no intelligence.

Nothing strange with that. Flies have quite some good reflexes, try catching one, that's not easy. At the very least they are almost as good as humans, but they are probably even more stupid than titans.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:20   Link #30
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I wouldn't say zero intelligence, you remember what the Colossal and Armor Titan did ?
They are clearly abnormal titans, not just physically. And as we've seen in episode 5, there are other types of Deviant/Abnormal Titans. However the normal titans seem to be pretty mindless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post

Reflexes and intelligence don't have much to do with each other, reactions are based on instinctual responses from the brain. Bugs have pretty quick reactions but have zero intellect.

EDIT: Eh, ninja'd xD
Old 2013-05-05, 15:13   Link #31
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
OK... what the FUCK? The Colossal Titan can just freaking appear with a lighting bolt? Man, an I thought it was unfair before...

Anyway... I think the Titans are controlled by some other entity. The Colossal appeared TWICE out of thin air, in front of one of those protective circles in the wall, took out the door, and then vanished. That can't be a coincidence.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 15:28   Link #32
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
They are clearly abnormal titans, not just physically. And as we've seen in episode 5, there are other types of Deviant/Abnormal Titans. However the normal titans seem to be pretty mindless.

Maybe they're following orders, to eat all the humans ?
Old 2013-05-05, 16:07   Link #33
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Anyway... I think the Titans are controlled by some other entity. The Colossal appeared TWICE out of thin air, in front of one of those protective circles in the wall, took out the door, and then vanished. That can't be a coincidence.
The Titans are only interested in humans, seem fairly mindless, only desire to destroy humans, and are extremely hot (temperature-wise). We also don't know what's going on in the world beyond the walls, nor do we know what humanity was like before the Titans showed up. Did the author go with a total fantasy scenario, or was humanity originally as we are today and then it regressed along the "tech tree" due to Titan activity?

I'm hoping that they don't go with the Blue Submarione No. 6 scenario, where all of the hostile race of creatures was created by one man who had it out for humanity and decided to purge their existence himself.
Old 2013-05-08, 10:44   Link #34
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
The Titans are only interested in humans, seem fairly mindless, only desire to destroy humans, and are extremely hot (temperature-wise). We also don't know what's going on in the world beyond the walls, nor do we know what humanity was like before the Titans showed up. Did the author go with a total fantasy scenario, or was humanity originally as we are today and then it regressed along the "tech tree" due to Titan activity?

I'm hoping that they don't go with the Blue Submarione No. 6 scenario, where all of the hostile race of creatures was created by one man who had it out for humanity and decided to purge their existence himself.
You know, now that you mentioned regression, it suddenly struck me: Maybe it isn't the titans who are titanic, but the humans instead who have shrunk down to their present-day size. That is, the "titans" are actually about the same size as real humans in our real-life world, and are titanic only when compared to the "humans" of this make-belief world.

In other words, it's all relative. This could well be why the humans don't seem to have enough arable land to produce enough food for everyone — in absolute terms, the amount of land available to them is actually very small, too small for sustainable agriculture.

(Okay, okay, I know the theory doesn't hold water, given that we've seen familiar animals like deer that also appear small when compared to titans but, still, it's a midly amusing thought. )
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 19:14   Link #35
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

My thought is that they're like some kind of semi-organic mecha (along the lines of Evas), and that people outside the walls have far superior technology and are hunting down the ones inside the walls as a sort of game.

Just going by the abnormally high body temperature, steam emission, and lack of known means of reproduction here.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 20:45   Link #36
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Why Titans do not eat other Titans?

is that it is the same principle that humans do not eat other humans?

because the titans "looking like" the "human".... :x
Old 2013-05-16, 07:23   Link #37
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Why Titans do not eat other Titans?

is that it is the same principle that humans do not eat other humans?

because the titans "looking like" the "human".... :x
Episode 6 explains that Titans do not eat anything that isn't a human. Moreover it is suggested that Titans do not eat out of necessity.

Basically you can pretty much compare them to zombies. Why do zombies eat humans only? Why do they need to eat? Why don't they eat each others?

We don't know the actual reason, but it's certain that they are somehow "programmed" to eat humans and they have no actual need to do so. It is also obvious that titans somehow can sense human presence even without a line of sight, which is why they created those bait cities.

Since sight isn't required, the fact that they themselves look vaguely human has probably very little relevance.
I'm sure the recon corps would make their expeditions disguised as some kind of animals if the apparent shape mattered at all.

Old 2013-05-21, 21:06   Link #38
Deylation

i speculate that titans are exterminating humans because they were the bases of the mythological gods and were wiped out by humans or other titans and maybe want revenge or at least the intelligent ones which are giving out orders

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-05-21 at 23:53. Reason: Please don't triple post and observe ALL of the thread title.
Deylation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 11:46   Link #39
Iron Maw
Banned

This should give people the idea just how large a Titan even at their smallest to an average human.

Images
titan classes
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 14:17   Link #40
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The colossal Titan there seems to be completely disproportionate. Who the hell drew that?