AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-04-28, 01:49   Link #1881
ramlaen

I spy Ginga
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 02:19   Link #1882
Fluegel

They have slight different hair.

And come to think of it, weren't there a shit ton of babies around when Quint found Ginga and Subaru?
Fluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 02:48   Link #1883
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

I wonder if it's some kind of power armor (to uppgrade Ginga and the numbers ?), battle android, new batch of combat cyborg or some kind of remote controlled unit/drone (like the TAG of the Infinity wargame universe).
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 05:47   Link #1884
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Not really enough information to go by... but aw hell.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw those spoilers was...

"Execute Order 66."
Still much better than what came into mind when I saw this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Spoiler for Force 15 stuff I guess!:
"Touma, you're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I can't follow!"

Old 2011-04-28, 06:12   Link #1885
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
"Touma, you're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I can't follow!"

*covers ears* I'm not hearing that particular bad part of the script! Not hearing it!

But nobody can make out what the labcoat says about our new armored troopers?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 06:17   Link #1886
OrderNorChaos

So perhaps Lily merging with Thoma is the secret Tsuzuki is hinting when talking about Thoma's eye colour in an interview about G.O.D ?
OrderNorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 06:29   Link #1887
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Oh hell. *runs for the hills*

Spoiler for Force 15:
I knew there were spare bodies lying around in the Numbers lab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Not really enough information to go by... but aw hell.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw those spoilers was...

"Execute Order 66."
Er... Oh boy... Keroko... Guys... Remember what I said about Cywarriors, Jail Ribbons Palpatine, and Order 66...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
The fact that your pic has a human face fits into my concept of Cywarriors.

It is short for cyborg warriors which is another way to Anglo-saxxonize "Sentokijin". And it is just that, legions and legions of cybernetic clone troopers used to bolster TSAB Forces. Even though they are just cyborgs with no IS, they are still actual applications of Jail's lesser findings, a sample given by him to keep his handlers happy while he went about his real plot. Massproduction had been underway for a while before StrikerS, and by mid 0075, several whole cadres had been created, trained, equipped and ready to be shipped.

The facility was raided and stopped temporarily by the Navy, but the Jail Incident hit, forcing much manpower to double back. After resolving the incident, Jail's other sponsors reared their ugly heads, barons who took the opportunity to break away from Bureau control. This Separatist Alliance attacked TSAB all over in a massive civil war just as there was still widespread chaos in the Bureau chain of command, and the very survival of the free world hung on a balance. High-Chancellor Jeremiah Sarento pushed for the Senate to pass a motion to mobilize this clone army to quickly bolster the faltering TSAB forces as AMF Gadget armies overran dimension after dimension. Due to dire circumstances, it was passed, and the Cywarriors were pressed into action under the command of Ace mages.

These 4 years after StrikerS, till 0079 when the war ended, would be known as the Clone Wars.

Each Cywarrior cadre is optimized for high mobility and firepower, employing heavy use of small jetpack-equipped walkers and skimmers armed with railguns. Each trooper carries a pulse rifle, the most advanced troop gun ever developed. Advanced technology is the rule for these cywarrior teams, making them the perfect counter to the Gadgets fielded by the Separatist Alliance.

These cadres are often further augmented with teams of Belka knights, Midchilda mages and other auxiliaries drawn from the pluralistic Bureau. All of them answer to an Ace mage to lead them to battle.
While the exact specifics hasn't played out, them rolling these babies out against the Eclipse is potential for that which we have been waiting for...
Old 2011-04-28, 07:04   Link #1888
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*covers ears* I'm not hearing that particular bad part of the script! Not hearing it!
"We can't explain it. She has lost the will to live"

Quote:
But nobody can make out what the labcoat says about our new armored troopers?
They will be of iron will and steely muscle
In great armour shall we clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed
They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them
They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle
They are our bulwark against the Eclipse
They are the Defenders of Humanity
They are our Space Mages and they shall know no fear

Jokes aside, I wonder if they could possibly the hybrid of Scaglietti's creation? Artificial Mages further enhanced with cybernetic augmentations?

And I won't be surprised if Isis turned out to be one of them. The Nanohaverse is only as wide as the plot demands.
Old 2011-04-28, 07:15   Link #1889
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm leaning towards cyborgs with Anaheim equipment, if only because mages don't stand still in Borg recepticles like... cyborgs.

But really. Stop tickling my 40K demons. I sealed them away long ago, but its a constant battle to keep it that way.
Old 2011-04-28, 07:17   Link #1890
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
"We can't explain it. She has lost the will to live"
Mothers around the world chocked on their popcorn when they reached that line.

Quote:
Jokes aside, I wonder if they could possibly the hybrid of Scaglietti's creation? Artificial Mages further enhanced with cybernetic augmentations?

And I won't be surprised if Isis turned out to be one of them. The Nanohaverse is only as wide as the plot demands.
Well, we are leaping to conclusions here. All we've seen are people in tech-looking armor. We don't even know if they're cyborgs at all.

But I wouldn't be surprised of Jail's research was used somewhere, even if not in this. Just because it was used for evil it does not make the research itself evil. I can see many good things you could do with Jail's research.
Old 2011-04-28, 07:20   Link #1891
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I believe we're not so much concerned about the technology being evil but rather are just taking the chance to throw our usual snipes at Tsuzuki's direction.

But you know... Those scientists have yet to be accounted for. And knowing SRW and Gundam, the Excalibur people may well be playing both sides.
Old 2011-04-28, 07:24   Link #1892
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Well, we are leaping to conclusions here. All we've seen are people in tech-looking armor. We don't even know if they're cyborgs at all.
"Leaping to conclusions"? Heck, I think that one would do fine on a Wild Mass Guessing page I only throw that wild guess since there are two Cyborgs in the picture and can't help but think that labcoat there was saying what's basically "look at them. A newer version of you!" Won't be surprised if the actual translation is anything but
Old 2011-04-28, 07:28   Link #1893
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They are Universal Soldiers.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 07:34   Link #1894
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

They keep getting more awesome the more we guess.

Though I'd be damned if they actually made a 'universal soldier' out of Due!
Old 2011-04-28, 07:58   Link #1895
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Looks like it's true that the era of mages comes to an abupt end xDU
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
I wonder if it's some kind of power armor (to uppgrade Ginga and the numbers ?), battle android, new batch of combat cyborg or some kind of remote controlled unit/drone (like the TAG of the Infinity wargame universe).
Told ja guys, these are the Post-Magic Warriors needed to fight the Cep- Eclipse-infected.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 08:09   Link #1896
Justin_Brett

Quote:
*covers ears* I'm not hearing that particular bad part of the script!
What, you mean all of it?

As for these soldiers, well, would the Nakajimas be involved in it if they were lobotomized humans or something like that? Probably not.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 09:40   Link #1897
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

Though I'd be damned if they actually made a 'universal soldier' out of Due!
Cloning Due and making universal soldiers out of her would give them the ultimate infiltration unit. The kind that would make the noblemen of the Ordos House from the Dune games wet their pants in pleasure. "We shall purchase ONE THOUSANDS OF THEM. The Atreides and the Harkonnen will be in one hell of a war."
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 09:49   Link #1898
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
What, you mean all of it?
Anything involving Anakin and Padme together, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
As for these soldiers, well, would the Nakajimas be involved in it if they were lobotomized humans or something like that? Probably not.
There's that too. If they are combat cyborgs, they can really only be the ones created along Subaru and Ginga, since it'd be rather doubtful the public face of the TSAB would agree with continuing the experiments they spend a lot of time and effort shutting down.
Old 2011-04-28, 10:08   Link #1899
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I don't think the TSAB has continued producing new cyborgs or artificial mages but if i remember correctly at the end of StrikerS there's still various "pople in jar" inside Scaglietti's lab so probably those are awekened, trained and prepared for this emergency. A bit sad for the A's cast but apparently the StrikerS crew are the only usefull people here.

I jus want to see Cinque blowing up suff xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 10:42   Link #1900
Justin_Brett

Well, I meant mostly that the Nakajimas are more or less good guys, so Shadow Cabinet Chapter Whatever probably wouldn't be showing horribly unethical mass-produced super soldiers to them.

Although that begs the question: did the company who built the AEC stuff have a hand in this?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force