Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-13, 18:45   Link #681
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Consiering there's not much difference between the manga and anime except for the last 2 ep of the anime....

Lucy is Lucy, whether it's anime or manga. All she wants is to be left alone.
Almost right.

She wants to be ALONE with Kouta. Not left alone. ALONE. She actively seeks people out to kill. The Vector personality demands it.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 19:36   Link #682
Ledgem
Love Yourself

The disappointing amount of flashbacks in episode 12 aside, the episode had a pretty rotten way to end. I'd call it a cliffhanger, but it didn't leave me "hanging" so much as pondering over and over if it could have faded out in a lamer fashion. And my apologies, but the entire part where Kouta falls on Lucy and they both share a blush moment (aww...) right after Kouta's revelation and Lucy's playtime? I'm aware Elfenlied has been pushing the limits for most of us on the categories of sex, violence, and nudity, but I don't care what kind of car you drive, you can't shift gears from violence/revelation of violence to sex that quickly ;P

Ah well, I eagerly await episode 13, though I'll be very sad when this ends. It's the only series I'm current with (with the exception of Naruto, though I even fell behind on that for two weeks).
Old 2004-10-13, 19:51   Link #683
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Gone to the official website. They have updated already the teaser trailer for the last episode but not the screenshots.

It seems that they do not want to give away any potential spoilers aside from those seen for the last episode preview.

In Japan, it's already Thursday morning. Just three more days there for the END.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 20:03   Link #684
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
And my apologies, but the entire part where Kouta falls on Lucy and they both share a blush moment (aww...) right after Kouta's revelation and Lucy's playtime? I'm aware Elfenlied has been pushing the limits for most of us on the categories of sex, violence, and nudity, but I don't care what kind of car you drive, you can't shift gears from violence/revelation of violence to sex that quickly ;P
Oh little do ye know.

Let me quote an old movie, "New Jack City":

Quote:
Originally Posted by old ass movie
I want to kill you so bad my dick is hard.

And I guess youve never heard of S&M freaks...
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 20:08   Link #685
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Well sex and violence can be mixed into a genre, but that wasn't exactly sex + violence, that was more like... violence, ZOOM zero to sex in sixty frames. Not to mention that the mental state Kouta was in, I'd imagine his genitals would've been closer to shriveling up and dying rather than coming out to play :P Even in hentai, I think it's fairly rare that you'd find a "you killed my sister! ...oh well, let's get it on and make a new one" sort of moment

I'll admit that I'm exaggerating quite a bit, carry on
Old 2004-10-13, 23:58   Link #686
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Ah, I get now.

Spoiler:

I wonder who dukes out who......
Manga Lucy or Anime Lucy?
well, although I don't think the difference is that great, I guess you could say it is somewhat like that, since as far as I see, the anime changed/watered down quite some scenes where Lucy revealed her "absolute evilness" in the manga. Episode 12 is the prime example since this part of manga is what I consider as the apex of showing Lucy's evilness in the manga. In the manga Lucy is shown more or less enjoying people's pain and suffering, but in the anime it's not so clear, it seems she's killing people mostly out of her Diclonus urge and to protect herself, not intentionally seeking people's pain and suffering and playing with people's feelings like she's enjoying it.

Agree with Ledgem, to just remeber that the girl in front of you is the murderer of your sister and father, and then hold her and blush... umm... that is quite cheesy... I guess there are just lots of cheesy stuff in this episode...

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-10-14 at 03:23.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 00:49   Link #687
nindo

Send a message via MSN to nindo
Bwahahha...Wait for me and I'll explain everything... uhmmm...OK!!
nindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 02:55   Link #688
BeNighted
To Bid You Farewell

I would really like to read more of the manga now that the anime is coming to the end. There seem to be a lot of details that haven't been included... like #35's insanity.. it's got to stem from somewhere!!!
BeNighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 13:05   Link #689
Ledgem
Love Yourself

In speaking about sanity, it's only clear (in the anime) that Lucy has some problems. Number 35 is just a little kid, so her cruelty isn't exactly insanity (some people feel that children are absolute good, others feel they show the absolute evil in people; differences in schools of thought). As for Seven, she's sort of shown that she's capable of Lucy's split personality deal (beach confrontation with Brando... or whatever his name was, forgot already, and first confrontation with Lucy as "nyuu"). Lucy's issues wouldn't even be so evident were it not for the fact that they let us get inside of her head and see a conflicting voice.
Old 2004-10-14, 16:34   Link #690
docomo153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Gone to the official website. They have updated already the teaser trailer for the last episode but not the screenshots.

It seems that they do not want to give away any potential spoilers aside from those seen for the last episode preview.

In Japan, it's already Thursday morning. Just three more days there for the END.

can anybody provide me a link to the official site teaser trailer?
docomo153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 16:42   Link #691
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sure, here it goes.

http://www.vap.co.jp/elfenlied/movie.html

Right now in Japan is already Friday morning, just two more days ahead for the ending.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 20:05   Link #692
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Wow thanks that sounds super fantastic! time to launch Winny I guess

lol so that's where all the bw was going

Hmm, I do seem unfazed by the gore in Elfen. Maybe cuz I'm a military guy, and that kinda stuff...

but I kinda hate it when we see a very good commando just suck in battle [ep 02]. But, I guess I'm in it for the story.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 20:24   Link #693
Grona
Big Damit!

humm, any scan groups have the manga done up to a good point? Most of the scanners I found only have the first 1 or 2 chapters.
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 21:08   Link #694
g33k
Just another anime fool

Send a message via MSN to g33k
since we are reaching the end of Elfen Lied i just wanted to ask something...
does any1 know any series (licenced or not) that is like Elfen? if so plz post the name
thx ;D

Btw Elfen r0x ur socks off
g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 21:16   Link #695
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g33k
does any1 know any series (licenced or not) that is like Elfen? if so plz post the name
thx ;D

If you're talking about violence factor... I guess GANTZ, which in its uncut form exceeds this one?

If its cuteness & violence... No idea... Maybe some hentai flick.
Old 2004-10-15, 00:47   Link #696
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

You can also try Beserk or Hundred Stories.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 02:29   Link #697
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by g33k
thx ;D

Hmm... maybe you can try the Saikano manga and Narutaru manga...
Old 2004-10-15, 04:43   Link #698
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I just split off the last few posts about the Elfen Lied manga into it's own thread: Elfen Lied Manga. There's been a lot of manga discussion here, but I'm hoping that it can stay in the manga forum from now on.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 13:43   Link #699
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I just split off the last few posts about the Elfen Lied manga into it's own thread: Elfen Lied Manga. There's been a lot of manga discussion here, but I'm hoping that it can stay in the manga forum from now on.
Cool...now maybe I can start reading some posts again w/o worrying about seeing what happens in the last ep unitl I have time to actually watch it
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 15:06   Link #700
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
Cool...now maybe I can start reading some posts again w/o worrying about seeing what happens in the last ep unitl I have time to actually watch it
actually now it seems what happens in the manga has absolutely nothing to do with what will happen in the last episode

now continue waiting for the last episode of Elfen Lied...

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen