AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-16, 15:20   Link #181
Aqua Knight

Can't Ichigo just restore his powers via Inoue?
Old 2010-09-16, 16:13   Link #182
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I so hope he did. I just can't get over the fact that Kubo decided not to bring Kyouka Suigetsu's ability into this battle...
Ichigo is on a totally different level right now, Aizen won't see him blink.

Quote:
Can't Ichigo just restore his powers via Inoue?
You bet he can! No reason to though, this would be a fitting end to bleach.
Old 2010-09-16, 16:21   Link #183
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I really don't think this is the end of Bleach. The main reason, of course, is that it's one of the big three, and the shortest too. Kubo can still make a considerable amount of money off of Bleach considering it's popularity while ending it and starting a new manga would involve risks. Meanwhile, the other two have no signs of even getting close to the end(okay, maybe Naruto is arguable), while Naruto is on 510 and OP is 597 or something like that. I just don't see Bleach ending over a hundred chapters before the other two of the big three are even close to their end.

As for Ichigo getting his power back, it's pretty much taken for granted if Kubo doesn't end the manga or do a sequel etc. I like whoever proposed the theory of a time skip though. Honestly, FGT would lose it's meaning if Ichigo uses FGT and then beats Aizen/saves the world/loses his power and then two seconds later Inoue comes out of nowehere and *poof* gives Ichigo his powers back. It is called final for a reason. If Ichigo could get his power back directly afterwards, I see no point for Kubo to make such a big deal of FGT or to make new character designs beause it would be tantamount to any other power-up that Ichigo has previously gotten.
Old 2010-09-16, 16:25   Link #184
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
If Ichigo could get his power back directly afterwards, I see no point for Kubo to make such a big deal of FGT or to make new character designs beause it would be tantamount to any other power-up that Ichigo has previously gotten.
Kubo likes to exaggerate a lot, see Menos, Bankai, VL, Captains, Vizards AND Aizen. FGT should be no exception to his overhyping...the character designs may have been some sort of artistic experiment, but Ichigo can keep his current style regardless of the outcome.
Old 2010-09-16, 16:27   Link #185
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Yea time skip to the future where ichi and inoue are married and have kids.... and they become the new heroes of Bleach.
Old 2010-09-16, 16:30   Link #186
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Kubo likes to exaggerate a lot, see Menos, Bankai, VL, Captains, Vizards AND Aizen. FGT should be no exception to his overhyping...the character designs may have been some sort of artistic experiment, but Ichigo can keep his current style regardless of the outcome.
Right; he does overhype things. Maybe I phrased my sentence wrong, but the most important/interesting/essential factor of FGT would be null and void if Ichigo doesn't use lose his powers, or gains them back in a flash. It just doesn't make snese to introduce a new element into the story and then scrap it a couple chapters later.
Old 2010-09-16, 16:36   Link #187
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It adds lots of supposed suspense for the climax of the arc, helps up the sales. Whatever plot device he uses later on though, if bleach is to continue then Ichigo will be needing his powers back. Now, this COULD become another angsty Ichigo half-arc where he faces all kinds of personal moments of weakness, but that would be a total recycle of what happened in this arc. So, bad writing 1 or bad writing 2? o_0
Old 2010-09-16, 16:37   Link #188
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
I'm thinking that there are 3 possible avenues from this point:
1) This'll be part of the setup for a spin-off sequel - Ichigo has merged with Zangetsu and has therefore become a Zanpaktou who will be found 15 years later residing within the soul of the new Ichigo, and his plot-position replacement will have to fight an even greater evil than Aizen (Aizen's boss or cohort)
2) Ichigo's lost all of his shinigami powers but retained his hollow ones - he'll become a full (and very powerful) hollow and be hounded into hiding in Hueco Mundo by Soul Society (because Yama-jii's like that), becoming jaded and anti-shinigami. Some new evil (see above) will come along (around 50-100 years later, so that Yamajii'll have retired and Rukia and Shiro-chan will be adult-sized), and the shinigami will have to go to him for help and persuade him over a period of time to help them - he'll undergo training and evolve several times (becoming arrancar then super-arrancar), gaining enough power to defeat this new villain. If he wins in a similar fashion to this one (i.e. by giving up his powers), he'll settle down as a human and be happy. Otherwise, he'll find a way of becoming a regular shinigami again and join the Gotei 13.
3) He'll lose his powers and become a human. He'll settle down and several decades later, either a new evil power will arise or he'll get hit by a car, prompting shinigami to turn up (as before, aged and matured with new powers), and he regain his powers as a shinigami and either fight the bad guy or become a member of the Gotei 13
Sounds abit like kingdom hearts. First he becomes a heartless (hollow?) then a nobody (shinigami) then he merges with his keyblade (his zanpaktou) and wtf pwns ansem (aizen)
Old 2010-09-16, 17:07   Link #189
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Ichigo is on a totally different level right now, Aizen won't see him blink.
So? I didn't say anything about their power gap. I'm just deeply disappointed in how the fight went out after years of built up.
Old 2010-09-16, 18:09   Link #190
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It adds lots of supposed suspense for the climax of the arc, helps up the sales. Whatever plot device he uses later on though, if bleach is to continue then Ichigo will be needing his powers back. Now, this COULD become another angsty Ichigo half-arc where he faces all kinds of personal moments of weakness, but that would be a total recycle of what happened in this arc. So, bad writing 1 or bad writing 2? o_0
I was thinking more along the of Ichigo accepting the loss of his powers(after all, if he wasn't prepared to lose his powers, he wouldn't have used FGT) and then living life like a normal teenager for a bit. It would certainly give bleach a calm and serene mood for a while compared to the constant fighting that has been happening. Then a time skip or a plot device of a similar effect and after that, give Ichigo his powers back. Granted, what I just described is trite, but at least it works. If bad writing 1 is slightly better than bad writing 2, I would choose the less bad writing.
Old 2010-09-16, 18:48   Link #191
Rava

You'd probably have to also consider that Rukia lost her powers in the beginning as well and got them back. So the whole idea of losing powers permanently really isn't happening.
Old 2010-09-16, 19:15   Link #192
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Anyway, I'd find it hilarious if Ichigo used his FGT on Hinamori.
LMAO.... that would be hella funny!

And if we give it some thought, it might just be possible, I mean..... Aizen hasn't used his sword's special abilities on Strawberry-kun so now that he has gone all FinalFantasyLvL3 this should be a prime opportunity to pull of them shenanigans.

Also, I forgot to mention, I like how Mr-Troll pretty much said .... "oh fck it!" and didn't try to explain power in terms of Reiatsu anymore but instead; in terms of Dimensions.

One more thing: I thought that "the loss of power thingy" was temporary and only happened when strawberry-kun went FinalFantasy on someone...... did I mis the part where it strawberry-kun said it was a permanent loss of shinigami powers? Agrr.... I'll hafta go back and read this thing once again....
Old 2010-09-16, 19:16   Link #193
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Right; he does overhype things. Maybe I phrased my sentence wrong, but the most important/interesting/essential factor of FGT would be null and void if Ichigo doesn't use lose his powers, or gains them back in a flash. It just doesn't make snese to introduce a new element into the story and then scrap it a couple chapters later.
Well it is going to be a while before he gets his power back so why wouldn't make sense to put it in a few chapters later . That is fine unless you do it thousands of chapter later. I mean to grow on the idea of losing power is good
Old 2010-09-16, 19:25   Link #194
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Also the characters always get they're powers back (this may not always be the case with other anime)
Goku (He did loose his powers right?)
Lee, Rukia, Ishida, Isshin (thats all I can think of right now)
Old 2010-09-16, 19:30   Link #195
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPrincess View Post
Also the characters always get they're powers back (this may not always be the case with other anime)
Goku (He did loose his powers right?)
I have never heard of Goku ever losing his powers, only getting weak at times to fight.
Old 2010-09-16, 21:00   Link #196
Alchemist007
*Author

May be referring to the heart virus.
Old 2010-09-16, 21:03   Link #197
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
May be referring to the heart virus.
Oh yea he has lost power through that
Old 2010-09-16, 22:35   Link #198
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

The only problem im having is aizen never using his bankai i mean if his shikai is that unbeatable his bankai should make him more powerful...That being said that was before they changed aizen into a butterfly....
Old 2010-09-16, 22:40   Link #199
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
The only problem im having is aizen never using his bankai i mean if his shikai is that unbeatable his bankai should make him more powerful...That being said that was before they changed aizen into a butterfly....
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the hogyoku's power is greater than Aizen's bankai
Old 2010-09-16, 22:42   Link #200
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Kind of like how Tousen decided somehow his hollow powers were all that and didn't use his zanpaktoh. All of the top 6 espadas have skin thick enough to block a vice captain-level melee attack. Clearly Tousen's hollow power-up was worthless besides giving him a pair of goggles.
Closed Thread