AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-04, 01:06   Link #41
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Wow! Ive fallen in love with the first episode
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-04, 03:06   Link #42
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Saw the 1st episode and I'm likin' what I'm seeing.

Minor notes on consistency of the drawings, but still acceptable none-the-less.

Makoto should have taken lessons from the main guy.

Hope a good fansub group takes this up.
Old 2007-10-04, 03:45   Link #43
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I expected to find this pretty bad, and I did...for about 30 seconds. It was like: where do they come up with these crass ideas? And then they started making fun of the whole thing and veering off in weirdly amusing directions. Somehow that made it possible to enjoy the fanservice and the moe. One could have one's cake and eat it, too, I suppose. I liked the protagonist. No overreactions, yet. The relationship, as totally improbable as it is, works in context and is quite human. And this is the best Kadowaki Mai (the succubus) has ever done. I think she nails it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-10-04, 04:50   Link #44
changeup

The first episode certainly takes several popular elements to a new level. Hot girls are common, but so attractive that every man will immediately turn into a beast? Attractive guys are common, but to the extent of being bound by girls and sexually harrassed? Also young boy and girl living together is not rare in anime, but in the same bed... wow

I can't wait for the debut of the other heroine, the tsundere seitoukaijou~ ma~ she's actually already appeared towards the end of the first episode.
Old 2007-10-04, 05:11   Link #45
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Attractive guys are common, but to the extent of being bound by girls and sexually harrassed?
Actually, he's being harrassed because his classmates "like to see his troubled face". Not just girls, but guys as well (hence their attacks after he freed himself from the girl sekuhara squad, ww). He's popular with girls because their charms have no effect on him like they do on typical boys. That's probably why he can resist Mayu's succubus powers. I don't think his looks have anything to do with him being sexually harrassed.
Old 2007-10-04, 10:16   Link #46
Akatsuki002

The 1st Episode Is SO HOT haha Think i watch this anime
Old 2007-10-04, 11:16   Link #47
NeoSam

I knew this was one of my must watch shows from the time I started this thread. Afterall, it did win in the 2004 Fantasy Novel Grand Prize.

The first volume of the manga (based on the shounen light novel) will be released on October 9, 2007.
Cover:

Shounen manga.
Serialized in the shounen manga magazine Dragon Age.
Old 2007-10-04, 17:31   Link #48
nehnehneji
Minami-ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

Hope a good fansub group takes this up.
AnimeYoshi is going to be according to their website (www.animeyoshi.org). Loved their subs for Kaze no Stigma...
Old 2007-10-05, 09:41   Link #49
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I hope this becomes their top priority though. :|
Old 2007-10-05, 16:20   Link #50
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I hope this becomes their top priority though. :|
well they are only going to sub 2 series, this one and Gundam 00. Since gundam comes out saturday and this one wednsday it should not be a problem. And when they did Kaze no Stigma they were pretty quick about it. And there subs are really good as well so im pretty happy about it. And they are not the type of group that will stop halfway through.
Old 2007-10-05, 16:22   Link #51
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
well they are only going to sub 2 series, this one and Gundam 00. Since gundam comes out saturday and this one wednsday it should not be a problem. And when they did Kaze no Stigma they were pretty quick about it. And there subs are really good as well so im pretty happy about it. And they are not the type of group that will stop halfway through.
Aren't they still busy finishing up their other projects though?
Old 2007-10-05, 17:09   Link #52
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Aren't they still busy finishing up their other projects though?
Other than Kaze the other projects were School Days and Zombie Loan. Both which are already done and sub. Like I said they are pretty fast.
Old 2007-10-06, 16:27   Link #53
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Both which are already done and sub.
Not according to their site or tracker...
Old 2007-10-06, 17:09   Link #54
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
Not according to their site or tracker...
yeah sorry about that. I thought they finished but they still have 3 more for Zombie loan. oops my bad. But still they are fast so maybe before the next ep comes out this should be subbed. Or at least I hope.
Old 2007-10-06, 21:11   Link #55
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Anyways I really hope someone picks this series, because I have a feeling Im going to really like this series
Old 2007-10-06, 23:28   Link #56
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is a sort of show we're not seeing nearly as many of these days (after seeing a whole bunch a few years back). It's silly, it's fanservicey, it doesn't take itself too overly seriously, but somehow you can still find yourself cheering for the main couple and interested in what happens next. If you liked Girls Bravo, DearS, Hanaukyo Maid Team, and other shows like those, this might be just up your alley.

Spoiler for Episode 1:
So yeah... this is definitely the sort of show that all the critics will hate, and possibly for good reason, but it fills a gap that seems somehow missing from anime these days. So I'll keep watching.
Old 2007-10-06, 23:55   Link #57
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I really like this one, I'm gonna follow this through...
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-10-07, 03:54   Link #58
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
So yeah... this is definitely the sort of show that all the critics will hate, and possibly for good reason, but it fills a gap that seems somehow missing from anime these days. So I'll keep watching.
bleh - everyone is a critic

what ever happened to the saying of "if you dont like dont watch!"

But like you said, you dont get much series like this these days and i think it is a nice change from all the "serious" titles out there.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-07, 13:53   Link #59
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
bleh - everyone is a critic

what ever happened to the saying of "if you dont like dont watch!"

But like you said, you dont get much series like this these days and i think it is a nice change from all the "serious" titles out there.
Yup -- I think the moral of the story is: critics be damned. Of course, that's always the case. As you said, what I liked was that it's completely unpretentious. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Old 2007-10-07, 14:47   Link #60
UPR

And it's good that one can instantly like the main characters. And that we get to see the characters get together.

Spoiler for blue hair girl at the end:

Tags
aic spirits, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, kadokawa, romance, shounen