AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-20, 09:43   Link #21
ZeroForever

hmm a more detailed translation of the chapter is up...
gomu gomu no scapegoat = pwn... poor buggy.

And its the 5th division caption vs Mihawk

the PX army seems over powered as since i'm not really sure what could beat mass laser beam spam. Curious to see the picture though as if it's really a army i expect hundreds to thousands of them.
Old 2009-10-20, 10:40   Link #22
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Aww omg that's gay. Army of pacifistas? Weak story imo. They're just going to like spam the lazer beams and half the people are gonna be dead.
Dont worry, they will just fall like toys.I'd give them a chance if there were max 6-7 pacifista but an army means that just more lambs to slaughter.Im sure that half of PX army will be defeated by Whitebeard in a single move.
But hell at least pacifistas are much better pawns than those weakling marines running away in fear...

And yes if thats the entire plan its pretty much total failure.I hope Sengoku still has something in his mind..maybe pacifistas are just a distraction for a bigger event?

That other spoiler is just a bit too much.Oda had a great chance to unleash the king haki on Magellan whose impossible to touch in melee but he didnt even thou there were loads of haki previews all over Impel Down arc.Why (no offense I know Mihawk is strong and blahblah) waste it on a normal non-devil fruit human like Mihawk? Correct me if Im wrong but the main purpose of Luffy's haki's is to get rid of logias once and for all, not to haki blast everything he comes across.

Last edited by Rawrz; 2009-10-20 at 10:50.
Old 2009-10-20, 10:44   Link #23
Talendra

That part about Mihawk fighting a swordsman that he actually acknowledges sounds pretty interesting, and while im not a Buggy-fan, him trying to finish off Mihawk will sureley be a funny show to watch.

When it comes to an "Army of pacifista" i rather think in numbers of max 30-50... remember, each one equals the resources required an Battleship. Even if the WG/Marins have such masses on their disposal, the pacifista are still a secret project, and there have to be limits on how much money can be spend on one project...

Also... there probably is only a limited number of bodies big enough to use them ? (given a large body is required to put such amounts of tech into it)
Old 2009-10-20, 11:04   Link #24
Rainbowman

My review: Luffy's fight with Mihawk only to have someone else fight Mihawk (good thing). Crocodile declines Doflamingo's offer then attacks him. Too bad. I wonder how Doflamingo would retaliate? As for Sengoku's plan (which involves the Pacifistas), he doesn't want to trap the major pirates. It sounds more like he wants them destroyed. BTW, I bet there was a random picture of the Strawhat crew rather than continuing the separation serial as there was no more mention of any mini-stories.
Old 2009-10-20, 11:07   Link #25
kakakka

Well, if the pacifista surrounded the pirates, it's more easier to destroy the pirates because the area is limited for pirates to retaliate, and they can't escape (if they ever think of doing so). So it's also some sort of trap.
Old 2009-10-20, 11:07   Link #26
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Why (no offense I know Mihawk is strong and blahblah) waste it on a normal non-devil fruit human like Mihawk? Correct me if Im wrong but the main purpose of Luffy's haki's is to get rid of logias once and for all, not to haki blast everything he comes across.
Seems like people still don't get Haki.

It is not a tool to defeat Devil Fruits, it is the measure of a person's will and spirit.

The introduction of Haki and how it neutralises abilities is not to show that it is a key to defeating the Devil Fruit users. Instead it is to show that Devil Fruits are just another weapon that one can use to fight, but to fight one must have the will.

Like fighting spirit (touki in Hokuto no Ken), which drives people to fight and defeat each other, ambition or dominating spirit, Haki, is the driving force for people to defeat all obstacles to reach for their goals.

If your Haki is strong enough, you will not stop at any obstacle, you will get around them if you can, smash them if you can't get around and if the opponent is stronger than you, you don't give up until you die.

You can say that Haki is fighting spirit in a broader sense.

Read the entire Haki thread if you haven't.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-10-20, 11:19   Link #27
Prestige

More spoiler details are out;

Quote:
Scene back to Luffy
Two prisoners attack Mihawk, and says their names but I forgot them. (<- Nja's comment)
Mihwak says the likes of "I don't remember names of fodders" and continues attacking Luffy
Luffy finds Buggy up in the sky. "Gomu Gomu no JET scapegoat!"
Switch places with Buggy, and now it's Buggy vs Mihawk

Buggy doesn't die even from getting sliced into bits, and he gets cocky and shoots a bomb at Mihawk.
Mihawk hits the bomb back at Buggy, blowing him up.
Luffy: BUGGGGYYYYYY!!! I will never forget you!!

Luffy gets back to heading to his brother, and Marco is watching him.
Marco: Hey, back him up!
Marco calls up the fifth division captain, Vista "The Sword Flower".

Mihwak vs Vista
Vista: First time to meet you, good sir Hawkeye.
Mihawk: You are the Whitebeard Pirates Fifth DIvision Captain Vista "The Sword Flower" are you not!?
Vista: Oh, you know me?
Mihawk: Of course I would....
So a long waited Buggy vs Mihawk is here, though it seems to be short one but its nice to see it anyway.
Old 2009-10-20, 11:30   Link #28
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Continuation from above:

Quote:
Luffy gets back to heading to his brother, and Marco is watching him.
Marco: Hey, back him up!
Marco calls up the fifth division captain, Vista “The Sword Flower”.

Mihwak vs Vista
Vista: First time to meet you, good sir Hawkeye.
Mihawk: You are the Whitebeard Pirates Fifth DIvision Captain Vista “The Sword Flower” are you not!?
Vista: Oh, you know me?
Mihawk: Of course I would….

Sengoku stops the broadcast
Sengoku (If we broadcast this, the whole world might be against us… the only thing that needs to be broadcasted after is our victory)
After that, huge army of PX shows up
Old 2009-10-20, 11:32   Link #29
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Vista is going down. I wouldn't expect their duel to be very long. It will probably be something like Zoro vs. Ryuuma back at Thriller Bark.

Also, something tells me that Crocodile has set himself up for a big beating. He should've accepted Doflamingo's offer to team up, because now things are going to be much more difficult for him. Once again, he lets his pride and arrogance get the better of him, and thus I won't find it surprising if he falls soon.
Old 2009-10-20, 11:38   Link #30
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Crocodile has no reason to team up with Dflamingo seeing as Dflamingo is, currently, on the marines side and marines are his enemies.

I hope that Vista will be enough to keep Mihawk occupied for quite a wihle even if he cant defeat him. Afterall, he is a captain on the strongest pirate crew in the world.
Old 2009-10-20, 12:11   Link #31
Rainbowman

From what deltaxxmintpie has said:

Sengoku stops the broadcast
Sengoku (If we broadcast this, the whole world might be against us… the only thing that needs to be broadcasted after is our victory)
After that, huge army of PX shows up

Something tells me that Sengoku's actions involving the Pacifistas may cost him his position. I wonder if Blackbeard would come around to reveal this plot as part of his plans to "shake" the world.
Old 2009-10-20, 13:18   Link #32
Talendra

Now that you mention it... thats a little confusing for me... why exactly would it be a risk for the Marines public reputation... if at all, shouldnt the people consider a powerful army of loyal robots a positive development, as long as they stand on the side of justice?

Sure, there is always the Terminator-Risk going on, but on the other hand, i can imagine quite a lot of people pissed at corrupt Marines... at the end of the day, why would a lot of pacifista be a risk to the Marine Forces legitimation? - Another indicator that there is far more to Sengokus plan than just pacifista...
Old 2009-10-20, 13:25   Link #33
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
Now that you mention it... thats a little confusing for me... why exactly would it be a risk for the Marines public reputation... if at all, shouldnt the people consider a powerful army of loyal robots a positive development, as long as they stand on the side of justice?

Sure, there is always the Terminator-Risk going on, but on the other hand, i can imagine quite a lot of people pissed at corrupt Marines... at the end of the day, why would a lot of pacifista be a risk to the Marine Forces legitimation? - Another indicator that there is far more to Sengokus plan than just pacifista...
Be patient :P it'll be revealed gradually, for now I'm gonna just make a wild guess that the Pacifitas or even Doctor vegapunk technology will have something to do with the lost technology from Void century, same as those Ancient weapons.
Old 2009-10-20, 13:31   Link #34
andy

Man i not really a buggy fan but him trying to beat mihawk is to fuuny .
What even more funny is luffy saying he never forgive mihawk cause he think he kill buggy.

The PX are monsters it took all the SH to beat 1. NW pirates are not depends on how much they are it going cause real trouble.
Old 2009-10-20, 13:36   Link #35
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaxxmintpie View Post
Crocodile has no reason to team up with Dflamingo seeing as Dflamingo is, currently, on the marines side and marines are his enemies.
Yes, but the marines and Crocodile have one common objective, and that is to take down Whitebeard and his forces. That is reason enough for him to collaborate with them, and thus Doflamingo as well.
Old 2009-10-20, 14:00   Link #36
marvelB

Gah, I meant to reply sooner, but I overslept.... still, good to know that the spoilers were confirmed to be true. I'm really hoping that Vista is the Whitebeard commander who wears the top hat (he was shown to be a swordsman, after all). He's one of my favorite commanders, design-wise......

I love that the prediction of Buggy fighting Mihawk came true, even if the result was dead obvious (and hilarious, to boot! ). I definitely wouldn't put it past his followers to believe that he was merely holding back, though.

Still, pretty interesting to see that Mihawk took an interest in Luffy's growth (I especially like how he recognizes Luffy for the influence he has on others, including former enemies). I'm still sorta sticking with the idea that Mihawk's testing himself as much as he is testing Luffy......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Also, something tells me that Crocodile has set himself up for a big beating. He should've accepted Doflamingo's offer to team up, because now things are going to be much more difficult for him. Once again, he lets his pride and arrogance get the better of him, and thus I won't find it surprising if he falls soon.

Yep, I pretty much said the same thing myself last page. At least he would've had an easier time against Jozu with Doflamingo's help, but now he pretty much set himself up for a 3-way fight (at least, if Daz doesn't lend him a hand, anyway). I mean, I know that Crocoboy's distrustful and all, but goddamn......

By the way, I pointed out before that the first spoiler summary mentioned that the pacifista army was led by Sentoumaru. I still think it would be pretty neat for Luffy to have a rematch against him now. I know that guy's tough, but since he's not a Logia like Smoker (nor has he shown himself to be as much of a monster as Magellan or Mihawk), I think Luffy has a better chance of beating him this time around......

Edit: By the way, it seems that the ministory is truly over now, which surprises me. This would mean that this was the shortest ministory that we've had in the series by far (this one was only 18 chapters, while the standard length is 30). Well, I guess I can cross my fingers for that Foxy ministory now.......

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-10-20 at 14:15.
Old 2009-10-20, 14:35   Link #37
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I am assuming a member of the seven would be better than Vista. But, I wonder who that guy is.

And, the part about Mihawk and Luffy seems to be getting more interesting. Oh, with Buggy added to the mix, we will get enough comedy in this one, which is always a good and welcome thing.
Old 2009-10-20, 15:05   Link #38
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Lol dudes name is Vista? Instantly reminded me of Windows Vista. Hope he doesn't fail like the OS did.
Old 2009-10-20, 15:15   Link #39
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Lol dudes name is Vista? Instantly reminded me of Windows Vista. Hope he doesn't fail like the OS did.
Yep, and Mihawk is a member of Shichibukai, a group of seven.
Old 2009-10-20, 15:50   Link #40
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Yep, and Mihawk is a member of Shichibukai, a group of seven.
Hahaha wow. Wthell.