AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-21, 20:05   Link #2041
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Spoiler for EP16:
Exactly as I had thought going into that part of the episode -- else -- they'd really be risking... KABOOM!!! And we can't have any of that.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 20:18   Link #2042
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
And Gruier for the block! With an assist by Grunhilde, what a display of teamwork from Team Serenity!

Competition for Marika's attention is a no holds bared affair in the world of Miniskirt Pirates.

As for ep 16

The middle of the episode had me cringing through the whole thing... not because it was bad, it was highly amusing, but cringing at the sound of Marika's and the Bentenmaru's hard fought professional reputation coming crashing to the ground. Damn you Mami (good job Mami!) you and your bizarre fashion hawking. Of course, despite this, the job was completed successfully, and the Letter of Marquee is safe, because things work out when you're a pirate.

Next up. Dread Pirate Marika is displeased that Jenny isn't getting any screen time, this will not stand. Time for some corporate raiding!
Ugh... that part was painful for me to watch, I had to take it in 30 sec intervals. I was actually filled with some dread that some yahoo was going to make trouble since these cosplay girls weren't all that dangerous looking, and that Marika was going to have to get violent.

Then the singing started and I realized it was just going to be a farce.

Good note on robbing the kitchen supplies though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What was Mami thinking? Couldn't she have kept to a single theme? That went better with piracy?
I know! Mami! What were you thinking? Marika, you need to start giving Mami some better direction instead of just letting her do her own thing. Just make her part of your official crew as the costume designer and make sure she's supervised. Drag her off in to space too.

As for Jenny rescue... well yes, you got to save Jenny but...

This is no time be having your A team out of commission.

I like the girls and all, but this is not a rookie mission, you need to kidnap her without anyone figuring out you're the ones doing it. Otherwise there will be trouble later.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 20:54   Link #2043
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post

I like the girls and all, but this is not a rookie mission, you need to kidnap her without anyone figuring out you're the ones doing it. Otherwise there will be trouble later.
I completely agree with this. Even though they are your friends, Marika, this is no time to have rookies as your crew, even if it can't be helped.

Things were looking pretty interesting between Marika and Chiaki in the Captain's quarters, but then, suddenly Serenity!

Did anyone else notice that the third bunk that Marika checked on had 5 girls and 4 bunks? Hmmm...

(I'm willfully ignoring that the first bunk had only three girls and the 5th girl in the third bunk probably has abed in the first bunk)

Spoiler for And now it's time for Chiaki pictures.:

Fight for your love, Lynn-chan!

Endless "Yuri rescue" Soul
Old 2012-04-21, 21:00   Link #2044
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post

Unfortunately, from the sound of things there is no time to wait for the regular crew to be out of quarantine. And breaking them out by force would probably cause a number of problems on its own.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 21:02   Link #2045
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Either that or they're hot bunking: two people are assigned to the same bunk but different shifts. When A is on shift, B is off-shift and asleep; when B is on-shift, A is in the bunk. That's how submarines manage their crews, since they're crewed round the clock - which would probably be in effect for Bentenmaru as well.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 21:30   Link #2046
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What was Mami thinking? Couldn't she have kept to a single theme? That went better with piracy?
At least Lynn got a nice costume, though I think it would've been better if it looked a bit more like Captain Harlock's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Some girls dislikes forced marriages i.e. no consent was given. Jenny seems to be unhappy with her arranged marriage.
Because she's in love with Lynn. Don't deny it, you know it to be true. Give in to the Yuri Side.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 22:36   Link #2047
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I thought the director was following a policy of no romance/yuri?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 22:36   Link #2048
Midonin
Last Engage

The director is. That says nothing about the fans.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 22:54   Link #2049
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Either that or they're hot bunking: two people are assigned to the same bunk but different shifts. When A is on shift, B is off-shift and asleep; when B is on-shift, A is in the bunk. That's how submarines manage their crews, since they're crewed round the clock - which would probably be in effect for Bentenmaru as well.
That's true and makes total sense. However, the entire Yacht Club was present on the bridge, so I don't think they're hot bunking.

Endless "Crewed around the clock" Soul
Old 2012-04-21, 23:07   Link #2050
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I thought the director was following a policy of no romance/yuri?
No, he never said anything about yuri. He didn't specify anything at all actually. Only that the story would focus on friendship instead of romance. Personally, I think he was talking about avoiding these sort of subplots that include the protagonist and his/her love interests and last the entire duration of the series.

Now, the Jenny rescue mission will take one or two episode at most to be resolved, and it's a rescue mission so it doesn't have nothing to do with romance per se. All we (the yuri fans I mean) are hoping for is for ONE particular scene to be included. That's all.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-04-21 at 23:53.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 00:16   Link #2051
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Kind of amazing that we get only the second panty shot thus far in 16 episodes. Not what I was expecting long ago based on the title.
Hmm... do you have a timestamp on that? I must have missed it. It's important that I keep records of these things.
Old 2012-04-22, 00:31   Link #2052
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Ah yes, priorities.
Old 2012-04-22, 01:56   Link #2053
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The thought of the yacht club going into actual combat in those outfits is.....
Old 2012-04-22, 02:12   Link #2054
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Doesn't look it, from the scene with Lynn. They've got one person standing watch on the bridge, that's all.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 02:13   Link #2055
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ok, that pirate raid was comically awkward. I had the pause the video several time to look away and laugh. And finally. What we all been waiting for....the Yuri romance between Jenny and Lynn. Can't wait for the next episode! Fight on Bentenmaru!
Old 2012-04-22, 02:29   Link #2056
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The liner crew was somewhat put out by the rookie pirates, but after the passangers warmed up to them and all went well, things were happy. At least Lynn's blaster was there to remind people, "Hello, Pirates". Also Show seems to be pulling favors for Marika.

This also looks to be the same liner crew Chiaki raided while Marika was busy. Even mentions that the voice print matched so it wasn't a fake this time. (Though I think they really enjoyed Chiaki's over the top raid).

That newbie...the littliest First Year/helmsman. She always has those little dog ear-like flaps...on anything she wears.

It is too bad they didn't have Chiaki and the Princesses join Marika...or stage them as the plants to either try to fight Marika, or be kidnapping victums. Actually a staged rivalry between Captain Marika (Red Head) and "Captain Marika" (Dark Queen) would be very entertaining.

And yes, Mami needs to set a style rather than go random. That or someone needs to take the sowing needle away from that girl.
Old 2012-04-22, 03:08   Link #2057
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Hmm... do you have a timestamp on that? I must have missed it. It's important that I keep records of these things.
Around 21:25.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 07:05   Link #2058
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Hear that sound? That's the sound of everyone scrambling to open their players.

Good eye TPP.

Endless "Scrambling" Soul
Old 2012-04-22, 07:11   Link #2059
Random Wanderer

Quote:
On Gruelle? Hmm... maybe. What we see there is the exact same color as the inside of her skirt, however. It may simply be that we are seeing between her legs to the part of the skirt she is sitting on.
Old 2012-04-22, 07:16   Link #2060
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm so disappointed Chiaki didn't join in on the cosplaying fun... I'm sure she would have enjoyed it.

Next episode looks like it will be great. Rescuing beautiful girls from arranged marriages is always exciting, even more so when it possibly is so that she can run away with her lesbian lvoer. I'm hoping Lynn and Jenny's "relationship" will be clarified next week.

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri