Notices

Old 2013-01-30, 04:13   Link #1681
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
[Contents]

"I only want to, be useful to Shidou-san!"
In this hopeless situation ,Kurumi, the worst spirit has appeared in front of Shidou. She has said she will lend her power in order to rescue Tohka from the DEM but------!?

full thing
The teaser kind of implies that Kurumi's help doesn't come free of charge. More likely than not, she's probably lending a hand because her "goal" might be accomplished sooner than she expected.

I'm curious as to whether the "new seirei per volume" trend will be broken by Volume 7, or if a new one will intervene midway through the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
actually my opinion is that Kurumi is what will happen to Tohka if Shidou didn't save her
Considering Tohka herself already mentioned this in Volume 3, pretty much.
Old 2013-01-30, 06:48   Link #1682
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Kurumi's goal is Shidou, I refuse to believe in anything else =)
I would put my bet on new seirei intervening midway through the story in vol 7 ~
Old 2013-01-30, 07:19   Link #1683
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Did you guys forget that there are 10 Serei? So we still got a ways to go before his harem stops lol and so far he's encountered 6 Serei which are the 7 girls (kaguya and yuzuru are the same Serei just two girls) and so far shidou only has yet to capture kurumi which I believe is coming soon lol but I think this next volume we're gonna see someone fighting Ellen which would be awesome lol
Old 2013-01-30, 07:21   Link #1684
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Now imagine if the next seirei is actually a guy =(
Old 2013-01-30, 10:23   Link #1685
imbuement

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Now imagine if the next seirei is actually a guy =(
Then probably he is Shidou. DAL is a harem. Phew!
imbuement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:07   Link #1686
Marly
>AS

Is it really too much to ask for Kurumi to stay as an irredeemable villain character and not be after the main character's dick like everyone else, or am I the only one here hoping for that?
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 12:04   Link #1687
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
Is it really too much to ask for Kurumi to stay as an irredeemable villain character and not be after the main character's dick like everyone else, or am I the only one here hoping for that?
I believe she's been going for Shidou's dick from the beginning. Didn't she always say things like becoming one with Shidou in vol. 3?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 12:07   Link #1688
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Except that Kurumi is far from irredeemable, nor is she a villain, as evidenced by Volume 4 during the exchange between her and "that person". She's far from being a flanderized psychotic killer character.
Old 2013-01-30, 12:13   Link #1689
holybell84

I got a feeling she's gonna kiss Shidou on the lips in front of all the girls after this arc is over -_- just to troll them
Old 2013-01-30, 12:20   Link #1690
XFire
150% done

Kurumi, supposing Shidou helps her out of the "MURDERDEATHKILLSLAUGHTER" phase, will probably be a tease character. Basically she likes the chaos surrounding Shidou and the girls and actively provokes it for fun.
Old 2013-01-30, 12:46   Link #1691
nfsac

Where is Tohka, in a cell? Lab cell? That ASt girl got her to their base I guess?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 14:09   Link #1692
EvI

hm something i didn't understood was that ending on volume 4...what happened there with kurumi?
and well in my eyes she was never a real villain, she is more like a lonely girl , incredible lonely just like that red haired girl i forgot the name from itsuka series...

edit: just remembered her name is himea...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 15:05   Link #1693
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I believe she's been going for Shidou's dick from the beginning. Didn't she always say things like becoming one with Shidou in vol. 3?
I thought the implication was she was after him for his ability to seal spirits' powers inside him, not because she liked him just because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Except that Kurumi is far from irredeemable, nor is she a villain, as evidenced by Volume 4 during the exchange between her and "that person". She's far from being a flanderized psychotic killer character.
I'd say killing thousands of people would categorize a character as 'irredeemable,' regardless of how unimportant the victims were. As for that exchange, do enlighten me on what it was (I'm assuming it's the epilogue chapter of Vol.4 that hasn't been translated), as from what I've read, she's the closest thing the series has to an actual antagonist/villain.
Old 2013-01-30, 15:09   Link #1694
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
I thought the implication was she was after him for his ability to seal spirits' powers inside him, not because she liked him just because.

I'd say killing thousands of people would categorize a character as 'irredeemable,' regardless of how unimportant the victims were. As for that exchange, do enlighten me on what it was (I'm assuming it's the epilogue chapter of Vol.4 that hasn't been translated), as from what I've read, she's the closest thing the series has to an actual antagonist/villain.
Personally I would view the DEM as the villain rather than Kurumi~ but that's just me~
Old 2013-01-30, 15:12   Link #1695
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Personally I would view the DEM as the villain rather than Kurumi~ but that's just me~
Yeah, I suppose they do fit that category too. It doesn't really exclude Kurumi from being one, though.
Old 2013-01-30, 15:40   Link #1696
DevotionFX
紅月の瞋願

In my personally view, DEM is an enemy, Kurumi is an uncontrolled valiant, but no one has appeared to be the main villain, and last... there's a culprit.

or maybe main villain = culprit
DevotionFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 16:24   Link #1697
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
I got a feeling she's gonna kiss Shidou on the lips in front of all the girls after this arc is over -_- just to troll them
I see this happening while the DEM being theism villain. Isn't key I supposed to help get tohka back anyways?
Old 2013-01-30, 20:56   Link #1698
sky black swordman

After being kill in some gruesome and quite possibly horrifying ways so many time, Isn't possibility that Kurumi only became like this because of that ?

I 'm with you guys that think that DEM is the villain.
Old 2013-01-31, 03:22   Link #1699
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Tohka herself was suspicious of humans, believed that they were all out to kill her, and was even willing to kill Shidou during their initial encounters. Would that belief of her brand her as irredemable, considering that we never really find out the casualties involved with Tohka's prior appearances (spacequakes and all)? Yoshino was scared of every human, not just out of fear of hurting them but because of their open hostility towards her. Every time they've shown up, they receive nothing but open hostilities. Kurumi's been around longer than the both of them, and every time she's appeared she was met with aggression, "killed" countless times and was treated as an existence rejected by the world, like most seireis.

To the seirei, their rule is "kill or be killed" - the only human interaction they've had is one-sided aggression, and their only choice is to fight back or wait until they "disappear", of which they aren't even unclear as to when it happens. The only reason seireis are even recently amicable is because of Shidou and his efforts (thanks to Kotori); he's the only one who has really interacted with them in a manner different from "kill-on-sight", and gave them a different option of interacting with the world that would not lead to them being generally treated as enemies of the world.

Kurumi is what Tohka, Yoshino, and every other seirei would have ended up had Shidou not come to save them, in a sense being the logical extreme regarding how they've interacted with the world so far. To her, every human is a hostile threat, much like how Tohka and Yoshino perceived them to be prior to encountering Shidou. They've never had any other interaction to show them otherwise; when Shidou presented the alternative choice to Kurumi, that he was willing to "save" and understand her, Kurumi was visibly horrified. She even had to "kill" herself just to wipe the slate clean and stick with her goal. But considering how volume 4's epiloge showed how she was able to drain energy yet hold herself back from killing, it could possibly be a signal of change for Kurumi, even if she was just holding back in order to not get found out by Ifreet as she was still weak and in hiding at the time. And considering that her penultimate goal shows empathy for her seirei kind, there is clearly more to her character than just "I LIKE TO KILL AND I HAVE A CRAZY LAUGH TO GO WITH IT".

So yes. I really doubt that she is an irredeemable villain considering her circumstances. If anything, reducing her to generic psycho killer would just horribly flanderize her character.
Old 2013-01-31, 04:53   Link #1700
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

After reading that ^ *Must...resist...reading vol 4 before official translation came out*...

on a side note~ Kotori....can't....resist....

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy