AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-13, 16:40   Link #1921
Used Can

It's going to be funny if Lygophile is done with translating chapter 5 of volume 6, but the other friend (whose contribution is highly appreciated, of course), still isn't done with chapter 1.

At least, we'll get to read the whole volume in one sitting.
Old 2014-04-14, 21:47   Link #1922
cheeko
Natusme <3

Why is the manga so far behind?
cheeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 00:27   Link #1923
Iron Maw
Banned

The manga itself actually isn't that far behind, but rather its the scanlation that is. The Japanese raws are up to chapter 47 and are currently adapting the middle of vol 6 at the moment. The main reason scans are slow is because the translator Teh Ping has quite a lot on his plate. He helps VISCANS with manga whenever he has the spare time and is done with his quota for his other works. The manga has also become less of priority for him now that LNs are finally being translated so he's just adjusting his to give his projects more attention.

For a bit of trivia, Teh Ping (known as Sleep_ping on AS) is one Baka-Tsuki's most respected translators. He actually did a part of the first chapter of volume 1 as teaser in hopes of generating interest among the community and attracting other translators to start the project. Until Lygophile step up the TR hadn't been going anywhere for months despite it being largely received favorably with members at Baka-Tsuki and Teh Ping himself was already too committed to several other series to handle this. Then Lygo out where picked it up at the middle of December and rest is history as you see it.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-04-15 at 02:45.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:30   Link #1924
NectorPrime
Combat Butler In Training

Ah can't wait till vol 11 of light novels but still gotta wait for it to be translated after that ..
NectorPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 10:34   Link #1925
Iron Maw
Banned

It actually happened...

Vol 6 Ch 5 is up and with that the volume is eh... sort of complete? lol

Oh and seems like Lygo had some real trouble with the chants this time around. Hopefully someone can help him there.

BTW, anyone know where these images are from?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
They came from here apparently:
http://hi.baidu.com/uzumakugaran/ite...392e4f3075a162
Old 2014-04-16, 14:07   Link #1926
Sakai Yuji
坂井 悠二

Well it says something about a magezine. (Dragon Magazine 2014年5月号(2014/03/20))

Perhaps a short story, with little advertisement about vol. 11? As seen in the pic.
Old 2014-04-16, 18:08   Link #1927
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakai Yuji View Post
Well it says something about a magezine. (Dragon Magazine 2014年5月号(2014/03/20))

Perhaps a short story, with little advertisement about vol. 11? As seen in the pic.
A short story seems more likely. If so, it's probably already released judging by the date. The April date just seems to be advert for vol 11. Eitherway, the second image definitely isn't something from the novels despite the LN artist being behind it. thanks for the info.

Getting on another track, I wonder what Natsume is going to do with her life now?

She grew up entire believing she was the Tsuchimikado heir and despite having to put up with unreasonable demands, terrorist attacks and abductions by lunatics, people telling her she is someone she isn't, having virtually a non-existent social life and a living emotionally distanced parent. Still she took a great deal of pride in who she believed she was. Natsume staked her entire life and goals around repairing Tsuchimikado's status and legacy, braving those hardships because she thought it meant something. Then she learns shortly before her death that was all built upon a lie and one person she could find some solace in is no longer there. Almost everything that made what she was has been stripped for her. It's no wonder Harutora feels extreme guilt.

Natsume sacrificed the most, but got least of anyone in this situation. Saying she drew the short stick is complete understatement. She may no longer have any obligations to up hold, but I don't think she feels happy more awkward if anything.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-04-16 at 18:39.
Old 2014-04-16, 18:26   Link #1928
NectorPrime

I have to agree with you on that one but she did it for the one she loved in the end I guess she could feel abit of happiness from it all even tho she found out the truth at the last moment but it's still unacceptable tho anyway do you have any ideas on what the next novels route will be ?
Old 2014-04-16, 18:41   Link #1929
noctis_lucis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post

She grew up entire believing she was the Tsuchimikado heir and despite having to put up with unreasonable demands, terrorist attacks and abductions by lunatics, people telling her she someone she isn't, having virtually a non-existent social life and a living emotionally distanced parent. Still she took a great deal of pride in who she believed she was. Natsume staked her entire life and goals around repairing Tsuchimikado's status and legacy, braving those hardships because she thought it meant something. Then she learns shortly before her death that was all built upon a lie and one person she could find some solace in is no longer there. Almost everything that made what she was has been stripped for her. It's no wonder Harutora feels extreme guilt.

I completely agree with you plus he failed to bring her back and now she's a undead hybrid so I think he's avoiding her and he must feel extremely guilty for all these reasons.
Old 2014-04-16, 18:44   Link #1930
NectorPrime

It does make you think hes avoiding her because of everything but there's got to be more to it but I guess we won't find out just yet

I wonder what the rest of the gang are gonna think once they find natsume and haratora considering what's happend since they disappeared plus kyoko and Suzuka are in love with haratora what's gonna be their reaction I wonder cause the last episode of the anime it seems they think he might of forgotten them

Last edited by NectorPrime; 2014-04-16 at 18:56.
Old 2014-04-16, 19:27   Link #1931
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctis_lucis View Post
I completely agree with you plus he failed to bring her back and now she's a undead hybrid so I think he's avoiding her and he must feel extremely guilty for all these reasons.
Eh feels like there more to it then that, otherwise he's just being a baka again. If anything she needs him a lot more now if that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NectorPrime View Post
It does make you think hes avoiding her because of everything but there's got to be more to it but I guess we won't find out just yet

I wonder what the rest of the gang are gonna think once they find natsume and haratora considering what's happend since they disappeared plus kyoko and Suzuka are in love with haratora what's gonna be their reaction I wonder cause the last episode of the anime it seems they think he might of forgotten them
Yeah, Touji and co don't care Yakou at all and are more scared that a close friend of theirs body has been jacked and is now just a stranger.
Old 2014-04-16, 19:47   Link #1932
NectorPrime

Quote:
Eh feels like there more to it then that, otherwise he's just being a baka again. If anything she needs him a lot more now if that's the case.

Yeah, Touji and co don't care Yakou at all and are more scared that a close friend of theirs body has been jacked and is now just a stranger.
We'll hopefully they realise that haratora is Yakou and Yakou is haratora in future volumes cause I think it's silly that they think he's possibly been possessed by Yakou or as you say body jacked I just hope that opinion they have on the situation doesn't drag on too much in the future novels and I hope it doesn't affect there feelings towards haratora cause that's what makes the gang so interesting 3 guys , 3 girls , all 3 girls are only interested in haratora feel sorry for touji and tenma
Old 2014-04-16, 21:35   Link #1933
Iron Maw
Banned

I have a feeling Harutora will meet with each of his old comrades at one point or another in story, whether he was wants to or not.

They will discover that he's still the same Bakatora deep inside despite the changes.
Old 2014-04-16, 22:02   Link #1934
anonfr

Quote:
I have a feeling Harutora will meet with each of his old comrades at one point or another in story, whether he was wants to or not.

They will discover that he's still the same Bakatora deep inside despite the changes.
I personally hope he finds Suzuka first. Then I hope he brings her with him wherever he's going.

This actually isn't because I ship them, it's because out of where everyone ended up "One year later" Her situation seems to be the worst. I feel really bad for her, like legitimately very bad for her.

I really hope she escapes somehow, If Yakoutora inadvertently comes across her and decides to rescue her, all the better.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 22:50   Link #1935
NectorPrime

Yeh true nothing will change that he's bakatora and what situation are the rest of the gang in then ? First time I've heard about this situation problem I'd be grateful if you could let me know the details if you can that is
Old 2014-04-17, 00:22   Link #1936
anonfr

Quote:
Yeh true nothing will change that he's bakatora and what situation are the rest of the gang in then ? First time I've heard about this situation problem I'd be grateful if you could let me know the details if you can that is
Oh. Well, I don't exactly remember all the specifics. from what I heard, in a nutshell;

Spoiler for Suzuka:

Honestly that's just what I remember from several longer spoiler discussions. If Iron Maw chimes in, you'd probably get more details.

BUT as that is her situation, despite the fact that I do ship her with Harutora (Just a little, little bit. I mean, she's so tsundere and adorable) I really want her to meet Harutora first, and get rescued.

Like, Harutora is investigating something and happens to run into Takiko and company including Suzuka! and then he takes her with him cause he's a nice guy.

Because, her current situation sounds terribly depressing and I really hope she get's out of it soon, one way or another. Plus, she's another sort of authority on Yakou's imperial style magic, basically like a lower level Saotome. So since she already has an in depth understanding on a lot of relevant things, so in my opinion I can see Suzuka being arguably the most immediately useful out of the former "Team Harutora". She can be Saotome's intern! Or Harutora's intern... I just want her rescued.
Old 2014-04-17, 00:33   Link #1937
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I personally hope he finds Suzuka first. Then I hope he brings her with him wherever he's going.

This actually isn't because I ship them, it's because out of where everyone ended up "One year later" Her situation seems to be the worst. I feel really bad for her, like legitimately very bad for her.

I really hope she escapes somehow, If Yakoutora inadvertently comes across her and decides to rescue her, all the better.
Agreed. I had same thoughts when I heard she working with Twin Horn. Her situation seems pretty damn perilous at this point, and I really hope nothing happens to her.

Quote:
Vol 10 gave some interesting small details of what old gang had been up after they split up.

-Touji is apparently with Amami, no reason has been specified yet.
-Suzuka as stated previous is with Twin Horn Syndicate. As with above no specific reason as to why is known. It's noted that she had been training with Takiko.
-Kyouko is with her grandmother Miyo most likely honing her star reading powers.
-Temna's whereabouts are unknown at this time.

Vol 11 is going to hopefully expand on all that and more.
Old 2014-04-17, 01:23   Link #1938
anonfr

See, NectorPrime, Ironmaw is the one to ask for these things.

Quote:
Agreed. I had same thoughts when I heard she working with Twin Horn. Her situation seems pretty damn perilous at this point, and I really hope nothing happens to her.
I'm really glad someone agree's with me for once and isn't calling my biased, or that I'm basing my reasoning on biased shipping goggles.

Suzuka, aside from being adorable, as well as a great character, had a really nice redemption story. I really liked seeing her go from the girl who killed Hokuto to a reliable friend we all care about. I'd really hate it if her newly forced Twin Horn association puts her in an antagonistic position again. I'd also really hate it if more bad things happened to her. She's got the short end of the stick so many times, from her upbringing and background, the issue with her brother, her sadly unrequited first love (I still believe though. It's just a bit, but I still believe). She's just gotten a bad deal for so long.

I'd really love for her to catch a break, get rescued, get to hang out with Harutora and talk about his awesome eyepatch and pirate crew. As well as, you know, be along for his yakoutora adventures.

More than anything though, I just want her to catch a break and escape Twin Horn one way or another. Her situation depresses me.
Old 2014-04-17, 02:23   Link #1939
NectorPrime

Cheers guys for the explanations and we'll poor Suzuka she seems to get into bad situations to be honest it would be good if she got out of that situation but hopefully in the next volume we will find out why she's with them and also find out why the others are doing what they doing plus I hope one of them atleasts cross's paths with haratora at some point in volume 11 but just gotta wait and see :P
Old 2014-04-17, 03:43   Link #1940
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

As for Suzuka's situation, I hope you lot still remembers that she's sealed by Genji and without him lifting the seal, it's unlikely she could get stronger to be any help at all (unlike Kagami, Suzuka is very weak when sealed). Hence the only choice she has seems to be working with the enemy for now.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural