AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 43 32.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 29.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 20.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 3.03%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-01, 14:34   Link #21
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
......... I am also a little perplexed by how quickly Shinmother reconciled her feelings with Hiromi. I know it's seeing the girl's desperation, but still.... And I didn't catch why she felt she wanted to tell that lie, and why she hated Hiromi's mother. Not sure if that was explained.
She hasn't reconciled her feelings with Hiromi yet. In fact, she says so in the episode directly to Hiromi. The dialogues were very interesting in the episodes and I wish to watch this episode again with the subs just to make certain I didn't miss anything important.

Btw, it also hasn't been explained why she told such lie to Hiromi, but things are in motion as indicated by Shin's dad when he says something to the effect: "Woman should be left with a woman." His involvement indicates we are approaching to the behind-the-curtain facts very soon.
Old 2008-03-01, 14:46   Link #22
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Remember the difference between "Nice guy" and "Good boy". Good boy will not stand up for themselve, they will defend other even to the point of fighting.
Spoiler for ep 9:
So , girls prefer good boys over nice guy ? ( in anime ) lol.
No actually I said that because I mean , sure I understand childhood friend and all , but c'mon , she knew he only had Hiromi in his mind , so..why keep clinging on him ?
But yeah , love doesn't always work the way we would want it to =/
Old 2008-03-01, 14:54   Link #23
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonSuke View Post
Okay...
Spoiler for wtf:
Same thought......but I guess only answer I came up with is: it's an anime.

So like 4 episodes to go, that's still a lot of room for drama. Shin hasn't yet fully realized or come to terms with his feelings for Hiromi. Guess it will be made clear to him in future episodes. Most likely by someone close to him, then he comes to act on it. I forget he's rather dense.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-01, 14:59   Link #24
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

Can't say I'm as thrilled by this ep as others, but that's probably just feeling for Noe and Jun. Shin and Hiromi are the dangerous ones, clearly.
I have not favorite between Noe and Hiromi and the scene at the ocean when she started walking fast and then ran, ALMOST got me to tear up for her, but I was able to hold it.
I really felt sad for her and now i think I understand why so many people are in love with her. Noe is the most perceptive anime character I ever seen in any anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
So , girls prefer good boys over nice guy ? ( in anime ) lol.
No actually I said that because I mean , sure I understand childhood friend and all , but c'mon , she knew he only had Hiromi in his mind , so..why keep clinging on him ?
But yeah , love doesn't always work the way we would want it to =/
It is almost like a law in anime, but it also reflects in real life. I don't know why women are attracted to bad boys but will overlook the nice guy. this is not all the time though, the women that marry nice guys and can find those quality attractive have it made. The rebel boy or Good boy with the heart of gold will trump the nice guy.

Someone said that female writers hardly give the nice guy the girl, but if nobuse ends with Aiko this will be a rarity in anime.
Old 2008-03-01, 15:28   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-01, 15:53   Link #26
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for above:

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-03-01 at 16:56.
Old 2008-03-01, 16:27   Link #27
deffusse
otaku[SK]

good one, 9/10 from ME, and >>
Spoiler for ep9/ep11:
Old 2008-03-01, 16:39   Link #28
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Too bad.... I liked NoexShin better than HiromixShin ;_;

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Old 2008-03-01, 16:40   Link #29
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
good one, 9/10 from ME, and >>
Spoiler for ep9/ep11:
Oh maybe you're right. Maybe she says it to Jun, I SURE NOT HOPE TO SHIN. Or maybe Noe says it directly to Shin. Not to sure but I really want to find out!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-03-01, 16:51   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Spoiler for above:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-01, 16:58   Link #31
golthin

Quote:
Spoiler:
At the pace that TT moves (because they don't spend time with unnecessary stuff)
4 episodes is an eternity in this show. This is one of the very few shows in a while of this type that didn't have an Onsen/beach/pool episode.

Last edited by golthin; 2008-03-01 at 17:21.
Old 2008-03-01, 17:08   Link #32
cloudninja

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for above:
Old 2008-03-01, 17:22   Link #33
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

This sucks...
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-01, 18:10   Link #34
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
what a mind blowing episode considering i only understood about half the dialog i didnt need to understand japanese that well pictures are worth a thousand words. If anyone ever had any doubt about Shin'ichiroxHiromi well watching this episode you will be kicking yourself in the face. Although im sure its not going to be as easy as all that. Jun will still have a role to play and im sure hes hasent given up on his plans just yet.

Spoiler for Question about Dialog for someone who understands Japanese better than I:

Spoiler for For CloudNinja:
Old 2008-03-01, 18:18   Link #35
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
what a mind blowing episode considering i only understood about half the dialog i didnt need to understand japanese that well pictures are worth a thousand words. If anyone ever had any doubt about Shin'ichiroxHiromi well watching this episode you will be kicking yourself in the face. Although im sure its not going to be as easy as all that. Jun will still have a role to play and im sure hes hasent given up on his plans just yet.

Spoiler for Question about Dialog for someone who understands Japanese better than I:
Spoiler for question about dialogue:
Old 2008-03-01, 18:54   Link #36
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
This sucks...
Spoiler:
True Tears is 100x better than Tokimeki Memorial .

I called it about the bike incident.

Good episode. Thanks a lot guys, for the summary .
Old 2008-03-01, 19:18   Link #37
DanielSong39

Sigh... just as I feared. The writers are starting to run out of ideas and are starting to lean on plot devices and cheap tricks to move things along. I hoped this show would be above such things - but I suppose not.

But what's really killing this show for me is Hiromi's inherent ugliness and her pattern of destruction. Quite unbelievably, my sympathy for Shin's mother has only grown with each passing episode - and Hiromi's presence alone is enough to fill me with dread. Just what will she wreck next? Shin and Noe's relationship has to be the next item on the agenda.

I can only see a few reasons for the recent turn of events - and none of them are much cause for optimism:

(1) Hiromi will "overcome" her obstacles and end up with Shin, her true love.

This really sends a bad message on many fronts. Her relationship with Shin is not a healthy one and is built on jealousy, emotions, and deception. Their level of communication is poor and their actions are even poorer. And just look at them when they're on the screen together; they're miserable half the time! Just contrast that with Shin and Noe's relationship, which is so much more open, refreshing, and productive. Is it merely a coincidence that Shin's efforts at drawing hit a wall when based on Hiromi, but developed and grew with Noe's encouragement?

(2) Hiromi is intended to be the antagonist, which will only increase the level of euphoria when Noe wins.

This actually makes more sense, but the way they're doing it is rather cheap. Such a turn of events is more satisfying when the writers build upon the positive, instead of pushing the negative. For that reason episode 8 was more productive to the final outcome than 9. In addition, episode 9 seemed to run as a series of plot devices instead of a natural evolution of the personalities, which also weakens the story. On the plus side Noe once again demonstrated her superiority over Hiromi, which strengthens her position.

(3) This is the start of a downward spiral, the precursor to "Nice Boat".

Possible, but not probable. School Days was a true pioneer in this area and it will be a very tough act to follow. Constructing such an implosion will be a difficult task and it will undoubtedly result in mixed reactions. How will they pull it off? Here's one idea:

A. Hiromi self-destructs. Not a hard thing to imagine, considering her general pattern.
B. Noe gets struck with a deadly illness. Hey, why not? It looks like the writers have exhausted every common plot device except for this one.
C. Shin, Jun, and Hiromi reenact KGNE. One can imagine plenty of back-stabbing in this circle, if not the infidelities.
D. In a subplot, Miyokichi and Ai find creative ways to achieve new lows in their relationship.
E. Show ends with Noe dead and everyone else miserable - but her death inspires others to look forward to a brighter future...

I hope this show can surprise me and really redeem itself. But even as I enjoyed the last few episodes, I couldn't shake the troubling signs - and it looks like they may be confirmed.
Old 2008-03-01, 22:43   Link #38
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Episode 9 and Clannad:
Old 2008-03-01, 23:07   Link #39
Hage-bai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
This sucks...
Spoiler:
You're telling me...what a let down. Convenient plot direction. I suppose it is better than them pulling a Canvas 2 ending (a sham of a series in what is turning to be a very subpar genre).
Old 2008-03-01, 23:32   Link #40
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
You guys....

Shin's going to end up with that pig-tailed girl that sits 2 seats away from him.

But seriously I'm not even sure why I started watching this show but I guess I'll see it to the end. Though at this point I'm not even sure where we are heading but I'm gaining a huge dislike to Hiromi and Noe.
Closed Thread