AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2004-05-08, 21:34   Link #21
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfunf
So how exactly do you play a game that is in all japanese? I'm downloading it (and I have set up my computer to work right with it), but I still am not really sure how one completes a game they cannot understand. I can understand SOME japanese when I hear it; however, I understand none of it if I try to read it.
Games of this kind of gene are usually mainly 'text game'. It's kind of like an interactive graphic novel, but you are the main character and the options that you select as the stories develope could directly affect the ending. Most of these games that are released at these recent years (this includes KGNE) have dialoge/voice acting.

But reading the stories of the game is what the game is all about (unless you are one of those people that couldn't care less about what's going on with the story and just wanting to get to the H-scenes), it's pretty pointless if you can't understand Japanese.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 01:08   Link #22
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfunf
So how exactly do you play a game that is in all japanese? I'm downloading it (and I have set up my computer to work right with it), but I still am not really sure how one completes a game they cannot understand. I can understand SOME japanese when I hear it; however, I understand none of it if I try to read it.
First, you need some knowledge of the Japanese written language. I'm not entirely proficient at it, in fact playing Kimi ga Nozomu Eien I spent a good amount of time looking up radicals and the occasional grammar form I wasn't familar with. While the game does include character dialogue, it won't help as much as you think. I believe in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien nearly 75% of the text needing to be read wasn't spoken. ^^;

In another forum there is mention of a program called Text-Hooker. I've never used this before, but it supposedly translates the text for you. Although, all reports I've heard about it say it's translations are about as accurate babel fish's.

I have to agree with Marine-RX179 that if you can't read the text, playing the game might be kind of pointless, all you'll be doing is guessing for your decisions.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 09:37   Link #23
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14330

Something to consider, maybe?

I can actually visualize G-Collections being pummeled with 20,000 requests to translate the game, then when they give in and do it, only 1% of the people who mailed (plus the people who buy every ero-game translated) buy it, the rest pirate. Sad...
Old 2004-05-25, 20:17   Link #24
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14330

Something to consider, maybe?

I can actually visualize G-Collections being pummeled with 20,000 requests to translate the game, then when they give in and do it, only 1% of the people who mailed (plus the people who buy every ero-game translated) buy it, the rest pirate. Sad...
Hell, if they do bother to translate it, I can garuntee them at least one sale.

It still surprises me how they pick titles to translate, but if they start picking up some of games the animes are based on it would be a good thing.

I am much more interested in seeing something like KGNE than another "tentacle" title.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 20:40   Link #25
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
Hell, if they do bother to translate it, I can garuntee them at least one sale.
Make that two

Their selection depends a lot on which companies are willing to license games to them. It'll be interesting to see whether or not they'll actually get enough requests to decide to go for it. And if they do, will they get the license?
Old 2004-05-25, 20:45   Link #26
nephilim
Loves Kaori

HMMM... if they do translate, i'll play. I've yet to play games such as that.. played the japanese version but don't understand.. quite pointless
nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 22:28   Link #27
bluemist
i am the mist

Sorry to say that if they do KGNE I may have to pirate. Can't be helped, I'm in their 'forbidden distribution region' (they can't distribute in Asia due to copyright purposes I don't understand). I hope I could import the game and I hope it's not illegal to do so.

I think they can license the game and it will be a big seller. Kiminozo has enough h-scenes to keep the G-collections fans happy and at the same time cater to us, the anime people who knew Kiminozo through the anime. It'll be the biggest target market they've ever had.
Old 2004-05-26, 08:49   Link #28
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
Sorry to say that if they do KGNE I may have to pirate. Can't be helped, I'm in their 'forbidden distribution region' (they can't distribute in Asia due to copyright purposes I don't understand).
G-Collections can't sell to Asian countries due to contract obligations. That doesn't mean that all the other webshops who carry their products have the same problem...
Old 2004-05-26, 09:03   Link #29
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
G-Collections can't sell to Asian countries due to contract obligations. That doesn't mean that all the other webshops who carry their products have the same problem...
I see, so I can buy it in other shops... thanks for the info~~
Old 2004-05-28, 12:50   Link #30
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
I see, so I can buy it in other shops... thanks for the info~~
You should be able to find it on several sites once its released, and there is always e-bay.
Old 2004-06-01, 11:39   Link #31
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
You should be able to find it on several sites once its released, and there is always e-bay.
Just make sure it's not a bootleg version. Not much point in paying at all if the original creators haven't gotten any money for that copy.
Old 2004-06-01, 12:06   Link #32
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
Just make sure it's not a bootleg version. Not much point in paying at all if the original creators haven't gotten any money for that copy.
Very true, I should clairfy. There are several software companies that have have online storefronts with e-bay, those are good places to buy. You should stick to the larger firms with high transaction counts and feedback, and watch for where they are located.
Old 2004-11-23, 10:06   Link #33
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinyamato
Hi, welcome to the forums...

Now go read the RULES!

Last edited by xris; 2004-11-23 at 11:05.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 03:04   Link #34
jinyamato

can anyone tell me where to buy it in singapore. my dad refuses to let me buy it online.
jinyamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 00:19   Link #35
SilverTalon

If the game has been licensed, could some one point me to where I could buy it online?

If it hasn't would some one please pm me a torrent or link.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 02:08   Link #36
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon
If the game has been licensed, could some one point me to where I could buy it online?

If it hasn't would some one please pm me a torrent or link.
Licensed or not is the issue, software is protected despite the origin of the product, therefor even if the game isn't released outside of Japan in conventional terms, it's still piracy to have it without purchasing.

However, in this case, places such as Himeya has the game and ships outside of Japan, it just takes looking around and the ability to part with a bit of money to get it.
Old 2004-12-23, 23:51   Link #37
noodles87
There will be a sequel!

Does anyone know where i can find a site where they sell the legal copy for KgNE. I would really appreciate it.
noodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 00:09   Link #38
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

http://shop.himeya.com has it...

There are several other sites, Getchu has it, but they do not do shipping outside of Japan.
Old 2006-01-18, 18:01   Link #39
rollwithit

I imported it too... It's nasty (I HATE HENTAI!!), but it's fun to see other endings than just the one from the anime. It's funny sometimes too! ^___^
rollwithit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 06:53   Link #40
Lunny

Well, sorry for my stupid question but is there any English translation for the game so far?
Lunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
âge, bishoujo, drama, ero-game, eroge, pc game, romance, visual novel