AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-10-15, 08:06   Link #201
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, The shana-tan for the movie has been subbed by SS-Eclipse. (quite fresh, 22 hours ago ^^")
Old 2007-10-15, 08:08   Link #202
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Yes, The shana-tan for the movie has been subbed by SS-Eclipse. (quite fresh, 22 hours ago ^^")
You mean the Shana-tan special is bundled together with the movie torrent?

Edit: My bad, I TOTALLY did not see the "tan" in their file name. Boy they should use a hyphen. I knew I had their movie torrent a few days ago.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 10:53   Link #203
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I would not call movie faithfull though.. Few scenes were more faithfull than anime but it skipped and ignored quite a few scenes which in the final result made it much less faithful than anime series.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 11:01   Link #204
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You can't expect the movie to put everything, especially if it the anime already covered it.
Considering the pace of the movie, it is quite a good thing they could shrunk Friagne arc into a mere size of a movie.

And frankly, if you just put the anime tid bits (mainly shana parts, which is probably why they skipped in the movie), it does the good job. (the whole deal with friagne makes this adaptation worthing it, unlike the dubious one in the anime)
Old 2007-10-16, 11:10   Link #205
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
You when you think about it - Shana is the character that suffers most from the movie cuts due to time restrains..They skipped quite a few scenes of her. The whole Friagne fight was done much better in the movie.

I just wish they wouldn't have skipped so many Shana scenes though.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 23:41   Link #206
charizardpal
灼眼の

I always thought Yoshida was an afterthought by the writers in the anime (she only starts talking to Sakai and acting interested around episode...4 was it? After he helps her up when she falls on the track since she has a condition where she has a hard time breathing.) But they realized she wasn't seriously competitive enough so they corrected this in the film by making her interested in him right off the bat.

*Possible Spoilers*

Yeah the fuzetsu looks awesome now--it's more the way that I would visualize it (as the edge of a giant swirling black hole somehow disconnected with our reality). Used to be there was a flash of yellow (a shockwave), then everything would go purple...basically the only change was a palette change within a sphere, and a uniform smooth sphere for the fuzetsu. While I did like the idea of everything inside being basked in a soft twilight, I really like the swirling bits of dark matter that circle the fuzetsu now, and expand until they've covered everything, even though it looks less instantaneous all that black spreading looks more ominous.

Just what does the Yuji's father do? I had assumed that he was dead, but now he seems to be exploring the Gobi desert and climbing mount Everest. I get the impression he'll actually serve a role, in a twist, and I speculate that he could be an arcahaeologist father as in the series CCS. By the way, Yuji DID cast that fuzetsu during the fight right?

One more thought: Anyone else think that Shana sounded like a imp when she laughed at the end?

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
charizardpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 02:55   Link #207
KKensei
Lost Member

Quote:
Speaking of this....wow...that part with the horror parody actually freaked me out...=.=''
KKensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 03:38   Link #208
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizardpal View Post
By the way, Yuji DID cast that fuzetsu during the fight right?
No, Shana was the one who casted the Fuzetsu. Yuuji only yells her to do so, and as you can see, her body vibrated, and the spell started from her as the center of the Fuzetsu.

Second season implies that Yuuji isn't able to do a Fuzetsu yet, so.
Old 2007-10-17, 05:22   Link #209
bismuth

This movie is great! It refreshes my memory about the 1st season just in time for the 2nd season. As expected, the animation is superb (at least compared to TV series) and it only covers the Friagne arc. Given the limited time they managed to compress it to 1.5 hours and get a good ending. Friagne's defeat is one thing that I hate in the TV series, here they did it right and eliminated him in a more dramatic manner. Will buy this DVD soon as I have budget for it.

I also liked how they presented Hirai Yukari's vanishing with a wonderful insert song. It creates a more powerful emotional impact than the TV series. I also liked the song. Now I'm considering of purchasing the CDs.
bismuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 01:04   Link #210
kimchipride
Geass User

Quote:
No, Shana was the one who casted the Fuzetsu. Yuuji only yells her to do so, and as you can see, her body vibrated, and the spell started from her as the center of the Fuzetsu.

Second season implies that Yuuji isn't able to do a Fuzetsu yet, so.
He is correct. If you look at 1:15:22, you can see a circle wave around her who was as the center of the Fuzetsu. Good observation, I thought Yuuji did it all this time...
kimchipride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 09:56   Link #211
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Hmmm... Whats with the constant Wilhelmina appearence on TV?
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 10:45   Link #212
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
Random amusement for the fans?
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 00:03   Link #213
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
The only time she appears in the movies.

It's a cameo sort of joke.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 12:15   Link #214
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I never seen an anime woman cross legs with so much animation as this movie does for Margery.
Old 2009-04-25, 16:11   Link #215
KimmyChan

I have as of yet to see the Shana movie, but I've heard so much about it over the past month or so

I totally must find an anime streaming site online somewhere that has it to watch quite freely
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 06:06   Link #216
tyciol
*Artist

I heard they also made a parody of the movie. Like there is "Shakugan no Shanatan" 1-2 which is a parody of episodes 1-26 and then they made a Shanatan parody of the movie as well, though I have not seen it yet so perhaps the movie is a sequel to the Shantan episodes and goes off in a different direction?

There also seems to be a "Hecatetan" special based on a character you meet in the latter half of the anime part of the big bad trinity.

Actually the "tan" thing seems to be done for the sequent "Second" and "S" (San? 3?) series as well.

It makes me wonder, if they ever create a Season 4 (I don't know since have not read the manga or have any idea if the anime has concluded) I think they should call it "Shakugan no Shana Shi" since Shi is 4.

I completely understand using the english 'second' in place of 'ni' to keep with the alliteration theme though.

We'd be really stuck if there was a season 5 though because Five/Roku would not work at all. I wonder if there is another language where this begins with an S.

Quote:
Yeah I bet they did a great job, I've seen there work on other things.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 07:10   Link #217
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
I heard they also made a parody of the movie. Like there is "Shakugan no Shanatan" 1-2 which is a parody of episodes 1-26 and then they made a Shanatan parody of the movie as well, though I have not seen it yet so perhaps the movie is a sequel to the Shantan episodes and goes off in a different direction?

There also seems to be a "Hecatetan" special based on a character you meet in the latter half of the anime part of the big bad trinity.

Actually the "tan" thing seems to be done for the sequent "Second" and "S" (San? 3?) series as well.

It makes me wonder, if they ever create a Season 4 (I don't know since have not read the manga or have any idea if the anime has concluded) I think they should call it "Shakugan no Shana Shi" since Shi is 4.

I completely understand using the english 'second' in place of 'ni' to keep with the alliteration theme though.

We'd be really stuck if there was a season 5 though because Five/Roku would not work at all. I wonder if there is another language where this begins with an S.
They defiantly made a parody of the movie/season 1/season 2/dint see any about Shakugan no Shana S... Since it was a pretty recent OVA in comparing the release dates.

Its actually funny when she shows up in it

Don't understand this..

There hasn't been a season 3 yet... But its TBA when Season 3 will be released.

No idea here..

I think Season 3 will be the finale.

Tags
action, adventure, bishoujo, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, movie, romance, shounen, tsundere