AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-04-13, 12:49   Link #41
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Okay, I have a new PSU and I attempted to take out the old PSU, but as I was unplugging things and didn't know what was what with them, it occurred to me, just what do I have to unplug? Just unplug the things I need to remove it and I can keep in the old wires? Or is that a bad idea and put the new wires in?

Also, I'm gonna have to make sure everything is plugged in, I don't wanna get it all up and going and then find out a fan isn't working.

Some of the things seem hard to unplug. When it comes to things like that, I am probably too gentle. I should worry less when trying to unplug things and plug things in? This stuff is more durable than I give it credit for, eh?
Old 2012-04-13, 16:33   Link #42
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
...just what do I have to unplug?
You just need to unplug the power connectors from your old PSU and replace them with the same things from the new PSU. So that'd be:
  1. 24-pin motherboard power connector,
  2. 4- or 8-pin CPU power connector,
  3. 6-pin graphics card power connector,
  4. SATA disk/optical drive power connectors, and
  5. Any 4-pin molex power connectors
There's no need to unplug your SATA data cables, fan cables, or anything else .
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 20:50   Link #43
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So, uh, I got my computer up and going again.

Another question from a guy who is paranoid about computer problems, ha. I think all the fans are running. The one system fan is and the CPU fan is. Should I ever have concern that my other two fans aren't running? I'd check, but it is hard to see them. I know, I only had to plug in a connector for the main system fan, and the other two fans should work regardless, but I felt like asking. Because I hate computer problems.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:15   Link #44
sa547
*Author

No problem if the fans' wattage (they use small amount of watts and amperes) are factored into the overall system consumption and should be within the PSU's limits; my PC uses three cooling fans with a 600w PSU.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:48   Link #45
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Should I ever have concern that my other two fans aren't running? I'd check, but it is hard to see them.
Are they hiding behind something? . I mean, I'm pretty sure I can see all my fans just by taking the case side panel off...

Anyway, I suppose you could just install something like SpeedFan to get your fan speeds, assuming they're connected directly to the motherboard (i.e. not through a 4-pin molex). Or if you don't want to install SpeedFan just reboot, go into your BIOS, and there'll probably be a "System Health" page where you'll get fan speeds, system temperatures, etc .
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 22:50   Link #46
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahd View Post
Are they hiding behind something?

I suppose you could just install something like SpeedFan to get your fan speeds, assuming they're connected directly to the motherboard (i.e. not through a 4-pin molex). Or if you don't want to install SpeedFan just reboot, go into your BIOS, and there'll probably be a "System Health" page where you'll get fan speeds, system temperatures, etc .
Haha, yeah, the part you bolded. I can see into my case and can see two of the fans running, but not the other two. I'll check out speedfan.